Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" (37607 Views)

Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' / Fox News Cameraman Pierre Zakrzewski Killed In Ukraine By Russian Military Fire. / US President Biden Warns Russia, Says NATO Ready To Respond (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by JohnDazzy: 7:01am On May 04, 2022
Whazar:
I love war like mad

You think say na film?

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by Walkee: 7:03am On May 04, 2022
perez100:
The US "Javelin" had made nonsense of armoured tanks. The tanks are easily blown into pieces like balloons. The Javelin comes with 2 war heads and gives you the opportunity to fire and change position and this makes it so difficult for enemies to track where the attack comes from. Whenever Javelin is involved, the tanks that position in one place are sure for destructions and trying to tactically maneuver, still no escape because whichever way, Javelin the king of destruction will track you. Anytime Javelin is in action, it can't return without delivering its message successfully. What made Russian Commander exclaimed, "tanks are now useless and appears like toys.".

Javelin, a symbol of Ukraine"s resistance.

Don't joke with Javelin.
lol javelin is a proper joke. You have to hit a tank 5 to 6 times before it can do anything. It's also too heavy Ukrainians always abandon it while retreating. DPR Militia have captured hundreds of that joke weapon because Ukrainians always abandon it almost all the time. USA are just hyping it because it is their weapon and they want to sell it. The weapon Ukraine are actually using is their own Stugna-P.

5 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by OhafiaPrince(m): 7:06am On May 04, 2022
nawoo
Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by Rugaria: 7:06am On May 04, 2022
Quelme:
This senile old fool is back into reality.
Use your brain for once naa, ahah..
God gave you a brain.. Try using it..

3 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by Bahamas95(m): 7:06am On May 04, 2022
Whazar:
I love war like mad
War film is different from real life war.

Even communal clash is not what someone would want to witness.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by Vikitony: 7:08am On May 04, 2022
Quelme:

You lack sense of reasoning by calling the pope old fool. Where is your manners?

4 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by TheMan3: 7:11am On May 04, 2022
Thanksful:
I talk am. This war is for testing newly invented weapons from all the corners of the globe.
yeah and zelensky thinks it's one of his movies. He has just used himself, his country, and the lives of the people as real life pawns.

3 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by MtDave55: 7:12am On May 04, 2022
subsidywise18:
Maybe.

But it does not make it right

Taking the comment to the extreme, we can safely say it was iraq and Afghanistan's fault that Bush and the US bombed them.

Yes, Russia has a right to safe borders. Not at the expense of Ukrainian lives and property

Ukraine is not the only country boundary Russia, why did they choose to be an instrument of making Russia bounder insecure
Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by Samuelnze(m): 7:13am On May 04, 2022
Whazar:
I love war like mad
hmmmm.. human being of 21st century.
Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by Seventhheaven: 7:14am On May 04, 2022
Whazar:
I love war like mad

See i can assure you that even majority of professional soldiers detest war. It's easy to say you love war when you've never experienced it.
Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by Slimjim6969(m): 7:16am On May 04, 2022
Stop typing rubbish, did you have a lineage, u
are more useless than useless
Quelme:
Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by deluxecad(m): 7:16am On May 04, 2022
I agree 100%

Rugaria:
I'm happy that The Pope understands the unending wickedness and pugnacious nature of NATO.
NATO is useless to modern world other than to provoke conflicts to loot other nations resources and to funnel funds into the "military industrial complex"

Putin was right to respond as he rightly did, but now that lives are being lost and Ukraine being totally ruined, anything that can be done to save lives is welcomed. Part of that should entail the global criminalization of NATO and the designation of the association as that of vandals and bloodsuckers..

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by Rugaria: 7:16am On May 04, 2022
UncleKoboko:

He diot

You don't even have respect for your Christian brother.

We have not been stupid for supporting Russia all along and I'm very happy that someone like pope is standing up for the truth while meaning frustrated and brainwashed OSU IPOB JEW PIGS and some other fools keeps criticising Russia by standing up against America's aggression and bully.

"OSUS IPOB JEW PIGS" Kee u dia
Ijiot
Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by maasoap(m): 7:19am On May 04, 2022
Whazar:
I love war like mad

Most especially when it's not being fought at your door. Lol
Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by TenQ: 7:21am On May 04, 2022
Rugaria:
I'm happy that The Pope understands the unending wickedness and pugnacious nature of NATO.
NATO is useless to modern world other than to provoke conflicts to loot other nations resources and to funnel funds into the "military industrial complex"

Putin was right to respond as he rightly did, but now that lives are being lost and Ukraine being totally ruined, anything that can be done to save lives is welcomed. Part of that should entail the global criminalization of NATO and the designation of the association as that of vandals and bloodsuckers..
From the objectives of Putin at play, we know what he wants from Ukraine. The claim of Ukraine trying to join NATO is just a ruse.

Putin wants to annex the whole of Ukraine if possible and if not to annex Eastern Ukraine from Dombas to Odessa with the Gas fields, Iron ore and sea port.

Can you please answer this question:
In 2014 when Russia annex Cremia, was it because Ukraine desired to join NATO?
What was the excuse of Russia?

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by khadaffi(m): 7:23am On May 04, 2022
9gerian:
Who else noticed that the only time the pope was alleged to be a conspiracy theorist was when he alluded to what every informed person knows about the deliberate poking of Russia by NATO, which led to this crisis? This is because there is a script, and anything outside of that script is regarded as conspiracy theories and censored from the news.

This is how people are brainwashed and programmed to think and react in a particular way using the media who work in sync with specially scripted narratives for people to soak up without an opportunity for an opinion of their own. Watch all the mainstream media and you would see the pattern for what it is.

I thought I was the only one that also noticed that

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by Henz81: 7:23am On May 04, 2022
NwaNimo1:
Why is pope desperate to trend?

[img]https:///media/3-30-2022/GDyBpU.gif[/img]

The matter no concern the vatican.......dem wan loot from the dead bodies again?
Shut up your stupid mouth

3 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by bakar007: 7:23am On May 04, 2022
WriterNig:

Since the beginning of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, Pope Francis has floated the idea that he wants to take a trip to Kyiv to try to broker a ceasefire. But now he says he would prefer to go to Moscow to try to talk some sense into Vladimir Putin, who he has not outwardly condemned in the now nearly three-month-old war and only did so lightly in a lengthy interview with an Italian newspaper.

“I feel that before going to Kyiv, I must go to Moscow,” he told Corriere Della Sera in an interview that ran Tuesday. But the meeting would not exactly be to condemn Putin, based on what he told the paper. He said that the real “scandal” of Putin’s war is “NATO barking at Russia’s door,” which he said caused the Kremlin to “react badly and unleash the conflict.”

Never mind that the 85-year-old pontiff is unable to walk after tearing a ligament in his knee (for which he says he will soon have surgery), or that Putin won’t even answer his calls. Francis repeated comments he has made in general audiences and in other interviews that the war is nothing more than a giant opportunity for a “trade in arms” and that it is still ongoing because of the constant shuttling of weapons to Ukraine. He has spoken twice by phone to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, but mostly to urge him not to fight back. He also went to the Russian embassy to the Holy See days after the invasion began to “register his concerns” about what was happening.

“I don’t know how to answer - I’m too far a way - the question of whether it is right to supply the Ukrainians,” he told the paper. “The clear thing is that weapons are being tested there. The Russians now know that tanks are of little use and are thinking of other things. This is why wars are waged: to test the weapons we have produced. Few people are fighting this trade, but more should be done.”

Whether the Italian journalists didn’t ask or whether he didn’t answer there was no mention about what would happen if Ukrainians were not fiercely fighting back, whether it would mean a full annexation of the entire country, millions of deaths, or empowering an already insatiably power-hungry Putin.

Francis veered toward conspiracy theory as he blamed the international community for instigating the war.

“You cannot think that a free state can make war on another free state,” he said. “In Ukraine, it seems that it was others who created the conflict. I am pessimistic but we must do everything possible to stop the war.”

The pope then said that in a state visit to Rome by Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban, he was told “the Russians have a plan, that everything will end on May 9” without giving any further explanation. May 9 is the day Russia celebrates its liberation and the end of World War II.

Finally someone telling the truth for once , western keypad slaves will be here crying now

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by Morphinne: 7:25am On May 04, 2022
WriterNig:

“I feel that before going to Kyiv, I must go to Moscow,” he told Corriere Della Sera in an interview that ran Tuesday. But the meeting would not exactly be to condemn Putin, based on what he told the paper. He said that the real “scandal” of Putin’s war is “NATO barking at Russia’s door,” which he said caused the Kremlin to “react badly and unleash the conflict.”
“I don’t know how to answer - I’m too far a way - the question of whether it is right to supply the Ukrainians,” he told the paper. “The clear thing is that weapons are being tested there. The Russians now know that tanks are of little use and are thinking of other things. This is why wars are waged: to test the weapons we have produced. Few people are fighting this trade, but more should be done.”
[/b]

“You cannot think that a free state can make war on another free state,” he said. “In Ukraine, it seems that it was others who created the conflict. I am pessimistic but we must do everything possible to stop the war.”

[b]He said that the real “scandal” of Putin’s war is “NATO barking at Russia’s door,” which he said caused the Kremlin to “react badly and unleash the conflict.”

When someone with a functional brain speaks you will surely know from a million miles away.
Here is someone with a functional brain and an unbiased mind~ a freethinker. The Pope just spoke nothing but the truth while some nairaland subhumans want to have us think otherwise and believe that anyone who goes contrary to their wack thinking is definitely a Muslim terrorist or probably denied visa to the West. The root cause of this conflict is very clear but only intelligent people can see. You don’t invite my ark enemies to surround my gate asking me to keep my cool citing that you have fundamental rights to peaceful assembly and association.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by DrChukki: 7:25am On May 04, 2022
NwaNimo1:

The matter no concern the vatican.......dem wan loot from the dead bodies again?

You don't know the role of Roman Catholic Church in the global affairs.

Pope is like World president. So every affair in the world concerns him.

If it was during the time of Pope John Paul II, he won't even stay this long before visiting the 2 countries.

So he's doing his work...

3 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by Henz81: 7:27am On May 04, 2022
Quelme:
Shatap

3 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by TenQ: 7:28am On May 04, 2022
deluxecad:
I agree 100%

Global criminalisation of NATO that invaded Ukraine and destroyed several cities?

There is no problem if you dislike NATO, but in this war, Russia goofed big time. They are greedy and selfish.

Putin's aim is to have a restoration of the old Soviet empire and a unified Russia. Every other thing is just a ruse to attain this. I pray he fails miserably in annexing eastern Ukraine.

A question for you:
If Russia succeeds in annexing the whole of eastern Ukraine, does it solve the problem of
1. Ukraine joining NATO
2. de-Nazifying Ukraine
Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by maasoap(m): 7:31am On May 04, 2022
Never mind that the 85-year-old pontiff is unable to walk after tearing a ligament in his knee (for which he says he will soon have surgery), or that Putin won’t even answer his calls.

Ukraine or USA supporters on nairaland should by now know that Putin is not joking with any individuals, nations or alliances.

4 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by PericomaNwankwo: 7:33am On May 04, 2022
NwaNimo1:

Do you comment to make sense or to impress people??

4 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by Chem2020: 7:38am On May 04, 2022
NwaNimo1:

Shut up!!! If u cannot say sensible thing for once

4 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by Rugaria: 7:41am On May 04, 2022
TenQ:

From the objectives of Putin at play, we know what he wants from Ukraine. The claim of Ukraine trying to join NATO is just a ruse.

Putin wants to annex the whole of Ukraine if possible and if not to annex Eastern Ukraine from Dombas to Odessa with the Gas fields, Iron ore and sea port.

Can you please answer this question:
In 2014 when Russia annex Cremia, was it because Ukraine desired to join NATO?
What was the excuse of Russia?

If Ukraine didn't refuse to keep to her agreements with Russia, both Crimea and this current war will not have happened. That's the fact you should understand. For me, these issues are very simple but Nigerians like to make it complex. I believe that a huge Super power like Russia deserves some respect and shouldn't be bullied the way the Americans are doing. Obviously, the US is desperate to contain Russia and restrict the level of influence that Russia can exude in international affairs. The world have seen all sorts of wars and carnage and bloodshed because of these "ego wars" being fought by the West in all sorts of places around the world..

The Americans have the prerogative to do so if they chose to, but we also have to understand that the Russians have the right to work against such in the ultimate defence of their national interest. That's what's going on in Ukraine today; Russia fighting off Western attempt to encircle her! Every discerning minds can see this. Trying to make it look like a wayward land grab by Russia doesn't make sense. It wasn't Russia that voted to join NATO, it was Ukraine! NATO is more or else Russias nemesis.... Those beholden to an emotional attachment to western propaganda won't see the facts for what they're; facts!

9 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by haslaw(m): 7:41am On May 04, 2022
St00peed Pope, why didn't he spoke against NATO before issues got to this stage. Now he is calling Russian leader on phone. To say what exactly.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by Izack04(m): 7:41am On May 04, 2022
[quote author=WriterNig post=112498976]

Since the beginning of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, Pope Francis has floated the idea that he wants to take a trip to Kyiv to try to broker a ceasefire. But now he says he would prefer to go to Moscow to try to talk some sense into Vladimir Putin, who he has not outwardly condemned in the now nearly three-month-old war and only did so lightly in a lengthy interview with an Italian newspaper.

Never mind that the 85-year-old pontiff is unable to walk after tearing a ligament in his knee (for which he says he will soon have surgery), or that Putin won’t even answer his calls. Francis repeated comments he has made in general audiences and in other interviews that the war is nothing more than a giant opportunity for a “trade in arms” and that it is still ongoing because of the constant shuttling of weapons to Ukraine. He has spoken twice by phone to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, but mostly to urge him not to fight back. He also went to the Russian embassy to the Holy See days after the invasion began to “register his concerns” about what was happening.

Whether the Italian journalists didn’t ask or whether he didn’t answer there was no mention about what would happen if Ukrainians were not fiercely fighting back, whether it would mean a full annexation of the entire country, millions of deaths, or empowering an already insatiably power-hungry Putin.

Francis veered toward conspiracy theory as he blamed the international community for instigating the war.

The pope then said that in a state visit to Rome by Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban, he was told “the Russians have a plan, that everything will end on May 9” without giving any further explanation. May 9 is the day Russia celebrates its liberation and the end of World War II.

[img]https://www.twincities.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/AP22096334537190-1.jpg?w=978[/img how can pope tell Ukraine not to fight back, the should sit down and watch Russia destroy them, pope Francis is not sincere
Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by Shadysen: 7:42am On May 04, 2022
InoGetJoy:
This is why I love the Catholic church and I'll forever remain a Catholic.
Tell them the truth, so these ignorant Nairalanders will learn!
The US and NATO is the cause of this war! It's a pity Zellensky is allowing him country to be killed just to be called a "hero"
shut up Catholic the occultic organization.
Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by WowSweetGuy(m): 7:43am On May 04, 2022
Quelme:
A whole Pope! God have mercy on your soul
Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by effort1: 7:44am On May 04, 2022
Whazar:
I love war like mad

Especially when you are not the victim of the war.

May God make your family a victim of war once and let us see whether you will still love war.
Re: Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" by Morphinne: 7:44am On May 04, 2022
TenQ:

Putin's aim is to have a restoration of the old Soviet empire and a unified Russia. [/b]Every other thing is just a ruse to attain this. I pray he fails miserably in annexing eastern Ukraine.
[/color]

If that’s Putin’s aim as you just claimed, then a wise leader would have done everything possible to make sure he didn’t give Russia and Putin anything to justify their vile plans against his country. Forming alliance with my enemies and inviting them over to my borders is an act of war and enough justification/excuse to bomb your ass if I have the might even if that had been my plan right from onset. In a nutshell, a wise man (obviously you’re not) avoids anything that could give his stronger enemy justification to kill him. Zelensky should have been left in the circus doing what he knows how to do best because he obviously knows nothing about governance

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Soleimani Killing: Iran Designates US Forces ‘Terrorists' / Israel's Iron Dome Intercepts Rockets From Gaza (Video) / Biden Vows Retaliation Over Kabul Attack, Says ISIL Affiliates Are Responsible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.