Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,677 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? (28785 Views)

Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere / Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters / How Guys Use Marriage To Plunge Themselves Into Perpetual Poverty. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by Nobody: 1:27pm On May 06, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

Aunty ehhhhh, u just carry marriage matter for head, abi u dun tire to dey do asoebi for people?
I no tire o. In fact I dey sell Kampala Aso ebi. If Una wan buy

1 Like

Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by Ajalekoko76(m): 1:28pm On May 06, 2022
I want to believe your Fada's life style and ways of life must have directly or indirectly impacted on your thoughts.
Marriage benefits : 1. To build home - A home where virtues are taught and encourage. 2. To fulfill sexual urge morally and spiritually. 3. For procreation 4. Companionship. 5. To build a healthy society. Note - Challenges are bound in marriage like any other institutions. Orderliness in society starts from home, you are what you are today because of challenges of marriage your parents went through and conquer. Don't focus your mind on challenges of marriage alone, also appreciate one or two benefits of marriage begin from their.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by emmanuelbrown26: 1:28pm On May 06, 2022
pappilo:

I have no reason to lie. I am not claiming to be a saint and after peservering for a few years after our sex ife dried up, I looked outside and didnt look back. i was determined to stay in the marriage even though it was dead for the salke of the children (dumb move). She was a good woman for many many years so a good partner can go rogue.

I can understand people can stop loving each other but I can never get over the thought of a woman i had been with for 22 years (dated for 9 years - we were teenagers when we started) had no qualms about sending me to prison for her new flame.

Those were were the worst 2 years of my life. No home, had to move into shared accomodation, something I had never done in all my life in the abroad grin, had to sell my car and, took on so much debt to pay almost £20,000 in solicitor/barrister fees, took a second job doing 12 hours night shift in a factory. All this was going on with the prospect of prison time and a criminal record.

Those were really dark days and I contemplated suicide. The ironic thing is, it was a woman who helped me through those very dark times. i honestly believe if that woman wasnt in my life in that period, I wouldnt be here today.

I know this is a bit off topic. I am sorry but this is like therapy for me..
damn damn damnnnnnn, i
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by jrusky(m): 1:29pm On May 06, 2022
Google the benefit you will know better

Ask iyabo ojo, kemi oluloyo, Genevive, Tonto, Eucharia, Chika Ike etc they will tell the benefit of having husband than still be a side chick at menopause.
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by lordally(m): 1:32pm On May 06, 2022
pappilo:

I have no reason to lie. I am not claiming to be a saint and after peservering for a few years after our sex ife dried up, I looked outside and didnt look back. i was determined to stay in the marriage even though it was dead for the salke of the children (dumb move). She was a good woman for many many years so a good partner can go rogue.

I can understand people can stop loving each other but I can never get over the thought of a woman i had been with for 22 years (dated for 9 years - we were teenagers when we started) had no qualms about sending me to prison for her new flame.

Those were were the worst 2 years of my life. No home, had to move into shared accomodation, something I had never done in all my life in the abroad grin, had to sell my car and, took on so much debt to pay almost £20,000 in solicitor/barrister fees, took a second job doing 12 hours night shift in a factory. All this was going on with the prospect of prison time and a criminal record.

Those were really dark days and I contemplated suicide. The ironic thing is, it was a woman who helped me through those very dark times. i honestly believe if that woman wasnt in my life in that period, I wouldnt be here today.

I know this is a bit off topic. I am sorry but this is like therapy for me..

Then since a woman helped you out during those dark times...then I think it means there are still good women out there!!!

I'm so sorry for what you've been through... I hope you're okay now...
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by BigBashiru: 1:33pm On May 06, 2022
Sweetplum:

I v left Bible. Now I mentioned
1. Value in life of child. It's first gotten from homes.

2. Sense of belonging. It starts from homes.

3. Teamwork. It starts from homes.

4. Accountability. It starts from home.

5. Respect. It starts from homes.

The list is endless. A complete family ll instill all these in their children. Of course they can be gotten elsewhere. But a child that enjoyed the affection of parent ll v value in him/her.
I know some ll twist this and give samples of wayward kids raised by both parents.
But it is what it is. Marriage is bliss.
It's lawful.

Your write up focuses on just children. Children is the only benefit of marriage and even then, both men and women enjoy it....there's nothing in marriage that's for the sole benefit of men... aside from children all other benefits are for the woman....

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by Towncrier247: 1:33pm On May 06, 2022
pappilo:
Bro whatever you do, do not, I repeat, do not get married! You will always regret it. I love my late dad, he was the best dad anyone could ask for but if I see him in the afterlife, I will ask him why he never told me the truth about marriage and advise me no to get married.

Love someone (with sense), have children, live together but never ever sign your life away. Finally do not let any woman you are with know everything about you.

The first thing that deteriorates after marriage is your sex life. I think its a psychological thing. Maybe the subconscious feeling that you've both got each other for 'life' messes with the brain.

I was married for 14 years. My ex-wife started a relationship with a work colleague and a month after using the police to kick me out of my house, the dude left his own family and moved into my house.

I was charged with several offences for an altercation I had with the guy when I caught him in my house. My ex-wife (we were still married at the time) the mother of my children came to the crown court to testify against me on his behalf. The jury saw through their lies and determination to send me to prison and acquited me on all charges (over 5)

Its been a few years but I still shudder at the thought that I believed so much in this woman and chose her over my own siblings.

Attached is msg I got from her this morning. This is despite her taking the house which I put
down 66% of the deposit. This woman earns almost double what I earn and I pay her over a quarter of my net earnings for child maintenance.

You'll probably still go ahead and get married but its almost guaranteed that one day in the future you will look back and wish you heeded the advice of many people who told you not to

Can you answer this, what happens when you grow old and you don't have a family to look after you? Just an honest question ⁉️
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by Schprobs: 1:34pm On May 06, 2022
Sweetplum:
Companionship & Procreation.
Go n read Genesis to know more.
To all who are quoting me. Marriage isn't by force. Don't discourage those who value it.
I wonder how you all train those kids you had anyhow via baby mamas or surrogacy.
What's the value you instill in them. One of. Thee things destroying the world of today is lack of value. And its first gotten from homes.
So who are you all fooling?

People that believe in written book don't have nothing to offer in life

1 Like

Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by Terrence99: 1:34pm On May 06, 2022
NoMansLand1:
Marriage has many benefits, only when you marry a better person, but never ever in your life marry any Yoruba woman, they are parasite, they don't have money. Don't say i did not warn you.

Modupe Alakija is richer than all Igbos dead and alive.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by BabaIbo: 1:37pm On May 06, 2022
Osibajo2023:
if you are tough, financially stable, principled and don't take shit for/from woman you will enjoy woman

From my observations, you are not wrong bro.
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by Nobody: 1:38pm On May 06, 2022
Schprobs:

People that believe in written book don't have nothing to offer in life
You v read different books too. Some v thought you something. It means you v nothing good to offer in your miserable life.
Now I ll lead you to your early destruction.
The Holy Quran also talked about companionship and procreation. I dare you this unfortunate Schprobs to tell me and the whole world that the Quran is gibberish and let's see how Islamists ll treat you.
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by BabaIbo: 1:38pm On May 06, 2022
LZAA:

Better oil dey your head bros!!

Thank you bro!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by BabaIbo: 1:39pm On May 06, 2022
ajayiopy:

PRAY TO GOD TO PROVIDE YOU WITH WOMAN OF SUBSTANCE AND VALUE. MARRIAGE IS GOOD AND THIS IS MY 12-YEARS.

Good one!

May God help us all!!
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by A305: 1:40pm On May 06, 2022
pappilo:
Bro whatever you do, do not, I repeat, do not get married! You will always regret it. I love my late dad, he was the best dad anyone could ask for but if I see him in the afterlife, I will ask him why he never told me the truth about marriage and advise me no to get married.

Love someone (with sense), have children, live together but never ever sign your life away. Finally do not let any woman you are with know everything about you.

The first thing that deteriorates after marriage is your sex life. I think its a psychological thing. Maybe the subconscious feeling that you've both got each other for 'life' messes with the brain.

I was married for 14 years. My ex-wife started a relationship with a work colleague and a month after using the police to kick me out of my house, the dude left his own family and moved into my house.

I was charged with several offences for an altercation I had with the guy when I caught him in my house. My ex-wife (we were still married at the time) the mother of my children came to the crown court to testify against me on his behalf. The jury saw through their lies and determination to send me to prison and acquited me on all charges (over 5)

Its been a few years but I still shudder at the thought that I believed so much in this woman and chose her over my own siblings.

Attached is msg I got from her this morning. This is despite her taking the house which I put
down 66% of the deposit. This woman earns almost double what I earn and I pay her over a quarter of my net earnings for child maintenance.

You'll probably still go ahead and get married but its almost guaranteed that one day in the future you will look back and wish you heeded the advice of many people who told you not to
You are a wise man Sir.

I know guys (without a father figure) who are ready to pay for your wisdom.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by emmanuelbrown26: 1:40pm On May 06, 2022
Sweetplum:

If what I said isn't tangible then your existence isn't tangible. Cos companionship & procreation begat you. If your father didn't enjoy companionship at least procreation brought you to life.
I m coming for all you irresponsible men without logic.
If there are bad women, there are bad men too.
What we need is corrections solutions and not condemnation. You all can stay out of marriage but you can't outlaw marriage.
Now if you say lazy women. I belong to the league of Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, the Condoleeza Rice and co. I m a trained lawyer earning my dough. So.. I m not a liability.
Aunty zukwanike, na who ask u your profession. Don't worry u no go see shiloh again
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by Maverick777: 1:42pm On May 06, 2022
Sweetplum:

If what I said isn't tangible then your existence isn't tangible. Cos companionship & procreation begat you. If your father didn't enjoy companionship at least procreation brought you to life.
I m coming for all you irresponsible men without logic.
If there are bad women, there are bad men too.
What we need is corrections solutions and not condemnation. You all can stay out of marriage but you can't outlaw marriage.
Now if you say lazy women. I belong to the league of Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, the Condoleeza Rice and co. I m a trained lawyer earning my dough. So.. I m not a liability.

it's disheartening how you can't even comprehend and answer such a simple question.
If you're a lawyer like this, then all tuition fees paid for/by you all through your years of schooling is nothing but a colossal waste!
Go learn hairdressing ma'am.

as you were...

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by Nobody: 1:42pm On May 06, 2022
BigBashiru:

Your write up focuses on just children. Children is the only benefit of marriage and even then, both men and women enjoy it....there's nothing in marriage that's for the sole benefit of men... aside from children all other benefits are for the woman....
Ok. Let's leave children out of it.
Are children not the ones that ll become adult.
Boda BigBashiru, talk with logic. I don't want to disrespect by saying talk with sense.
What a child knows from childhood is what ll take him/her to adulthood. Survival of most people starts from teen age. If a teen is well guided, he/she ll be of good conduct. The first place to get conduct is from home. It's more sweet if it's from mum & dad.
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by pappilo(m): 1:43pm On May 06, 2022
Towncrier247:

Can you answer this, what happens when you grow old and you don't have a family to look after you? Just an honest question ⁉️

I have children but I dont expect to become a burden to them. Once my health starts failing (hopefully when I am much older - Dont eally need to here longer than 70) and I have become a burden to society and my loved ones, I will book a flight to Switzerland for assisted dying. i know its easy to say this now as self preservation will naturally kick in but this is my plan.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by nesgeeek(m): 1:44pm On May 06, 2022
marry only when u are ready and mature enough to bear and tolerate her character. But don't marry because of pressure from ur love ones and friends.
Personally, I don't see any benefit attached to it. u can get all u want without marriage.
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by Lostchild(m): 1:45pm On May 06, 2022
My Big Brother.

I love it so much when people share stories of broken moment. I feel touch over stories.

I will paste it into one of of my old thread. May God strengthen you in your difficult times. embarassed

pappilo:

Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by Nobody: 1:45pm On May 06, 2022
Maverick777:

it's disheartening how you can't even comprehend and answer such a simple question.
If you're a lawyer like this, then all tuition fees paid for/by you all through your years of schooling is nothing but a colossal waste!
Go learn hairdressing ma'am.

as you were...
You are the one that couldn't comprehend. All your tuition from creche till date is a waste.
I gave solid points which you couldn't decipher. Then you are helpless. Your life isn't tangible.
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by ChooseOne(m): 1:45pm On May 06, 2022
Benefits of marriage are as follows:
- To abstain from sin of fornication which displeases God.
- To be decent (not seen as wayward)
- For your personal safety (not exposing your life to many...)
- To have people dear to our heart to pass on our legacy.
- To have helpers when growing old and weak in strength.
- To have confident to share our dreams.
- To defend yourself from too many friends.
- To limit your freedom in doing things that kills.
- To make you focus.
Advantages are too many to list.
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by BabaIbo: 1:46pm On May 06, 2022
Cousin9999:

And those are broken, ratchet homes. It's just a fact that kids benefit more from a proper, married household.

It's not about the food. It's about the love and care in it. It's about someone that makes sure you eat well, gets your favorite on your birthday, cooks you something soothing when you're sick, and takes over cooking when you're really tired.

Chose better and do better and maybe you won't have that problem.

It's a sign of poor mental health and education that you view intimacy and human beings in that way.

And intimacy problems in marriages are a result of laziness in looking after the relationship. They're also a result of ignorance where some people think their partner is a machine.

Again, choose better. Stop looking for slay queens, and find someone who's a good partner.

Some guys work very hard, and they need a breather before tackling household responsibilities. Women are no different. That's life. Even single people may do this. It is what it is.

But some guys are immature. They don't go home because they want to be single while married. And they want to have all the married benefits with none of the work. They may have married too soon.

Marriage isn't for everyone. However, an educated, well-adjusted person generally doesn't ask this question.

That is your opinion, I gave examples that quashed your so-called educated and well-adjusted reasoning.
Next time, learn not to go personal in making your points, you don't know me but you already assuming.

Since all opinions(both negative and positive) are welcomed, I have read yours and let me move to the next person.

Thank you!
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by BabaIbo: 1:46pm On May 06, 2022
Johel:

The benefit of marriage is only to have children...for the children to have parents atleast,Nothing else...lol grin cheesy

LoL

1 Like

Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by Nobody: 1:46pm On May 06, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

Aunty zukwanike, na who ask u your profession. Don't worry u no go see shiloh again
I ll see many more Shiloh's in the name of Jesus, amen. Na you emmanuelbrown26, the 26 year old boy no go see Shiloh again.
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by nelklyn(m): 1:48pm On May 06, 2022
Man, truth be told, I think about it often.

"Everyone that's married is miserable
I know that that is not a lifestyle I can give into" drake

Really ain’t no benefits in marriage…save yourself the roller coaster ride

1 Like

Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by BabaIbo: 1:49pm On May 06, 2022
seanwilliam:
this is a very crazy input, but unfortunately, you’re right .

Well @ op babaibo , as you Dey think am naso me self Dey but I want to tell you something .

Pls and pls , when you finally see the person u one marry , and you notice some red flags you deeply know you can’t cope with , pls don’t take risk . I know no one is perfect , but pls and pls don’t take the risk .

Also look out for these qualities before you marry woman
1. Submission and appreciation mindset
2. Apologetic personality
3. Homely and respectful .

You see those three qualities will guarantee u peace of mind and healthy family.

And finally finally , pls and pls and pls babaibo

AVOID WOMEN RAISED BY DIVORCED SINGLE MOM( especially those whose mother have divorced more than once ))Forget talk talk , run as fast as your legs can carry you bro ..

Nothing do you bro.
Points noted and advice taken!

Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by Treadway: 1:49pm On May 06, 2022
pappilo:

hmm. So so many stories like this abound. This shit is scary.
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by harrend(m): 1:55pm On May 06, 2022
[quote author=Sweetplum post=112574549]Companionship & Procreation.
Go n read Genesis to know more.
To all who are quoting me. Marriage isn't by force. Don't discourage those who value it.
I wonder how you all train those kids you had anyhow via baby mamas or surrogacy.
What's the value you instill in them. One of. Thee things destroying the world of today is lack of value. And its first gotten from homes.
So who are you all fooling?[/quote
Am a critical thinker and love prooving points instead of insults but this girl no get sense��‍♂️��‍♂️
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by BabaIbo: 1:56pm On May 06, 2022
Acidbath:

First of all, you don't know anything about will and Jada... absolutely nothing. So stop using their predicament as a yard stick.

If you want to remain single, do it quietly and stop trying to seek validation from anyone.

My prayer for my father is that he doesn't turn to be a goat r@pist at his old age.

Must you go personal at fixed bolden?
FYI, I meet different type, class and kind of ladies daily and if laying ladies is my priority, aswear I go dey blow them on a steady.
Some have even summoned the courage to approach me and told me they want both of us to be lashing ourselves.

You think I am an uncontrollable perv*rt like you?

Anyway, I have fixed it for you.
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by teeshet: 1:57pm On May 06, 2022
Parisian:
Like your useless mother ?
like your two opened legs. Slut
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by BabaIbo: 1:58pm On May 06, 2022
ireneidiva:

You want to get married because people are telling you to. I don't know how your getting married will help your siblings plan thier lives. You've given a lot of silly reasons. Get married when you've met the person you genuinely love. Until then, live your life. You absolutely have no reason to think of marriage now. Nobody will gain anything from your marriage.

I touched a nerve with my note?

Ehya sorry, OK I have heard you, you can run along now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Pregnant Women And Weird Cravings! Share Your Story About Anyone!! / BEATING YOUR KIDS; Discipline Or Abuse? / Man Receives Car Gift From His Boss, Prince Ned Nwoko, After Welcoming A Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.