Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,944 members, 7,814,194 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla - Car Talk (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla (79393 Views)

The Meanings And Origin Of Toyota Model Names / The Evolution Of Toyota Corolla From The Year 1966 To Present (photos) / The Evolution Of Toyota Camry From The Year 1983 To Present (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by PAQ(m): 12:46pm On May 08, 2022
Blame UBER & the likes for the price hike of Corolla.

Before the UBER craze, Corolla was priced thesame with a Matrix and Honda Accord 2003 - 2005. I know this because way back 2012 i had to choose between the three of them and they were all within the price range of 1.5 - 1.650.

I ended up with the 2005 Matrix.

1 Like

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by UgosinaChi(m): 12:52pm On May 08, 2022
The engines are used for to construct speed boat engines. Thats why it randomly stolen.
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Fearlez: 12:53pm On May 08, 2022
azpekuliar:

I’m sure he meant an inline 4
exactly! Nairaland comment no go kills us.
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by b3llo(m): 12:56pm On May 08, 2022
Team Honda!!!

2 Likes

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Munzy14(m): 12:57pm On May 08, 2022
uncleck:
A friend gave me the task of getting a Tokumbo Corolla for him and I have been on it for few weeks now. In this assignment I've come to realize that Corolla is now more expensive than the following vehicles:

Toyota Camry
Toyota Highlander
Acura MDX
Nissan Pathfinder
Honda Accord
Etc

It's just crazy!!! How can I pay over 3 million naira for a 2003 Corolla? How? I've told him I won't continue in the quest unless he makes another choice.

But why are people so in love with Corolla? I know that the car is strong and reliable, but it's definitely not the only strong and reliable car out there. When we were still in school, whether you scored 70% or 100%, it is "A". So if Toyota Corolla is good at 100%, there are still others that are good at 90%; both are good.

In place of Corolla, we still have Honda Civic, Mazda3, Hyundai Elantra, Kia Forte, Nissan Sentra, Camry, accord etc. They may not be as good as Corolla, but they are definitely not too bad. My opinion
It is in high demand for the modern taxi services and very easy to maintain.

So these two places it's second value way higher..
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by faithfull18(f): 1:01pm On May 08, 2022
We tire oh.
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Ugeh: 1:02pm On May 08, 2022
zuraking:
That stupid car that looks like I am driving Keke napep. I sold it off and focus on my 2009 Honda Accord.

Apart from the stupid mentality that it's not consuming fuel(which is a lie) there is nothing special about that car. My V4 Honda Accord save more fuel than that Corolla.

Honda is really cool and has good MPG but you can't compare it with Corolla. Honda has the worst suspension in the world of cars.

I drive both so I know what I am talking about.
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Holluwhakemmy(f): 1:02pm On May 08, 2022
People preferred it because of its resale value and durability.

2 Likes

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by ba7man(m): 1:07pm On May 08, 2022
ravensckar:
Wow! This is very insightful! Thanks a lot bro! I'll be sure to keep this advise in mind. Sincerely speaking, I love that car. It's design and how spacious it is. When it comes to maintenance, I'm a very intentional person. At least, I dey maintain my generators well well. cheesy cheesy

It's just the leg pulling and the fuel economy that is giving me a dose of skepticism. No doubt, the spare parts are readily available.
Honda will always give you signs that it's time to change your ball joints long before it fails.

Nigerians love to abuse cars so they tend to ignore all the various noises their cars make to indicate faults.

3 Likes

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Ikemba007: 1:12pm On May 08, 2022
Reason:

Strong, easy to maintain, good fuel economy. As such Uber and Bolt guys have been clearing it from every shop.

uncleck:
A friend gave me the task of getting a Tokumbo Corolla for him and I have been on it for few weeks now. In this assignment I've come to realize that Corolla is now more expensive than the following vehicles:

Toyota Camry
Toyota Highlander
Acura MDX
Nissan Pathfinder
Honda Accord
Etc

It's just crazy!!! How can I pay over 3 million naira for a 2003 Corolla? How? I've told him I won't continue in the quest unless he makes another choice.

But why are people so in love with Corolla? I know that the car is strong and reliable, but it's definitely not the only strong and reliable car out there. When we were still in school, whether you scored 70% or 100%, it is "A". So if Toyota Corolla is good at 100%, there are still others that are good at 90%; both are good.

In place of Corolla, we still have Honda Civic, Mazda3, Hyundai Elantra, Kia Forte, Nissan Sentra, Camry, accord etc. They may not be as good as Corolla, but they are definitely not too bad. My opinion
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by LUAN1: 1:14pm On May 08, 2022
Hybrid600:
In my opinion, when it comes to Honda Accords, no point managing a problem.
Service the car when it's due
Change ball joints the moment you begin hear that "kakakaka" sound when you cut in full to make a u- turn.
If you really wan enjoy Accord, be sure to buy direct tokunbo to experience real peace of mind. grin

I have seen this Honda Accord break down at The U-turn in serveral occasion ,. I think their suspension system is really bad
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by ba7man(m): 1:16pm On May 08, 2022
ravensckar:
Bro, can you please tell me more about the HONDA ACCORD 2009? The maintenance tips and co. Honestly, the overhype about Corolla is pissing me off too but I'm just a bit skeptical about the Honda and the 'leg pulling' issue.
Very easy car to use when you go for the 4 cylinder engine (2.0L & 2.4L).

Chilling AC too.
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by zed7: 1:16pm On May 08, 2022
dadabashua1:
haba you can't even compare 2014 accord and corolla,lord they are miles apart bro,its not even an even comparison, not even 2014 Camry can stand 2014 accord,goodness me accord really did an awesome work on their 9 generation accord o,if you want to end the discussion patapata get the 2016 accord...holy Lord grin,only down side is they are expensive o cry
I almost settled for the Corolla because I kept seeing different types but the Accord was scarce. Thankfully, the day I had decided to buy the Corolla, I spotted an Accord at a car stand and the rest is history. No regrets at all.
In a year or two, I want to upgrade to the 10th generation. I wanted to wait a bit to get the 2018 Accord but I'm afraid of this crazy country where prices go up every single day.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by ba7man(m): 1:17pm On May 08, 2022
LUAN1:
I have seen this Honda Accord break down at The U-turn in serveral occasion ,. I think their suspension system is really bad
It makes noise before it fails but most people just keep using it instead of fixing it.
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Dozieson(m): 1:19pm On May 08, 2022
zuraking:
baba, I be wise man. Do u know I removed the big engine of 2009 Accord and replaced it with Honda Civic engine? cheesy I was advised to do so by an inlaw who has used Honda all his life. So if I tell u my car consumes less fuel than Corolla just believe me. Don't forget I said earlier that I own both cars before selling the Corolla

Will the car remain the same? Honda civic engine for Honda Accord?
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Nobody: 1:21pm On May 08, 2022
Quim2:

Rx300 Suv?

What Year? And is it 4matic?
No, ES350 2011.
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by OBALOLA55(m): 1:23pm On May 08, 2022
Signum:

Which car apart from Corolla would you recommend for someone with a budgenof 2m?
MATRIX
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by gevans(m): 1:24pm On May 08, 2022
uncleck:

Toyota Camry
Toyota Highlander
Acura MDX
Nissan Pathfinder
Honda Accord
Etc

It's also very expensive to maintain
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Vivianat(f): 1:24pm On May 08, 2022
azpekuliar:

I’m sure he mean.t an inline 4
Yes but there's v4 engine configuration
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by uncleck: 1:25pm On May 08, 2022
yeahryt:

Put a tracker on it
You're joking, right? The tracker will be disconnected less than 10 minutes from where it was stolen

2 Likes

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Nobody: 1:26pm On May 08, 2022
mapist:

Lol. How can a V6 consume less fuel than a V4?
I have no idea, but from what I understood fuel economy has more to do with other components than just engine power.
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by uncleck: 1:26pm On May 08, 2022
erico2k2:

I think its the fixation on toyota that plays a major role.However the VW Golf is far more stronger than the corolla.there is even a 1.4 engine
That golf is highly underated
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by uncleck: 1:28pm On May 08, 2022
Omodua:
Stop it! Those cars you mentioned are no way near corolla in terms of durability and fuel efficiency. Go and do your research. Corolla is Number1.
If it's all about fuel economy then we should all be talking about Nissan Micra, Toyota Yaris, Honda City, kia picanto etc

5 Likes

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by erico2k2(m): 1:32pm On May 08, 2022
uncleck:

That golf is highly underated
yeah it is.
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by engrfaruq(m): 1:32pm On May 08, 2022
ogwuche4u:

Ogbeni...A good timing belt gives you 10yrs of good use. When you manage things, that's what you get. Aside the timing belt, what else is your problem with Peugeot?

Timing belt doesn't last that long, and you can't guarantee its longevity, and that alone is enough headache for a car owner. Meanwhile, don't get me wrong, I'm a Peugeot fan, and I prefer it when travelling from Abuja to Kano, over my corolla.

1 Like

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Itsrm(m): 1:33pm On May 08, 2022
aikyg:
Nine years ago, I paid 2 million for a 2005 Corrolla. I think paying three million for the same car nine years later is not crazy at all.

Use your brain na

In 2013 you paid 2m for an 8 year old car and paying 3m when it's now 17 years is not crazy?

3 Likes

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by engrfaruq(m): 1:34pm On May 08, 2022
Vivianat:

You don't own a 308. Meanwhile check the years of reference

308 is even the worst. Those who have it are replacing its engine with a 307 engine.

1 Like

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by erico2k2(m): 1:34pm On May 08, 2022
mapist:

Lol. How can a V6 consume less fuel than a V4?
that is how U know you are talking to someone with zero knowledge of how ca work V6 consumes less that i4 engine this one off me
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Ninthpope: 1:35pm On May 08, 2022
bonnyhope:

How are you coping with electrical problems with Peugeot

When I bough C180 some friends said it consumes fuel and has electrical problems. Sincerely, I have been enjoying the car for three years now without experiencing those issues. The condition of a Corolla and a 2.2 Camry that was bought by my friends after I bought mine is too bad. They keep saying I was lucky.

3 Likes

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by erico2k2(m): 1:36pm On May 08, 2022
Itsrm:

Use your brain na

In 2013 you paid 2m for an 8 year old car and paying 3m when it's now 17 years is not crazy
laugh wan kill me the thing is people lie without even knowing they now sound stupid.
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 1:36pm On May 08, 2022
shortgun:
Corolla is over hyped, dull,unsafe and uninspiring piece of ugly metal that is littered all over our roads.
It's the band wagon mentality of Nigerians that made the car expensive, Nigerians like to copy others without any assurance that what they are copying will favour them.
Same reason every corner of every street is filled with POS operators.
Same reason every parent want their children to be Doctors or lawyers.

Nigerians are mentally lazy to research any product, scheme or brand they want to commit money into....this is why Ponzi people are cashing out big.

The only condition that a Nigerian needs to do a thing is if someone has done it before.

Corolla will continue to be over priced as long as we have brain washed people with no ability to think for themselves.

The annoying part is that the drivers of this abomination of a car now behave like that proverbial butterfly that thinks itself a bird.... imagine a corolla challenging a 3.0l engine vehicle to a race.

Seriously, my mercesdes c class , old model is wat ahead of corolla

1 Like

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Nobody: 1:38pm On May 08, 2022
Vivianat:

I wouldn't touch the 206 with a mile long pole.
The feeling is mutual. Anything but Toyota. One man's meat...

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

Pictures: Presidency Officials Now Use Innoson Suv's / ******Kakaki presents: Your Daily Car TIPS****** / Full Body Of A Moving Car Being Washed In Lagos Traffic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.