Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,894 members, 7,814,021 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla (79378 Views)

The Meanings And Origin Of Toyota Model Names / The Evolution Of Toyota Corolla From The Year 1966 To Present (photos) / The Evolution Of Toyota Camry From The Year 1983 To Present (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by uncleck: 10:22am On May 08, 2022
Ikem11:

Over 3mil for 2003 corolla? Oga you lie . 2009 corolla sells for 3.8mill
I no blame you. I got contact of people at Begger, Lagos and 2.9 was the least. Here in Owerri it was 3.2 last and 3.15 at Port Harcourt. Where is the lie?

1 Like

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Emmanuel909090: 10:24am On May 08, 2022
Tested and trusted
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Mrpojj(m): 10:26am On May 08, 2022
NotBeenPaid:

It still boils down to bad policies.
Exactly, people where praising custom boss when he was quoting the revenue generated from custom, not know that he mere over taxed Importers, now we are all suffering hike in prices
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by kay29000(m): 10:26am On May 08, 2022
Teejayadex:
If you are buying Corolla know that you paying part of your future fuel money and motor Wahala expenses at the spot of buying.

lol. Good analysis.

2 Likes

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by SavageResponse(m): 10:28am On May 08, 2022
shortgun:
Corolla is over hyped, dull,unsafe and uninspiring piece of ugly metal that is littered all over our roads.
It's the band wagon mentality of Nigerians that made the car expensive, Nigerians like to copy others without any assurance that what they are copying will favour them.
Same reason every corner of every street is filled with POS operators.
Same reason every parent want their children to be Doctors or lawyers.

Nigerians are mentally lazy to research any product, scheme or brand they want to commit money into....this is why Ponzi people are cashing out big.

The only condition that a Nigerian needs to do a thing is if someone has done it before.

Corolla will continue to be over priced as long as we have brain washed people with no ability to think for themselves.

The annoying part is that the drivers of this abomination of a car now behave like that proverbial butterfly that thinks itself a bird.... imagine a corolla challenging a 3.0l engine vehicle to a race.

Why you dey beef Corolla like this na? grin

1 Like

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Zealoy(m): 10:29am On May 08, 2022
My guy died becuz of this car last month, he was shot dead by robbers trying to snatch his car , A-big may ur soul rest in peace

15 Likes

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by largeman4u(m): 10:30am On May 08, 2022
The truth is that demand is High and the cost of landing a Corolla is also high especially accident free coupled with the dollar rate.

We have 2003, 2007 and 2009 Corolla in Stock @largemanmotors

Call us on 07033815252
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by gnykelly(m): 10:31am On May 08, 2022
zuraking:
That stupid car that looks like I am driving Keke napep. I sold it off and focus on my 2009 Honda Accord.

Apart from the stupid mentality that it's not consuming fuel(which is a lie) there is nothing special about that car. My V4 Honda Accord save more fuel than that Corolla.

I drive both so I know what I am talking about.

Sorry for digressing. What about the legs of Honda Accord how do you manage it.
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Kobicove(m): 10:31am On May 08, 2022
Ikem11:

Over 3mil for 2003 corolla? Oga you lie . 2009 corolla sells for 3.8mill

He did not lie. What he quoted is within the current price range
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by uncleck: 10:33am On May 08, 2022
Ikem11:

I said it's a lie cos I bought one not less than 3 weeks ago . Your same model sells for 2.1
You bought Nigerian used or it wasn't three weeks ago. Come out plain and say the truth
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by leogho: 10:37am On May 08, 2022
That means Toyota Camry 2002 Nigeria used would be almost 2m now o. This Corolla is really the crave of the day.

uncleck:
A friend gave me the task of getting a Tokumbo Corolla for him and I have been on it for few weeks now. In this assignment I've come to realize that Corolla is now more expensive than the following vehicles:

Toyota Camry
Toyota Highlander
Acura MDX
Nissan Pathfinder
Honda Accord
Etc

It's just crazy!!! How can I pay over 3 million naira for a 2003 Corolla? How? I've told him I won't continue in the quest unless he makes another choice.

But why are people so in love with Corolla? I know that the car is strong and reliable, but it's definitely not the only strong and reliable car out there. When we were still in school, whether you scored 70% or 100%, it is "A". So if Toyota Corolla is good at 100%, there are still others that are good at 90%; both are good.

In place of Corolla, we still have Honda Civic, Mazda3, Hyundai Elantra, Kia Forte, Nissan Sentra, Camry, accord etc. They may not be as good as Corolla, but they are definitely not too bad. My opinion
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by gnykelly(m): 10:39am On May 08, 2022
veeberry:
Mercedes c180 (c-class) is way better than this over-hyped corolla. Security wise, maintenance cost, availability of parts and reliability is on another level. Ask any good mercedes mech engineer of how strong and reliable this car is and certainly you will be convinced.

I always advise people to always make proper enquiry before buying a particular car. I once made a costly mistake but thank God I got it right this time.

Which year is the c180
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Superwave16320: 10:41am On May 08, 2022
The car I sold 1.8M last year.
Instead of Camry I beta start bringing it back

tonididdy:
Resale value and Uber potentials but at 3m for an oh3 is totally avoidable.

Same car was worth 1.8 4yrs ago (direct toks)
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by ogwuche4u(m): 10:42am On May 08, 2022
YeyeGbami:

I hear say those vehicles no like to enter water. Na true?

Hahahahha... My own dey bath 3times every week. So I no understand. Abi you wan submerge am for river benue?

3 Likes

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Omodua(m): 10:46am On May 08, 2022
ogwuche4u:
I own a Peugeot 307 and I tell for a fact that corrola doesn't come close to it. In terms of fuel economy, availability of spare parts, the 307 is top much. Nigerians are just wired to Corolla because of how they abuse vehicle. Every car is good. Maintenance is key to enjoying a car. I even laugh more when people compare Toyota to Peugeot 406. Have you asked yourself why they use 406 as pilot 1 for long distance journey? Enough of this Corolla madness.
Stop it! Those cars you mentioned are no way near corolla in terms of durability and fuel efficiency. Go and do your research. Corolla is Number1.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by nams77: 10:47am On May 08, 2022
shortgun:
Corolla is over hyped, dull,unsafe and uninspiring piece of ugly metal that is littered all over our roads.
It's the band wagon mentality of Nigerians that made the car expensive, Nigerians like to copy others without any assurance that what they are copying will favour them.
Same reason every corner of every street is filled with POS operators.
Same reason every parent want their children to be Doctors or lawyers.

Nigerians are mentally lazy to research any product, scheme or brand they want to commit money into....this is why Ponzi people are cashing out big.

The only condition that a Nigerian needs to do a thing is if someone has done it before.

Corolla will continue to be over priced as long as we have brain washed people with no ability to think for themselves.

The annoying part is that the drivers of this abomination of a car now behave like that proverbial butterfly that thinks itself a bird.... imagine a corolla challenging a 3.0l engine vehicle to a race.

Which other will you recommend?
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by OlawaleBammie: 10:48am On May 08, 2022
doggedfighter:

Or sit beside the car when you attend a function instead of entering the hall cheesy

It's crazy !
grin grin grin cheesy grin grin cheesy

I swear, anybody that says u re normal is not normal

1 Like

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by abbeywestern: 10:48am On May 08, 2022
Bro nothing special for that car , lacks luxury , the ac is shit on a sunny day .
No features inside , just 3 round knobs like olden days black and white tv.
Move with class and not crowd bro ..

The engine of that nonsense thing is expensive

5 Likes

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by GENES11S: 10:49am On May 08, 2022
The actual reason is the cost of owning a Toyota Corolla.

Mechanically, it is almost faultless provided you do the usual regular oil change.

I can tell you that I have use one of those Corolla (2006) for eight years. Apart from the regular oil change, I have only done a break job, tyrod (not sure that's the right spelling) and battery replacement.

Mainwhile the BMW I was driving at the same time is a money pit. Apart from the fact that it drank fuel too much, I was spending too much money fixing one thing or the other.

NOTE: Toyota Corolla is not designed to be a racing or luxurious machine. It's is designed to be a tool to carry you from point A to B without breaking the bank.

Lexus is a luxurious brand of Toyota. If you want Toyota quality with luxurious features, then go for the Lexus. But mind you, being Toyota-based Lexus are even more expensive.

6 Likes

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by MichaelSokoto(m): 10:51am On May 08, 2022
Anchor84:
I hv a 2004 corolla for 2.7m
Thief!
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by burnerbabs: 10:52am On May 08, 2022
cutedharmee:
The way people now uses corolla undecided. You'll think there's more to it.
Honestly I’m also bothered.Toyota is too basic for me as a car and the parts are not cheap.I use Ford Edge,go check price of shock absorber of Corola 2003 and Ford Edge 2014 you will see that Corolla is just overhyped
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Trimjos: 10:53am On May 08, 2022
Blankstare:

I traveled to Abuja for an assignment, pleaded with a sis to borrow me her new brand 2005 corrolla, I drove the car for good two months... That's when I realized it's big scam lie that the car doesn't consume fuel... Very big hummongus lie

There is nothing like brand new 2005 corrolla.
Instead, say tokunbo 2005 Corolla

1 Like

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by ravensckar(m): 10:54am On May 08, 2022
zuraking:
I am not a car expert or guru but all I know is u won't regret using that particular Honda. If u buy tokunbo, enjoy without any issues but if u buy Nigeria used, just pay attention to the suspensions and change anything making noise in the legs. Mines has never pulled leg while driving o and I use it rough for our bad road.
Thanks bro. I'll be getting my first car this year by God's grace. Honda Accord 2009 & Hyundai Elantra 2008 are at the top of my wishlist. Me I no get power to buy motor wey no go gree me sleep biko. cheesy cheesy

A farmer who planted maize on a roadside and a person driving corolla in Lagos are suffering from the same problem. If you know it, then, you belong.

1 Like

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by ogwuche4u(m): 10:55am On May 08, 2022
Omodua:
Stop it! Those cars you mentioned are no way near corolla in terms of durability and fuel efficiency. Go and do your research. Corolla is Number1.

Okay Sir. No vex. My 307 serves me very well and that's all that matters. Your money your choice. But don't use exorbitant money to buy one useless 2003 moto for 3m. That's absolute madness.

3 Likes

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Vivianat(f): 10:55am On May 08, 2022
Astoria:
Just like he said, it all boil down to maintenance and personal car care. No single electrical issue with my 206 1.4l till date. I get unbelievable mpg, plus 80% of spare parts are confined to 4-digits figures. Not to talk of the road credibility you get from law enforcement when travelling long or short distance. The respect is mad when you are r.esponsibly garbed in native attire. Trust me, you won't regret getting a 206, 03-07 Toyota Corrolas are annoyingly overrated.

NOTE: The 206 (Tokunbo) is astronomically shooting towards 2 million naira or above as we debate this.
I wouldn't touch the 206 with a mile long pole.

1 Like

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by azpekuliar: 10:55am On May 08, 2022
zuraking:
That stupid car that looks like I am driving Keke napep. I sold it off and focus on my 2009 Honda Accord.

Apart from the stupid mentality that it's not consuming fuel(which is a lie) there is nothing special about that car. My V4 Honda Accord save more fuel than that Corolla.

I drive both so I know what I am talking about.

You know it has always amazed me that Nigerians will say they are buying a 19 year old car because it is fuel efficient. Like are these people really this daft? How can a 19 year old car be fuel efficient? Good lord!

5 Likes

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Vivianat(f): 10:56am On May 08, 2022
engrfaruq:

I own 2007 307 and 2013 corolla, so what you're saying is not correct, except if you mean early years coroll.a.
You don't own a 308. Meanwhile check the years of reference

1 Like

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by ogwuche4u(m): 10:58am On May 08, 2022
abbeywestern:
Bro nothing special for that car , lacks luxury , the ac is shit on a sunny day .
No features inside , just 3 round knobs like olden days black and white tv.
Move with class and not crowd bro ..

The engine of that nonsense thing is expensive

Honestly too expensive. 450k with no guarantee.

1 Like

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by ravensckar(m): 10:58am On May 08, 2022
Hybrid600:
In my opinion, when it comes to Honda Accords, no point managing a problem.
Service the car when it's due
Change ball joints the moment you begin hear that "kakakaka" sound when you cut in full to make a u- turn.
If you really wan enjoy Accord, be sure to buy direct tokunbo to experience real peace of mind. grin

Wow! This is very insightful! Thanks a lot bro! I'll be sure to keep this advise in mind. Sincerely speaking, I love that car. It's design and how spacious it is. When it comes to maintenance, I'm a very intentional person. At least, I dey maintain my generators well well. cheesy cheesy

It's just the leg pulling and the fuel economy that is giving me a dose of skepticism. No doubt, the spare parts are readily available.

3 Likes

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by GENES11S: 11:01am On May 08, 2022
Blankstare:

I traveled to Abuja for an assignment, pleaded with a sis to borrow me her new brand 2005 corrolla, I drove the car for good two months... That's when I realized it's big scam lie that the car doesn't consume fuel... Very big hummongus lie

It doesn't consume fuel a lot. Only Honda Civic (same year) can beat it in terms of fuel consumption.

If yours is consuming too much fuel, take it to the mechanic. It's likely you don't do regular oil change or maybe something more complex.

1 Like

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by kay29000(m): 11:01am On May 08, 2022
Poloyanabo2:

You're right about the mentality of Nigerians,

Same reason why Transsion always scam them every year with overpriced devices,

Transsion came into Nigeria with the most affordable prices and Nigerians patronised en masse,
Now that their products now have cheaper competitors both price and spec wise,
Nigerians are still blind and have refused to wake up to reality.

So true. I bought my Samsum A02 for 52k late last year, my friend also bought her Tecno phone around the same period...for 55k. Her phone is no where as good as mine, and it has already started developing faults...mine is still working as good as new. I wonder why people keep buying those overpriced transsion phones.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Pictures: Presidency Officials Now Use Innoson Suv's / ******Kakaki presents: Your Daily Car TIPS****** / Full Body Of A Moving Car Being Washed In Lagos Traffic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.