Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,540 members, 7,812,680 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:29 PM

The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla - Car Talk (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla (79364 Views)

The Meanings And Origin Of Toyota Model Names / The Evolution Of Toyota Corolla From The Year 1966 To Present (photos) / The Evolution Of Toyota Camry From The Year 1983 To Present (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by doshiyad1: 12:00pm On May 08, 2022
shortgun:
Corolla is over hyped, dull,unsafe and uninspiring piece of ugly metal that is littered all over our roads.
It's the band wagon mentality of Nigerians that made the car expensive, Nigerians like to copy others without any assurance that what they are copying will favour them.
Same reason every corner of every street is filled with POS operators.
Same reason every parent want their children to be Doctors or lawyers.

Nigerians are mentally lazy to research any product, scheme or brand they want to commit money into....this is why Ponzi people are cashing out big.

The only condition that a Nigerian needs to do a thing is if someone has done it before.

Corolla will continue to be over priced as long as we have brain washed people with no ability to think for themselves.

The annoying part is that the drivers of this abomination of a car now behave like that proverbial butterfly that thinks itself a bird.... imagine a corolla challenging a 3.0l engine vehicle to a race.
You have said it all. God bless you!

2 Likes

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by zuraking(m): 12:00pm On May 08, 2022
gnykelly:

Sorry for digressing. What about the legs of Honda Accord how do you manage it.
mine has never disgraced me before. And I am very rough with that car tho I am 100 maintenance person for all my cars.

1 Like

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by thinkmoney(m): 12:02pm On May 08, 2022
uncleck:
A friend gave me the task of getting a Tokumbo Corolla for him and I have been on it for few weeks now. In this assignment I've come to realize that Corolla is now more expensive than the following vehicles:

Toyota Camry
Toyota Highlander
Acura MDX
Nissan Pathfinder
Honda Accord
Etc

It's just crazy!!! How can I pay over 3 million naira for a 2003 Corolla? How? I've told him I won't continue in the quest unless he makes another choice.

But why are people so in love with Corolla? I know that the car is strong and reliable, but it's definitely not the only strong and reliable car out there. When we were still in school, whether you scored 70% or 100%, it is "A". So if Toyota Corolla is good at 100%, there are still others that are good at 90%; both are good.

In place of Corolla, we still have Honda Civic, Mazda3, Hyundai Elantra, Kia Forte, Nissan Sentra, Camry, accord etc. They may not be as good as Corolla, but they are definitely not too bad. My opinion
Toyota 2010 cost pass Venza and big Daddy. I Just got one
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by SleekyP(m): 12:03pm On May 08, 2022
uncleck:

Nigerian used, shey?
angry
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by beardedboy(m): 12:03pm On May 08, 2022
zuraking:
car gurus know. Aside the resale value nothing special about that car. I bought mine for 1.1m and sold it 1.350k to another Corolla fans grin

My 2009 Accord gives me more comfortability and nice cruising with enough functions smiley
Useless resale value. Resale value is only important if you're buying cheap and selling high. But if you're buying high and selling high, there's nothing valuable in such resale.

4 Likes

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by ehissi(m): 12:07pm On May 08, 2022
NotBeenPaid:

It still boils down to bad policies.

Not just that, someone who tried to buy that car for me made me understand that the 04 to 07 corolla and 07 camry is almost the same price range.......

Most folks that buy that car don't just throw it away. It valuable so they keep it back as a backup car......
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by beardedboy(m): 12:08pm On May 08, 2022
ravensckar:
Wow! This is very insightful! Thanks a lot bro! I'll be sure to keep this advise in mind. Sincerely speaking, I love that car. It's design and how spacious it is. When it comes to maintenance, I'm a very intentional person. At least, I dey maintain my generators well well. cheesy cheesy

It's just the leg pulling and the fuel economy that is giving me a dose of skepticism. No doubt, the spare parts are readily available.
I have Honda Accord and I've been using it for over six months.

I've never experienced leg issues. The person who sold it for me used it for at least two years and he never had leg issues.

Mind you, I travel frequently and my route is very bad yet no leg issues. Many people condemning Honda don't know anything about Honda. That includes many mechanics and commercial drivers. They're only regurgitating the thrash they were fed.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Vivianat(f): 12:09pm On May 08, 2022
kay29000:

Why? Have you had a bad exper.ience with it in the past?
Safety is negative. Wiring so so
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Eleponblue(m): 12:12pm On May 08, 2022
Jojopikin85:
I have a clean tokunbo Corolla 2003 model for 2.9m
Are you selling the car plus your problems ni? 2.9m! Hmmm...
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by mapist(m): 12:15pm On May 08, 2022
grossintel:
Corrola is a glorified shitbox for broke people who want to save money and skip maintenance. They want a car they can abuse and still sell it to the next idiot. It doesn’t even save fuel like people think. My Lexus with V6 engine saves more fuel than my dads corrola, I even use AC all the time but he doesn’t.

Lol. How can a V6 consume less fuel than a V4?

3 Likes

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Someodds: 12:17pm On May 08, 2022
shortgun:
Corolla is over hyped, dull,unsafe and uninspiring piece of ugly metal that is littered all over our roads.
It's the band wagon mentality of Nigerians that made the car expensive, Nigerians like to copy others without any assurance that what they are copying will favour them.

Nigerians are mentally lazy to research any product, scheme or brand they want to commit money into....this is why Ponzi people are cashing out big.

The only condition that a Nigerian needs to do a thing is if someone has done it before.

Corolla will continue to be over priced as long as we have brain washed people with no ability to think for themselves.

The annoying part is that the drivers of this abomination of a car now behave like that proverbial butterfly that thinks itself a bird.... imagine a corolla challenging a 3.0l engine vehicle to a race.
Thank you brother.

1 Like

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Whizzy080(m): 12:17pm On May 08, 2022
uncleck:
A friend gave me the task of getting a Tokumbo Corolla for him and I have been on it for few weeks now. In this assignment I've come to realize that Corolla is now more expensive than the following vehicles:

Toyota Camry
Toyota Highlander
Acura MDX
Nissan Pathfinder
Honda Accord
Etc

It's just crazy!!! How can I pay over 3 million naira for a 2003 Corolla? How? I've told him I won't continue in the quest unless he makes another choice.

But why are people so in love with Corolla? I know that the car is strong and reliable, but it's definitely not the only strong and reliable car out there. When we were still in school, whether you scored 70% or 100%, it is "A". So if Toyota Corolla is good at 100%, there are still others that are good at 90%; both are good.

In place of Corolla, we still have Honda Civic, Mazda3, Hyundai Elantra, Kia Forte, Nissan Sentra, Camry, accord etc. They may not be as good as Corolla, but they are definitely not too bad. My opinion
The car is very efficient with low cost of maintenance, I was speaking with a mechanic about my next car and he specifically recommend it(I do bolt) but I can't move from 2008 spider to 2014 corolla na but I'm beginning to consider it tho
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by doublex10: 12:19pm On May 08, 2022
I own a Nissan Almera Europe and we also we also own a corolla at home but i can confirm to you that corolla has no superiority over my Almera. 42 mpg on long distance while corolla is even managing 38. It is as durable as corolla for me. My mind is also at rest every where i park my car to to it's security.
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by doublex10: 12:21pm On May 08, 2022
I own a Nissan Almera Europe and we also we also own a corolla at home but i can confirm to you that corolla has no superiority over my Almera. 42 mpg on long distance while corolla is even managing 38. It is as durable as corolla for me. My mind is also at rest every where i park my car due to it's security.
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Fibonacci88: 12:21pm On May 08, 2022
The day I drove my friend's Corolla na dat day I know say d car na scam. Interior is zero, once ur speed reach 80km/h the car loses balance and steering feels so light. I begin to wonder how these bolt drivers take dey drive this korope promax at top speed.

4 Likes

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by erico2k2(m): 12:28pm On May 08, 2022
uncleck:

Toyota Camry
Toyota Highlander
Acura MDX
Nissan Pathfinder
Honda Accord
Etc

I think its the fixation on toyota that plays a major role.However the VW Golf is far more stronger than the corolla.there is even a 1.4 engine
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by zed7: 12:28pm On May 08, 2022
The greatest mistake I could have made was buying a 2014 corolla instead of a 2014 accord. The difference is like day and night.
Any Toyota product I'm buying in future will have to be a Lexus.
Corolla is the most boring, uninspiring car you can have. A civic is twice better than a corolla.
Normally, the Corolla and Civic are in the same class, whilst the Camry competes with the Accord but in Nigeria, it's different. We compare Corolla and Accord here because of the hype of the Corolla.

2 Likes

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by azpekuliar: 12:29pm On May 08, 2022
mapist:

Lol. How can a V6 consume less fuel than a V4?

If the V4 is 20 years old, yes grin
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Fearlez: 12:29pm On May 08, 2022
uncleck:

Toyota Camry
Toyota Highlander
Acura MDX
Nissan Pathfinder
Honda Accord
Etc

to think the corolla is just af advanced Keke napep.

Nigeria and oddity!
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Fearlez: 12:30pm On May 08, 2022
azpekuliar:

If the V4 is 20 years old, yes grin
is there anything like a V4?
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by kay29000(m): 12:30pm On May 08, 2022
Vivianat:

Safety is negative. Wiring so so

Hmm
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by LordVarys1: 12:31pm On May 08, 2022
Rubbiish:

See frustration lol
Take is easy bro, corolla is not human
No be corolla fault say most people love the car.
grin grin
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by CandyOps(m): 12:31pm On May 08, 2022
zuraking:
That stupid car that looks like I am driving Keke napep. I sold it off and focus on my 2009 Honda Accord.

Apart from the stupid mentality that it's not consuming fuel(which is a lie) there is nothing special about that car. My V4 Honda Accord save more fuel than that Corolla.

I drive both so I know what I am talking about.

Boss, how u go compare '09 Honda with '05 Corolla. You're not being fair in your comparison.

You for match am with '09 or '10 Corolla to equalise your evaluation. I don't drive a Corolla though

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by dadabashua1(m): 12:32pm On May 08, 2022
zed7:
The greatest mistake I could have made was buying a 2014 corolla instead of a 2014 accord. The difference is like day and night.
Any Toyota product I'm buying in future will have to be a Lexus.
Corolla is the most boring, uninspiring car you can have. A civic is twice better than a corolla.
haba you can't even compare 2014 accord and corolla,lord they are miles apart bro,its not even an even comparison, not even 2014 Camry can stand 2014 accord,goodness me accord really did an awesome work on their 9 generation accord o,if you want to end the discussion patapata get the 2016 accord...holy Lord grin,only down side is they are expensive o cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by azpekuliar: 12:34pm On May 08, 2022
Fearlez:
is there anything like a V4?

I’m sure he meant an inline 4
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by olatunji390(m): 12:34pm On May 08, 2022
I want to get my first car this year but with what I just read here about corolla, I just lost interest in it. Funny thing, Lexus IS250 as always been on my mind but been a civil Servant, I no want make people de think say I de oppress them for office. So right now, I dont even know which car to go for
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by LordVarys1: 12:36pm On May 08, 2022
Rubbiish:

See frustration lol
Take is easy bro, corolla is not human
No be corolla fault say most people love the car.
who told you people love it, na condition make people dey buy am on to say e no dey chop fuel. Anytime I carry my friend in my car. With better gbedu and very fine Interior. Him dey always confess say him no like that corrola but because of fuel consumption. He happened to drive my car on a journey and he confessed to me that the fuel consumption difference is not much. Of course, my car is a 2.0Litr engine while Corrola is 1.8Litrs. Corrola will consume less but not too much

1 Like

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by chopnaira: 12:37pm On May 08, 2022
Funny thing ng about this discussion is that Nigerians will travel abroad and be looking for Toyota to buy upandan sotey one Pakistani guy ask me why do Nigerians love Toyota so much grin

2 Likes

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Bluellake: 12:40pm On May 08, 2022
735i:

Lol. Brother, you done do yourself oh. I drove a BMW in May last year. 4 months later, I sold my Avalon and bought a BMW. 9 Months after, all I can say is: by God's grace, I will never use a Japanese again.
No I have never own one before. The one I drove belong to my friend and I really love it so I'm planning getting BMW next when u give this to my wife in months time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by ufuosman(m): 12:40pm On May 08, 2022
If IVM can capitalize on dis opportunity and produce cars like dis Toyota 2004 and Toyota spider with less price like 4m to 4.5m then it will help and his cars will full the road

8 Likes

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by excel4us: 12:41pm On May 08, 2022
HONESTLY speaking, the craze is something else. that was how BLACKBERRY got a lot into uncalled problems, some boys and girls died for nothing too. God will help us for I know one day it will be history but the people that will go in for it I pity. JUKWA ESE BLACKBERRY that year!

2 Likes

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by OBALOLA55(m): 12:43pm On May 08, 2022
shortgun:

SO WHICH GOOD RIDE SHOULD WE GO FOR APART FROM UBER COROLLA

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

Pictures: Presidency Officials Now Use Innoson Suv's / ******Kakaki presents: Your Daily Car TIPS****** / Full Body Of A Moving Car Being Washed In Lagos Traffic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.