Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? (41993 Views)

"My Wife Is 21" - 60-Year-Old Kano Man Accused Of Marrying 11-Year-Old (Pix) / Man Who Accused A Pastor Of Marrying His Wife, Sets To Wed A New Lady / The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by OmegaAutos: 9:42pm On May 11, 2022
MistarT:
Bros what if she's now ready to learn and has known that life is not a jamboree, she should be given a second chance?

Run for your dear life....no pros oooo

1 Like

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by ugodson(m): 9:44pm On May 11, 2022
MistarT:
Please candid opinions will be appreciated. Thanks.

Itwill do humanity great good, if we hear from marriage counsellors with wide range of experiences, thanks.

Bro the Most important question u will need to ask and do ur own findings is WETIN HAPPEN BTW D FATHER OF D CHILD AND HER? AND IS D FATHER'S OR X HAND TOTALLY OUT OF D PICTURE? am actually dating a single mother we have been friends from little we even had our first kiss together (wen we never know anything) her x husband used to maltreat her and sadly he doesn't taken his hands off d child,so We are good to go. All single mothers aren't bad but if u get to meet my ex hmmm u are on ur own

1 Like

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by iconicceo: 9:45pm On May 11, 2022
From personal experience, please do not settle down with a born one.

T for thanks

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by Fantasticcc: 9:45pm On May 11, 2022
Never make the mistake of marrying a single mother,and is not just a Nigerian thing because it is worst in the west...
They come with alot of baggage..

Also ask yourself if she was younger and without a child will she as much as glance at you.....
Translation : marrying one automatically makes you a man without options

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by seanwilliam(m): 9:45pm On May 11, 2022
Avoid single mother whose husband is still alive ..
Avoid any girl raised by single mother who divorced..especially those ones that have divorced more than once .

If you do strong head and go ahead, you will forever regret it it.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by Spider20: 9:45pm On May 11, 2022
Advising a Simp, is really a waste of time and resources.......
I get sad seeing and reading all sort of warning advice but am sure OP won't indulge.........

All Simp will learn in a hard way.
Even if Archangel Gabriel comes down to render advice to a Simp, A Simp will always remain a Simp.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by adebayo987: 9:46pm On May 11, 2022
MistarT:

Itwill do humanity great good, if we hear from marriage counsellors with wide range of experiences, thanks.

Pros:

1. obedient and humble woman before marriage

2. Experienced sex partner, possibly a good bl@w job and styles.

cons:

1. lack of trust in her as you'll almost always be suspecious of her thinking that she's or might cheat even though it's obviously not so.

2. Hell on earth as she'd be like she has nothing to loose if the marriage should break.

3. Control of the man thinking that he's cheating because she's seen many men and believed that none of them can be faithful.

4. Complete opposite of Pros number 1.

10 Likes

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by Hdhdhd(m): 9:47pm On May 11, 2022
Dia kpekus de sweet sha

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by kelechi50: 9:47pm On May 11, 2022
The worse part of it is please borrow me & do you have 5h let buy food for my baby, as if you are the curse of her situation.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by 07kjb: 9:47pm On May 11, 2022
Bear in mind that your daughter will also give birth at home 80% sure,so make up your mind

I have carried out a lot of investigations on this

1 Like

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by Streett: 9:48pm On May 11, 2022
Milfs who got they shit together are a great phuck
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by rickleye: 9:48pm On May 11, 2022
hmm - This one get as e be.
Before thinking marriage start a relationship. Not sure if I should tell my experience with a single lady with 2 kids or go straight to the point.
Chelsea won . so I am happy but you get pointers

1. They are more matured and know what they want in a guy.
2. They are less emotional sex is sex and is not a trap.
3. They are homely and organized .
4. The kid is the centre of their life, followed by work . You come number 3/4 in priority.
5. You need to be matured - The kid depending on the age and circumstance of the father may start lashing out at you. You have to iron out disciplining measures. Some kids are just easy - and may say " are you my new daddy " some are not and may start calling you by name instead of uncle this or that ?
6. How about you ? - Are you parents okay ? Will you be fine.

In all honestly, I have a few friends who have step brothers and he's like an idol to them. If nobody told you, you wouldn't know - the dad wasn't their biological father. Nature vs Nurture.
As you are establishing the relationship with the mother, you may have to win the kid as well.
It's like every relationship .. seed and plant , remove weeds and repeat.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by NamelessOGBENI(m): 9:49pm On May 11, 2022
Comrade, make the vawulence shifu

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by denobaba: 9:49pm On May 11, 2022
MrBrownJay1:

you have to understand that many men have misplaced egos thus they will always look down on a single mother because they will always believe that they are competing for her love with that child, not understanding that its two different things. some would even tell you that this woman will always love and/or go back to baby daddy bla bla bla (how insecure is that?)... also, i wont even talk on theo ones whose ego is so bruised, they only see her child as a confirmation that she had a life before she met them.
Nothing in your posts suggests even the remotest connection to reality. It's either you are very naive or you just wish to be disingenuous.

It's a well established fact that women divert attention to kids as against their husband. If this is the reality of many fathers, tell me how it could not be potentially worse in the case of marriage to a single mom.

Granted, a few single moms may find men who would commit to them for the long-term but don't try to misinform the public of the likely risk that could crystallize. Marrying a single mom will never be a first cause of action for anyone.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by OmegaAutos: 9:49pm On May 11, 2022
MistarT:

Learn from people's experience, dont try this. Stay away. Ruuuuuuun. You deserve peace and happiness

1 Like

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by Mendy101: 9:50pm On May 11, 2022
MrBrownJay1:

i understand what you mean and your "preferences, but just because YOUR EGO IS MISPLACED, doesnt mean they are different. the sole reason that you look down on one and not the other, is because another man is still alive aka in the picture. why should that be a problem to you? its not like you are gonna adopt the child and make it your own. you are dating THE MOTHER and this child already has a father and doesnt need a new one. just focus on your woman etc and basta. yes, you may spend a little money on the child, big deal, so what?! its a small price to pay for having a happy family.

Bros they are different, the father if alive will always be in the picture. If he is no more then mother and child are free to create a lasting bond with you but if the father is there after all his Bleep up, he can come and cry both mother and child will blindly forgive and leave you that have been struggling to cater for them for years.

5 Likes

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by mcdokwe(m): 9:50pm On May 11, 2022
Puskas:
Any attempt from you to discipline the child will not always go down well with her. She will be seeing it as a hatred for the child because the child is not yours

It is left to be seen how you 'discipline' the child. Do you do it with love? Do you discipline your own kids if you have any in equal measures?

1 Like

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by adeoba2008(m): 9:52pm On May 11, 2022
Too much attachment to their child.
They hardly forgets thier past.

7 Likes

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by Nobody: 9:53pm On May 11, 2022
Cons: Baby daddy still on your wife's matter...
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by shedisavage: 9:54pm On May 11, 2022
Bro find out who is the father of the child.
What transpired between them? That she ia now single.
No man go wan live him pikin japa

1 Like

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by Nobody: 9:54pm On May 11, 2022
MistarT:
Hmm deep i am learning something, thank you.
No you're not.
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by oneMalik: 9:55pm On May 11, 2022
We can never rule out the efforts of marriage counselors from issue like this but as for me it's not a big issue.

having a baby ain't stigma ! just that Africans most especially Nigerians used to see it an issue.

what's important in marriage is sincerity . though the case is otherwise here naija.

marriage ain't all about sex like most people see it and that's why they don't last together and the ones that shame will not allow them to quit always cheat .

having baby b4 marriage is nothing compared to the love you both share and enjoy.

base your relationship on trust and thank me later .... if you truely love someone you can never see those things, in fact you'll live happily together and if you move to a new environment no one will notice you ain't the biological mother or father of the child.

my advise to anybody intending to marry is that the first thing is trust and sincerity. it is secrecy and dishonesty that lead to dangerous misunderstanding .

open your heart and you'll become friends . make your spouse your best friend and no one can separate you no matter how they try cos you're seeing your partner the way you see that your friend you can't do without . very important !

talk to you next time ok .

1 Like

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by CEOwatazs: 9:55pm On May 11, 2022
MistarT:

in as much as you'll hear different opinions here,I'll advise you to use your brain n heart.

My fiance is a single mother and all has been cool so far..... It all dawns on mutual understanding.

I wish I could write more than this. But I am sleepy

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by Someodds: 9:56pm On May 11, 2022
Bros, not a Nigerian lady. You go suffer.

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by denobaba: 9:56pm On May 11, 2022
MrBrownJay1:

you made plenty of sense and then you wrote the above... are you saying that a woman who had a child for some dude and then they parted ways, will always let that man mount her?! do you see how insecure it is of you to claim the above?! even you yourself, some babe got pregnant for you and you didnt want the child, would you even want to have sex with her again?!?!? come on bro!

the above you wrote says a lot about the weak insecure mindset of some men...so because she had sex with someone before, you are so insecure that you believe that she can never love you and be faithful to you ever. thats he will always be drawn to the bastard who may have abandonned/dropped her etc.... thats deep! no wonder men are running away from these single mothers!
Seems like you are out to do PR stunts for single moms. If you have a son would you approve of him to marry one? I'm not saying there's anything intrinsically bad about single moms, but please answer the question why any man should choose a single mom over ladies without kids.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by AfroKnight: 9:56pm On May 11, 2022
Pros?

Lol. What pros?

What pros that you cannot get from women yet to give birth?

No deceive yourself. When it comes to pros, there are no peculiar pros, as they are the same with women who are yet to give birth.

But the cons, hmmm.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by fred04(m): 9:57pm On May 11, 2022
All na luck

1 Like

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by jimtemi1: 9:58pm On May 11, 2022
You suppose say After 1....
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by MJBOLT: 9:59pm On May 11, 2022
stay away from single mothers,they are a disaster waiting to happen.

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by kaymart: 9:59pm On May 11, 2022
satandeterrible:

Mumu no try marry single mother or you'll regret it for the rest of your life.
Don't say you weren't warned.
No mind am ..
E go learn d hard way
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by cenaman(m): 9:59pm On May 11, 2022
Freelane33:
If she ticks all the boxes bro don’t hesitate to tell your parents , there are few good women out there
Thanks.
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by GooodHardDick: 10:00pm On May 11, 2022
MistarT:
Bros what if she's now ready to learn and has known that life is not a jamboree, she should be given a second chance?

What kind of SIMPSON is this?

Oga, bang that girl, dump her and move on.

Ask yourself if she was the good girl she claimed she is, why didn't her baby daddy married her?. Of course, she'll tell you stories upon stories. Forget whatever stories she has told you before about her baby daddy. It's all lies! She's only trying to emotionally manipulate you into believing her and getting married to her. Alaye, no say we no warn you.

Single mothers are a big no! They're left overs real men have eaten.
Oga, Bang that girl, dump her and move on.

9 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? / My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. / My Wife Denies Me Sex, Gives It To Church Members Freely – Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.