Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,451 members, 7,819,664 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? (42020 Views)

"My Wife Is 21" - 60-Year-Old Kano Man Accused Of Marrying 11-Year-Old (Pix) / Man Who Accused A Pastor Of Marrying His Wife, Sets To Wed A New Lady / The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by mcdokwe(m): 10:15pm On May 11, 2022
denobaba:
Argh! Pele ti e. Ba mi na omo mi, ko de inu olomo. Get a Yoruba person to translate for you.

When I get the time
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by frozen70(f): 10:15pm On May 11, 2022
MistarT:
Please candid opinions will be appreciated. Thanks.

Itwill do humanity great good, if we hear from marriage counsellors with wide range of experiences, thanks.

Being a single mother is not a curse

Circumstances normally leads to it

In every single mother, there is a single father

The good part of them is that they took the kid along while some will drop the child to the man's family and doesn't care what comes out of the child

You see most times, the single mothers takes the child because being a mother is priceless

The other thing is that they get more matured and experienced after the encounter that lead them to single parenthood

Have you ever wondered why at a stage in some situations in a man's life, he will be looking for a single mother to marry

E get why

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:16pm On May 11, 2022
denobaba:
Seems like you are out to do PR stunts for single moms. If you have a son would you approve of him to marry one? I'm not saying there's anything intrinsically bad about single moms, but please answer the question why any man should choose a single mom over ladies without kids.

i have absolutely NO DISCRIMINATION towards single mothers because i do believe that being a single mother doesnt make a woman a bad person nor does it makes that woman a future bad wife nor a future bad mother, therefore why should i/we discriminate against a woman with a child?!

being with a single moher is 10x better than being with one of them fancy single ones you see out there, who go to Dubai every weekend that may have been fukced by dogs and eating excrements.

Mendy101:
Bros they are different, the father if alive will always be in the picture. If he is no more then mother and child are free to create a lasting bond with you but if the father is there after all his Bleep up, he can come and cry both mother and child will blindly forgive and leave you that have been struggling to cater for them for years.

and whats so wrong about that?! its not like he is gonna continue fukc your wife or sleep in your bed, is it?! remember, you are just a "surrogate" father at best to this child, and nothing more. dont try to play "captain save a child" here as this is NOT your child. so whether he has a father still alive (or not) is irrelevant here. sadly, your misplaced ego is giving you funny thoughts and you are so insecure that you believe that the baby daddy could come anytime and just tell your woman to :"lets go" and she will just follow the yeye dude. come on!

denobaba:
Nothing in your posts suggests even the remotest connection to reality. It's either you are very naive or you just wish to be disingenuous.

It's a well established fact that women divert attention to kids as against their husband. If this is the reality of many fathers, tell me how it could not be potentially worse in the case of marriage to a single mom.

Granted, a few single moms may find men who would commit to them for the long-term but don't try to misinform the public of the likely risk that could crystallize. Marrying a single mom will never be a first cause of action for anyone.

come on now.... even with your biological child and his mother, you could suffer the same above fate... so instead of telling us stories, why dont you guys tell us EXACTLY What you are scared about?!?!?

CaptainLora:
Wahala!
Why not just a regular girl without all these baggage and have peace of mind? That shitt is too complicated abeg.

many women out there may "seem" that they have no baggage but they will carry more load than a single mother (all them Dubai sista that are all fancy and beautiful but get mounted by dog and eat shiiit). again, you guys are not being honest about what really is bothering you with this single mother issue....because it is obvious, the flimsy excuses you all give here on this thread doesnt sound valid....especially when good women are scarce in 9ja.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by Contekbbc: 10:17pm On May 11, 2022
Most of the single ladies out there are worse.

If she's ok by your standard and has REALLY MOVED ON HER EX,why not go ahead and do the needful.
Afterall,Na born she born,she no kill person.

You'll be shocked to know that most married men are fathers to children that are not theirs,so, is it not better to know that she has given birth before instead of marrying someone who will CODEDLY give another man's pregnancy to you and make you father a bastard?

By the time some men are 60 years+
, They'll know that all those things don't matter at all.
All in all,
God will guide you and will surely give you grace to choose the best person at the end.
Peace!
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by denobaba: 10:17pm On May 11, 2022
frozen70:

Tell them in which ever way it's left for you to convince them that she is the one that will make life happier with

No way! Don't preach this myth to a brother lost in emotions. Would say the same if he were to be your biological brother?

There are tons of ladies out there who will make him far happier. By all means, begin your own family as opposed to a pre-rolled one. Who dash monkey banana grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by perez100: 10:19pm On May 11, 2022
Nobody is asking whether the lady dated a person like Osinach"s husband. The lady may be nice but the man that got her pregnant may be a beast.

So, to save her life, she may quit the relationship while she's already a single mother. Is it her fault? I think many people here are just kids.

10 Likes

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by Janedoe007: 10:19pm On May 11, 2022
MistarT:

It will do humanity great good, if we hear from marriage counsellors with wide range of experiences, thanks.

Well me to am currently dating one, but bro your family members might not support you as am also doing campaign for her and if you love her, stand your grounds and always defend her no matter where[/color]. [color=#000099]

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by frozen70(f): 10:19pm On May 11, 2022
denobaba:
No way! Don't preach this myth to a brother lost in emotions. Would say the same if he were to be your biological brother?

There are tons of ladies out there who will make him far happier. By all means, begin your own family as opposed to a pre-rolled one. Who dash monkey banana grin grin grin

If your biological sister or daughter is a single parent, will you advise her to date herself

At least he wasn't forced to start a relationship with a single mother, whereas he has single ladies

If that is his choice all he needs is a support

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by denobaba: 10:21pm On May 11, 2022
frozen70:

At least he wasn't forced to start
Can you recommend the same for your brother? Please answer the damn question.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by godofuck231: 10:21pm On May 11, 2022
Toktee:
Just Bleep her and run.... anything she tell you as a reason for her been single is lies.

They are sadist.

They are really bittered.

They are manner less

They are wayward.

Most of them just take a break from active prostitution.
this guy de see front come make I give you money for weed
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by Deeace01: 10:22pm On May 11, 2022
As it's popularly said that experience is a very good teacher if not the best even.

As long as the father of the child involved is still alive then future vicissitudes is far beyond the sexual part, sadly and bitterly as it may sound....the father of the child is usually a cross on the new man coz there's usually unforseen circumstances that may befall the new man through the old one
MrBrownJay1:

you made plenty of sense and then you wrote the above... are you saying that a woman who had a child for some dude and then they parted ways, will always let that man mount her?! do you see how insecure it is of you to claim the above?! even you yourself, some babe got pregnant for you and you didnt want the child, would you even want to have sex with her again?!?!? come on bro!

the above you wrote says a lot about the weak insecure mindset of some men...so because she had sex with someone before, you are so insecure that you believe that she can never love you and be faithful to you ever. thats he will always be drawn to the bastard who may have abandonned/dropped her etc.... thats deep! no wonder men are running away from these single mothers!
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by Freedom34: 10:22pm On May 11, 2022
Ensure u buy d book 'okafors law' b4 u embark on ur journey!
Dassol!
cool
MistarT:

Itwill do humanity great good, if we hear from marriage counsellors with wide range of experiences, thanks.
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by Ifeanyicosta(m): 10:25pm On May 11, 2022
satandeterrible:

Okay. Captain save-a-hoe.
White Knight in shining armour. Carry on.
I swear DAT guy na captain with 3 star grin

1 Like

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by denobaba: 10:25pm On May 11, 2022
MrBrownJay1:

i have absolutely NO DISCRIMINATION towards single mothers because i do believe that being a single mother doesnt make a woman a bad person nor does it makes that woman a future bad wife nor a future bad mother, therefore why should i/we discriminate against a woman with a child?!

being with a single moher is 10x better than being with one of them fancy single ones you see out there, who go to Dubai every weekend that may have been fukced by dogs and eating excrements.

and whats so wrong about that?! its not like he is gonna continue fukc your wife or sleep in your bed, is it?! remember, you are just a "surrogate" father at best to this child, and nothing more. dont try to play "captain save a child" here as this is NOT your child. so whether he has a father still alive (or not) is irrelevant here. sadly, your misplaced ego is giving you funny thoughts and you are so insecure that you believe that the baby daddy could come anytime and just tell your woman to :"lets go" and she will just follow the yeye dude. come on!

come on now.... even with your biological child and his mother, you could suffer the same above fate... so instead of telling us stories, why dont you guys tell us EXACTLY What you are scared about?!?!?

many women out there may "seem" that they have no baggage but they will carry more load than a single mother (all them Dubai sista that are all fancy and beautiful but get mounted by dog and eat shiiit). again, you guys are not being honest about what really is bothering you with this single mother issue....because it is obvious, the flimsy excuses you all give here on this thread doesnt sound valid....especially when good women are scarce in 9ja.
You have no clue. You assume single moms could have great qualities that are completely exclusive for single ladies. How does that even work? Lols grin
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by frozen70(f): 10:25pm On May 11, 2022
denobaba:
Can you recommend the same for your brother? Please answer the damn question.

What goes around comes around
If you are a single father, are you forbidden to get a woman

1 Like

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by omoyankee3(m): 10:26pm On May 11, 2022
No pros, only cons.

Why complicate your life marrying a single mother when there are many single women with no kids out there?

5 Likes

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by denobaba: 10:29pm On May 11, 2022
frozen70:

What goes around comes around
If you are a single father, are you forbidden to get a woman
This is a different dynamic. Men approach women for marriage and not the other way round. Given that a man is the provider, he is free to approach any lady of his choice. It's up to the lady to accept or decline.

We cannot say the same about single mom. If you raise your own son and send him to school. Would you be happy for him to bring home a single mom for marriage? Please try to be realistic.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by cenaman(m): 10:30pm On May 11, 2022
satandeterrible:

Okay. Captain save-a-hoe.
White Knight in shining armour. Carry on.

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by Gkemz: 10:31pm On May 11, 2022
Puskas:
Any attempt from you to discipline the child will not always go down well with her. She will be seeing it as a hatred for the child because the child is not yours

You have a very strong point.
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by frozen70(f): 10:32pm On May 11, 2022
denobaba:
This is a different dynamic. Men approach women for marriage and not the other way round. Given that a man is the provider, he is free to approach any lady of his choice. It's up to the lady to accept or decline.

We cannot say the same about single mom. If you raise your own son and send him to school. Would you be happy for him to bring home a single mom for marriage? Please try to be realistic.

Whatever rocks his boat, all I want is a peaceful marriage

1 Like

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by EagleSquare1(m): 10:32pm On May 11, 2022
Very mean of you to label single mothers this way. Warped opinion!

Toktee:
Just Bleep her and run.... anything she tell you as a reason for her been single is lies.

They are sadist.

They are really bittered.

They are manner less

They are wayward.

Most of them just take a break from active prostitution.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by jendoslim(m): 10:32pm On May 11, 2022
frozen70:

Being a single mother is not a curse

Circumstances normally leads to it

In every single mother, there is a single father

The good part of them is that they took the kid along while some will drop the child to the man's family and doesn't care what comes out of the child

You see most times, the single mothers takes the child because being a mother is priceless

The other thing is that they get more matured and experienced after the encounter that lead them to single parenthood

Have you ever wondered why at a stage in some situations in a man's life, he will be looking for a single mother to marry

E get why

Are you being serious about this ?

Pray tell, which stage will a man get to that he will be desirous of a single mother to marry??

1 Like

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by Abbeytoy(m): 10:33pm On May 11, 2022
MistarT:

Let me try some in a football term.

Coin
It's like make Everton give Real Madrid 1 goal down in champions league semi final.

Pro
At first you'll enjoy your live to the fullest and free pekus till you enter am fully.

Conclusion, Run for your dear life
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by Ifeanyicosta(m): 10:33pm On May 11, 2022
SyrusdeHansome:
Bro if u really knw the person u wanna marry, if she gives u peace of mind marry her. Don't let pple's opinion of someone they knw contribute to u losing a good lady
Single mother are great pretender,they pretend to the extent of giving u money and lot of sex ,to confuse u they r different.
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by zoroby(m): 10:34pm On May 11, 2022
MistarT:
Hmm deep i am learning something, thank you.

Continue learning no japa

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by denobaba: 10:34pm On May 11, 2022
frozen70:

Whatever rocks his boat, all I want is a peaceful marriage
Lols! I pray to God his father will be around in this critical phase of his life. Left to you, that boy child is in grave danger of misguidance.

Kai, children really need their fathers.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:36pm On May 11, 2022
denobaba:
You have no clue. You assume single moms could have great qualities that are completely exclusive for single ladies. How does that even work? Lols grin

what qualities a single woman has that is "exclusive" to them (aka that a single mother cannot possess) apart from virginity but that aint a quality....??!?

Deeace01:
As it's popularly said that experience is a very good teacher if not the best even.
As long as the father of the child involved is still alive then future vicissitudes is far beyond the sexual part, sadly and bitterly as it may sound....the father of the child is usually a cross on the new man coz there's usually unforseen circumstances that may befall the new man through the old one

as much as your English is great, you are saying nothing valid to this issue. you are now placing your misplaced ego in the way of your common sense. as much as a baby daddy can certainly have contact with his child/baby momma, that person has NO VALID leverage upon the r/ship you have with babymomma. so i dont know what circumstances you are talking about, but its evident that you are talking from an insecure man point of view....therefore you are looking down on a woman because of the possible unforessen circumstances that may or not ever happen. that would be as foolish as me saying that i wont drive a car because many have died in car accidents. highly stupid wouldnt you say?!

ogene144:
I pray you didn't fell into this single mother hand I didn't pray 4 my enemies to marry single mother they are evils and wicked

kai, come on bro....the above is far fetched. been with countless of single mothers, and can only say great things about them. just like there are great single women out there, there are bad single women out there, and same goes for single mothers.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by Dimaya: 10:36pm On May 11, 2022
I know 8 men who married single mothers.

6 of them are divorced/separated because the wife's baby daddy was still giving her the d*ck. It was ugly.

One of them was accused by his 13yr old stepdaughter of inappropriate se*ual advances. He swears his innocence, but his wife left him. She didn't even have kids for him. After 11 years! No one in the church they attended believed him. 11 years of marriage just wasted.

The only man I know still married is a pastor. His wife is Tu Face idibia's baby mama.

If you can skillfully navigate the above risks, then go ahead. But realize this: marrying a single mom in Nigeria is a thankless job. All 7 of the above men swore never to 'rescue' a single mom. These were their words:

' She will NEVER love you. You will only be a wallet. And if the baby daddy attempts to have s*x with her or return, she won't hesitate to jump into his arms. She will always be his booty call.'

Dear friend, the man who fathered a child with her didn't rape her. He chose not to marry her. That child will cost you money. Why should you be the one to save her?

6 Likes

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by frozen70(f): 10:37pm On May 11, 2022
denobaba:
Lols! I pray to God his father will be around in this critical phase of his life. Left to you, that boy child is in grave danger of misguidance.

Kai, children really need their fathers.

A mother is the real politician of every family

She knows what's good for the family
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by Tomamajojo(f): 10:37pm On May 11, 2022
Not true

Kriss216:

Even a girl you married as a virgin will care for her child more than the husband.

The only problem with single mother;
The father of her child has 98.783% access to her kpekus.
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by AkpaMgbor(m): 10:37pm On May 11, 2022
I dated a single mother..very young single mother. Their self esteem is usuall rock bottom low. They are easily irritated and overtly suspicious of ANYTHING. And yes their child(ren) comes first.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? by GOFRONT(m): 10:38pm On May 11, 2022
I know of a very young single mother whose child has been taken away by the baby daddy.

If she did not tell you about her single status, you will never know.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. / My Wife Denies Me Sex, Gives It To Church Members Freely – Pastor / Missing Girl In Kaduna : Pls Have You Seen This Girl?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.