Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,968 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? (51270 Views)

Entering A Train Nigeria For The First Time. See My Discovery / Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) / How I Stopped Herdsmen From Entering My Community — Edo Monarch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by SEGLIZ: 6:37pm On May 13, 2022
DrDunamis:

You didn't punctuate your first response rightly
I'm sorry about that, I'll return to it and do that.

1 Like

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by Poleski: 6:37pm On May 13, 2022
Another stupid superstitious belief.
Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by BOYS2MEN: 6:57pm On May 13, 2022
Cause nor be ur papa and mama bedroom
Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by Dorwadora(f): 7:52pm On May 13, 2022
holysainbj:

Ado? Like Ado Ekiti?
Yes.... Ado Ekiti
Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by Dorwadora(f): 7:56pm On May 13, 2022
MisterKennedy:

Hi dear

Which city are you chatting from
Good evening sir.... I'm jonxing NL from Ado Ekiti grin

1 Like

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by MisterKennedy(m): 8:27pm On May 13, 2022
Dorwadora:
Good evening sir.... I'm jonxing NL from Ado Ekiti grin
Wow!!! You called me Sir... That's very sweet of you... Thank you dear.

Jonxing is your real name?
Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by MisterKennedy(m): 8:28pm On May 13, 2022
tianshie:

Akure.
Nice to meet you bro
Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by Dorwadora(f): 8:29pm On May 13, 2022
MisterKennedy:

Wow!!! You called me Sir... That's very sweet of you... Thank you dear.

Jonxing is your real name?
Jonxing like chatting grin grin

Please call me Dora

1 Like

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by MisterKennedy(m): 8:37pm On May 13, 2022
Dorwadora:
Jonxing like chatting grin grin

Please call me Dora

Lol... Ok dear

You really have a great sense of humour
Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by Dorwadora(f): 8:40pm On May 13, 2022
MisterKennedy:

Lol... Ok dear

You really have a great sense of humour
Happiness is free so I always make good use of it smiley smiley

Do have a good night rest sir smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by Papichulostunne(m): 8:42pm On May 13, 2022
Dorwadora:
When he was alive, he'd always give me yam, fish or 200 naira whenever I visit grin grin. He said I look like his mother embarassed

How come you go look like your papa friend mother? *clears throat*
Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by MisterKennedy(m): 8:44pm On May 13, 2022
Dorwadora:
Happiness is free so I always make good use of it smiley smiley

Do have a good night rest sir smiley smiley

You're welcome dear
Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by Nobody: 8:57pm On May 13, 2022
Dorwadora:
I don't understand the reason behind it and I'm curious. Google is not giving me a coherent answer.

My late grandfather's friend passed away today, being a Muslim, it's a must that he must be buried today. My grandma called me to come to our hometown ( My present location to my hometown is just 1 hour) to say goodbye to Baba (May God rest his soul).

I got there, I wanted to enter but they said I should knock before entering incase Baba is dressing up or eating embarassed embarassed. I knocked once but they said I must knock thrice undecided undecided. I know all those eating and dressing up story is sakamanje.

I would have asked someone there but the atmosphere was melanchoIic and I was in a rush to see my grandma and now I'm on my way back to Ado.

What's the real reason for knocking?

A dead body can't feel or see. It dead undecided undecided... The body is useless or else it want to be used as compost.

The same reason you knock 3 times before entering a shrine. And the same reason you enter some places with your back and not your front.

1 Like

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by Exceed15: 10:57pm On May 13, 2022
Dem don selll you bobo
Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by DrDunamis(m): 1:49am On May 14, 2022
SEGLIZ:
I'm sorry about that, I'll return to it and do that.
And that was the very reason why it's meaning was misconstrued.

1 Like

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by Lovelyperson(m): 2:19pm On May 14, 2022
Sacred007:

shut up

not in for some silly argument

Alright thank you
Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by holysainbj(m): 10:22pm On May 15, 2022
Dorwadora:
Yes.... Ado Ekiti

Wow cool
I stay here
Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by Dorwadora(f): 10:45pm On May 15, 2022
holysainbj:

Wow cool
I stay here
Nice smiley smiley... Hope you are good over at your place sir?
Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by blueAgent(m): 9:55am On May 16, 2022
YourFavorite21:
There is so much mystery about the dead that the living is oblivious of, remember their mortal body died not their spirit or soul. They are still active around their bodies till they are buried. You don't take them unawares you are inviting shock or even stroke, they are energies and entities at death, you notify them.

That's not true.

Man does not have an Immortal soul or spirit.
Ones someone dies everything about them dies.

Any appearance of anything that looks like the dead person are all imaginations or demons impersonating the dead person.
Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by blueAgent(m): 10:04am On May 16, 2022
smd837:
Wether you believe it or not a doctor entered into mortuary without knock as death body slap him uptill now hes been having scor scor for head, atimes hes normal atimes hes not normal.

That's not true.

The dead cannot eat,think,walk or do anything.

If the doctor was in anyway slapped by anybody inside the mortuary, it must have been a demon or evil spirit masquerading as the dead, but it can never be the dead.

https://www.amazingfacts.org/media-library/study-guide/e/4987/t/are-the-dead-really-dead-

https://www.amazingfacts.org/media-library/book/e/48/t/spirits-of-the-dead
Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by blueAgent(m): 10:05am On May 16, 2022
Govocrete:

Two years ago I entered the mortuary to identify my father for burial, it was not funny.

When I reached the middle of the mortuary that is when I realized there are spirit around. I lost my soul for about 10 seconds but being bold I did what I needed to do and left.

https://www.amazingfacts.org/media-library/book/e/48/t/spirits-of-the-dead

https://www.amazingfacts.org/media-library/study-guide/e/4987/t/are-the-dead-really-dead-
Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by blueAgent(m): 10:12am On May 16, 2022
Honestfrend:
I heard from a guy who works in the mutuary that they put one new dead man.. That the next day all the dead people laid close to him were pushed to different direction.

The next day dey arranged him again the next day the same thing.. They have to call the family that dey can't put such person there.. I mean a dead person. They came to carry there corpse.

Yes it's possible, but the truth is that, it was not the dead man that was responsible for pushing the other dead bodies, but Evil spirits attached to the body of the dead man.

This happens to mostly ppl who why they were alive had done several charms and rituals on their bodies.

The fact remains that the dead no nothing and cannot do anything.

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by holysainbj(m): 11:44am On May 16, 2022
Dorwadora:
Nice smiley smiley... Hope you are good over at your place sir?
Lol yes ma
What part of Ado you @?
Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by Dorwadora(f): 1:31pm On May 16, 2022
holysainbj:

Lol yes ma
What part of Ado you @?
Iworoko smiley
Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by holysainbj(m): 2:23pm On May 17, 2022
Dorwadora:
Iworoko smiley

Ook. So can I call/text off here, if you don’t mind
Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by Shhhh01(f): 3:46pm On May 18, 2022
Something smells fishy here. Your grand pa friend said u looked like his mom? Nkan nbeeeeeeeeeee
Dorwadora:
When he was alive, he'd always give me yam, fish or 200 naira whenever I visit grin grin. He said I look like his mother embarassed
Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by ucheanderson24(m): 10:30am On May 19, 2022
sleekflow:

Okay... Until dem go knack you kpako for where e no good

Money sweet pass kpekus
Lol
Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by kals4luv990(m): 12:41pm On May 19, 2022
Creamypie:
how can u believe this nonsense nah? The dead are conscious of nothing, while the living know they will die Ecclesiastes 3 vs 19 and 9 vs 5. Man and animals are the same when they die
Man, like Adam is made from dust and returns to dust on all entirety. How gods of men deceive Una is what I find difficult to understand. Damn
so after death comes judgement is now based on what..I have had dreams of dead people coming to give me information about their loved ones and it turned out to be correct..see there is more to this that meets the eye
Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by kals4luv990(m): 12:49pm On May 19, 2022
ikennaoma:
What you believe in becloud your sense of reasoning.. I will enter there without knocking and nothing will happen.. but because u belief in it ur mind will be restless.. that's why an atheist will tell a dreaded occult man that he can't do anything why? he believes he can't and he will never hurt him.. we imprison our mind in what we believe.when we stop and call it ordinary, ordinary it shall remain.
tell native doctor that one nd Gv us feedback
Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by Creamypie(m): 2:36pm On May 19, 2022
kals4luv990:
so after death comes judgement is now based on what..I have had dreams of dead people coming to give me information about their loved ones and it turned out to be correct..see there is more to this that meets the eye
we remain non existent till resurrection
Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by Lordswat(m): 1:01pm On May 20, 2022
thermos, don't make that mistake of entering the room a dead body lay except u want to see GOD and u know u can't live to say or describe what u see be-careful
Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by smd837(m): 6:44pm On May 21, 2022
Enter mortuary for ones and see things to yourself, then try and don't knock before you enter sir. Daddy G.O

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ooni Ogunwusi & His Wife Collect Offering At A Church In UK (Photos) / The Great Songhai Empire / DPO Segun Fagbohun Dies In Lagos Hospital (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.