Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,839 members, 7,820,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? (51281 Views)

Entering A Train Nigeria For The First Time. See My Discovery / Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) / How I Stopped Herdsmen From Entering My Community — Edo Monarch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by Olas121: 9:02am On May 13, 2022
Dorwadora:
I don't understand the reason behind it and I'm curious. Google is not giving me a coherent answer.

My late grandfather's friend passed away today, being a Muslim, it's a must that he must be buried today. My grandma called me to come to our hometown ( My present location to my hometown is just 1 hour) to say goodbye to Baba (May God rest his soul).

I got there, I wanted to enter but they said I should knock before entering incase Baba is dressing up or eating embarassed embarassed. I knocked once but they said I must knock thrice undecided undecided. I know all those eating and dressing up story is sakamanje.

I would have asked someone there but the atmosphere was melanchoIic and I was in a rush to see my grandma and now I'm on my way back to Ado.

What's the real reason for knocking?

A dead body can't feel or see. It dead undecided undecided... The body is useless or else it want to be used as compost.
If to say, you don't answer them now the story for clear well. Because you come tell us what happen to you for another person to learn. Instead of looking for ans here

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by damayor001(m): 9:04am On May 13, 2022
Timoleon:
What if grand pa’s friend is his real grand pa?
hahahaha... And his grandma never told him all these while... grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by sweetkev(m): 9:05am On May 13, 2022
damayor001:
exactly.. I believe you 100%. Last month i visited the morgue, dead bodies here and there. I had enough time to interact with the mortician, i asked him if he knocks before entering the morgue, he said " oga nomind all those stories" that sometimes morticians use that to scare people.
Kudos to the guy. You hardly see a mortician who will tell you the truth. That is how more money is being made in the job. I won't say more than this

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by Creamypie(m): 9:05am On May 13, 2022
supereagle:

But the soul and spirit are immortal, only the body is mortal.
damn. U don't read bible ohh. Don't accept the lies from pastors.read Ecclesiastes 9 vs 5, and 3 vs 19. Damn shiii. We are all dust like Adam. Once we kpuff, no part of us goes to heaven. We return entirely to sand. Read bible or simply verify what gods of men teach.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by shevi4mb(m): 9:06am On May 13, 2022
Dorwadora:
I don't understand the reason behind it and I'm curious. Google is not giving me a coherent answer.

My late grandfather's friend passed away today, being a Muslim, it's a must that he must be buried today. My grandma called me to come to our hometown ( My present location to my hometown is just 1 hour) to say goodbye to Baba (May God rest his soul).

I got there, I wanted to enter but they said I should knock before entering incase Baba is dressing up or eating embarassed embarassed. I knocked once but they said I must knock thrice undecided undecided. I know all those eating and dressing up story is sakamanje.

I would have asked someone there but the atmosphere was melanchoIic and I was in a rush to see my grandma and now I'm on my way back to Ado.

What's the real reason for knocking?

A dead body can't feel or see. It dead undecided undecided... The body is useless or else it want to be used as compost.

Even in the US, the mortuary attendants do knock. Its another world, a spiritual world that you have to announce yourself before you go in. Most people attach these acts as superstitious but its real...if you're spiritual enough, you'll understand that this is not the only world we have and when someone is dead, you pay the respect by knocking if its only the dead that is resting in the room.

Those who think its stupid to knock, should go pass a night at the Cemetery...after all, the bodies there are all dead

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by tiswell(m): 9:10am On May 13, 2022
illicit:
I am confused

Why must u say goodbye to ur grandpa's friend
that's because he is her b!biological father
Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by kellybently(m): 9:11am On May 13, 2022
TONYE001:
Absolutely no reason.

Belief and culture (?plus ignorance) at play here.

A dead man is dead and cannot move a finger. All stories told about the dead performing any action are false... People sit in their homes and conjure things to suit their narratives.

Try visit any mortuary don't knock just enter. U ll see what you have not seen before

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by inwahiwe: 9:13am On May 13, 2022
Until you are impacted by the spiritual world, your believes, religion, civilization is untested.

I never use to believe any of these things because I am so scientifically minded until they unleashed on me. Today, I'm taking spiritual matters very seriously

To attempt your question, speaking from yogic wisdom;

Life has five components/forces:

1. Component responsible for breath
2. Component responsible for warmth/heat (reason when you die, you go cold)
3. Component responsible for bouyancy(you don't feel your weight when you are alive, but the moment you die, nobody can lift you up again, it will take many hands)
4. Component responsible for preservation of the body while you are alive (you start decaying at death but can still experience growth of hair and finger nails until it withdraws)
5. Component responsible for ....(you guess it)

When you die, these components withdraw individually and at different pace

So it's possible that being clinically dead doesn't mean the process of death has completed. Reason why sometimes you can hear sounds/noise from where a dead person is laying.

Plus all kinds of energies (disembodied spirits) looking for bodies to enter. There is so much going on in a dead person

Therefore, to cut the long story short, the unseen world is sensitive to vibrations, therefore, when you knock, you produce vibrations and the number 3 is actually a code for this type of communication, which announces your presence and keeps any unwanted energies at bay(raises the vibration of the room). Otherwise, you might have contact with something whose vibration is higher than your own (what you call demonic attack/possession)

I don't have typing patience, I would have gone into more detail

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by Bahamas95(m): 9:14am On May 13, 2022
I always hear stories about ghosts but haven't seen any since I was born.....Even my friends that attended boarding schools didn't allow me rest with their stories about ghosts everytime.

My cousin told me sometime ago that her father's friend visited him and they gisted/drank together as usual. Some minutes after he left news came that the man is dead, someone that just left their house...... Honestly I don't understand these things, don't know if they're lying or not.

The Bible says after death comes judgement so who are these ghosts people are claiming to see? I also hear that there's a place called spirit world where the dead live after they depart this world. Some will tell you once you're dead that's the end of your existence, that there's nothing like heaven, hell or existing somewhere else........This life is a mystery.
Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by aktolly54(m): 9:14am On May 13, 2022
TONYE001:
Absolutely no reason.

A dead man is dead and cannot move a finger. All stories told about the dead performing any action are false... People sit in their homes and conjure things to suit their narratives.

how much do you know about third eyes (chakra )? Maybe if you can see beyond ordinary you understand and believe in culture
Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by Bankinoh: 9:14am On May 13, 2022
I am glad you quoted the bible verse to make your point ... So if the dead is gone as you stated,how come a witch was able to resurrect the ghost of Prophet Samuel in the Bible? Life is deep,what you don't know should not make you put a limitation to the mysteries of life...Evil spirits always look for a habitation in human body,so in as much as one is dead you can't really say what witches do among the dead,so 8f their policy is for you to knock,if you are not too strong in prayers then knock,but if you are Holy ghost filled then nothing can happen to you as you have power over principalities and powers....
Creamypie:
how can u believe this nonsense nah? The dead are conscious of nothing, while the living know they will die Ecclesiastes 9 vs 5
Man, like Adam is made from dust and returns to dust on all entirety

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by illicit(m): 9:18am On May 13, 2022
tiswell:
that's because he is her b!biological father

Biological grandfather u mean

shocked
Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by LastProphet: 9:19am On May 13, 2022
TONYE001:
Absolutely no reason.

My brother science can't explain everything oh, don't be fooled oh. The day you enter a mortuary without notice you will smell your anus. I have seen a man shot multiple times with AK47 and no scratch on him, does science explain that? Just waka jeje in this fearful world

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by supereagle(m): 9:28am On May 13, 2022
Creamypie:
damn. U don't read bible ohh. Don't accept the lies from pastors.read Ecclesiastes 9 vs 5, and 3 vs 19. Damn shiii. We are all dust like Adam. Once we kpuff, no part of us goes to heaven. We return entirely to sand. Read bible or simply verify what gods of men teach.
Read ECC 12 vs 7 as well. Compare scriptures with scriptures. Also marry what happened at mountain of transfiguration. The soul and spirit don't die

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by tiswell(m): 9:28am On May 13, 2022
illicit:

Biological grandfather u mean

shocked
yea,they simply didn't tell her sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by airsaylongcome: 9:29am On May 13, 2022
Emperordynasty:
Yeah I was watching a documentary about the OBa of Benin in the filmed in the 60s,
I think during the reign of Oba Akenzua ,
The prince who was showing the white man around the OBa's palace ,got to a particular door and knocked thrice before he and the white man entered,.it turned out it was like the shrine built to former obas who had died,
When the white man ask some questions, the prince said he wasn't allowed to talk...

Kinda relates Sha since it involved the dead OBa's shrine

Got a link? One of Oba Akenzua’s daughters works at the Lagos Civil Service in Alausa. Would be nice to be able to hold some conversation with her about it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by illicit(m): 9:29am On May 13, 2022
tiswell:
yea,they simply didn't tell her sad

shocked
Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by MisterKennedy(m): 9:30am On May 13, 2022
Dorwadora:
I have a red thick cardigan my grandfather wear till the time of his death..... I always rock the cardigan with Jeans, my auntie from US sent it.

People will be like " Ha ha, Dora this cardigan dope o"...I'll be like " You remember my grandfather that died 3 years ago?...it's for him"

The bed he was embalmed on for 2 nights, that same bed his body was prepared is where I always sleep on whenever I go visiting. Thick Mouka foam for that matter grin grin

No be me kill am, I don't have any reason to be scared grin

Hi dear

Which city are you chatting from
Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by Pootle: 9:33am On May 13, 2022
illicit:
I am confused

Why must u say goodbye to ur grandpa's friend

Wait o....

Abi......

shocked

them dey same gathering

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by DeepSight(m): 9:34am On May 13, 2022
Jakumo:

Dead men may not be able to lift a finger, but peer-reviewed scientific data has confirmed that their manhood in fact lives on.

Sir 'Kumo! Always touche!
Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by Wifijago: 9:43am On May 13, 2022
Emperordynasty:
Yeah I was watching a documentary about the OBa of Benin in the filmed in the 60s,
I think during the reign of Oba Akenzua ,
The prince who was showing the white man around the OBa's palace ,got to a particular door and knocked thrice before he and the white man entered,.it turned out it was like the shrine built to former obas who had died,
When the white man ask some questions, the prince said he wasn't allowed to talk...

Kinda relates Sha since it involved the dead OBa's shrine
lolz
Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by tiswell(m): 9:47am On May 13, 2022
illicit:

shocked
e shock you ba grin

1 Like

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by Tylermann: 9:52am On May 13, 2022
Just knock and leave the rest. Those people that asked you to knock ain’t cr..zy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by SirMichael1: 9:52am On May 13, 2022
SEGLIZ:
I was only confirming what you said not against you.

to this over civilised generation, foolishness to them is civility.

to them your comment is nothing but lie even when on the affirmative it is true. you didn't take time to digest my response to you comment.

Contrary.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by Nobody: 9:54am On May 13, 2022
TheWolfen:
John 2 verse 3-5. ( NKJV )

obedience is better than sacrifice cool

may God bless u bro

1 Like

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by Generalwoodz(m): 9:59am On May 13, 2022
kellybently:

Try visit any mortuary don't knock just enter. U ll see what you have not seen before
you dey doubt person wey don study anatomy? Dissected cadaver from head to toe. tongue nothing will happen.
Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by Creamypie(m): 10:01am On May 13, 2022
Bankinoh:
I am glad you quoted the bible verse to make your point ... So if the dead is gone as you stated,how come a witch was able to resurrect the ghost of Prophet Samuel in the Bible? Life is deep,what you don't know should not make you put a limitation to the mysteries of life...Evil spirits always look for a habitation in human body,so in as much as one is dead you can't really say what witches do among the dead,so 8f their policy is for you to knock,if you are not too strong in prayers then knock,but if you are Holy ghost filled then nothing can happen to you as you have power over principalities and powers....
thats not Samuel. God hates the use of mediums, sorcerer, u see d irony?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by Excalante(m): 10:02am On May 13, 2022
Nothing in this life is ordinary

THE proprietor of Emeka Mortuary, Okunmi Community, located at the suburbs of Ikom, Central senatorial district, Cross River State, Mr. Kalu Ben Chima, popularly called Emeka Ambulance, has revealed the spiritual combats morticians, now and again, go through with occultists and members of some secret societies before their corpses were embalmed in his mortuary.

deadThe Arochukwu-born mortician, whose mortuary is located along Ikom-Calabar highway, confessed to NDV that dead bodies, especially those of occultists and members of secret societies “do give us trouble while being embalmed because their bodies have been ‘fortified’ by the devil or some spiritual forces.”
Power pass power

“In such cases, we have to pet and persuade them by talking to them to allow the chemicals to penetrate their bodies, but if they remain stubborn, we have to employ our own spiritual force and of course, power pass power and we can then embalm them,” he disclosed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by Kelvin3476: 10:03am On May 13, 2022
SEGLIZ:
you are lying to this foolish generation that take their foolishness for civilisation.
i hate it when dumb people try acting wise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by DonMakaveli21: 10:07am On May 13, 2022
I'm sensing something here oo.. two days back I and my friend went to meet with one baba IFA LOLA to do some check up on how life fit take dey easy and be good.. before we enter the house baba say make we knock the door three times na so we obey do am oo.. though we did not see any dead body there but the place be like shrine.. does it mean there was a dead body hidden there that we didn't see or what..
Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by eallstar: 10:10am On May 13, 2022
Just a tradition and culture of some particular people, so you have to respect that if where you originate from fall into the among people who practise it
Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by Kelvin3476: 10:12am On May 13, 2022
Dorwadora:
I have a red thick cardigan my grandfather wear till the time of his death..... I always rock the cardigan with Jeans, my auntie from US sent it.

People will be like " Ha ha, Dora this cardigan dope o"...I'll be like " You remember my grandfather that died 3 years ago?...it's for him"

The bed he was embalmed on for 2 nights, that same bed his body was prepared is where I always sleep on whenever I go visiting. Thick Mouka foam for that matter grin grin

No be me kill am, I don't have any reason to be scared grin
U MUST BE BRAVE. I ONLY TRIED SUCH WHEN MY UNCLE DIED. EVERYONE LEFT HIS BED AND RAN TO THE PARLOUR TO SLEEP , LIVING ONLY ME TO SLEEP IN HIS BEDROOM. TO SLEEP THAT NIGHT HARD ME UNTIL I MISTAKENLY SLEPT OFF. I CNT TRY THAT AGAIN, BT I STILL THE ROCK HIS SPORT WEARS.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Great Songhai Empire / DPO Segun Fagbohun Dies In Lagos Hospital (photo) / Convocation: Badirat Olaitan Adeyemi Graduates From The University Of Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.