Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,784 members, 7,820,746 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? (51277 Views)

Entering A Train Nigeria For The First Time. See My Discovery / Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) / How I Stopped Herdsmen From Entering My Community — Edo Monarch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by Sacred007: 11:57am On May 13, 2022
Lovelyperson:

You believe in Hell?
Can a spirit burn?
Can God burn?

shut up
not in for some silly argument
Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by MtDave55: 11:58am On May 13, 2022
You will get confused bringing the matter here.

Find out for yourself why you need to knock or not.

When next someone dies in your community go into the room without knocking 10 time's and at different period and go in 10ntimes also knocking before you enter

If you notice nothing different at the end of your investigation then there is no WHY

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by Govocrete: 12:17pm On May 13, 2022
favour32:

As una dey say na nonsense or superstition na so I use enter one mortuary unannounced some decades ago.
Dead bodies here and there.
Some arranged erect and others horizontal.
E be like market.
But I left after some minutes after rolling out the dead body of a young man we came to bury as nobody was willing to go inside except me.
I hear am for night.
Nor be everything person dey talk.
But there are vibrations in mortuary whether you believe it or not.

Two years ago I entered the mortuary to identify my father for burial, it was not funny.

When I reached the middle of the mortuary that is when I realized there are spirit around. I lost my soul for about 10 seconds but being bold I did what I needed to do and left.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by Athemisia: 12:25pm On May 13, 2022
Lamasta:
You should have knocked once and enter and see the result if truly the myths are real or not. ..
grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by phemmyfour: 12:53pm On May 13, 2022
Dorwadora:
I don't understand the reason behind it and I'm curious. Google is not giving me a coherent answer.

My late grandfather's friend passed away today, being a Muslim, it's a must that he must be buried today. My grandma called me to come to our hometown ( My present location to my hometown is just 1 hour) to say goodbye to Baba (May God rest his soul).

I got there, I wanted to enter but they said I should knock before entering incase Baba is dressing up or eating embarassed embarassed. I knocked once but they said I must knock thrice undecided undecided. I know all those eating and dressing up story is sakamanje.

I would have asked someone there but the atmosphere was melanchoIic and I was in a rush to see my grandma and now I'm on my way back to Ado.

What's the real reason for knocking?

A dead body can't feel or see. It dead undecided undecided... The body is useless or else it want to be used as compost.
It's Superstitious. Do mortuary attendants knock?
Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by Owologbo(m): 1:05pm On May 13, 2022
Dorwadora:
I don't understand the reason behind it and I'm curious. Google is not giving me a coherent answer.

My late grandfather's friend passed away today, being a Muslim, it's a must that he must be buried today. My grandma called me to come to our hometown ( My present location to my hometown is just 1 hour) to say goodbye to Baba (May God rest his soul).

I got there, I wanted to enter but they said I should knock before entering incase Baba is dressing up or eating embarassed embarassed. I knocked once but they said I must knock thrice undecided undecided. I know all those eating and dressing up story is sakamanje.

I would have asked someone there but the atmosphere was melanchoIic and I was in a rush to see my grandma and now I'm on my way back to Ado.

A dead body can't feel or see. It dead undecided undecided... The body is useless or else it want to be used as compost.
You should have opened it once na; just to put the believe of knocking three times to rest.
At least those present and witnessed you opening the door will have a change of mind about such a ritual and jettison it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by chigoizie7(m): 1:16pm On May 13, 2022
Dorwadora:

You didn’t find it funny to go say goodbye to someone that is already dead, someone who cannot even hear you. But you are concerned about knocking on the door.

If you believe that he can hear you say goodbye to him even as he is dead, then there are chances that he can as well be eating or dressing up as they said.

I don’t know what is wrong with this generation of people with their woke culture.

Abeg make person hear word.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by chigoizie7(m): 1:17pm On May 13, 2022
Dorwadora:
When he was alive, he'd always give me yam, fish or 200 naira whenever I visit grin grin. He said I look like his mother embarassed

And you believed that he can hear you?
But didn’t believe that he can be eating?

Make it make sense to me.
Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by todugo(m): 1:19pm On May 13, 2022
[quote author=illicit post=112765321]I am confused

I don't know why people are so afraid of the dead instead of the living.Even the Bible says the dead have no conciousness not to talk of harming the living.
Nigerians and superstitious believes. That's why Africa is still in darkness grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by Tv122: 1:20pm On May 13, 2022
sukkot:
well knocking 3 times is asking for permission for the doors of hell to open up as you are going in to meet the dead. there is nothing wrong in that but on the way out make sure you knock 4 times before going out or else you will not be coming out of there with your full soul. some of it would be lost. you will come out half the man you were . you would emerge a walking dead . coming out of there after knocking 4 times is Resurrection from the dead
try dey calm down
Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by holysainbj(m): 1:37pm On May 13, 2022
Dorwadora:

Ado? Like Ado Ekiti?
Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by JoyousFurnitire(m): 2:17pm On May 13, 2022
Dorwadora:
Lol... I simply looked all over him, took him cool hand and told him "Baba sun re o" smiley and some other couple of things.
Omo awon agba grin
Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by MN07: 2:22pm On May 13, 2022
Dorwadora:

Don't knock na carry your coconut head and enter Lol. grin

Body go tell you grin you go chop better slap.

1 Like

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by NaijaCars4sale: 2:40pm On May 13, 2022
A lot of mysteries about the dead, so much that we don't know which to believe

1 Like

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by LastDays777: 3:09pm On May 13, 2022
There is a mystery in the number 3 even in the scriptures ...

Nikola Tesla understood and made use of the number well...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by ORLAHOLUWA(m): 3:12pm On May 13, 2022
This topic again?
Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by smd837(m): 3:32pm On May 13, 2022
Wether you believe it or not a doctor entered into mortuary without knock as death body slap him uptill now hes been having scor scor for head, atimes hes normal atimes hes not normal.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by Nnamaka1: 3:39pm On May 13, 2022
Dorwadora:

It is very easy. Next time, don't listen to their advice, just barge in and whatever your eyes sees, just accept it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by ImaIma1(f): 3:41pm On May 13, 2022
favour32:

As una dey say na nonsense or superstition na so I use enter one mortuary unannounced some decades ago.
Dead bodies here and there.
Some arranged erect and others horizontal.
E be like market.
But I left after some minutes after rolling out the dead body of a young man we came to bury as nobody was willing to go inside except me.
I hear am for night.
Nor be everything person dey talk.
But there are vibrations in mortuary whether you believe it or not.

@ the bolded, what happened? shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by Bobbyjay001(m): 3:44pm On May 13, 2022
That's how my maternal grandmother's corpse was throw out through the window because she died in my father's house.

It's believed that if someone dies an in-law's house, the corpse would be thrown through the window.
Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by Juleeee: 4:06pm On May 13, 2022
Salihusaliheen:
me go have nightmares,am scared deadbody as in u no go understand.

You're not alone,
When my father die, I enter his room to see him, I ran out even with my brother there with me I couldn't

If I remember I will be beried beside the died when I die, it's still scares me Believe me.
Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by YourFavorite21(m): 4:46pm On May 13, 2022
Bobbyjay001:
That's how my maternal grandmother's corpse was throw out through the window because she died in my father's house.

It's believed that if someone dies an in-law's house, the corpse would be thrown through the window.

nawa oh, this is weird.

1 Like

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by emmatuegbe(m): 4:47pm On May 13, 2022
Please throw more light. Please enlighten me more.
inwahiwe:
Until you are impacted by the spiritual world, your believes, religion, civilization is untested.

I never use to believe any of these things because I am so scientifically minded until they unleashed on me. Today, I'm taking spiritual matters very seriously

To attempt your question, speaking from yogic wisdom;

Life has five components/forces:

1. Component responsible for breath
2. Component responsible for warmth/heat (reason when you die, you go cold)
3. Component responsible for bouyancy(you don't feel your weight when you are alive, but the moment you die, nobody can lift you up again, it will take many hands)
4. Component responsible for preservation of the body while you are alive (you start decaying at death but can still experience growth of hair and finger nails until it withdraws)
5. Component responsible for ....(you guess it)

When you die, these components withdraw individually and at different pace

So it's possible that being clinically dead doesn't mean the process of death has completed. Reason why sometimes you can hear sounds/noise from where a dead person is laying.

Plus all kinds of energies (disembodied spirits) looking for bodies to enter. There is so much going on in a dead person

Therefore, to cut the long story short, the unseen world is sensitive to vibrations, therefore, when you knock, you produce vibrations and the number 3 is actually a code for this type of communication, which announces your presence and keeps any unwanted energies at bay(raises the vibration of the room). Otherwise, you might have contact with something whose vibration is higher than your own (what you call demonic attack/possession)

I don't have typing patience, I would have gone into more detail
Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by pharmaking: 5:04pm On May 13, 2022
If they say knock 3 times, please do.

Ask the morticians when u see them.

I have heard many versions of stories anyway.

I once had access to morgue when I worked in a hospital, witnessed quite a number of embalmment.

We never knocked for once sha, but if they say knock, o boy, better knock.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by DMCY: 5:07pm On May 13, 2022
[quote author=Dorwadora post=112764687]I don't understand the reason behind it and I'm curious. Google is not giving me a coherent answer.

It’s somehow funny how you all claiming woke on here about not believing in the spiritual realm, but you believe there’s JESUS, ALLAH AND SATAN? Oyah ask yourself why too?
Don’t you think they’re myth also? That was laid down for you to guide your ways cry
Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by tianshie(m): 5:19pm On May 13, 2022
MisterKennedy:

Hi dear

Which city are you chatting from

Akure.

1 Like

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by TooGod247(m): 5:34pm On May 13, 2022
TheWolfen:
John 2 verse 3-5. ( NKJV )

obedience is better than sacrifice cool

My brother stop using scriptures to quote what does not relate to the story pls respect the word of God, ' Bible ' thank you
Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by Solosolojohquay: 6:32pm On May 13, 2022
This world is mystery dead body senior dead body just like someone said some people have been fortified with many spirit when they died they are not really dead my wife dad was,buried in a Catholic cementry she used to go and cried in his grave everytime she needed money because the father died when she was 20 and was in school the father appeared to her in dream not to come there again because some ghost didn't like it bec

3 Likes

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by Solosolojohquay: 6:35pm On May 13, 2022
Because she was disturbing them she wouldn't stop going until one day while she was there a whirlwind almost carried her she run out of the cemetery at high speed she could not forget the incidence till today

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ooni Ogunwusi & His Wife Collect Offering At A Church In UK (Photos) / The Great Songhai Empire / DPO Segun Fagbohun Dies In Lagos Hospital (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.