Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,337 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:00 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (2210) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5428192 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2207) (2208) (2209) (2210) (2211) (2212) (2213) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 8:17am On Feb 27, 2021
nonut:

Your sarcasm and arrogance is noted.
Is there anything else?

Oh dear, my brother if you know me in person you will not be so quick to judge me out of context. It really broke me that you took my question out of context.

This is an FTA forum and I humbled myself to gain from you, because I was so excited to get a new info of something interesting to track today. But you went ballistic on me, anyway nor vex , I thought we all are operating under a one love family. I never knew that asking a question to gain more Makes me an arrogant person. Anyway God bless you for passing such a quick and hash judgement on someone who took you as a friend.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ajaymina(m): 9:02am On Feb 27, 2021
Digitman:

Oh dear, my brother if you know me in person you will not be so quick to judge me out of context. It really broke me that you took my question out of context.

This is an FTA forum and I humbled myself to gain from you, because I was so excited to get a new info of something interesting to track today. But you went ballistic on me, anyway nor vex , I thought we all are operating under a one love family. I never knew that asking a question to gain more Makes me an arrogant person. Anyway God bless you for passing such a quick and hash judgement on someone who took you as a friend.

Pls Digitman let it slide off the waste pipe...I am sure he is a newbie or one of the enemies of progress we have.

Remember, the world is full of !d!otz that you are entitled to meet one per day...

U r more than one of the best resourceful person infact beyond human comprehension as far as FTA is concern.

I was pissed when I read his comment about u.

Don't mind him bro...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 9:15am On Feb 27, 2021
ajaymina:

Pls Digitman let it slide off the waste pipe...I am sure he is a newbie or one of the enemies of progress we have.

Remember, the world is full of !d!otz that you are entitled to meet one per day...

U r more than one of the best resourceful person infact beyond human comprehension as far as FTA is concern.

I was pissed when I read his comment about u.

Don't mind him bro...

My brother, it's a one love family and so it must continue, at some point people will read wrong meanings to your words but it's left for you to either explain with maturity or start a fight that does not help the forum in anyway to move forward. As for me, I am here to help whenever I can and still to get from both new and old, because nobody has all the time in the world to know it all. Though sadly not everybody gets that, but then life must go on because our brains is not wired the same, when it comes to processing things.

The same circumstances that made one man feel so terribly bad and hopeless about life. Is the same circumstances a comedian use to give us a narrative that makes us laugh.

The guy is still my friend and I will still be glad if he tells us what he is enjoying with his 1.8. Because FTA to me is very infectious and you can never get enough
So any news about something interesting is always exciting for me to hear. One love

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 9:42am On Feb 27, 2021
Yinka4dad:
Good day house s I need help am unable to track Tara tv pls kindly explain how to get it and it's to thank you

How I wish you stated some of the satellite you have been able to track around that axis. Then I would have use it as an easy guide.

So please forgive me if I use what you already know as a guide.

If you have tracked nigcomsat 42.5 degree east before. Then all you have to do when in that exact position is to bring/ slide your dish down like 2 inches, the signal will pop up, then you tweak for more signal strength.

If it's is joy tv position you have perfected in tracking. Then standing behind your dish, shift your dish between one to two inches to your left, then slide it down to like 8 To 9 inches, the signal will pop up.

If it is dstv position you have perfected in tracking, then shift your dish about an inch to your left then slid it down to about 6 Inches, the signal will pop up.

Also if you are interested in having a mental picture of what that position looks like. It's almost completely down like former mytv position 68.5 east not absolutely but relatively.

By the way use

11090 v 30000 to track

Your LNB should be at 3.0 clock.

Happy tracking

Below is a visual image if need be ( the blue dish)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sekzy99(m): 10:41am On Feb 27, 2021
Am not really a sport fan that much. Just need the FTA at home for my family (
For wife and kids programmes)
Have dstv and gotv but am tired of monthly subs. Just need movies, cartoon and few stations showing)

Digitman:

My brother I am going to summarize everything that has been pointed out about FTA in the 2207 pages you missed before you came here to ask about it.

Here are the key points

* If you're a die hard sports fan, get yourself a multichoice decoder (dstv) because fta will either not give you the ability to Watch all the matches or end up disappointing you. Because the station you where hoping to watch it from suddenly goes off, did not show it, scrambled or completely disappeared.

*so see FTA as a second option which would not have been a first option for die hard sports fans. If money for sub was never an issue and as such must learn to deal with the disappointment or dissatisfaction that will always come with it.

*But can always find happiness with it, just knowing that it's a free gift and should be appreciated for what it really is.

*However if they cannot come to terms with that... then, the person should be ready to keep investing on whatever the FTA market throws at you to quench the taste and hunger to watch that premium content for free. Which again can still break some people's hearts, that have not really accepted FTA for what it really is.

Further more, it will lead to you having multiple dishes just to face all kind of directions. So as to have multiple options to be able to view what you want at one particular point in time or to keep you not totally bored whenever you put on your TV.

* Then, you might find yourself having two, three or even five decoders in your house. Just because each has the ability to do what the other cannot do and you accumulate it as time goes by.

* At the end you start thinking of how to create a balance with all the options that exist in the past and the new ones that keep popping up much later.

To be continued....
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by nonut: 11:49am On Feb 27, 2021
Digitman:

Take your fake humility and shove it.
You probably think you're addressing a kid.
If you want to ridicule me, you have to do better.
Get off my mention.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lala5yuru: 11:55am On Feb 27, 2021
adubam:

Parlor decoder is Csat 8 pro+ because it has LNBF OUT port

Inner decoder is Strong 4950H it does not have LNBF OUT port.

So LNBF OUT from Csat 8 pro+ connected to LNBF IN of 4950H
sir,can you change channels with the inner decoder when the c sat pro + is switch off?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by 1kinggy(m): 12:57pm On Feb 27, 2021
Digitman:

How I wish you stated some of the satellite you have been able to track around that axis. Then I would have use it as an easy guide.

If you have tracked nigcomsat 42.5 degree east before. Then all you have to do when in that exact position is to bring/ slide your dish down like 2 inches, the signal will pop up, then you tweak for more signal strength.

If it's is joy tv position you have perfected in tracking. Then standing behind your dish, shift your dish between one to two inches to your left, then slide it down to like 8 To 9 inches, the signal will pop up.

If it is dstv position you have perfected in tracking, then shift your dish about an inch to your left then slid it down to about 6 Inches, the signal will pop up.

Also if you are interested in having a mental picture of what that position looks like. It's almost completely down like former mytv position 68.5 east not absolutely but relatively.

By the way use

11090 v 30000 to track

Happy tracking

Please can I combine nigcomsat 42e with Tara TV @51.5e. I am currently on 51.5e but missing some programs on 42e. I have a spare LNB.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dlollyboi: 1:06pm On Feb 27, 2021
1kinggy:

Please can I combine nigcomsat 42e with Tara TV @51.5e. I am currently on 51.5e but missing some programs on 42e. I have a spare LNB.
Yh just place the lnb below it about 4cm distance in between

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dlollyboi: 1:07pm On Feb 27, 2021
Digitman:

By the way use

11090 v 30000 to track

Happy tracking

Oga how many dish u get for �
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dlollyboi: 1:12pm On Feb 27, 2021
Digitman:

PROCEED BUT MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A STEADY SOURCE OF ELECTRICITY BEFORE DOING SO.

because if the light goes off during upgrade, it will be a sad story.

As for me, I have always done such with three methods to avoid stories that touch.

First is to connect the decoder to a ups

Second is to use generator

Third was to on my inverter.

Though I won't say I have not use nepa when I was too lazy to go switch to solar. But I always notice that the duration of that few minutes of upgrade, has always made me hold my breath. Because the nepa in my area can be so annoying at some point. Lol
If light goes off during upgrade, it can still be revived via rs232 or ch341a programmer but it's always better to be on the safe side using uninterrupted supply as you've advised.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dlollyboi: 1:21pm On Feb 27, 2021
nonut:

Take your fake humility and shove it.
You probably think you're addressing a kid.
If you want to ridicule me, you have to do better.
Get off my mention.
You actually behaving like a kid! He asked what interesting station you got with your 1.8m, is that too much to ask after all we hear for information and enlightenment. Kindly find somewhere to bury your ego, we don't need such attitude in here!

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 1:33pm On Feb 27, 2021
dlollyboi:

If light goes off during upgrade, it can still be revived via rs232 or ch341a programmer but it's always better to be on the safe side using uninterrupted supply as you've advised.
Depending on the decoder o. Back then, when hand still de scratch me. I have destroyed a decoder like that. Up till today, I used the parts (signal ic, power pack etc) but the panel condemned o. The interruption affected the ic. It will just show - - - - when you load the software. Last last, na maibola I dash.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by god2baski(m): 1:57pm On Feb 27, 2021
dlollyboi:

Yh just place the lnb below it about 4cm distance in between
Bro you said 4cm, shouldn't it be about 8cm or so, if you substract 51.5 from 42. just asking?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by nonut: 2:02pm On Feb 27, 2021
dlollyboi:

You actually behaving like a kid! He asked what interesting station you got with your 1.8m, is that too much to ask after all we hear for information and enlightenment. Kindly find somewhere to bury your ego, we don't need such attitude in here!
Last time I checked, my reply wasn't to you.
You can practice your herd mentality attitude with someone else.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by god2baski(m): 2:05pm On Feb 27, 2021
nonut:
Last time I checked, my reply wasn't to you. You can practice your herd mentality attitude with someone else.
Guy, come off it.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by nonut: 2:24pm On Feb 27, 2021
god2baski:

Guy, come off it.
I'm trying bro, but his blind fans won't see what he did.
It's like trying to tell a Wizkid fan, "Made in Lagos" album is wack. grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dlollyboi: 3:46pm On Feb 27, 2021
god2baski:

Bro you said 4cm, shouldn't it be about 8cm or so, if you substract 51.5 from 42. just asking?
It doesn't work like that Sire that's the degree. It's like an arc and chord, the length of an arc is more than that of its chord
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dlollyboi: 3:52pm On Feb 27, 2021
nonut:

I'm trying bro, but his blind fans won't see what he did.
It's like trying to tell a Wizkid fan, "Made in Lagos" album is wack. grin
What he said wrong, you can't say
What's interesting on 1.8m, you can't point out anything
Oga u get problem!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by god2baski(m): 4:38pm On Feb 27, 2021
dlollyboi:

It doesn't work like that Sire that's the degree. It's like an arc and chord, the length of an arc is more than that of its chord
So in the case of 45/46 with 51% as primary, how many cm will that be, between the two lnb?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Spy360(m): 4:40pm On Feb 27, 2021
@nonot

Here's why you need to own up as a man and tender an apology to a fellow FTA enthusiast.

This was what you posted...

nonut:

If you live in your own house or a house without the landlord living in it, you can buy a 1.8m dish.
You can join cband and Ku band together in one dish, to get more interesting channels.

Digitman then asked a question, in fact he said he was 'curious'...

Digitman:

I am curious, what interesting stations will the 1.8 give or better still which satellite position will the 1.8 be facing to get the interesting stations ?

Your response was off, ...
nonut:

Your sarcasm and arrogance is noted.
Is there anything else?

Let's assume it was a misunderstanding. Reach out and God bless you. One love.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by cabes007: 5:10pm On Feb 27, 2021
[quote author=Digitman post=99455846]

By the way use

11090 v 30000 to track

Happy tracking

Bros pls my CBC Sport HD and İdman TV
Dosnt show during life march even wen I try to put biss key any solution sir
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dlollyboi: 5:38pm On Feb 27, 2021
god2baski:

So in the case of 45/46 with 51% as primary, how many cm will that be, between the two lnb?
The estimate I give are just rough estimation, you need to try it out. It should about 2-3cm
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 6:04pm On Feb 27, 2021
dlollyboi:

Oga how many dish u get for �

My brother nor mind me oh, na FTA madness just catch me like 10 years back when Google direct me come this place.

I first rush go buy strong 4663 and two 60 CM dish... I rush come back to this place, I hear of c-band, I run go buy 1.8m dish.. I rush come back again, I hear of mbc, osn and micro box... Quickly I connect someone here based in Lagos. I buy 2.4 metre. The dish nor catch osn and bein sport well, na so, I rush go onitsha market for east go buy 3metre dish. That one come finally catch am.

After a while I just dismantle everything, go buy dstv keep for house.

Funny enough, it was when I start being active again in this forum ten years after, that I decided to go parking store, bring them out. So as to dey updated, just to fit they answer questions that pops up, from the newbies or ideas or new info on sat position.

The same reason I was curious about the young man info, but he still chooses to be a funny guy. Which is nice though.

Anyway to answer your question, I just counted three 90cm dish, one 2.4metre, one 3metre , then 1m and 1.8 dey for parking store. This FTA can really make one look crazy. Sometimes my wife will just be asking me one question all the time. " so this dstv in this house is not enough for you to watch? " why do you keep turning dish up and down and still you end up not really watching anything ? Then I will reply, it's an old habit that refuse to die na. Lol..

Forgive my long long talk. I just wan make we gist small

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adubam(m): 6:13pm On Feb 27, 2021
lala5yuru:
sir,can you change channels with the inner decoder when the c sat pro + is switch off?

Yes. Anything you can do with normal connected decoder
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 6:20pm On Feb 27, 2021
sekzy99:
Am not really a sport fan that much. Just need the FTA at home for my family (
For wife and kids programmes)
Have dstv and gotv but am tired of monthly subs. Just need movies, cartoon and few stations showing)

If that's the case, you can always find something for wife and kids on FTA.

On that note just buy

Strong 497s decoder.

Two to three dishes.

Face your dishes to

51.5 east for mytv channels and other channels will be added unto it on that sat

28.2 east , second dish, gtv sports plus and so many other channels there

7east /16 east / 42.5 east, a choice you and your installer have to make for the third dish.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dlollyboi: 7:15pm On Feb 27, 2021
Digitman:

My brother nor mind me oh, na FTA madness just catch me like 10 years back when Google direct me come this place.

I first rush go buy strong 4663 and two 60 CM dish... I rush come back to this place, I hear of c-band, I run go buy 1.8m dish.. I rush come back again, I hear of mbc, osn and micro box... Quickly I connect someone here based in Lagos. I buy 2.4 metre. The dish nor catch osn and bein sport well, na so, I rush go onitsha market for east go buy 3metre dish. That one come finally catch am.

Funny enough, it was when I start being active again in this forum ten years after, that I decided to go parking store, bring them out. So as to dey updated, just to fit they answer questions that pops up, from the newbies or ideas or new info on sat position.

The same reason I was curious about the young man info, but he still chooses to be a funny guy. Which is nice though.

Anyway to answer your question, I just counted three 90cm dish, one 2.4metre, one 3metre , then 1m and 1.8 dey for parking store. This FTA can really make one look crazy. Sometimes my wife will just be asking me one question all the time. " so this dstv in this house is not enough for you to watch? " why do you keep turning dish up and down and still you end up not really watching anything ? Then I will reply, it's an old habit that refuse to die na. Lol..

Oga u dey try o. Na only one 1m, one 0.9m, one 0.6m I get. I'm planning to get 5m bud cuz that's what will get almost all the whole package in South West.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 7:26pm On Feb 27, 2021
dlollyboi:

Oga u dey try o. Na only one 1m, one 0.9m, one 0.6m I get. I'm planning to get 5m bud cuz that's what will get almost all the whole package in South West.

My brother me and you dey the same boat. At least e go make the account in my Hello box8, I just bought not too long ago dey useful. After that one I go just retire for this FTA Matter.

According to Timaya " I can kill myself oh" Lol

But come to think of it, that possibility of being able to watch FTA channels on your computer or phone, data free and without disturbing anybody for middle of the night, or just to relax for backyard. That comes with hello box 8 sweet like crazy.

A feature I have always dreamt of way back. Is really a must have for people like us. I no longer watch programs direct from TV again. With my earpiece plug in.... I find myself in my own zone with no distraction whatsoever or that time you have friends come over and you guys just feel like chilling outside, within the compound and the laptop go just dey stream the channels. See efizy , haha.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sekzy99(m): 7:46pm On Feb 27, 2021
Thanks boss. I really appreciate. Will go for 2 dishes. Is 90cm OK for both dish?
Digitman:

If that's the case, you can always find something for wife and kids on FTA.

On that note just buy

Strong 497s decoder.

Two to three dishes.

Face your dishes to

51.5 east for mytv channels and other channels will be added unto it on that sat

28.2 east , second dish, gtv sports plus and so many other channels there

7east /16 east / 42.5 east, a choice you and your installer have to make for the third dish.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dlollyboi: 8:26pm On Feb 27, 2021
Digitman:

My brother me and you dey the same boat. At least e go make the account in my Hello box8, I just bought not too long ago dey useful. After that one I go just retire for this FTA Matter.

According to Timaya " I can kill myself oh" Lol

But come to think of it, that possibility of being able to watch FTA channels on your computer or phone, data free and without disturbing anybody for middle of the night, or just to relax for backyard. That comes with hello box 8 sweet like crazy.

A feature I have always dreamt of way back. Is really a must have for people like us. I no longer watch programs direct from TV again. With my earpiece plug in.... I find myself in my own zone with no distraction whatsoever or that time you have friends come over and you guys just feel like chilling outside, within the compound and the laptop go just dey stream the channels. See efizy , haha.
The efizy too much my brother, I also experienced it when I ported an hellobox firmware on my csat c8 pro+ and it's really cool
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SegaWarrior: 10:01pm On Feb 27, 2021
Digitman:

Thanks man, I was able to update my software on 4950H using ur guide. God bless
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by nonut: 10:44pm On Feb 27, 2021
Spy360:
@nonot

Here's why you need to own up as a man and tender an apology to a fellow FTA enthusiast.

This was what you posted...

Digitman then asked a question, in fact he said he was 'curious'...

Your response was off, ...

Let's assume it was a misunderstanding. Reach out and God bless you. One love.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2207) (2208) (2209) (2210) (2211) (2212) (2213) ... (2351) (Reply)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104