Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,467 members, 7,850,619 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:05 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (380) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5474295 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) ... (2352) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adimek2002(m): 5:05pm On Jul 12, 2013
Thanks for the prompt response
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lincolnola: 5:27pm On Jul 12, 2013
lincolnola: TO THE GURUS
Has anyone nailed Badr5 @26°e and amos5 together on 60cm dish? and if yes, what's the trick.thanks

Gurus,kindly answer this quest. God bless you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olaade21: 5:37pm On Jul 12, 2013
@olenyi
[/quote]@olenyi,i have been following the threads on FTA with passion and it seems you are the person to call on if i need one installed.
I already have DSTV installed in my home but would like to get the strong 4922A decoder and would like to have you install it or recommend someone that can do a perfect job.
my email is toorich_thang@yahoo.com
Please send me a shout out.You really rock.[quote]
i did get your email but funny enough it came blank.no message body.can you try resending me an email.
Thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by uchechuwku: 5:50pm On Jul 12, 2013
zobo-i-zee:
4922A box is okay on the average.I have one too. Sharing internet with it thru wifi using my andriod fone hotsports and can record hip hop jamz thru usb flash at the same time using internet radio via usb hub. I have watched latest movies too using youtube, manage diff file format well for video n audio, good photos thru picasa,dongle is ok ,cccam,gscam, map n hardstation 123 but 2 needs fixing. Am using 1.26p

I heard 4992A is not an original decoder from strong. That an OTA can kill it.
House, please, how true is this
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Boadu: 6:33pm On Jul 12, 2013
Please Freshp,Olenyi,Obnelly,Odilebe& other Gurus, for clarification & educative purposes, let see your answer to this question: Can someone use a software to upgrade his 69X to the standards of HDrx,22;22A,4930 ?
freshp:
It's a fact that the 69x cant handle that high a symbol rate....upgrade to a HD rx{'22,22A,4930 etc}
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lovala(m): 6:52pm On Jul 12, 2013
Boadu: Please Freshp,Olenyi,Obnelly,Odilebe& other Gurus, for clarification & educative purposes, let see your answer to this question: Can someone use a software to upgrade his 69X to the standards of HDrx,22;22A,4930 ?
One word answer: NO! Just buy an HD box to solve all your wahala. I no get o but I don see how d tin dey work and ... man na total enjoy dey go, sha!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by upright2010: 7:17pm On Jul 12, 2013
thanks for ur kindness oga Olenyi may God increase ur wisdom n knowledge. But how can i get the code for each channel and that for d receiver. U can make use of my email if it's nt room discussion. I'm most grateful.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Boadu: 7:24pm On Jul 12, 2013
Have you successfully upgraded your decoder to a newer version? So far Irib Varzesh is the only channel whose biss key is important.
upright2010: thanks for ur kindness oga Olenyi may God increase ur wisdom n knowledge. But how can i get the code for each channel and that for d receiver. U can make use of my email if it's nt room discussion. I'm most grateful.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 7:25pm On Jul 12, 2013
Boadu: I though the Srt 4922A is the best so far!!! I'm planning to add some amount to my srt4330 and excahange it for 4922A! But for the 4330 software which Mr Olenyi has offered me, I would have gone to my dealer for the exchange by now. Can someone briefly list some features which 4922A possesses but other strong models lack? Brief explanation is humbly sollicited from Gurus. @ Mr Olenyi, thank you very much for coming to the aid of we the handicapp!!! May God bless you for honouring any question or resquest posed to you in this great forum,NAIRALAND.

If ur dealer can still collect dat receiver back, i'll advise u to run to him sharp sharp and return it and collect a 4922 or 4922A. Its an HD receiver and way better than the 4330 which is just an mpeg4 receiver though its picture and sound output is almost at par with an HD. The 4922/A is much more versatile.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 7:30pm On Jul 12, 2013
olaade21:
my email is toorich_thang@yahoo.com
Please send me a shout out.You really rock.

olaade21: @olenyi @olenyi,i
i did get your email but funny enough it came blank.no message body.can you try resending me an email.
Thanks.

Yes. It was a blank email. Just so u know my email as u requested. But did u answer my question about ur location? undecided

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 7:37pm On Jul 12, 2013
upright2010: thanks for ur kindness oga Olenyi may God increase ur wisdom n knowledge. But how can i get the code for each channel and that for d receiver. U can make use of my email if it's nt room discussion. I'm most grateful.

What station are u looking for its biss? First track the sat, get the channel, upgrade ur receiver and then come back and request for the biss and it will be provided for u.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ezo4fta(m): 9:10pm On Jul 12, 2013
tayokay: . Likewise I'm having d same problem wt my srt 4996x decoder.
it is because you ar using original software from strong. for it to work go to crosat nd download the software for your decoder
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 9:48pm On Jul 12, 2013
I will track-down all sat receivable in sub-Sahara /west afica next week with my 2.5mesh.. cheesy

While my 2.4m Pan dish will be upgraded to 3m pan dish for fringe reception in Enugu ,will report my finding,soon! grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Boadu: 10:13pm On Jul 12, 2013
We patiently wait for your findings.
odilibe: I will track-down all sat receivable in sub-Sahara /west afica next week with my 2.5mesh.. cheesy

While my 2.4m Pan dish will be upgraded to 3m pan dish for fringe reception in Enugu ,will report my finding,soon! grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by staddos: 11:10pm On Jul 12, 2013
odilibe: I will track-down all sat receivable in sub-Sahara /west afica next week with my 2.5mesh.. cheesy

Go bro knock those birds down with all your might and let the house know your exploits. How do you upgrade a 2.4m pan to 3m pan dishI? Is it a locally made 2.4m pan dish? I am interested please post pictures when you are through.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 11:35pm On Jul 12, 2013
@ odilibe if u are back home ur ar highly welcome bro! Or if u are on the way journey mercy!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kd10: 11:58pm On Jul 12, 2013
@ Sir King George_D i read back page 293 & see ur works on Cband tracking /signal with Strong K5 or K6 Cband lnb.pls is it different from Strong 15.k Cband lnb?if yes should i go for it? to solve the signal issue i ask about ealier Thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GHONE: 12:24am On Jul 13, 2013
I'm very happy to have retuned to see Nairaland more vibrant than ever. Fellas, keep the FTA fire burning!!! GH-ONE is busily defending his Mphil thesis. See you next week!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GHONE: 12:32am On Jul 13, 2013
Strong C-Band 15K is good when used with the required dish size for a particular footprint. Focus more on the dish size rather than the LNB.
kd10: @ Sir King George_D i read back page 293 & see ur works on Cband tracking /signal with Strong K5 or K6 Cband lnb.pls is it different from Strong 15.k Cband lnb?if yes should i go for it? to solve the signal issue i ask about ealier Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kingchis(m): 1:20am On Jul 13, 2013
gud mawnin gurus in the house..juxt wanted 2 kwn if can track bard4 cuz ah juxtd checked tracksat.com nw and ah was wonderinq if anyone av tried dat bird cux dy av almost all d mbc nd some sport hd station dat re on fta even bard6 wit both on 26e also wat size of dish dat can b used 2 track those bird.....
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lincolnola: 7:19am On Jul 13, 2013
[quote author=lincolnola]

Gurus,kindly answer this quest. God bless you
Please I need response
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lincolnola: 7:23am On Jul 13, 2013
lincolnola: TO THE GURUS
Has anyone nailed Badr5 @26°e and amos5 together on 60cm dish? and if yes, what's the trick.thanks

Gurus,
kindly answer this quest before I venture into the tracking.God bless you.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 7:27am On Jul 13, 2013
Boadu: We patiently wait for your findings.
cool
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 7:38am On Jul 13, 2013
staddos:
Go bro knock those birds down with all your might and let the house know your exploits. How do you upgrade a 2.4m pan to 3m pan dishI?
not actually an upgrade....I will be buying a complete 3m pan dish for better signal...cheers
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 7:50am On Jul 13, 2013
Jackobite: @ odilibe if u are back home ur ar highly welcome bro! Or if u are on the way journey mercy!
@jackobite, thanks ...currently I am in Lagos/Nigeria...cheers grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Abdulyoung111: 9:01am On Jul 13, 2013
olenyi:

Go to this link

http://crosat.us/upload/index.php?&direction=0&order=mod&directory=Strong%20Receivers/Strong%20WIZKID%20Files/Strong%204%20Africa

Look for the file compatible with ur machine and download. Afterwards, unzip to get a file with .stb extension. Then copy to a virus free flash. Plug to ur receiver, go to menu, setting, data transfer, ok, select firmware upgrade and allow to initialize. Select the software on ur flash and allow to upgrade. Afterwards, switch it off and on again and u're good.

NB: don't use PHCN for this process as ur receiver will pack up should the light blink. Use gen.

Regards.
I beg hw many minute wil it take in upgrading d strong receiver i mean 4669xII
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by bamboutos(f): 9:23am On Jul 13, 2013
Hi Lovala, Confirm if this is still your number 7761**44. I'll like to tchat with you either through phone or messenger. Let me know went you are available this week-end
Regards
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 9:24am On Jul 13, 2013
welcome home Odilibe
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Mallamovye(m): 10:41am On Jul 13, 2013
obnelly: welcome home Odilibe
pls gurus in the house any hope of pre season match on man utd today
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kd10: 11:35am On Jul 13, 2013
[quote author=GH-ONE]Strong C-Band 15K is good when used with the required dish size for a particular footprint. Focus more on the dish size rather than the LNB.@Gh-one good to hear from you again surely u will come out with Joy.Back to d issue its all about IRIB Package signal Green/Red on&off on 1M with Modify LNB holder,Oda Tip r 65% so am trying up it to 70% 2enable IRIB Stabilse so hopefully i will Achive it dis weekend not gonna give up.@Odilibe Onye Ije Nno" we r looking 4ward to it. Viva Fta.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kd10: 11:56am On Jul 13, 2013
@George_D First Thanks 4 ur Reply ealier i read back page 293 & see ur works on Cband tracking /signal with Strong K5orK6 Cband lnb.pls is it different from Strong 15.k Cband lnb?if yes should i go for it? to solve the signal issue i ask about ealier Thanks. [/quote] cry[quote author=kd10]@ Sir King George_D i read back page 293 & see ur works on Cband tracking /signal with Strong K5 or K6 Cband lnb.pls is it different from Strong 15.k Cband lnb?if yes should i go for it? to solve the signal issue.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by upright2010: 1:12pm On Jul 13, 2013
olenyi:

What station are u looking for its biss? First track the sat, get the channel, upgrade ur receiver and then come back and request for the biss and it will be provided for u.

Regards.
thanks sir, as soon as am ready i'l definately get bk to u. But kindly help me with d patch for 69x, 69xii, 22 n 22A i think u have my email? Thank u sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) ... (2352) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.