Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,536 members, 7,837,057 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (483) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5460679 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by faithchild: 8:49pm On Oct 26, 2013
Akinige:
my broda am nt discouragin you ooo , try to get at least 1.2 - 1.8 cm dish to reduce d stress ,irib is vry vry easy to nail with bigger dish.
Regard.
keep trying,i think,irib is sturbon,it flashes in 90 cm and my 04054 was 60% and aoula was 63%,but i got it most time on 90 cm dish,i wull try it again,your lnb is too upfront,move it back ward a bit,may be it might help.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by drandonzero(m): 9:21pm On Oct 26, 2013
R2bees: CNN is back
From where to where?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adewunmis(m): 10:29pm On Oct 26, 2013
Xpset:

I order direct from china price in Nigeria maybe 2500-3000k
can u pls post d pics 4 us 2 see how it look like
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by iykmora(m): 10:42pm On Oct 26, 2013
sammu: @iykmora, the neck might be an issue. But also ur focal lenght is not right. Try sliding the lnb in a little and also skew ur lnb to 11 oclock
thanks bro, i did exactly what you said by pushin the lnb inwards and skewed it @ 11 0'clock, the signal increased to 60, when i put the dielectric plate it jumped to 63% for 4055H27500. Thatz a surprise so i cued in the irib tp but it flashed green and disappeared. I tried tweaking but in vain. Does anyone know where i can get a conical scalar ring? I am in imo state.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi1(m): 10:48pm On Oct 26, 2013
kapable75: Pls o i need help!! Diz evening i finished watching manu match on joysport and decide to change d channel and immediately phcn just took d lite and brought it immediately and behold... All the channels just disappeared and i tried tracking bak with d little readings av done here and was able 2 get ait, rdv, ourtv and others.... But d mytv (containing all those church channels) and multi tv were no where to be found.... Pls what do i do thanks in advance

olenyi:

As a follow up.

FOLLOW THIS INSTRUCTION PRECISELY.

Go to your dishes and carefully note the ''Diseqc port'' numbers where the mytv dish (the dish that is facing vertically) is plugged. Also note the one for multi tv ( the one facing up).

Now switch on your decoder. Press menu on your remote, ''ok'', enter 4 zero's if pin code is requested. Select dish settings.

On satellite, select 68'e intelsat 20 ku. Scroll down to Diseqc settings and change the two settings for Diseqc to the ''port number'' you noted outside for the mytv dish.

Scroll up to the satellite option again and scroll to 28.2''e astra 1N/2abd. you will be required to save or not save, select yes to save.

When you get to astra 1N/2abd, scroll down to Diseqc setting again and change the two settings to the corresponding number you also noted outside for multi tv. Exit and save.

Now go down to ''blind scanning'' and select. Select satellites ''intelsat 20 ku'' and ''astra 1N/2abd'' ( when you select, the satellite name would be highlighted with an orange colour or so). When you've selected the two satellites, press the right volume button ONCE, and press ''ok'' on ''start scan''.

Allow to scan and exit to home screen afterwards.

You are home and dry.

Have a nice weekend.

Regards.

You shouldn't have touched your dish. Now you've got to retrack multi tv.

Go here and read up.

https://www.nairaland.com/1337636/pls-me-installation-settings-position

olenyi:
First of all couple the dish together (dis might be difficult except u look at ur neighbours already coupled own). Locate ur ''east'' from ur proposed dish mount point (making sure u have a clear line of sight to the horizon up to the sky). Mount ur dish (also looking at ur neighbours own for the exact mount setting)Then fix the metallic f connector at both ends of ur cable. Screw one end to the lnb at the front of the dish. Get an extension box to help bring ur ''mains'' to a point near ur mounted dish. bring out ur tv to the dish point and put it on. Connect ur receiver also to the extension box. Now screw on the other end of the cable to the point at the back panel of ur receiver labeled ''lnb input''. Connect the av wires and put it on also. (IT VERY IMPORTANT U FOLLOW THE SEQUENCE OF MY INSTRUCTIONS.)
Now as the receiver is a new one, ''ok'' every option on the screen until u get to the home screen and u see ''no or bad signal'' press menu on the remote. Press ok. Enter 4 zero's for the pin and scroll down to manual scan. Press ok. Now using the right volume button, start scrolling through the satellites until u get ''astra 1N/2abd. When u get it, scroll down to frequency and using the left volume button now, start lookin for 12.5 something something. Press zero when u get it and select edit. Enter 12.523. Scroll down to ''symbol rate'' and enter 27042. Hand the ''polarization'' to ''v'' if its not so.
Phew!!!!!
If u've gotten to this point, Then u're doing great.
Now go to ur dish. And standing at the back of the dish or hanging from a ladder, (and with ur eyes on the two red signal bars at the top right hand side of ur screen) and with ur lnb positioned in such a way dat the point with u screwed on the cable is at 4 o'clock assuming u have an imaginary clock in ur head. Start raising the dish slowing up, up , up until it pointing to the sky still with ur eyes on the signal bar for when it will turn to green to indicate u've gotten a signal (remember it should be facing east). Bring it down slowly. Now shift the dish a tiny bit horizontal to the right. (remember u're at the back of the dish)
Take it up up up again and down. Right, up up up and down. Slowly. Keep at it until u hit green or until u get to ur south. If no green. Den start repeating the steps again but this time, shift horizontally to ur left.
When u hit green, adjust the dish a little to maximize the signal percentage and then tighten the 4 screws by the side of th dish and also the ones holding it to the pole arm all this while slowly and wit ur eyes on the signal so dat it doesn't go down.. When this is done, rotate the lnb a little clockwise and a little anticlockwise to get the best position for max signal and tighten.
Hmmm.... Tired now
We're almost dia.
When dis is done, press the red button to scan. Afterwards, exit everything until it starts showing at the home screen.
Regards.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adewunmis(m): 10:51pm On Oct 26, 2013
iykmora: 4
pls did u manage 2 get a good result dis lnb holder.i tried nailing irib dstv 1m i didn't get it,pls do i need 2 had d plate b4 i started tracking.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by electrotee: 5:48am On Oct 27, 2013
iykmora: thanks bro, i did exactly what you said by pushin the lnb inwards and skewed it @ 11 0'clock, the signal increased to 60, when i put the dielectric plate it jumped to 63% for 4055H27500. Thatz a surprise so i cued in the irib tp but it flashed green and disappeared. I tried tweaking but in vain. Does anyone know where i can get a conical scalar ring? I am in imo state.
Given the fact dat u reconstructed d lnb holder could hv been responsible for d difficulties u are going thru. Bear in mind dat accuracy is very important wen dealing with lnb holders because a slight shift from d focal point could make a large drop in signal.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 6:17am On Oct 27, 2013
olenyi1:

You shouldn't have touched your dish. Now you've got to retrack multi tv.

Go here and read up.

https://www.nairaland.com/1337636/pls-me-installation-settings-position

Regards.
thank u very very much. I really do appreciate
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kibukila(m): 6:26am On Oct 27, 2013
R2bees: CNN is back

Confirmed @36 on TING Package
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Stevolat: 6:38am On Oct 27, 2013
Abeg help me ooo,i try to insert d new multi tv symbol rate into my 69xii wot i see is invalid frequency. D connections are ok. Tanks in anticipatn
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by trek4000: 7:46am On Oct 27, 2013
Where can I buy a 22Khz switch,I want to use 2 diseqc'
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by rapthugx(m): 9:11am On Oct 27, 2013
iykmora: thanks bro, i did exactly what you said by pushin the lnb inwards and skewed it @ 11 0'clock, the signal increased to 60, when i put the dielectric plate it jumped to 63% for 4055H27500. Thatz a surprise so i cued in the irib tp but it flashed green and disappeared. I tried tweaking but in vain. Does anyone know where i can get a conical scalar ring? I am in imo state.
Which part of Imo state are u, u can go to new market Owerri to check for it, but if it is far frm u let me kno so I can help u. I am in Owerri. rapthugx@gmx.com
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by rapthugx(m): 9:42am On Oct 27, 2013
trek4000: Where can I buy a 22Khz switch,I want to use 2 diseqc'
Why not buy an 8 in 1 diseqc it is better cos it can take an additional 8 4 in 1 diseq if need be.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ABUTHAOBAN(m): 10:31am On Oct 27, 2013
Pls what is d tp and packages on d direction dat face d sky. Pls
kiss
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 10:37am On Oct 27, 2013
ABUTHAOBAN: Pls what is d tp and packages on d direction dat face d sky. Pls
kiss
I guess you are making a reference to Astra 4A@4.8e if yes, use 12015H29950.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 10:45am On Oct 27, 2013
Stevolat: Abeg help me ooo,i try to insert d new multi tv symbol rate into my 69xii wot i see is invalid frequency. D connections are ok. Tanks in anticipatn
Invalid frequency? I guess you are not on the correct sat. You might input it on a c band sat.
This is what you should do: select any of multi tv channels, press menu on your remote go to installation>manual scan, look for 12523v19531, press 0 on your remote there will be a dialogue box telling to add or edit. Select edit and change 19531 to 27000. Thats all.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ABUTHAOBAN(m): 10:49am On Oct 27, 2013
Thanks 4ur swift response. But pls wat are d channels it has and how to track pls
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 11:06am On Oct 27, 2013
ABUTHAOBAN: Thanks 4ur swift response. But pls wat are d channels it has and how to track pls
You can visit this page http://www.flysat.com/astra4a.php to see the available channels there.
If you are a beginner, visit the reference libary thread and then come back for more explanation.
Kind regards.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ABUTHAOBAN(m): 11:16am On Oct 27, 2013
I am not a begginer my broda but I want 2 be so sure b4 I track. Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 11:27am On Oct 27, 2013
ABUTHAOBAN: I am not a begginer my broda but I want 2 be so sure b4 I track. Thanks
The satellite is on the right side of that of w3a and also a little bit above it.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 12:01pm On Oct 27, 2013
ABUTHAOBAN: I am not a begginer my broda but I want 2 be so sure b4 I track. Thanks

If you are no beginner, you wouldn't be asking for how to track. Just refer to the thread @SULIEMAN3 told you to, for a detailed explanation.

No one knows it all. You bend down; you learn.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 12:13pm On Oct 27, 2013
Stream over 2000 HD/SD...FTA and Premium channel" live football match.. video on demand ...using broadband internet service...on big screen TV..free via android media box...coming soon!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Theloveth(m): 12:38pm On Oct 27, 2013
Data will be the main stumbling block in this our obodo naija.Nice initiative tho @mr odilibe
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by figment232(m): 12:48pm On Oct 27, 2013
odilibe: Stream over 2000 HD/SD...FTA and Premium channel" live football match.. video on demand ...using broadband internet service...on big screen TV..free via android media box...coming soon!
Pls kip me post on enapo49@yahoo.com
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 12:50pm On Oct 27, 2013
olenyi:

If you are no beginner, you wouldn't be asking for how to track. Just refer to the thread @SULIEMAN3 told you to, for a detailed explanation.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by figment232(m): 12:53pm On Oct 27, 2013
Pls can gurus in the house throw more light on d use of a decoder for internet browsing?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 1:57pm On Oct 27, 2013
figment232: Pls can gurus in the house throw more light on d use of a decoder for internet browsing?
forget about it,thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by iykmora(m): 2:18pm On Oct 27, 2013
rapthugx: Which part of Imo state are u, u can go to new market Owerri to check for it, but if it is far frm u let me kno so I can help u. I am in Owerri. rapthugx@gmx.com
isiala-Mbano, was at edimax to buy the lnb for c-band, but the guy said he doesn't have scalar ring. Will be going to new market on tuesday, so how much do you think it will cost? Thanks bro!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Akinige(m): 2:38pm On Oct 27, 2013
you are talkin of sirius 4.8 deg east 12022h 29946.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by rapthugx(m): 3:04pm On Oct 27, 2013
iykmora: isiala-Mbano, was at edimax to buy the lnb for c-band, but the guy said he doesn't have scalar ring. Will be going to new market on tuesday, so how much do you think it will cost? Thanks bro!
I don't know the price, just ask of Oga Emma, he is no doubt one of d biggest dealers in O town.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 4:25pm On Oct 27, 2013
olenyi:

Regards.

Point on. Nothing to add. Respect to you My bro Olenyi.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Stevolat: 5:23pm On Oct 27, 2013
SULIEMAN3: Invalid frequency? I guess you are not on the correct sat. You might input it on a c band sat.
This is what you should do: select any of multi tv channels, press menu on your remote go to installation>manual scan, look for 12523v19531, press 0 on your remote there will be a dialogue box telling to add or edit. Select edit and change 19531 to 27000. Thats all.
tanks bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.