Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,371 members, 7,850,343 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:04 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (548) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5473851 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) ... (2352) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by akplatnum2005(m): 3:04pm On Jul 08, 2014
Here is my sat-tracker(IDTV) is a device with AV in jack. Dis device suffice bringing out big tv to track. All i do is to connect my decoder to the AV and start tracking. U can also use laptop dvd most women carries around to watch babasuwe film. U can get one at alaba market.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by akplatnum2005(m): 4:21pm On Jul 08, 2014
@all gurus. How do i know an lnb is bad. Am about to buy some fairly used LNB from a friend who can't ascertain the condition of the lnb himself. Is there a techniques to test it?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by naijaobi(m): 5:34pm On Jul 08, 2014
graphicicon: @all, i will not keep quite till they respond to my request.
expect a ban soon.. Rule number 18.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Talenty(m): 5:35pm On Jul 08, 2014
nzeval: @blexxonmak . where in Nigeria can we buy. dis opentv receiver
I just contacted the seller in Nigeria. and he told me he sells for 25k, though it is out of stock now. He promised to contact me when the consignment arrives from SA.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 5:50pm On Jul 08, 2014
@akplatnum2005.The simplest and layman's way of doing this is to test on the dish.If you can receive signals both on the
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 5:54pm On Jul 08, 2014
@akplatnum2005.V and H polarizations,the lnb is good.Otherwise,it is faulty.I mean the test of mgbaduga lies in eating.

3 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lovala123: 6:46pm On Jul 08, 2014
Talenty: I just contacted the seller in Nigeria. and he told me he sells for 25k, though it is out of stock now. He promised to contact me when the consignment arrives from SA.
hello talenty: plz, can u get me ur contacts contact? lovala123@gmail.com i am also interestd in d OVHD box.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by loabb2(m): 6:47pm On Jul 08, 2014
dennisme: how many times have u upgraded it and what happened--- normal boot with all channels back or gone off completely?

Please I need TV3 biss code. My mail is datallianceinc@yahoo.com
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by akplatnum2005(m): 6:58pm On Jul 08, 2014
loabb2:

you have a mail.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by astanco(m): 7:02pm On Jul 08, 2014
guys my Infinity is fluctuating ie flashing on and off. other channels are steady on that 16°\17°E side
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by loabb2(m): 7:15pm On Jul 08, 2014
akplatnum2005: you have a mail.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Binsule(m): 7:26pm On Jul 08, 2014
akplatnum2005: @all gurus. How do i know an lnb is bad. Am about to buy some fairly used LNB from a friend who can't ascertain the condition of the lnb himself. Is there a techniques to test it?
Yes there is one.
1. The lnb it self.
2. 1meter Coxial cable wire.
3. Two RF connectors.

Take d lnb into ur apartment and connect one end of the cable to the lnb and the other end to ur receiver.
Goto menu installations .... Just like u want to track and keep ur eyes on the signal meter. If it move to 97% or so, then ur lnb is functioning...... Regards
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Talenty(m): 8:22pm On Jul 08, 2014
lovala123: hello talenty: plz, can u get me ur contacts contact? lovala123@gmail.com i am also interestd in d OVHD box.
Call the seller on 08135997393
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by miju(m): 5:26am On Jul 09, 2014
[quote author=odilibe]What's cooking [/quote

@odilibe pls i need ur assistance. i want to buy a remote controller replacementt for a humax hd nano hd+ satellite reciever. please how can you assist me cos i cant get it here in nigeria
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Bencoprof: 7:22am On Jul 09, 2014
Pls house,how many tp's are active on eutelsat16a@16e
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by akplatnum2005(m): 8:36am On Jul 09, 2014
astanco: guys my Infinity is fluctuating ie flashing on and off. other channels are steady on that 16°\17°E side
exactly what am experiencing here. Maybe is general
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by akplatnum2005(m): 8:42am On Jul 09, 2014
Binsule:
Yes there is one.
1. The lnb it self.
2. 1meter Coxial cable wire.
3. Two RF connectors.

Take d lnb into ur apartment and connect one end of the cable to the lnb and the other end to ur receiver.
Goto menu installations .... Just like u want to track and keep ur eyes on the signal meter. If it move to 97% or so, then ur lnb is functioning...... Regards
thanks boss, will do just that and report back.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 9:15am On Jul 09, 2014
@Binsule.The test is not conclusive in itself.Mind you the oscillator might be bad and signal stages gone down...

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 9:20am On Jul 09, 2014
@Binsule.To me testing for shorts,current tests,etc is no substitution to test by replacement.Fix the lnb on a working

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 9:24am On Jul 09, 2014
@Binsule.dish,connected to a working decoder and see if you can receive signals in both V and H transponders.

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by charleya: 11:57am On Jul 09, 2014
pls help my 4922a not bring up signal I have tested it with another decoder and it is bring signal please wats is the problem and how can I solve it
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 12:44pm On Jul 09, 2014
[quote author=miju][/quote]....you mean humax nano remote control and receiver
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ogojohn(m): 1:02pm On Jul 09, 2014
[quote author=graphicicon]@all, i will not keep quite till they respond to my request.[/quote I beg to disagree with you. If you are lookin for a person who will send the said device to you before you pay simply because you are afraid of losing your money, simply look elsewhere or take a bus to lagos. what of the person that will send the device to you. Among you two, Who is taking a greater risk? I plead that you stop spamming this thread or go ahead and do business with some who has expressed wishes to help you achieve your end. CASH AND CARRY is a business name. Some names here are worth more than gold. Make your findings and know who can give you what you want.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 1:16pm On Jul 09, 2014
Binsule:
you are correct..but some satellite receivers can't be able to identify bad lnb...more reason why i still keep my old strong x S satellite receiver, the signal quality meter reading will fluctuate when it spot a bad lnb...if it drops to 0% that means lnb won't pick signal, then signal meter reading gets stable if lnb is working or when lnb is disconnected from receiver ,though you don't need to put lnb on a dish..

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by tonididdy(m): 1:46pm On Jul 09, 2014
akplatnum2005: Here is my sat-tracker(IDTV) is a device with AV in jack. Dis device suffice bringing out big tv to track. All i do is to connect my decoder to the AV and start tracking. U can also use laptop dvd most women carries around to watch babasuwe film. U can get one at alaba market.
this is like a DVD player with av ports available....

I still think the traditional tracker is still better than this.as you don't need light to power up your decoders.the traditional trackers have inbuilt everything and its chargeable and portable.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by akplatnum2005(m): 1:47pm On Jul 09, 2014
@blexxonmak, @binsule, @odilibe. Thanks all for sharing your professional view. Will put all ideas shared to test. Viva fta
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by MyHiDsDaar: 3:17pm On Jul 09, 2014
hello house, and happy world cup fever, brazil get yellow fever now,anywhere, i would like to know if the mbc channels on nwa beam are still active, mine has been red since , i ve been using 1m dish to watch those channels in the SE thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Binsule(m): 3:26pm On Jul 09, 2014
MyHiDsDaar: hello house, and happy world cup fever, brazil get yellow fever now,anywhere, i would like to know if the mbc channels on nwa beam are still active, mine has been red since , i ve been using 1m dish to watch those channels in the SE thank you
The very last time I checked? Yes all mbc on NorthWestAfrica beam are still showing on 1meter.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ball22: 7:40pm On Jul 09, 2014
loabb2:

plz help as we'll my email is henryigwe17@gmail.com thankz in anticipation
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ogojohn(m): 8:30pm On Jul 09, 2014
blexxonmak: @Binsule.dish,connected to a working decoder and see if you can receive signals in both V and H transponders.
I CONCUR WITH YOU. HAVE HAD A SITUATION WHERE I BOUGHT A STRONG KU LNB. IT TURNED OUT THAT IT CAN ONLY GET SIGNALS ON THE H FREQUENCIES WHILE THE V SIGNALS AREN'T KICKING. YOU THEN IMAGINE HOW I WASTED MAN HOUR AND ENERGY UNTIL I REPLACED IT WITH THE OLDER ONE I HAD ONLY TO KNOW THAT THE NEW LNB IS FAULTY. TILL NOW IT IS STILL LAYING WASTE IN MY TOOL BOX .
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by twinskenny(m): 10:42pm On Jul 09, 2014
graphicicon: @twinskenny, bros put ur contact address and phone number so that i can contact you. You can call me on 08069338224.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dennisme: 12:09am On Jul 10, 2014
Ball22: plz help as we'll my email is henryigwe17@gmail.com thankz in anticipation
check mail

(1) (2) (3) ... (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) ... (2352) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: brainint

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.