Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,348 members, 7,954,407 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:24 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (549) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5584883 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) ... (2357) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by akplatnum2005(m): 12:59am On Jul 10, 2014
@blexxonmak, @binsule, @odilibe. Thanks all for sharing your professional view. I just put all ideas shared to test and honestly i was able to determine the bad one out of lnbs i tested. The signal dropped and started fluctuating. @all, thanks once again..Viva fta
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by graphicicon(m): 1:12am On Jul 10, 2014
twinskenny: 08051355133
@twinskenny, pls are u staying in Abuja or lagos or onitsha, or if have anybody u normally supply goods in Abuja, so that u can give me the phone number of the person so that i can meet the person to discuss with him inorder to be sure who am dealing with, if u do that for me i will appreciate it a lot, the reason why is because many people on this earth are not sincere, that why is hard to trust people now. Am waiting for your response, remember its Handheld sat finder KPT-968G here is my number 08069338224.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 1:41am On Jul 10, 2014
hmmmmmmmmmm.......
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 5:21am On Jul 10, 2014
blexxonmak: hmmmmmmmmmm.......
@blexxonmak i need ur view on one issue i have a 2.4 prime focus strong pan dish i want to increase it by adding 40cm to each of the segment to make each segment 1.6 then times two will give 3.2 in total is this possible what is ur think on this if the curve is perfect grin grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Talenty(m): 6:49am On Jul 10, 2014
graphicicon: @twinskenny, pls are u staying in Abuja or lagos or onitsha, or if have anybody u normally supply goods in Abuja, so that u can give me the phone number of the person so that i can meet the person to discuss with him inorder to be sure who am dealing with, if u do that for me i will appreciate it a lot, the reason why is because many people on this earth are not sincere, that why is hard to trust people now. Am waiting for your response, remember its Handheld sat finder KPT-968G here is my number 08069338224.
Why all these new craze about sat finder. As for me I prefer the natural tracking method (NTM). Tracking with TV. it gives me joy and fulfillment to watch the signal transform from red to green

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by miju(m): 6:59am On Jul 10, 2014
odilibe: ....you mean humax nano remote control and receiver

@odilibe i got the reciever (hd nano hd+ by astra with smart card inserted) from someone that brought in goods to my area but the remote control is missing. can you help me to get a replacement for the remote?

my email is adetunjiademiju@gmail.com
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by miju(m): 7:04am On Jul 10, 2014
odilibe: ....you mean humax nano remote control and receiver

i want just the remote control

you can get me instantly on my e mail: adetunjiademiju@gmail.com
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 8:00am On Jul 10, 2014
miju:
i want just the remote control
you can get me instantly on my e mail: adetunjiademiju@gmail.com
ok..humax remote is on the link below.. if you got another link, you can post it...www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=remote+control+humax

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by nzeval(m): 8:04am On Jul 10, 2014
pls who has information about where I can get openveiw HD receiver in Nigeria and how much does it go
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 8:17am On Jul 10, 2014
@Adex70.It is very possible.But d executn is not as simple as u might think.Perfectn means surface precision = 0.5mm rms

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 8:21am On Jul 10, 2014
@Adex70.The question is can you achieve that precision.If not it is all about waste of money,material and time.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ogojohn(m): 8:26am On Jul 10, 2014
Talenty: Why all these new craze about sat finder. As for me I prefer the natural tracking method (NTM). Tracking with TV. it gives me joy and fulfillment to watch the signal transform from red to green
Could have delivered that to him but the guy doesn't even trust himself why would another trust him.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by miju(m): 8:31am On Jul 10, 2014
odilibe: ok..humax remote is on the link below.. if you got another link, you can post it...www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=remote+control+humax

please will it also work for fta
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 8:33am On Jul 10, 2014
@Adex70.Secondly,u need 2 know d exact design parameters-Gain,Aperture Width,fd ratio,Feed Pattern(Edge Illuminatn,etc)

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 8:49am On Jul 10, 2014
@Adex70.You can now formulate the design equation which u will use to plot y values for x = 120 to x = 160cm
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 8:53am On Jul 10, 2014
@Adex70.Form ur jig and u are good to go.One last thing is that u have to devise how u gonna support d entire structure.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 9:35am On Jul 10, 2014
@nzeval.Read pg 547 carefully.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by zungwe93: 9:35am On Jul 10, 2014
Pls house, how can i know if a parabolic pan dish is 1m? Also, is the dish good for tracking MBC @ 7 degrees west? Pls i need answer.

Regards
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adedayor08(m): 9:58am On Jul 10, 2014
folks please I av an old 4meter fiber dish I wanna sell at a very cheap rate around okokomaiko Lagos .contact 08029630094/07061919957 if interested
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 10:58am On Jul 10, 2014
@zungwe93.Yes u can track 7"W with 1m offset depending on ur location.However,I would advice u to go for 120cm offset.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by graphicicon(m): 11:02am On Jul 10, 2014
Ogojohn: Could have delivered that to him but the guy doesn't even trust himself why would another trust him.
@ogojohn, if there is any way u can help me, cos how can u expect me to pay money to someone i dont know and also dont know anybody he has transact business with before, if u want to help as a fellow nairalander, just give me the contact of any one u know in Abuja or somebody u supplies goods in Abuja so that i can contact the person, so that i will have 50% guarantee that the goods is going to get to me, cos if i dont know the person or any one that knows the person is like throwing money in the air, pls just help.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 11:27am On Jul 10, 2014
@zungwe93.Use tape to measure diameter of small (horizontal) axis of dish.If H =100 cm,it is a 1m offset.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 11:34am On Jul 10, 2014
@zungwe93. A standard 1m offset when measured should give H = 100 cm,V = 110 cm and offset angle = 24.62"

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Freddygaz(m): 12:26pm On Jul 10, 2014
obnelly: DISNEY XD,ITV2-4 HD,SKY MOVIES,ACTION,COMEDY,SCFI,FAMILY---------SKY THRILLER,EUROSPORT HD,FX ,SKY ART 2,E4,SKY MOVIE BOX OFFICE,NAT GEO,EDEN NICKELODEON ALL HD ALL THESE I CAN WATCH BUT I GET FULL SIGNAL EARLY IN THE MORNING.46-48 is my signal strenght its a low signal but it still show little or no freezing.

I reside in E.Africa Kenya to be precise wished to know if there is anybody in the forum receiving any of the Astra birds plus the Hot bird....the furthest am getting is Badr 5&6 thnx
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by zungwe93: 12:28pm On Jul 10, 2014
blexxonmak: @zungwe93. A standard 1m offset when measured should give H = 100 cm,V = 110 cm and offset angle = 24.62"

Thanks very much. I want to get it.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 12:34pm On Jul 10, 2014
@graphicicon.The only way 2 solve ur problem if 4 u 2 get on a cart,okada,train bus,flight..2 Lag and do d shoppg urself
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 12:53pm On Jul 10, 2014
@Freddygaz.Sure.On 3m fiber dish.Location: Lagos.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jul 10, 2014
Fringe satellite reception is better by pan or fiber dish?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jul 10, 2014
@blexxonmak pls com to my aid, a friend of mine is havin 36east on a 90cm dish n wants 7east. where wil the 7east lnb b at? thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ussals(m): 3:33pm On Jul 10, 2014
blexxonmak: @graphicicon.The only way 2 solve ur problem if 4 u 2 get on a cart,okada,train bus,flight..2 Lag and do d shoppg urself
@graphicon, is better u stop worrying us here with ur quest if u know u can't trust anybody, u better look for it around u n buy cuz if u look externally u have to trust... One never succeeds without taking risk, I personally bought kpt968 through somebody in lag bt I knew I need to take d risk which I did n got my goods delivered, my piece of advice
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by graphicicon(m): 4:20pm On Jul 10, 2014
@all thanks for ur response, but am too exprienced and have high interlect for someone to defraud me, i have sent my friend that is a driver in one of those transport company to buy it for me in portharcourt and i hope to get the device on tuesday, for i dont take 100% risk i will rather take 50% risk, thanks @ all.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 4:32pm On Jul 10, 2014
abdool09.Facing d dish,place d 7E lnb below & at d right hand side of 36E lnb.Centre to centre distance should be 28cm.

(1) (2) (3) ... (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) ... (2357) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.