Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5437449 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Iron2011: 8:43am On Oct 26, 2011
@ obnelly. i think it is close to impossible to transform a 2.4 prime focus to a 2.4 offset. what maybe Kungu meant is that he replaced the prime focus with the offset. Giving the right lnb to your dish makes it work very well.
    However, in prime focus the main axis( line of the focal point) passes through the centre bottom of your dish. This means that  substantial amount of signals will be blocked by the lnb, the tripod, and the lnb holder. Imagine the size of c band lnb and its holder and possible signals it will block. In the case of the offset  dish the main axis of the parent paraboloid is not included. This means reflected signals meet outside the path of  on coming signals and thus the lnb, lnb holder  and the tripod block non of the signals.

I can also say that the entire surface of an offset dish is illuminated by the satellite. Though most of them appear oval, the satellites see them as round.
     The advantages that prime focus dishes have over offset are that  they withstand Ground interference i.e telecom transmissions and DDt transmissions. They are not mostly affected by spillover . But due to the shallowness(depth) of an offset dish to its focal point, they are much affected by ground interference.
     A spillover occurs when when the feed horn sees beyond the surface of the dish. In such situation, the signal quality will be affected by noise.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by simniboma(m): 8:51am On Oct 26, 2011
Iron2011:

confirmed. multi is red
thakx for your quick reply
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by simniboma(m): 8:55am On Oct 26, 2011
@ All, is it possible to turn a 2.4m mesh dish into a solid dish? If possible will alluminium sheets work well in this respect
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 9:11am On Oct 26, 2011
Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Iron2011: 9:25am On Oct 26, 2011
@ simniboma contact swordswifter, Gadotor or Sathob. They might be of help. i dont think aluminum sheets can do that work. however, aluminum foil should be good to go.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by simniboma(m): 10:05am On Oct 26, 2011
Iron2011:

@ simniboma     contact swordswifter, Gadotor or Sathob. They might be of help. i dont think aluminum sheets can do that work. however, aluminum foil should be good to go.
Response appreciated. Swordswifter, efo Gadotor and Sathob what encouragement have you for me?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by simniboma(m): 10:14am On Oct 26, 2011
@ gadoto I have seen your post on page 51 and 52 congratulations you have done it. How did you do it? what materials did you use can I have your contact. Anyway there are several others who will like to know bail us out. But your contact will be appreciated though. Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 11:35am On Oct 26, 2011
contact me thru-00233203558708.thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Abdul9025(m): 1:12pm On Oct 26, 2011
Pls ani1 shud help me confirm my KTN is red
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jman77(m): 2:22pm On Oct 26, 2011
no be lie,no be lie, my multitv is red and please what next ooooo?,i be the newest newbie.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by simniboma(m): 2:45pm On Oct 26, 2011
jman77:

no be lie,no be lie, my multitv is red and please what next ooooo?,i be the newest newbie.
check now its now green, but realised reduced reception 68% increasing gradually just as finishing this post it has hit 79%
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Olupeace12: 3:37pm On Oct 26, 2011
@all.i need installer 4rm kaduna fta 4life.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Iron2011: 3:45pm On Oct 26, 2011
Multi is back with full signal. Multi and Accra rains must compensate me for loses.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 5:48pm On Oct 26, 2011
Olupeace12 pay my flight ticket make i come help you instal.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by twinskenny(m): 6:29pm On Oct 26, 2011
Olupeace12:

@all.i need installer 4rm kaduna fta 4life.

contact dejisam. a good man
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by miju(m): 9:39am On Oct 27, 2011
@ALL I HAVE A 90CM EXTRA DISH WAITING TO BE USED BUT I DONT KNOW WHOCH SAT TO TRACK ON IT. I HAVE W7/ASTRA2B/W6, ASTRA4A/W3 AND INTELSAT(FORMELY PAS) @ 68 DEGREES. I USE 69X. PLEASE ADVICE.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dodos(f): 10:04am On Oct 27, 2011
simniboma:

@ All, is it possible to turn a 2.4m mesh dish into a solid dish? If possible will alluminium sheets work well in this respect

@ all

I believe it is possible to replace the mesh in the mesh dish with aluminium sheets. However i think the problem is being able to maintain the curvature. Aluminium does not expand so no problem with that. Maybe we should all try and experiment with this.

@Sathob

you wanted to try this sometime what were your findings.

@ miju

Please dont waste that dish give it out to someone who really needs it. You have all the fta goodies for now on ku what else.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by swordswifter: 12:47pm On Oct 27, 2011
simniboma:

The best person to talk to in relation to the above question is our PRO Gadotor.He has all the answers and so much more.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jossybless(m): 12:57pm On Oct 27, 2011
@All, Just to say hello to you all my Comrades - Twinsk,George,Chief Adewest,Ololfofo i really mkissed u all am just behind reading ur inputs I think we got to bring back the good old days of this forum many people have lost interest but teh vision and objectives will not die Amen
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Brite02(m): 2:20pm On Oct 27, 2011
@MIJU, DO U WANT TO SELL THAT DISH, COZ I NEED OH.

GURUS.
CAN I TRACK THAICOM 5 78.5°E WITH 1.8M PRIME FOCUS GROUND MOUNT IN PHC?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 2:35pm On Oct 27, 2011
swordswifter:

The best person to talk to in relation to the above question is our PRO Gadotor.He has all the answers and so much more.
THANK YOU MY BROTHER
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by swordswifter: 2:50pm On Oct 27, 2011
gadotor:

THANK YOU MY BROTHER
What are you thanking me for? My paddy i beg.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by simniboma(m): 4:13pm On Oct 27, 2011
swordswifter:

PRO Gadoto all eyes on you lead the way to this enovative way to hunt for more FTAs
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dolpaz: 5:55pm On Oct 27, 2011
Brite02:

GURUS.
@Miju, i reside in Sango ota, i need that dish abeg, biko,
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by esuo2(m): 6:22pm On Oct 27, 2011
Brite02:

GURUS.

brite 02
please that satellite needs to be tracked on a higher elevation,you have to mount the dish on a buiding top.
i cant really explain into details for now,you will also need at least 2.4M and above to hunt that bird because the signals are quite very low,hope Ive answered your question,anyway I stand to be corrected
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by esuo2(m): 6:37pm On Oct 27, 2011
@ I HACKED
I HACKED OR WHATEVER YOU CALL YOURSELF
THANK GOD I HAVE NOW DISCOVERED THE SORT OF PERSON YOU ARE A LIAR AND A THIEF
YOU PICK YOUR PHONE AND CALL MOST OF THE MEMBERS IN THE FORUM AND ASKING FOR NUMBERS FROM US AND DECEIVING US WITH YOUR IMMAGINATIONS;
1.YOU TOLD ME YOU HAVE AN LNB THAT CAN GET NILESAT EVEN WITH 1.2-1.8M FROM THE US AND THAT SOMEBODY WENT TO THE US AND BROUGHT IT AND YOU WERE TRYING IT TO GIVE US FEEDBACK(US REFERS TO MYSELF,GADOTOR,THE PRO,SATHOB AND SOME I DONT EVEN KNOW),AND I ASKED YOU TO SEND IT OVER FOR ME TO TRY AND SEE,BUT YOU GAVE SO MANY EXCUSES AFTER WHICH YOU ASKED ME TO TEACH YOU HOW TO TRACK C-BAND
2.YOU TOLD ME THERE IS DECODER CALLED FTE HD THAT IT OPENS INFINITY AND ALL TOP TV CHANNELS BUT I SHOULDNT TELL THE OTHER SAT MATES ESPECIALLY THE NIGERIANS BECAUSE THEY ALWAYS WANT TO BE AHEAD OF GHANAIANS,SO I ASKED YOU TO BUY ONE AND SEND IT OVER BUT UP TILL NOW NO SHOW,I REMEMBER YOU ASKED ME TO TEACH YOU HOW TO TRACK NSS7 C-BAND,BECAUSE YOU ARE DOING A WORK FOR A WHITE MAN AND YOU ARE FINDING THINGS DIFICULT

PLEASE DONT CALL ME AGAIN,MAYBE THE NEXT TIME YOU WILL ASK ME TO BRING MY WIFE BECAUSE SHE WILL BE GOOD FOR TRACKING NILESAT
GUYS PLEASE DONT BE ANGRY WITH ME FOR USING CAPS,THE FACT IS IM ACTUALLY SHOUTING
GOOD EVENING TO ALL
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 27, 2011
esuo2:

@ I HACKED
I HACKED OR WHATEVER YOU CALL YOURSELF
THANK GOD I HAVE NOW DISCOVERED THE SORT OF PERSON YOU ARE A LIAR AND A THIEF
YOU PICK YOUR PHONE AND CALL MOST OF THE MEMBERS IN THE FORUM AND ASKING FOR NUMBERS FROM US AND DECEIVING US WITH YOUR IMMAGINATIONS;
1.YOU TOLD ME YOU HAVE AN LNB THAT CAN GET NILESAT EVEN WITH 1.2-1.8M FROM THE US AND THAT SOMEBODY WENT TO THE US AND BROUGHT IT AND YOU WERE TRYING IT TO GIVE US FEEDBACK(US REFERS TO MYSELF,GADOTOR,THE PRO,SATHOB AND SOME I DONT EVEN KNOW),AND I ASKED YOU TO SEND IT OVER FOR ME TO TRY AND SEE,BUT YOU GAVE SO MANY EXCUSES AFTER WHICH YOU ASKED ME TO TEACH YOU HOW TO TRACK C-BAND
2.YOU TOLD ME THERE IS DECODER CALLED FTE HD THAT IT OPENS INFINITY AND ALL TOP TV CHANNELS BUT I SHOULDNT TELL THE OTHER SAT MATES ESPECIALLY THE NIGERIANS BECAUSE THEY ALWAYS WANT TO BE AHEAD OF GHANAIANS,SO I ASKED YOU TO BUY ONE AND SEND IT OVER BUT UP TILL NOW NO SHOW,I REMEMBER YOU ASKED ME TO TEACH YOU HOW TO TRACK NSS7 C-BAND,BECAUSE YOU ARE DOING A WORK FOR A WHITE MAN AND YOU ARE FINDING THINGS DIFICULT

PLEASE DONT CALL ME AGAIN,MAYBE THE NEXT TIME YOU WILL ASK ME TO BRING MY WIFE BECAUSE SHE WILL BE GOOD FOR TRACKING NILESAT
GUYS PLEASE DONT BE ANGRY WITH ME FOR USING CAPS,THE FACT IS IM ACTUALLY SHOUTING
GOOD EVENING TO ALL
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by freshp(m): 7:30pm On Oct 27, 2011
esuo2:

@ I HACKED
I HACKED OR WHATEVER YOU CALL YOURSELF . . . .
. . . .

GOOD EVENING TO ALL
@esuo
agreed you are shouting . . . and i agreed you are annoyed . . but the thing that baffles me is the fact that i hacked made some pretty good posts earlier on in the threads . . so why is he acting up now?
@All
we should learn to live and act responsibly in this forum . . .remember that our names are at stake . . i hate it when people get suspicious of me not to talk of doubting me . . grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Iron2011: 7:40pm On Oct 27, 2011
Oh! Nana.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lovala(m): 8:50pm On Oct 27, 2011
what's my name, what's my name, waht's my name.
Oh nana!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lovala(m): 9:12pm On Oct 27, 2011
Have anyone else noticed dat when you try to access the fta w4/7 thread you are taken to page 20 with the last post being that of the 19th of this month?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 10:45pm On Oct 27, 2011
haha thank you so much. please take a look at the pictures below if the pictures are fake

then i hacked is also fake

1) to any one who have the FTE decoder below should tell me is fake!

the hand that hold the decoder is the left hand of i hacked

please take a look to all pics with that hand if not the same

2) the conical scaler ring below helps you get cband and ku on ku 120cm and some cband on 90cm
i have it heir, some one order one and tell me am fake! or go to the site on the box below and tell me is fake

i will come again with ws intonational 521u ku lnb that my bro called me lie yer with the same hand

thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (2351) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.