Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,106 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. (7539 Views)

See The Winner Of Presidential Election Next Year….critical Analysis. / Tee Mac’s Comment That “Tinubu Is 86 Years”, Is Just A Mere Gossip.. / Voice Note That Led To Deborah Samuel Being Killed For Blasphemy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by waynetee(m): 6:07pm On May 13, 2022
You're not human at all
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by JoyousFurnitire(m): 6:08pm On May 13, 2022
mansoor093:

Imagine a church inviting comedians to perform in church... you give room for the comedian to crack jokes with JESUS name, which is totally wrong...

I'm not a fanatic but this is dumb take as regards the current issue. Are you a retard? or point me to a video where a comedian mocked Jesus in a Church.
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by JoyousFurnitire(m): 6:13pm On May 13, 2022
AjiBussu:
You are capping rubbish. The fact it happened in a tertiary institution of level beats my imagination. So much for "educated folks"

I laugh in la la grin

Over 90% of them are there to study Arabic!
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by AjiBussu(m): 6:15pm On May 13, 2022
A lot of things you ppl in your religion do are also blasphemy in other peoples religion, Even calling your so called prophet in my religion is blasphemous op, for that we demand that you
op and ur entire household be stoned to death and burned.

How does that sounds? F**k u blood suckers
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by MetaPhysical: 6:15pm On May 13, 2022
aribisala0:
What is Sharia community? Is there such a thing in Nigerian constitution

You say she is "guilty" of a blasphemous Act . Can you tell us which law in Nigeria codifies blasphemy and the prescribed punishment?

Is it blasphemous to call Ogun an idol and Ogun worshippers as idolaters or Kaffir?

Yes, there is Sharia in Constitution. You must not be familiar with the Constitution.

Read the interpretation again. On internet/social media, which is not guided by any law, there is a common language for communicating...or a protocol of usage, any word followed by @#*% and so on is considered masked expletive, whether intended or not.
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by MetaPhysical: 6:21pm On May 13, 2022
aribisala0:
What is Sharia community? Is there such a thing in Nigerian constitution

You say she is "guilty" of a blasphemous Act . Can you tell us which law in Nigeria codifies blasphemy and the prescribed punishment?

Is it blasphemous to call Ogun an idol and Ogun worshippers as idolaters or Kaffir?

Ogun worshippers should defend Ogun everytime he is blasphemed. Unlike the sharia North ignorants killing for reiligion, you dont have to kill anyone to defend Ogun but you can defend him in other ways.
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by aribisala0(m): 6:51pm On May 13, 2022
MetaPhysical:

Ogun worshippers should defend Ogun everytime he is blasphemed. Unlike the sharia North ignorants killing for reiligion, you dont have to kill anyone to defend Ogun but you can defend him in other ways.
That is not what I asked
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by aribisala0(m): 6:54pm On May 13, 2022
MetaPhysical:

Yes, there is Sharia in Constitution. You must not be familiar with the Constitution.

Read the interpretation again. On internet/social media, which is not guided by any law, there is a common language for communicating...or a protocol of usage, any word followed by @#*% and so on is considered masked expletive, whether intended or not.

There is "sharia community" in the constitution
I am thoroughly familiar with the constitution
I have it on my desk top and read it everyday

My copy does not mention Sharia community? So please tell us what is a Sharia community as defined in your copy of the constitution
Does Sharia law apply to non Muslims? A simple yes or no will do
More evasiveness

Which section in our constitution codifies blasphemy? How is blasphemy defined in our law and what is the punishment
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by aribisala0(m): 6:57pm On May 13, 2022
MetaPhysical:

My question once again is :

Is it blasphemous to call Ogun an idol.

How do you suggest Ogun worshippers defend Ogun is it okay to behead blasphemers?
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by AjiBussu(m): 6:59pm On May 13, 2022
You cannot be hitting head on the ground 5 times a day and not lose your Sanity. grin grin
#Copied
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by babyboy4every1: 7:03pm On May 13, 2022
muykem:
My question is that, is Allah actually happy about killing people for blasphemy him? If yes then that Allah is callous, evil and wicked than satan.
And if no
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by MetaPhysical: 7:48pm On May 13, 2022
aribisala0:
My question once again is :

Is it blasphemous to call Ogun an idol.

How do you suggest Ogun worshippers defend Ogun is it okay to behead blasphemers?

Ogun worshippers would need to itemize what would constitute blasphemy under their belief. I do not worship Ogun.
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by Prisco4luv(m): 7:51pm On May 13, 2022
No religion support , taking human lif for granted....
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by MetaPhysical: 7:55pm On May 13, 2022
aribisala0:

There is "sharia community" in the constitution
I am thoroughly familiar with the constitution
I have it on my desk top and read it everyday

My copy does not mention Sharia community? So please tell us what is a Sharia community as defined in your copy of the constitution
Does Sharia law apply to non Muslims? A simple yes or no will do
More evasiveness

Which section in our constitution codifies blasphemy? How is blasphemy defined in our law and what is the punishment

Honorable, I sincerely do not enjoy talking with people feigning ignorance.

A community is a community, sharia or not. A sharia community is one that practices sharia. It is dumb to look in constitution for "sharia community" in as much constitution acknowledges shariah in its statutes.

When you go to Isale Eko, it is Eyo community. It will be dumb to disrespect Adimu Orisa in Isale Eko. The constitution acknowledges customary laws, which Eyo is part of. Will you find Eyo community in constitution? No.

Grab a sense abeg.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by aribisala0(m): 7:56pm On May 13, 2022
MetaPhysical:

Ogun worshippers would need to itemize what would constitute blasphemy under their belief. I do not worship Ogun.
Since you have already said what constitutes guilt of Blasphemy in Islam I presume then that you are a Muslim is that right?

We are talking about rules that will form principles for a legal system for ALL NIGERIANS not what you worship.
We have Ogun worshippers , Christians and Muslims . etc in Nigeria.

The point is if the core beliefs of one religion constitute blasphemy in another how do we square that circle.
You mentioned Sharia community in the constitution when called out evasiveness
Again if Ogun is blasphemed you said they should defend.

Question How? Can they behead Muslims and Christians for calling Ogun an Idol Evasiveness
I can see you are determined to be evasive so I will close.
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by MetaPhysical: 7:59pm On May 13, 2022
aribisala0:
Since you have already said what constitutes guilt of Blasphemy in Islam I presume then that you are a Muslim is that right?

We are talking about rules that will form principles for a legal system for ALL NIGERIANS not what you worship.
We have Ogun worshippers , Christians and Muslims . etc in Nigeria.

The point is if the core beliefs of one religion constitute blasphemy in another how do we square that circle.
You mentioned Sharia community in the constitution when called out evasiveness
Again if Ogun is blasphemed you said they should defend.

Question How? Can they behead Muslims and Christians for calling Ogun an Idol Evasiveness
I can see you are determined to be evasive so I will close.

Everyone in Nairaland that know me know I am muslim, a common sense muslim, not a dumb one.

What we witnessed in Sokoto is dumb, there are Christians that also display such senselessness and will kill if the opportunity is presented.

Dont make this a muslim/christian issue.

Like I said earlier, grab a sense.
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by aribisala0(m): 8:00pm On May 13, 2022
MetaPhysical:

Honorable, I sincerely do not enjoy talking with people feigning ignorance.

A community is a community, sharia or not. A sharia community is one that practices sharia. It is dumb to look in constitution for "sharia community" in as much constitution acknowledges shariah in its statutes.

When you go to Isale Eko, it is Eyo community. It will be dumb to disrespect Adimu Orisa in Isale Eko. The constitution acknowledges customary laws, which Eyo is part of. Will you find Eyo community in constitution? No.

Grab a sense abeg.
I did not put words in your mouth
You said Sharia Community. We need to know what that means in the constitution

You Said in the conditional tense that she is guilty of blasphemy, you talked of Constitution and Sharia law

Under what law would she be guilty of blasphemy if she is not a Muslim
Customary Law does not have a criminal or penal code
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by MetaPhysical: 8:02pm On May 13, 2022
aribisala0:
I did not put words in your mouth

You Said in the conditional tense that she is guilty of blasphemy, you talked of Constitution and Sharia law

Under what law would she be guilty of blasphemy if she is not a Muslim

Her guilt is not prescribed by law but by context of what she stated. Social media recognizes @%#* combination as an expletive.

If i say aribisala, @%#* you, how do you interprete it?
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by aribisala0(m): 8:03pm On May 13, 2022
MetaPhysical:

Everyone in Nairaland that know me know I am muslim, a common sense muslim, not a dumb one.

What we witnessed in Sokoto is dumb, there are Christians that also display such senselessness and will kill if the opportunity is presented.

Dont make this a muslim/christian issue.

Like I said earlier, grab a sense.
Well I don't know you

How can a non Muslim be guilty of Blasphemy?
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by muykem: 8:05pm On May 13, 2022
babyboy4every1:

And if no
If no them it means these Muslims fanatics are agent of Satan.
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by MetaPhysical: 8:08pm On May 13, 2022
aribisala0:
Well I don't know you

How can a non Muslim be guilty of Blasphemy?

...and you dont need to know. You just need to be reasonable to know not every human action is coded into law. Some exchanges are fouled just on the reference of moral or social protocols alone.
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by aribisala0(m): 8:08pm On May 13, 2022
MetaPhysical:

Her guilt is not prescribed by law but by context of what she stated. Social media recognizes @%#* combination as an expletive.

If i say aribisala, @%#* you, how do you interprete it?
Rudeness is how I understand it

Just to be clear when you say "guilt" you need to be clear what YOU mean because I understood that in the ordinary meaning of the word

What I am getting at here is simple . There are words in all belief systems that blaspheme some other belief system and so the issue of guilt of blasphemy has added weight in Nigeria

I need to understand whether you think Non Muslims should be tried under Sharia law or whether how non-Muslims can be "guilty" of blaspheming Islam and that is why I bring the Ogun issue.

My view is that we cannot have blasphemy laws in a country like Nigeria as we are not religiously homogenous
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by aribisala0(m): 8:11pm On May 13, 2022
MetaPhysical:

...and you dont need to know. You just need to be reasonable to know not every human action is coded into law. Some exchanges are fouled just on the reference of moral or social protocols alone.
And when Muslims are upset they can stone and roast? because for me this is an issue of proportionality
What you are saying is she got what she deserved right?
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by MetaPhysical: 8:12pm On May 13, 2022
aribisala0:
Rudeness is how I understand it

Just to be clear when you say "guilt" you need to be clear what YOU mean because I understood that in the ordinary meaning of the word

What I am getting at here is simple . There are words in all belief systems that blaspheme some other belief system and so the issue of guilt of blasphemy has added weight in Nigeria

I need to understand whether you think Non Muslims should be tried under Sharia law or whether how non-Muslims can be "guilty" of blaspheming Islam and that is why I bring the Ogun issue.

My view is that we cannot have blasphemy laws in a country like Nigeria as we are not religiously homogenous

Dial back into my first or second post in this thread, i believe it is self explanatory. You are thinking too deep into it. Stay on surface, we are not having a legal exercise here.
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by Bimpe29: 8:19pm On May 13, 2022
Blasphemy is really sacrilegious but jungle justice is worse.

Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by MetaPhysical: 8:21pm On May 13, 2022
aribisala0:
And when Muslims are upset they can stone and roast? because for me this is an issue of proportionality
What you are saying is she got what she deserved right?

You read too deep into it.

Again, assuming what is attributed to her is correct, She clearly transgressed. This I know.

The proper way to address this is through the authorities, sharia or non-sharia. There, proprtionality will be weighed.

You are reading my comments wrong, honorable.
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by gotnel: 8:24pm On May 13, 2022
Religion is a great disservice to human race.
It's a very strong case study, what happened to this young lady.
There are many reasons why religion is good, but there are many reasons why religion should have been left out of humans activities.
Particularly, Africans have lost their own identity and happily imposed foreign religion on themselves.
I believe in humanity than in religion without spirituality.
God help us
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by aribisala0(m): 8:25pm On May 13, 2022
MetaPhysical:

Dial back into my first or second post in this thread, i believe it is self explanatory. You are thinking too deep into it. Stay on surface, we are not having a legal exercise here.
I guess we are having a comedy exercise

I quoted you because I took your words seriously. I now see that you lack the courage of your convictions.
If you say a person is "guilty of blasphemy" after they have been killed in this way it reflects a very callous and inhumane mindset. In the context we are discussing those words can only be interpreted one way, ESPECIALLY as there are ,presumably, blasphemy laws in Sharia
What you need to say is whether or not Such laws should apply to non Muslims and whether Muslims are blaspheming other religions when they call their deities "Idols". So all these twisting and turning fools no one

It is not complex at all. No matter how offended you are by whatever insult to your religion the reality is that People have a right to blaspheme. Blasphemy is different from gratuitous insults which constitute public disorder offences.

I read the published words and it went something like "don't bring that Prophet Shit here". There is no insult at the "Prophet" in fact the word prophet in that sentence was not a noun and therefore not the subject in the sentence rather the so called expletive was the subject. I do not know how any rational person can be offended to the extent of stoning and roasting by that and I do not see any criminal offence in that or even any insult directed at your prophet
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by Ray07(m): 8:25pm On May 13, 2022
Saifullah01:

We might decide to Bury our heads in dust, or shout at each other or call every Muslim a terrorist all we want. My discussion is directed towards future occurrence of this unfortunate incident - the cause and its consequence.

Your comparison above is not valid because, many have denied that the prophet was even a prophet from God or even denied his message which can be uncomfortable for Muslims but have to deal with it as reality of the world we live in. So also your mentioning that Muslims do not consider Jesus as GOD but will not dare insult him (peace be upon him)

The fact still remains that over 2 billion people on this planet love this man called Muhammad peace be upon him beyond your comprehension. Of these, majority of them don't support taking laws into their hands but most definitely support strict state backed punishment for anyone who involves in such instigations.

And yes there are laws in many jurisdictions that condemn people to death for offences some might find trivial or subjective like treason, desertion, espionage, drug smuggling etc.
Stop beating around the bush you cunt. We know you and likes, your president included are happy about the incident.

But know this demons, no one has monopoly over violence.
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by chinchum(m): 8:26pm On May 13, 2022
Saifullah01:
Goodness me, from the responses above are we so bereft of the capacity to discussing issues in isolation
keep shut, there is no utterance that warrants death. To try to discuss the "provocation" in isolation is you trying to justify the killing.

It is worst than a rapist trying to justify the rape because the victim wore a short gown.

Only a brain dead individual with no emotional intelligence will begin to discuss a provocation and ask that murder should not be discussed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Senate To Probe Money Spent On Refineries’ Maintenance Since 2010 / Lagos Demolishes Three Mosques, Relocates Churches. / 2019: Beware Of APC Propaganda, PDP Advises Online Media Practitioners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.