Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,408 members, 7,958,182 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:27 AM

Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. (7775 Views)

See The Winner Of Presidential Election Next Year….critical Analysis. / Tee Mac’s Comment That “Tinubu Is 86 Years”, Is Just A Mere Gossip.. / Voice Note That Led To Deborah Samuel Being Killed For Blasphemy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by Ray07(m): 8:28pm On May 13, 2022
Bimpe29:
Blasphemy is really sacrilegious but jungle justice is worse.
That is no religion but a cult.

Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by aribisala0(m): 8:30pm On May 13, 2022
MetaPhysical:

You read too deep into it.

Again, assuming what is attributed to her is correct, She clearly transgressed. This I know.

The proper way to address this is through the authorities, sharia or non-sharia. There, proprtionality will be weighed.

You are reading my comments wrong, honorable.
Please be clear to me what she transgressed ?I do not see any transgression beyond Your mama or Your papa insults not even to that degree.
Tell us whether you believe non Muslims should be subject to Sharia law that is all we need to know

I have not heard you adequately condemn the murderers but you are sitting in judgment on a dead girl
Very heartless and callous mindset
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by aribisala0(m): 8:31pm On May 13, 2022
Bimpe29:
Blasphemy is really sacrilegious but jungle justice is worse.
When Muslims call Ogun an idol that is blasphemy would you agree?
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by Benwallt(m): 9:21pm On May 13, 2022
You dey fear?
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by renheart(m): 10:44pm On May 13, 2022
I think arguing with the writer is madness. U can not tell me that ur religion is superior to the laws and constitution of this country. She has tight to speech. By the way, she did not insult the prophet. She only wanted those post to stop. It'd wicked, its evil, its demonic to take the life of some one else.
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by MetaPhysical: 12:00am On May 14, 2022
aribisala0:
Please be clear to me what she transgressed ?I do not see any transgression beyond Your mama or Your papa insults not even to that degree.
Tell us whether you believe non Muslims should be subject to Sharia law that is all we need to know

I have not heard you adequately condemn the murderers but you are sitting in judgment on a dead girl
Very heartless and callous mindset

Who is "us"? You are expressing similar mob mentality we saw in sokoto when you suddenly switched from me to "us" in your comment. Us as in christians...? Please clarify your "us".

Return to my first or second post and reeducate your mind. I dont know if she said those things or not but I continue to say if indeed it is authentic then she has transgressed. The transgression is simple and linear taking from your own interpretation of @%#* as a rude exchange. Add that to Muhammed in a land known for religious isms and intolerance. What do you expect the outcome to be?

After that I also said the attackers should be prosecuted.

My position is straight forward and matured. You want me to say she was correct in being rude to Muhammed, which I can never do.

If you are rude to ordinary users in social media what do they do? They punish you. Here in Nairaland, how do mods treat rule violation? With restriction....sometimes a year or longer.

The rule in shariah community has thresholds, respect their thresholds. Nonetheless, crossing a threshold does not justify death. The killers must be dealt with. Simple!

I dont patronize emotional blackmails, if you e pect me to take side with shariah or chriatianity, you will not get that from me. I do not relate in basic instincts.
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by MetaPhysical: 12:10am On May 14, 2022
aribisala0:
I guess we are having a comedy exercise

I quoted you because I took your words seriously. I now see that you lack the courage of your convictions.
If you say a person is "guilty of blasphemy" after they have been killed in this way it reflects a very callous and inhumane mindset. In the context we are discussing those words can only be interpreted one way, ESPECIALLY as there are ,presumably, blasphemy laws in Sharia
What you need to say is whether or not Such laws should apply to non Muslims and whether Muslims are blaspheming other religions when they call their deities "Idols". So all these twisting and turning fools no one

It is not complex at all. No matter how offended you are by whatever insult to your religion the reality is that People have a right to blaspheme. Blasphemy is different from gratuitous insults which constitute public disorder offences.

I read the published words and it went something like "don't bring that Prophet Shit here". There is no insult at the "Prophet" in fact the word prophet in that sentence was not a noun and therefore not the subject in the sentence rather the so called expletive was the subject. I do not know how any rational person can be offended to the extent of stoning and roasting by that and I do not see any criminal offence in that or even any insult directed at your prophet

You are riding a stationary horse my friend. Stop galloping in one spot.

I said explicitly in an earlier post on this thread, Shariah law is subordinate to Nigerian Constitution. Did you not read where I stated that? I believe it captures everything at high level. If you did not see it go back and re- read my posts.

Any reasonable person that reads that, regardless anything else said, already know where I stand on this issue of Deborah.

Get off the horse and get a brain Honorable.
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by Buckeyemedia1: 12:12am On May 14, 2022
Stormtrooper11:

I'm sorry but I'm trying to comprehend your words. So, what's your point?! What's the way forward for religious tolerance in Nigeria?!
Our Constitution says Nigeria is a secular state, we could careless what prophet Mohammed or Jesus Christ said, all men to your tent.

Democrazy has destroyed Nigeria, under the Military na firing squad immediately, Islamic civilian coup plotters, trying to plan a religious revolt against the government.

1 Like

Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by Buckeyemedia1: 12:17am On May 14, 2022
MetaPhysical:

I said explicitly in an earlier post on this thread, Shariah law is subordinate to Nigerian Constitution. Did you not read where I stated that? I believe it captures everything at high level. If you did not see it go back and re- read my posts.

Any reasonable person that reads that, regardless anything else said, already know where I stand on this issue of Deborah.

Good then all those Abokis that carried out that nefarious murderous act are guilty, & should face firing squad immediately, to hang them by the neck one by one would take many years to carry out.

But I know without a shadow of a doubt, Sokoto State Government will do nothing, na to dey follow Arabian folk story of 1300 years ago, that Usman Dan fodio forced into that their empty skulls.

Make person go wake William Shakespeare from grave, make em write one new drama for us.

Northern Nigeria & Pakistan are one & the same, Islamic extremist bigots with poor 21st century enlightenment.
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by aribisala0(m): 1:02am On May 14, 2022
MetaPhysical:

Tangential and diversionary . Totally unrelated to what you quote
Sham indignation.

Does Sharia Law apply to non Muslims ? very simple answer?
YOU said she was guilty of blasphemy.
Yes we know where you stand

She was guilty of blasphemy and got what she deserved and hopefully the rest of us are terrorized enough not to ever try that?

Humans are not machines words matter but their timing shows our humanity. Her ashes have not been buried and you are already pronouncing her GUILTY. The rest of us are concerned about the loss for her family and they certainly would not want to hear GUILTY
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by YungMillionaire: 2:55am On May 14, 2022
Saifullah01:

Like I said earlier, there are multiple threads denouncing the act already, my aim is to discuss the remote cause.
Whether we like it or nor Muslims are offended by such speech against the prophet of Islam, though their response will vary (and like you pointed out above majority will turn away in disgust).

But my question is why such verbal assaults towards Muslims, and how its an issue that gets little attention

Because what you find offensive, some people do not find offensive. If we start killing each other because we are offended by what others say then the whole world will die off. Many Christians are offended when Muslims refer to Jesus (who Christians believe to the God himself) as a prophet, YET you will never see a Christian slaughter a Muslim for this. This tells me that somehow Christians are far more spiritually advanced than Muslims. Muslims need to do a deep reflection on how they claim to serve a peaceful God yet the are the ONLY ONES on this planet that murder in the name of their god.
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by ebukason3(m): 3:49am On May 14, 2022
Saifullah01:

Please show me

They burn the Bible which contains the name of Jesus that they respect that's mockery bro. https://www.wnd.com/2006/04/35590/

what about church they burn, where Jesus image or cross is visible to all.
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by JoyousFurnitire(m): 3:49am On May 14, 2022
hidhrhis:
d idiot was even talking about 10Gig data
u better travel overseas to tell them cos here in Africa most of us believe in our religion so much that no matter what u post or say won't change our mind
the worst someone like me can do to u is to kill u
people like u are vegetable in nigeria

^^^ A post from 2018

No be today
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by MetaPhysical: 4:10am On May 14, 2022
aribisala0:
Tangential and diversionary . Totally unrelated to what you quote
Sham indignation.

Does Sharia Law apply to non Muslims ? very simple answer?
YOU said she was guilty of blasphemy.
Yes we know where you stand

She was guilty of blasphemy and got what she deserved and hopefully the rest of us are terrorized enough not to ever try that?

Humans are not machines words matter but their timing shows our humanity. Her ashes have not been buried and you are already pronouncing her GUILTY. The rest of us are concerned about the loss for her family and they certainly would not want to hear GUILTY

Stop galloping in one spot, Honorable aribisala.

Only a court can pronounce guilt. She was not afforded court. I cannot pronounce her guilty, and I never did in anything and everything I wrote.

Stop using words to whip up sentiments. Get off your horse and get a brain.
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by drmuchin: 4:19am On May 14, 2022
Saifullah01:

Like I said earlier, there are multiple threads denouncing the act already, my aim is to discuss the remote cause.
Whether we like it or nor Muslims are offended by such speech against the prophet of Islam, though their response will vary (and like you pointed out above majority MEAGER MINORITY will turn away in disgust).

But my question is why such verbal assaults towards Muslims, and how its an issue that gets little attention

ALL MUSLIMS ARE TERRORISTS!
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by MetaPhysical: 4:19am On May 14, 2022
Buckeyemedia1:
Good then all those Abokis that carried out that nefarious murderous act are guilty, & should face firing squad immediately, to hang them by the neck one by one would take many years to carry out.

But I know without a shadow of a doubt, Sokoto State Government will do nothing, na to dey follow Arabian folk story of 1300 years ago, that Usman Dan fodio forced into that their empty skulls.

Make person go wake William Shakespeare from grave, make em write one new drama for us.

Northern Nigeria & Pakistan are one & the same, Islamic extremist bigots with poor 21st century enlightenment.

You are correct. This is why it is painful that youths in South are backing candidates looking for election to continue Nigeria. Nigeria should be discontinued, let sharia provinces hold on to their belief system and self rule their sharia land.

It is an irony that Christian leaders in South are the ones keeping extremism alive in North.

Obasanjo gave them sharia. Jonathan gave them almajiri school. The next president from South will give them ruga.

Divide this shitty country. Reject political elections.
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by aribisala0(m): 4:42am On May 14, 2022
MetaPhysical:

Stop galloping in one spot, Honorable aribisala.

Only a court can pronounce guilt. She was not afforded court. I cannot pronounce her guilty, and I never did in anything and everything I wrote.

Stop using words to whip up sentiments. Get off your horse and get a brain.

Should Sharia law apply to non Muslims

Stop lying you pronounced her guilty of blasphemy
MetaPhysical:

Deborah guilty of a blasphemous act
You keep wriggling
Clearly you believe there is such a thing as guilty of blasphemy

What court in Nigeria would pronounce a person guilty of that in the case of Islam ?

Can a non Muslim be guilty of blaspheming Islam and can a Muslim be guilty of blaspheming Ogun ?

Those are the issues deriving from your remarks

1 Like

Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by loffyloffy: 5:03am On May 14, 2022
It is stupid for anyone to believe it is there responsibility to defend God, gods and prophets..

It is only logical to assume that if they are what and who they claim to be, they will will be quite capable to defend themselves if at any time there a need for that.

So it is irrelevant what Deborah may have said, the mad crowd defending God, gods and prophets should all be behind bars.

People like you trying to justify their actions should be condemned by all
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by UtuokeAlcoholic: 5:46am On May 14, 2022
sal1974:

These guys should be investigated, and thoroughly dealt with to serve as deterrents to their likes, you can't always turn to violent for every provocations
But why the provocation in the first place, after one knows that their is repercussion.
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by 1877sev: 6:47am On May 14, 2022
[s]
helinues:
Can't Allah or Muhammed fight for themselves.. There is no justification with that barbaric act

Northerners are yet to know how this kind of religion intolerance is drawing their region backward
[/s]
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by sevenhundred(m): 6:50am On May 14, 2022
Stormtrooper11:

I'm sorry but I'm trying to comprehend your words. So, what's your point?! What's the way forward for religious tolerance in Nigeria?!
freedom of speech as guarantee by the Constitution of the land.
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by aribisala0(m): 11:04am On May 14, 2022
MetaPhysical:

Who is "us"? You are expressing similar mob mentality we saw in sokoto when you suddenly switched from me to "us" in your comment. Us as in christians...? Please clarify your "us".

Return to my first or second post and reeducate your mind. I dont know if she said those things or not but I continue to say if indeed it is authentic then she has transgressed. The transgression is simple and linear taking from your own interpretation of @%#* as a rude exchange. Add that to Muhammed in a land known for religious isms and intolerance. What do you expect the outcome to be?

After that I also said the attackers should be prosecuted.

My position is straight forward and matured. You want me to say she was correct in being rude to Muhammed, which I can never do.

If you are rude to ordinary users in social media what do they do? They punish you. Here in Nairaland, how do mods treat rule violation? With restriction....sometimes a year or longer.

The rule in shariah community has thresholds, respect their thresholds. Nonetheless, crossing a threshold does not justify death. The killers must be dealt with. Simple!

I dont patronize emotional blackmails, if you e pect me to take side with shariah or chriatianity, you will not get that from me. I do not relate in basic instincts.
Your English language could do with help No need to make an elephant out of an "us" . "Us" simply meant me and or this thread , the context is obvious; Tell us on this thread . SO stop all these futile digressions and focus on the issues
You are the one being emotional.
I asked your direct and specific questions
Should non Muslims be subject to Sharia law.
I am not interested in all your sentiment just answer the question ?
When you say "transgress" you need to be clear what you mean. That word is frequently used in English translations of the Quran. Did she transgress the Quran or Nigerian law?
YOU also said "guilty of blasphemy" >
What do you mean by that.

I pointed out that Muslims (and Christians) to borrow your word "transgress" when they call Ogun "idol".

The point is simple Nigeria is multi-religious society and all religions "transgress" either against another religion or atheists.

I have seen the circulating translation. She broke no Nigerian laws and did not deserve to die.
Now you say she was "rude" to Muhammad. Are Muslins not rude to Jesus whom Christians call God when they say he is a man nd that Muhammad is greater or rude to Ogun when they Ogun is an idol

The point here is how can we all live in harmony and the simple answer is Muslims cannot be the only ones allowed to express beliefs others find rude and offensive because they believe their own doctrine is the TRUE RELIGION

We cannot have red lines because if all religions are allowed red lines there would be chaos
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by Obagreatdatoye(m): 11:28am On May 14, 2022
The OP is so dumb and useless...what is the essence of this one sided and bigotry analysis?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Falae: There Is No Provision For Zoning In Nigerian Constitution / Ugwuanyi Approves Release Of Enugu Civil Servants’ 2021/2022 Promotion List / Bandits Raid Katsina Hospital, Kidnap 4 Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.