Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,752 members, 7,831,410 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG (20302 Views)

Russia To Cut Off Gas Supply To Poland & Bulgaria Over Refusal To Pay In Rubles / Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles / Qatar Says Europe Cannot Replace Russian Gas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by bigpicture001: 5:16pm On May 14, 2022
KillerCrocodile:

Very correct.....

Their Servitude to China is loading.

I don't believe that is what Putin had in mind when he signed a partnership without limits with China..

But with current events, Russia' s dependency on China is inevitable..

They will be so depending on China.. that they would have to live the US eventually... Cuz the. China. That I know are very very cunning..

Do you know that they enforce reverse engineering on all the military tech equipment imported from Russia.. so they can catch up in time...

I pity Russia... Theirs would be worse.. cuz 90% dependant is total slavery

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by PARADIZEPRIEST: 5:16pm On May 14, 2022
THERE IS LNG ALL OVER THE WORLD,SO WHY THIS NOISE,FORGET RUSSIA. angry
Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by jimtemi1: 5:18pm On May 14, 2022
Igbofam:

Oga you actually think you know anything about anything grin

US LNG is cheaper for them and they are shoring up through Azerbaijan as well so stop burning up the very few brain cells you have left if at all you have any left.

Russian bots have been know to be very dumb so let me not task your brain too much.

For Bulgarian energy ministry to negotiate cheaper LNG from US and come out to say it is cheaper than Russian gas then best believe it is cheaper.

I know you want so badly for it to be propaganda (which is a Word you you Russian bots use when you want to make yourselves feel good) grin but it's sadly not for you.

Again, Russia has lost Bulgaria and you can choke on it cheesy
mature response kudos
Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by awulio(f): 5:18pm On May 14, 2022
Did you read the part where he said his not sure of the price yet? It could be cheaper or might not be based on logistics. The man is not sure of the price but signed a deal. Isnt that stupidity. Even italy Prime minister has told companies to buy russian oil and gas because its the cheapest. Do u really think us gas is cheaper than russian gas?

Igbofam:

Read the OP very well. All arrangements have already been made.

I am sure you are not more knowledgeable than those who put this deal together between USA and Bulgaria.

All the minute details logistically has been taken care of so stop worrying on their behalf.

They will get US LNG for cheaper than Russian Gas

Thanchu
Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by awulio(f): 5:21pm On May 14, 2022
If u think thats true then why doesnt usa supply lng to all of europe for cheaper price. Why did 2 days ago italy pm instruct their companies to start paying for russian oil and gas in ruble?
Igbofam:

Then consider it an abnormal day because Bulgaria would be getting LNG from USA at a cheaper rate than Russian gas.

Finito cheesy
Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by awulio(f): 5:23pm On May 14, 2022
Poland literally said they buying gas from germany. Where does germany get their gas from?
Igbofam:

You lot actually thinking Russian Gas is some kind of demi god Sha cheesy

Bulgaria and indeed the entire EU had existing plans to move away from Russian gas long before now.

This entire situation between Ukraine and Russia only helped speed up the process.

Bulgaria and Poland have been shut off since late April from Russian gas yet they are doing just fine with no riots or issues whatsoever and this is why as outlined by Aljazeera.

Read the below very slowly and carefully smiley

And the below explains why LNG to Bulgaria would be cheaper than Russian gas smiley

[b][/b]
Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by KillerCrocodile: 5:24pm On May 14, 2022
kaymart:

Which plan?
At the detriment of lives and properties in Ukraine.
What u r simply saying is that they scarificed Ukraine to see deal with Russia

The plan I referred to is the Energy Security plan..

As long as The EU keeps depending on Russian Energy, they are not safe...

Several American Administration have been sounding the alarm bells to the European Union but it fell on deaf ears.

Donald Trump went as far as referring to Germany as a slave that is being controlled by Russia due to her high dependency on Russian Energy.... See the picture below.

What US - EU diplomacy could not do, War has done it..

You are free to accuse the United States for the war in Ukraine.... That is your opinion and it is respected.

But the United States did not Invade Ukraine..... They are there to honor the Budapest Memorandum.

The United States would not be the only country that would benefit from this shift away from Russian Energy.

African nations stand to benefit if they have the capacity and take advantage of Europe's hunger for new suppliers.

What the war in Ukraine has exposed is the folly on the part of the EU, to think that doing business with Russia would stop them from their ultimate desire to restore the old Soviet Union.

1 Like

Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by GentleRay: 5:24pm On May 14, 2022
They ain't wise here. This decision were taken by political leaders not investors. We've had poor decisions taken by the so call super power.
Igbofam:

I am sure you are not more knowledgeable than those who put this deal together between USA and Bulgaria.

All the minute details logistically has been taken care of so stop worrying on their behalf.

Thanchu
Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by anonymous1759(m): 5:24pm On May 14, 2022
Igbofam:

https://www.euractiv.com/section/energy-environment/news/bulgaria-to-replace-russian-gas-supply-with-cheaper-us-lng/

Hausa Fulani FAM I won’t say anything grin grin grin
Indeed the gas are very cheap Kiki you know what USA is closer to Bulgaria lol keep on feeding your sheeps poo .
Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by Guyman02: 5:28pm On May 14, 2022
ocelot2006:
Cheaper US LNG? Hold on....I'm no Gas Engineer, but, I believe the gas in the US has to be liquified and stored in special tanks on LNG ships and transported ACROSS the ATLANTIC OCEAN to Europe to LNG terminals then pumped out, etc.

The Russian pipeline on the other is just a few kilometers away....

....yet the US LNG is cheaper?? How??

It's annoying responding to some people here who can't think rationally. How can US gas be cheap with all the logistics involved, common sense is not common for some

2 Likes

Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by kaymart: 5:29pm On May 14, 2022
KillerCrocodile:

The plan I referred to is the Energy Security plan..

As long as The EU keeps depending on Russian Energy, they are not safe...

Several American Administration have been sounding the alarm bells to the European Union but it fell on deaf ears.

Donald Trump went as far as referring to Germany as a slave that is being controlled by Russia due to her high dependency on Russian Energy.... See the picture below.

What US - EU diplomacy could not do, War has done it..

You are free to accuse the United States for the war in Ukraine.... That is your opinion and it is respected.

But the United States did not Invade Ukraine..... They are there to honor the Budapest Memorandum.

The United States would not be the only country that would benefit from this shift away from Russian Energy.

African nations stand to benefit if they have the capacity and take advantage of Europe's hunger for new suppliers.

What the war in Ukraine has exposed is the folly on the part of the EU, to think that doing business with Russia would stop them from their ultimate desire to restore the old Soviet Union.
I'm not accusing any country of being responsible for Ukraine invasion rather I'm referring to your claim of U.S plan of setting a trap for Russia.
How can u say that set trap at d expense of the very existence (live, territorial integrity, properties and culture) of Ukraine.?
Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by tnerro1(m): 5:33pm On May 14, 2022
Alamkir:

Even if the whole thing is believe able that " cheap US gas" u add just spoiled the whole thing. First off on a normal day Russian gas is cheaper than US, secondly, considering d logistics all the way from US it will be two times d price.
Thirdly, why only bulgary? The whole Europe is begging for gas, the US should supply nt just Bulgaria.

Fourthly, mmmmm ok thats it, there's no fourth

Please stop wasting your time replying that guy, he knows nothing.

1 Like

Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by KillerCrocodile: 5:35pm On May 14, 2022
alabo1:

You dont get it. Russian Gas can NEVER BE REPLACED ENTIRELY. THE TWO LARGEST CONSUMER IN EUROPE ARE GERMANY AND POLAND. THE VOLUME THEY PRODUCE IS MORE THAN THE US AND ALTERNATE SOURCES CAN SUPPLY THROUGH LNG. THE CAPACITY IS NOT THERE NOW AND WONT BE FOR EVEN 3 DECADES. PLEASE COUNTER ME SO I EDUCATE FURTHER AS NEEDED.

PEACE

I am not saying Russian Energy would be completely done away with...

But their focus and over-reliance on Russian Energy is a huge security risk for any alliance.

War has finally opened their eyes. Now they are running helter -skelter to reduce their over- dependce on Russian Energy.

Please, enlighten me the more about this matter......... Some of us are here to learn and relearn.

I appreciate people like you that talk sense unlike one beast above that insulted me.

2 Likes

Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by PoliteActivist: 5:38pm On May 14, 2022
tnerro1:

Please stop wasting your time replying that guy, he knows nothing.

The guy actually makes sense. US likes having HUGE strategic reserves. Who would believe US actually has almost double the oil of Russia!

Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by Bigchristo: 5:39pm On May 14, 2022
AllKnowing:
Okay okay igbofam! I have never bothered to comment on your many posts about Russia/ Ukraine/ US.

Wait, you’re a Nigerian like me yeah? What’s our gain if these nations kill themselves? But check out the image below and see why this new agreement may be a pipe dream. If it goes through, Bulgarians will bear the brunt of expensive logistics.

Or will the US subsidize gas for them
Sadly US can’t subsidize gas for them, they will buy it higher than Russian Natural gas but lip sealed just to please their Western allies and US, in a bid of making Russia look like they’re loosing, that’s all what they are trying to do with all their media propaganda, US is jealous of Russia business and deals still it’s none of our business.

1 Like

Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by NeoWanZaeed(m): 5:45pm On May 14, 2022
Meanwhile USA will buy the gas from Russia in rubbles .

People can't spot fake news at all
Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by NeoWanZaeed(m): 5:46pm On May 14, 2022
Bigchristo:
Sadly US can’t subsidize gas for them, they will buy it higher than Russian Natural gas but lip sealed just to please their Western allies and US, in a bid of making Russia look like they’re loosing, that’s all what they are trying to do with all their media propaganda, US is jealous of Russia business and deals still it’s none of our business.

You get sense

3 Likes

Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by Oyiboman69: 5:46pm On May 14, 2022
tamdun:

[b]Did you even consider the distance between US and Bulgaria? [/b]US gas can never be cheaper that Russia gas and incase u don't know, protest is going on in Bulgaria,some Europeans are getting tired already
do you know the distance between Nigeria and the USA?... Nigeria still export crude oil and after refining the crude oil, it will now be imported as petrol and other produce.....
Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by KillerCrocodile: 5:48pm On May 14, 2022
kaymart:

I'm not accusing any country of being responsible for Ukraine invasion rather I'm referring to your claim of U.S plan of setting a trap for Russia.
How can u say that set trap at d expense of the very existence (live, territorial integrity, properties and culture) of Ukraine.?

I said

"they set trap at the expense of the very existence of Ukraine" ?

Please kindly show me where I said that from my first post..

That was not what I meant by "TRAP"
in the earlier post.

THE US have been warning the EU for a long time...

Russian foreign ministry and other Anti-West News outlets countered that the US is jealous because they sell less LNG to Europe.

Now war has broke out in Europe. Could it not be said that the prophecy of the Russian foreign ministry is coming to pass ?

It is only natural that if the European Union move away from Russian Energy, the United States and other countries stand to gain.

1 Like

Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by Mftivi: 5:52pm On May 14, 2022
KillerCrocodile:
I love and would always support the United States.

But I must say here that Putin fell for their Trap.

The United States have been planning to divert the European countries from Russian gas to American gas for a long time without success.

But since Putin's invasion of Ukraine, their plan is seeing the light of day.

Nord Stream 2 is dead and buried
. Even Nord Stream 1 is on life support and may die a natural death if Germany and other EU countries can source for gas supply from other places.

Putin never saw this coming....

He was banking on division in the reaction among NATO and Western countries in response to his invasion.

If Donald Trump was President, that would be possible but not with Joe Biden as President.

Joe Biden is known as a Unifier. He is known for bringing different parties with different opinion to the table and coming up with a compromise plan of action.

Putin underestimated the European Union

Putin underestimated the old man in the oval office.

Putin's Russia fell for the trap that America has set for the Russian economy for a long time.

We are likely heading for a prolonged battle in Ukraine and with news like this, then the Russian economy would be severely dehydrated.... cheesy

Slava Ukraini....... Glory to the heroes.
lmao!
Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by Mftivi: 5:55pm On May 14, 2022
AllKnowing:

I dabbled a bit into psychology and clinical psychiatry and you fit a certain personality disorder:

1. Deriving perverse joy from a bad situation.
2. A closed mind to any contrary, albeit correct, opinion/ discourse.
3. Chasing shadows in a situation that does not benefit you but hoping that through it you will find closure or fulfillment.
he's extremely delusional
Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by texazzpete(m): 5:56pm On May 14, 2022
kaymart:

Which plan?
At the detriment of lives and properties in Ukraine.
What u r simply saying is that they scarificed Ukraine to see deal with Russia

A lot of Russian lives and equipment have been sacrificed too.

NeoWanZaeed:

Most Putin supporters are known to be brainless, but this your post even shocked me for the sheer inanity.
Have you had tertiary education?

1 Like

Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by Buckeyemedia1: 5:58pm On May 14, 2022
KillerCrocodile:
I love and would always support the United States.

But I must say here that Putin fell for their Trap.

The United States have been planning to divert the European countries from Russian gas to American gas for a long time without success.

But since Putin's invasion of Ukraine, their plan is seeing the light of day.

Nord Stream 2 is dead and buried
. Even Nord Stream 1 is on life support and may die a natural death if Germany and other EU countries can source for gas supply from other places.

Putin never saw this coming....

He was banking on division in the reaction among NATO and Western countries in response to his invasion.

If Donald Trump was President, that would be possible but not with Joe Biden as President.

Joe Biden is known as a Unifier. He is known for bringing different parties with different opinion to the table and coming up with a compromise plan of action.

Putin underestimated the European Union

Putin underestimated the old man in the oval office.

Putin's Russia fell for the trap that America has set for the Russian economy for a long time.

We are likely heading for a prolonged battle in Ukraine and with news like this, then the Russian economy would be severely dehydrated.... cheesy

Slava Ukraini....... Glory to the heroes.
Colonialist Zombie, Fela said “Black Man Know Yourself”.
Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by NeoWanZaeed(m): 6:00pm On May 14, 2022
texazzpete:

Most Putin supporters are known to be brainless, but this your post even shocked me for the sheer inanity.

grin

So you have no idea that USA will and is going to comply to Russia rulings on buying gas?

Educated professor grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by Buckeyemedia1: 6:00pm On May 14, 2022
texazzpete:

Shut up, you are the brainless one, Oyibo mentality 21st century slave.

What pursued them from Afghanistan, after spending $879 billion?

1 Like

Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by ericmani: 6:01pm On May 14, 2022
Igbofam:

Oga you actually think you know anything about anything grin

US LNG is cheaper for them and they are shoring up through Azerbaijan as well so stop burning up the very few brain cells you have left if at all you have any left.

Russian bots have been know to be very dumb so let me not task your brain too much.

For Bulgarian energy ministry to negotiate cheaper LNG from US and come out to say it is cheaper than Russian gas then best believe it is cheaper.

I know you want so badly for it to be propaganda (which is a Word you you Russian bots use when you want to make yourselves feel good) grin but it's sadly not for you.

Again, Russia has lost Bulgaria and you can choke on it cheesy

1 Like

Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by richeeyo(m): 6:01pm On May 14, 2022
Igbofam:

Thanchu
You Savage oo grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by KillerCrocodile: 6:01pm On May 14, 2022
olas24u:

155 billion cubic meters of gas, can be replaced with LNG? Lol, lies

Putin's General in Nairaland...

I Salute You...

Nobody is planning to totally replace the quantity of gas you supply the European Union.

But the over-reliance and over- dependency on your Energy would be gradually reduced.

Green energy is the future.

We cannot fund your War chest that you would use to Invade Europe Tomorrow.... cheesy cheesy

European Union must abandoned the bait of cheap gas from the Kremlin.

Every bait has a disastrous intention.

1 Like

Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by ISabiDisturb: 6:04pm On May 14, 2022
awulio:
Poland literally said they buying gas from germany. Where does germany get their gas from?

Poland isn't buying gas from Germany anymore. For years now they have been working on a gas pipeline between them, Lithuania, Finland, etc.

It has now come online. Russia cannot threaten Poland with gas cuts anymore.

1 Like

Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by AlphaTaikun: 6:04pm On May 14, 2022
Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by ISabiDisturb: 6:06pm On May 14, 2022
NeoWanZaeed:

You need to stop these lies.

USA stopped every Oil purchase from Russia since April 15th. That was the deadline given to all US entities still patronizing Russian crude.

All purchases ended April 15th.

US has never at any time paid for Russian crude in Rubles.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

IPOB Hails Trump Over Jerusalem Decision / Norway Shuts Borders, Ports To Russian Goods, Exempts Fishing Vessels / Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.