Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,243 members, 7,957,586 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:18 PM

Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? (14189 Views)

10 Common Misconceptions Guys Have About Nigerian Ladies / She Turned Me Down Now She Is Feeling Bad About My New Girlfriend. / Why Women Talk So Much And Men Talk So Little In A Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by SarahMaria: 12:32pm On Jul 14, 2011
Hmm.  Well, you can see why many of the people tells you that your man could have married you to get the "opportunities" in Austria that you think he wouldn't have gotten it in Nigeria.

My husband waited 2 years for me, because I was to young to marry him and it was hard for him. He could marry a lot of women this time to get what he want. A Nigerian women with Austrian citizenship was interested in him, but he waited for me and I think that speaks for him . Now he has me  wink, our lovely children and a good job in Austria what he wants more? His hopes for a better life , haben sich erfüllt   wink

So their concerns are sensible not saying it is true for YOUR MAN and that explains why Home Offices aren't issuing out any type of visas all nilly willies which is sad for those who are legit.  

Of course I understand.
Re: Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by dealordea(m): 12:32pm On Jul 14, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by Mamken(f): 12:33pm On Jul 14, 2011
SarahMaria:

this happen do me all the time. most is strangers who come up to me. They do not know us but they judge us  lipsrsealed

if a stranger speak to me, i'll 1. dont even liste ( WTF a stranger got to tell me!?!?!?  undecided ) and 2. where do they get time to talk to u if u dont give them the chance. i mean, r u shopping and they just stop u in the street to hold u a sermon abt ur husband!?!?  undecided

anyway, i personally have never experienced this kinda thing. . . it sound very funny to me.
Re: Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by SarahMaria: 12:33pm On Jul 14, 2011
Mr Chima you must know Austria very well .
Re: Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by MrsChima(f): 12:34pm On Jul 14, 2011
SarahMaria:

Mr Chima you must know Austria very well .

It is Mrs. and yes I am well traveled. wink
Re: Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by SarahMaria: 12:34pm On Jul 14, 2011

if a stranger speak to me, i'll 1. dont even liste ( WTF a stranger got to tell me!?!?!?  Undecided ) and 2. where do they get time to talk to u if u dont give them the chance. i mean, r u shopping and they just stop u in the street to hold u a sermon abt your husband!?!?  Undecided

anyway, i personally have never experienced this kinda thing. . . it sound very funny to me.

on partys from friends, in the bus, in other forums, this always happen. be lucky that it do not happen to you.
Are you a Nigerian ?
Re: Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by SarahMaria: 12:35pm On Jul 14, 2011

It is Mrs. and yes I am well traveled.

So you are one of the bad ones wink

Where have you been in Austria?
Re: Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by Mamken(f): 12:35pm On Jul 14, 2011
SarahMaria:

My husband waited 2 years for me, because I was to young to marry him and it was hard for him. He could marry a lot of women this time to get what he want. A Nigerian women with Austrian citizenship was interested in him, but he waited for me and I think that speaks for him . Now he has me  wink, our lovely children and a good job in Austria what he wants more? His hopes for a better life , haben sich erfüllt   wink

was kümmert dich dann was die anderen sage!?!?
as i said, what people say is not a factor. . .
Re: Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by SarahMaria: 12:36pm On Jul 14, 2011
hmm, natürlich hast du recht.

but I am thinking about this. Thats my kind of person cry

I do not take things easy.
Re: Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by MrsChima(f): 12:36pm On Jul 14, 2011
SarahMaria:

Of course I understand.

Longevity is what many Home Offices looks for the longer you know the person the more "credible" your case is.  If Austria is where he could prosper then God be with him.   cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by Mamken(f): 12:38pm On Jul 14, 2011
i'm not a nigerian.

i heard that austria is a very conservative country. . .that could be one reason why people talk to u this way.
if someone speak to u, just tell that this is a personal issue and that it doesnt concern any of them. change topic and enjoy the party . . . grin
Re: Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by MrsChima(f): 12:39pm On Jul 14, 2011
SarahMaria:

So you are one of the bad ones  wink

Where have you been in Austria?

I am not Nigerian suga and well traveled means I don't just google countries I visits them.   wink

Or you saying I am a bad person generally?  I could be.   wink  Hairspray and fire is my specialty.
Re: Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by SarahMaria: 12:40pm On Jul 14, 2011
someone here just said that  the Nigerians who travel are bad. You did not read it?
So you are not Nigerian, what are you and where have you been in Austria`?
Re: Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by koolkamzzy(m): 12:41pm On Jul 14, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Down killer down.   wink

So you saying your Nigerian husband moving or moved to Austria for a better life?   lipsrsealed

Well, she said it people!  

SarahMaria:

Yes of course. like most immigrants here.

[size=15pt]Thanks. we got lota foreigners here. why do you think they are here? if not in search of greener pasture[/size]

Mrs.Chima:

Hmm.  Well, you can see why many of the people tells you that your man could have married you to get the "opportunities" in Austria that you think he wouldn't have gotten it in Nigeria.  

[size=13pt]
So you are indirectly saying that your Nigerian man married you to get a better life
[/size]   LSMH
Re: Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by MrsChima(f): 12:44pm On Jul 14, 2011
koolkamzzy:

So you are indirectly saying that your Nigerian man married you to get a better life[/b][/color][/size]   LSMH

There are over 500 Nigerians born on American soil every year so you do know not all Nigerians aren't born in Nigeria right?  Of course you didn't.   lipsrsealed 

Nothing like a documented man grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by DaDoctor: 12:50pm On Jul 14, 2011
^^Mrs Chima , so you take your trade outside the shores of naija, ?^^
NA WA FOR U O!
Re: Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by MrsChima(f): 12:51pm On Jul 14, 2011
Huh?
Re: Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by SarahMaria: 12:56pm On Jul 14, 2011
'm not a nigerian.

i heard that austria is a very conservative country. . .that could be one reason why people talk to u this way.
if someone speak to u, just tell that this is a personal issue and that it doesnt concern any of them. change topic and enjoy the party . . . Grin

austria is changing at the moment. the situation for foreigners is worster than before. the Austrians are more , rechtsradikal , now. where are you from?
Re: Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by koolkamzzy(m): 1:01pm On Jul 14, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

That's why i check BIRTH Certificate

What happen to true love

Da Doctor:

^^Mrs Chima , so you take your trade outside the shores of naija, ?^^
NA WA FOR U O!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by onenighty: 1:12pm On Jul 14, 2011
undecided
Re: Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by MrsChima(f): 1:36pm On Jul 14, 2011
koolkamzzy:

You know about that trade huh? lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by MrsChima(f): 1:43pm On Jul 14, 2011
koolkamzzy:

What happen to true love

I don't know what happens to it. Did it ran away? undecided
Re: Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by Koolking(m): 2:48pm On Jul 14, 2011
All countries are endowed with bad and good people, otherwise, God will come down and resides among the 'all-good-people-country'. The fact is: whether you believe it or not (of course there is freedom of believe), Nigerians are the best and will remain the best anytime anywhere. A few bad ones can not change that.

@SarahMaria: Your destiny is in your hands, except you don't know that is why you allow people to belittle you becos of your choice,

It is up to you
Re: Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by 9jafetish(f): 3:30pm On Jul 14, 2011
koolkamzzy:

What happen to true love

i myself am african and half nigerian and its true. you nigerian men are players not all but most are, my aunt is nigerian and she always warns me about u guys. the thing is i never listened to her , which was a bad idea, if only i listened to her i would of never been screwed over and degraded.

1 Like

Re: Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by Creamish(f): 4:08pm On Jul 14, 2011
9jafetish:

i myself am african and half nigerian and its true. you nigerian men are players not all but most are, my aunt is nigerian and she always warns me about u guys. the thing is i never listened to her , which was a bad idea, if only i listened to her i would of never been screwed over and degraded.

Im surprised at dat statement. You alone can define how u see urself. No matter wat kinda stuff u go thru in life, u are left with a choice. If ur past relationship ended terribly to the point of dat statement, u have the choice to take ur pride, flush it down the drain and claim to be "degraded" . . .which every other person will see . .

orrrr . . .

U move on with ur pride intact, see it as HIS LOSS and maintain the self respect u know u have. That respect will mirror out in ur appearance and no one will see u as DEGRADED. Just a personal opinion.

@SarahMaria . . People will always talk . . . Listen to watever u think is worth listening to and shun d rest. Forget about wat people say about a nation cos im sure ur smart enuff to know that a survey was never conducted. NEVER allow side comments influence ur decision. U love ur husband. GOOD. Leave it dat way. Forget about other Nigerian men and watever trash-talk u hear from ur Austrian friends.
Re: Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by MrsChima(f): 5:25pm On Jul 14, 2011
9jafetish:

Hmm. You was with a bad apple that's all. Pick yourself up and dust it off. Keep your head up and look forward to something positive. It will be okay. kiss
Re: Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by dammytex: 6:37pm On Jul 14, 2011
WOW!!! I wonder what will be going on in the mind of SarahMariah. Firstly we Nigerians are not animals. We are a good people mixed with bad eggs occasionally, just like any other big country. On a forum like this, you only have to follow comments and advices that are are meaningful, helpful and practical and sieve out the junks. We Nigerians always make fun out of everything whether good or bad. If you choose to be naive about some of our comments, we'd only make fun of you the more.
Back to business, Being good or bad is no country's monopoly. The individual we are dealing with matters. If a guy is going to be bad, there are always some early signs to warn you, but most times we ignore them. Part of the issues with Nigeria is our population which accounts for these crime figures worldwide, since we are the most widely traveled. 18% annual crime victims in Austria amounts to about 1.8M crimes yearly. If you subject the same (percentage) crime rate to Nigeria, we are looking at almost 29M crimes annually. If you distribute 29m criminals, carrying Nigerian passport worldwide; then you would understand why people say a lot of trash about Nigerians even though I have just compared us with Austria using the same crime victims rate.
Please hold on to your marriage. You have a very wonderful Nigerian husband for you to always back him up. A good number of us Nigerian men are also here at home and we're representing Naija for life.
So if anybody asks you again or talks Nigerian men down again, tell them to go to hell and that you got the best husband in the world in a Nigerian. Thank you.
Re: Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by SarahMaria: 7:56pm On Jul 14, 2011
wink

I will do that smiley
Re: Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by 195(f): 8:01pm On Jul 14, 2011
Sarah Maria . . . do you currently have any friends ready to get married to another NIGERIAN man smiley
Re: Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by SarahMaria: 8:07pm On Jul 14, 2011
No sorry.

Most of my friends are already in relationships with different kind of men.

And when I think about it, all ma friends are together with non-Austrians , the friends who are with austrians broke up with me since I am with my husband. undecided
Re: Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by 195(f): 8:19pm On Jul 14, 2011
Racist shocked shocked
Re: Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? by SarahMaria: 8:24pm On Jul 14, 2011
I would not call them racist. They warn me. They always told me he is not good, he does not have future and I am to young to start a family. They was afraid I think.

But when you fall in love you can not understand that talking from your friends. I was so angry of them then.
I just wanted them to accept my husband undecided They could not, so it is better when they go.

My husband had a friend before. He was telling him that I am a blond LovePeddler. He should not be with me shocked That we white girls are all the same.
I think he was from Guinea. My man throw him out of our flat cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Never Miss A Girl With The Following Qualities.. / Whats The Best Way To React If You Found Your Spouse Cheating? / Discussing Your Relationship With Third Parties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.