Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,654 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me (38056 Views)

I called my ex. Please Don't Make This Mistake I Made. / People Who Came Back To Marry Their Ex's Please Advice Me . / I Just Can't Get Over My Ex After Years Of Breakup. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by gentlegenius(m): 4:17pm On May 22, 2022
Prettylitlady:
I had to break up with him due to the following reasons;
1. He has beaten me once and promised not to do it again but he still slapped me in every slightest provocation.
2. He wanted to go into yahoo yahoo. That's not the kind of partner I want, I want a legit hustler not a fraudster.
3. He sometimes cheats on me and I will forgive him always. He tells me I am the main while the others is just for cruise that every guy cheats
4. He suddenly started smoking and drinking due to friends influence I guess (Eew, I don't want that)
5. He is Lazy, always wanting big money buh doesn't want to work. I told him to Start from somewhere after our graduation no matter how little buh he won't heed.
6. He always talks dirty with his female friends even in my presence, I wonder what happens behind me.
Money is the only thing in this world that can make a sensible lady to stay and tolerate a man that does even one of these things you listed here. So, for you to have tolerated a POOR man that does all these, and even think about him after breaking up with him, shows that something is fundamentally wrong with you. YES! You have a serious problem, and I think it is psychological. The problem had overwhelmed your mind and completely eaten up your self esteem and self worth.
The only advice you need now is: SEEK HELP! SEE A PSYCHOLOGIST!
Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by afadi2410: 4:18pm On May 22, 2022
zexy2030:

This is the reason you can't make a good decision, foolish things becloud your senses. I pity u, if how you approach life, is being used to a pattern. You don't even have Idea of who u r chatting with. I wish u d best. Maybe others will advice you, as for me, I feel u r self opinionated, advicing you is a waste of effort. Because you won't listen.

Little boy, her birthday has nothing to do with any advice you want to give, so hush it.
Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by Segzy19: 4:18pm On May 22, 2022
The confused gender again...

You listed all the vices he is into, which made you leave him initially yet you still can't get over him?

Why tormenting yourself? Don't waste your new guy's time if don't have any feeling for him.

Being in a serious relationship requires maturity and objectivity. You have to be real and stick to your decision..

Free yourself!

1 Like

Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by Hespee93: 4:25pm On May 22, 2022
If what you stated above are truly the reasons why you brok up with him, then I say congratulations to you.

But, since you said yoi can't get over him, why don't you pray to God to deliver him from the said attitudes which you don't like?
Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by afadi2410: 4:26pm On May 22, 2022
omobolarinwa1:

Guy you get time.to.dey answer those mumusco..both Op and others battered you dont know.the power of zordiac sign thats why you cant give her the best advice she wanted i understand...we the legend knows how.to uproof any issue dealing with partners...i greet you

Lori iro, Zodiac sign ko, Zodiac sign ni
Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by osamagbesmart(m): 4:27pm On May 22, 2022
The woman's nature is that ,if you treat them Soo calmly,they will have time to be thinking if another guy that bully them,,one if my friends says that,if you treat a lady with iron hand,she will always be loyal to you and always respect you but if you treat her otherwise ,she will act just like you are currently doing

If I may get,you want Someone to advice you on what you should do to get over someone who beats you,cheat on you and is too lazy to take care of you , considering the fact that you have someone that give you the care , attention and love you have always wanted,plz guys learn from this girl,thats how those girls how,in my last breakup,my gf left me that treat,love and planned out life together for over 5 years of relationship,for a guy who was beating her and asking her to wash his cloths and prostate while greeting him in his local language,for that moment,I learnt that women don't need soft hand,if you want them to always remember and serve you like a king,you have to be go tough

1 Like

Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by AntiWailer: 4:28pm On May 22, 2022
My sister

U are not mentally ok.

God saved u from disaster u still cnt get over it.

if na d1ck, u better look for another nackademous.
Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by Bbbw: 4:29pm On May 22, 2022
You must have finesse him to broke this is not love it’s lust over what you got out of him
Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by idrisaleo1: 4:30pm On May 22, 2022
Prettylitlady:

Thank you. I appreciate your contributions. So how do I know the "right" one

Your current guy is the right one. I wonder why most of you guys wouldn't use your head. Someone treats you right, and you are not giving everything you have got to make it right? You will find the right guy in one that will take away your teeth.
Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by alizma: 4:48pm On May 22, 2022
Prettylitlady:
Goodday NL members.. I am here for any matured advice I can get as I understand we have matured people here who can talk senses into my head and make me realise one or two things.

I am in my mid 20's, I dated my Ex for few years, we were both students then in one of the West Universities (graduates now) and I really loved him, it was true love I felt for him to be honest, he wasn't working, I don't demand for money from him or anything, I sell clothes, shoes, bags and do other small businesses while schooling, that's how I foot my own Bills and also give him money sometimes when in need. His family knows me, my family knows him like we were so much in each other(or so I thought). I saw no other guy except him, I built my world around him, we were best of friends as I am an introvert and really don't keep friends so he was my all.
Even though it was a tough decision to make, I had to break up with him due to the following reasons;
1. He has beaten me once and promised not to do it again but he still slapped me in every slightest provocation.
2. He wanted to go into yahoo yahoo. That's not the kind of partner I want, I want a legit hustler not a fraudster.
3. He sometimes cheats on me and I will forgive him always. He tells me I am the main while the others is just for cruise that every guy cheats
4. He suddenly started smoking and drinking due to friends influence I guess (Eew, I don't want that)
5. He is Lazy, always wanting big money buh doesn't want to work. I told him to Start from somewhere after our graduation no matter how little buh he won't heed.
6. He always talks dirty with his female friends even in my presence, I wonder what happens behind me.

I ended the relationship after so much talking, pleas and counselling hoping he will change but he didn't. I dated another guy 2 months later, I know nobody is perfect but trust me when I say my current guy is all I ever wanted in a man. But the truth is I really do not love him that deep, He treats me fine and all but I still feel something for my ex maybe because I was already soo used to him. My boyfriend has told me to go back if that's what I want because he doesn't want a divided attention. I know I can't break up with him because it will hurt him so badly and my conscience won't even allow me because he has done literally nothing wrong, yes we normally have our ups and downs but he hasn't done anything worth breaking up over with.

I just need advice on how I can get this my ex off my head for good. We don't communicate, I have deleted all his numbers, We have been separated for few months now but I still think of him every single day even when I have a good guy already. I don't know what is wrong with me pleasee
1. If all you said about your ex are truth and nothing but the truth, then you did the right thing by leaving him.
2. You still have your ex in your head because you were with him for a reasonable period of time, I believe you will get over your attachment to him if you keep reminding yourself of your reason for leaving which are genuine than assumptions of why you think you should go back.
3. This may sounds somehow but I think you need to read about zodiac signs compatibility to be sure you are compatible with your present guy. He may be good in all sides but if you guys are not compatible, you will only be better as friends but not as couple.
4. Finally keep your focus in respect of who you are and the kind of life and partner that you want. Success

1 Like

Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by Viserion: 5:02pm On May 22, 2022
zexy2030:

What's your birthdate?
since he has started beating you..if you go back, it might lead to your early grave..just give your self time, don't compare your current partner with him..create new memories with you current one..live enjoy life..don't give life to the thought of your ex..don't ever go back it won't end well..
Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by DMerciful(m): 5:07pm On May 22, 2022
How old are you? There's no quality in your else that is making you continually love him. No wonder they say good girls love bad guys.

I don't thing you know what is good for you or youthful exuberance is still influencing you.
If I'm your new boyfriend, I'd dump your sorry ass
Prettylitlady:
Goodday NL members.. I am here for any matured advice I can get as I understand we have matured people here who can talk senses into my head and make me realise one or two things.

I am in my mid 20's, I dated my Ex for few years, we were both students then in one of the West Universities (graduates now) and I really loved him, it was true love I felt for him to be honest, he wasn't working, I don't demand for money from him or anything, I sell clothes, shoes, bags and do other small businesses while schooling, that's how I foot my own Bills and also give him money sometimes when in need. His family knows me, my family knows him like we were so much in each other(or so I thought). I saw no other guy except him, I built my world around him, we were best of friends as I am an introvert and really don't keep friends so he was my all.
Even though it was a tough decision to make, I had to break up with him due to the following reasons;

I ended the relationship after so much talking, pleas and counselling hoping he will change but he didn't. I dated another guy 2 months later, I know nobody is perfect but trust me when I say my current guy is all I ever wanted in a man. But the truth is I really do not love him that deep, He treats me fine and all but I still feel something for my ex maybe because I was already soo used to him. My boyfriend has told me to go back if that's what I want because he doesn't want a divided attention. I know I can't break up with him because it will hurt him so badly and my conscience won't even allow me because he has done literally nothing wrong, yes we normally have our ups and downs but he hasn't done anything worth breaking up over with.

I just need advice on how I can get this my ex off my head for good. We don't communicate, I have deleted all his numbers, We have been separated for few months now but I still think of him every single day even when I have a good guy already. I don't know what is wrong with me pleasee
Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by Kwechiri4dem: 5:08pm On May 22, 2022
My dear you can never stop loving him and just leave your current bench warmer boyfriend to have a life. The funny part is even if you continue with him you'll still be sleeping with your ex. I just pity the poor boy
Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by IamGreen1(f): 5:08pm On May 22, 2022
zexy2030:

This is the reason you can't make a good decision, foolish things becloud your senses. I pity u, if how you approach life, is being used to a pattern. You don't even have Idea of who u r chatting with. I wish u d best. Maybe others will advice you, as for me, I feel u r self opinionated, advicing you is a waste of effort. Because you won't listen.

You're too intelligent for my liking. Na real waste of time. Hopefully she won't share your advice with him grin. Time will heal her laslas

1 Like

Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by DaddyImon(m): 5:10pm On May 22, 2022
Thank you. I appreciate your contributions. So how do I know the "right" one[/quote]

How do you know "fake currency" from the "original currency" - it's by knowing attributes of original to detect fake ones cox it is not written on the forehead.
Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by ivandragon: 5:12pm On May 22, 2022
Prettylitlady:

If you are as 'good' as you say you are & your current boyfriend is as nice & committed as you insinuate, I strongly advice you to hold firmly to each other...

Except you are attracted to bad boys, then you should seek out your ex so you can continue on the path of perdition... the heart wants what the heart wants...
Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by IamGreen1(f): 5:14pm On May 22, 2022
Acidosis:

Smoker, woman beater, womaniser, lazy, fraudster and a potential ritualist is what is giving you sleepless nights? I don't think you're a serious person.

Not again you this man! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by Konjiboi: 5:14pm On May 22, 2022
It is normal for you to feel attached to people who abused you. It is called Stockholm syndrome. Google it. That you still have feelings for your ex doesn't make it right; or doesn't mean both of you are meant to com back.

All that you mentioned about him are very STRONG red flags. If you ignore those red flags you'll regret tomorrow.

Here's what you need: knowledge. Knowledge on relationship AND MARRIAGE.
How o you get this?
1. Books
2. Relationship counselors ad mentors.

Find good books on relationship and read. Google them.
On number 2, follow Allyson Hyacintho on Facebook, Ocholi Okutepa on Facebook (Relationship and Marriage group), Kingsley Okonkwo on Instagram. Read their posts. Buy there books. Gain insight.

I don't know much about your current boyfriend. But if you must leave him for any reason, NEVER go back to your ex. Ignore this at your own peril. I'm saying all these based on knowledge I've gained from the books I've read and the mentors I follow.

God Bless You.
Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by Elimon(m): 5:15pm On May 22, 2022
Prettylitlady:

Stay in your current relationship and build it... Believe me, u don't need to get married to who u love most to have a happy family. But stop cheating or trying to cheat with ur ex (thats what all these will end up)
Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by Hotguy27: 5:16pm On May 22, 2022
Prettylitlady:

Someone with all these bad characters listed above still has a woman thinking of him. Some women give men reason to treat them badly.
Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by blesoh(f): 5:18pm On May 22, 2022
Sis please run and don't look back, nothing about your ex is positive so please don't go back
Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by Oizee(f): 5:20pm On May 22, 2022
zexy2030:

What's your birthdate?
welcome chief Olododo
Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by DrDunamis(m): 5:21pm On May 22, 2022
Prettylitlady:

So often I wonder how and why folks so educated and properly schooled seem to act so unwise, cos your article is excellently written. And you've obviously given yourself more than enough reason to move on so why linger?
The challenge is you're actually craving for something that you think you get from being in a relationship with him whilst you're not.
Focus on your business and grow it into something big and globaly and see a better man come to you.
If you no wan hear your own advice go back make dem slap your eye blind.
Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by musiliyukayode(m): 5:27pm On May 22, 2022
My dear, I can feel for you and i hope The almighty God will direct you accordingly. My candid believe about relationship is that it is a woman who love and get married to a man. It may be difficult for you to forget about your EX if both of you are meant for each other since the absolute love comes directly from you. You are meant to be use for him at a later date. No matter who he is and how bad he treats you, you wont fill fulfilled until you finished the assignment. I will advise you go back to him because and allow God' s will to be done. He is your ordained man from heaven and you may not have happiness Where ever else you go since your love is absolute for him. There is likelihood that God will bring out an offspring that will be of an immense value to the world through both of you at a later date. God want to use you to better his life and the next generation later. I wish you the best of luck in life dear.
Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by luscioustrish(f): 5:37pm On May 22, 2022
Thebadpolitican:

A year plus ,mhen am imagining how rough your's was

Twas terrible
Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by Munzy14(m): 5:38pm On May 22, 2022
Prettylitlady:

You didn't allow yourself to heal before jumping into the next guy train...Now You are going to frustrate him knowingly or unknowingly...And he might be the good match for you, but you will make him have doubt about you.

Why the rush? Few months away from break up, you are with someone else...Women sef.

Yes, men take time to heal from a break up, unlike some women who gets the male attention here and there..

You didn't heal properly from your last relationship..Sorry to tell you this, you will always reminisce the moments spent with the ex.

If you heal properly, you won't even cherish those moments again, because your heart will be on the move in search of new love..

I pray your new guy can handle this case till you open your heart to him fully.
Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by teacherbim(f): 5:46pm On May 22, 2022
blazingblender:
Hmm I have been they before
The only way I got over her was to keep thinking about her
I thought about her to the extent that I became tired of thinking about her it became boring
She became normal
Anytime I want to think about her I will just feel bored
So I will advise you to just think about him
Don't try to force your self to stop cus it will make you keep thinking
Allow it flow till it becomes normal
Hmmmm
Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by MUAnaZephyr: 6:04pm On May 22, 2022
You deserve a very nice treat jare.

If only I am financially buoyant enough, I'd take you to an all expense paid trip to Dubai.
Irrespective of your gender
blazingblender:
you are welcome
And I noticed that maybe you accepted your new boyfriends proposal because you wanted to get over your ex
And that's wrong
Give love some space and heal
Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by MrQuadri: 6:31pm On May 22, 2022
Prettylitlady:

All I will say is, don't let your emotion becloud your judgement.
Use your head.
Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by phemmyfour: 6:39pm On May 22, 2022
Prettylitlady:

With all you write up there, he doesn't deserve you. No man has the right to beat a lady for any reason.

You can replace him in your heart with a better man, it's doable. Give the new man your heart, no one is irreplaceable
Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by AntiMen: 6:40pm On May 22, 2022
blazingblender:
Hmm I have been they before
The only way I got over her was to keep thinking about her
I thought about her to the extent that I became tired of thinking about her it became boring
She became normal
Anytime I want to think about her I will just feel bored
So I will advise you to just think about him
Don't try to force your self to stop cus it will make you keep thinking
Allow it flow till it becomes normal

Omo this was the method I used subconsciously to get over the crush I was having for my rev, indeed time is a perfect factor to allow all of one's desire(s) fall in place..

Now I see my rev as a normal friend unlike before...
Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by hope4nigeria(m): 6:41pm On May 22, 2022
Prettylitlady:

please quietly leave your new guy alone let him go and find a good woman for himself please I take God beg you, as for you and your Ex, he need to cut your head for success in his Yahoo Yahoo business because that's what you deserve and nothing else, my judgement based on your write up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What Are The Advantage And Disadvantages Of Arranged Marriage? / Side Effect Of Being A Virgin / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.