Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,825 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me (38042 Views)

I called my ex. Please Don't Make This Mistake I Made. / People Who Came Back To Marry Their Ex's Please Advice Me . / I Just Can't Get Over My Ex After Years Of Breakup. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by legionISproteus: 6:46pm On May 22, 2022
Prettylitlady:
Goodday NL members.. I am here for any matured advice I can get as I understand we have matured people here who can talk senses into my head and make me realise one or two things.

I am in my mid 20's, I dated my Ex for few years, we were both students then in one of the West Universities (graduates now) and I really loved him, it was true love I felt for him to be honest, he wasn't working, I don't demand for money from him or anything, I sell clothes, shoes, bags and do other small businesses while schooling, that's how I foot my own Bills and also give him money sometimes when in need. His family knows me, my family knows him like we were so much in each other(or so I thought). I saw no other guy except him, I built my world around him, we were best of friends as I am an introvert and really don't keep friends so he was my all.
Even though it was a tough decision to make, I had to break up with him due to the following reasons;
1. He has beaten me once and promised not to do it again but he still slapped me in every slightest provocation.
2. He wanted to go into yahoo yahoo. That's not the kind of partner I want, I want a legit hustler not a fraudster.
3. He sometimes cheats on me and I will forgive him always. He tells me I am the main while the others is just for cruise that every guy cheats
4. He suddenly started smoking and drinking due to friends influence I guess (Eew, I don't want that)
5. He is Lazy, always wanting big money buh doesn't want to work. I told him to Start from somewhere after our graduation no matter how little buh he won't heed.
6. He always talks dirty with his female friends even in my presence, I wonder what happens behind me.

I ended the relationship after so much talking, pleas and counselling hoping he will change but he didn't. I dated another guy 2 months later, I know nobody is perfect but trust me when I say my current guy is all I ever wanted in a man. But the truth is I really do not love him that deep, He treats me fine and all but I still feel something for my ex maybe because I was already soo used to him. My boyfriend has told me to go back if that's what I want because he doesn't want a divided attention. I know I can't break up with him because it will hurt him so badly and my conscience won't even allow me because he has done literally nothing wrong, yes we normally have our ups and downs but he hasn't done anything worth breaking up over with.

I just need advice on how I can get this my ex off my head for good. We don't communicate, I have deleted all his numbers, We have been separated for few months now but I still think of him every single day even when I have a good guy already. I don't know what is wrong with me pleasee

We no longer advise based on one-sided stories again. Make we hear from all parties involved before we advise.
Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by lavenjcrown(m): 6:51pm On May 22, 2022
Take it easy bro. Your comment here is too harsh.
zexy2030:

This is the reason you can't make a good decision, foolish things becloud your senses. I pity u, if how you approach life, is being used to a pattern. You don't even have Idea of who u r chatting with. I wish u d best. Maybe others will advice you, as for me, I feel u r self opinionated, advicing you is a waste of effort. Because you won't listen.
Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by Torresmannl(m): 6:58pm On May 22, 2022
I think that you have not completely healed from your last relationship before getting into another one. You got into this relationship as a rebound of your last one that's why you feel the way you feel.

You need to completely get over your ex first, get over the hurt you feel before moving forward with this relationship.
You have to explain things to your new guy. Be open and honest about it. If he truly believes that you both are meant to be, as hard as it may seem, he'll give you time to process things.

2 Likes

Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by rickleye: 7:13pm On May 22, 2022
Prettylitlady:
Goodday NL members.. I am here for any matured advice I can get as I understand we have matured people here who can talk senses into my head and make me realise one or two things.

I am in my mid 20's, I dated my Ex for few years, we were both students then in one of the West Universities (graduates now) and I really loved him, it was true love I felt for him to be honest, he wasn't working, I don't demand for money from him or anything, I sell clothes, shoes, bags and do other small businesses while schooling, that's how I foot my own Bills and also give him money sometimes when in need. His family knows me, my family knows him like we were so much in each other(or so I thought). I saw no other guy except him, I built my world around him, we were best of friends as I am an introvert and really don't keep friends so he was my all.
Even though it was a tough decision to make, I had to break up with him due to the following reasons;
1. He has beaten me once and promised not to do it again but he still slapped me in every slightest provocation.
2. He wanted to go into yahoo yahoo. That's not the kind of partner I want, I want a legit hustler not a fraudster.
3. He sometimes cheats on me and I will forgive him always. He tells me I am the main while the others is just for cruise that every guy cheats
4. He suddenly started smoking and drinking due to friends influence I guess (Eew, I don't want that)
5. He is Lazy, always wanting big money buh doesn't want to work. I told him to Start from somewhere after our graduation no matter how little buh he won't heed.
6. He always talks dirty with his female friends even in my presence, I wonder what happens behind me.

I ended the relationship after so much talking, pleas and counselling hoping he will change but he didn't. I dated another guy 2 months later, I know nobody is perfect but trust me when I say my current guy is all I ever wanted in a man. But the truth is I really do not love him that deep, He treats me fine and all but I still feel something for my ex maybe because I was already soo used to him. My boyfriend has told me to go back if that's what I want because he doesn't want a divided attention. I know I can't break up with him because it will hurt him so badly and my conscience won't even allow me because he has done literally nothing wrong, yes we normally have our ups and downs but he hasn't done anything worth breaking up over with.

I just need advice on how I can get this my ex off my head for good. We don't communicate, I have deleted all his numbers, We have been separated for few months now but I still think of him every single day even when I have a good guy already. I don't know what is wrong with me pleasee

IMO .
First of all. Good riddance to bad rubbish!
I think you’ve got a good thing going.
You’re smart, intelligent and have your priorities set straight.
I also say a broken relationship is better than a broken marriage. So the truth is “ this too shall pass “ . “ there’s also light at the end of the tunnel”. No matter how brutal - it will heal as time heals all wounds!
What I do to get over a breakup are 3 things
- I write down all my feelings on a piece of paper . Pros and cons . Cry and then tear or burn it up.
- I have my heart broken jamming songs
* Tony - How can an angel break my heart ;
Adele - Any song from 19 & 21; Mary J )
What these songs do is to take me through a rage of emotions - “Sad, depressed to strength and confidence”
- It’s always nice to have some girlfriends to lean on .
I mourn the relationship ( I invested in it , so it’s painful but after 3 days or a week) I move on. By mourning I try not to bring my baggage to a new relationship.

It seems you’ve got a new (good) guy. It will take a while to fully open your heart to him. Let him know that you’re fully committed to him and as time goes by - the old relationship will be a thing of the past. And instead this will bloosom

Good luck
Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by seanwilliam(m): 7:19pm On May 22, 2022
Women love toxic men

1 Like

Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by tianshie(m): 7:37pm On May 22, 2022
Prettylitlady:

Which words

Basically sexual intercourse with the no-good dummkopf boyfriend was a la po:rnhub.
Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by Omojowofestus(m): 7:49pm On May 22, 2022
I believe this is my first time of commenting on people's posts on NL other than mine. So pardon my manner as a novice to that effect.

Briefly, I have few questions to put forward to you dear sis.
1. Did you and your "Ex" at any point during your relationship have sex?
2. Apart from academic, on what platform did you people meet and base your friendship... By this I mean, assumption, give "n" take, social factors of not to be alone, stigmatisation or...?
3. What's your understanding and definition of love for your "Ex" and the "Y" (on a lighter mood) I mean the current guy?

Then we can start from somewhere ma.
God bless you
Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by AutoRedux: 7:54pm On May 22, 2022
Some people stupid Sha. So you want to be with someone who beats you. Mumu girl.
Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by Lucasmuyiwaa: 7:58pm On May 22, 2022
Prettylitlady:

You broke up with your ex because he don’t want you to control him in the relationship but you want to stand like bread winner of the relationship and you seem stubborn too.

Well In more time you will start forgetting ur ex no matter how long.

Because you are the one giving ur ex money now he should turn himself to woman and let you be controlling him abi ?

Your ex too will want to act as a man because he can’t loose financially and still loose as a man.

You wanted to break up with ur ex before now but broke boys know how to f**k and show extra caring sometimes maybe when you dash him like 3k and you self will start blushing sheepishly when he start calling you sweet names then u forget he had slapped you earlier that week lol.

So this your new relationship you feel like you can’t control it because this guy seem to be financially okay pass you. and two Kings no fit dey palace.

Your ex too will also be missing you but you don’t see his mind and himself don’t know you feel like this too.

If he’s still broke and still not working he will even miss you more and want you to come back because of all those chicken change you give am chai ! Lazy ass ex of yours lol He is someone like me but me I still dey see small small change without anybody support but my work na lazy work and I expect to hit it big soon.

Now your present boyfriend is telling you that you’re free to go and meet your ex ? He want to play maturity to you but what if he doesn’t even love you too because he is someone’s ex too and probably still have feelings for her and can’t get along with you too lol

Well if you still have the chance to talk to your ex call him and fix a place to see him but just pray make e never make am big pass you like this because he no go hear ur word again and probably might have been in another relationship with another girl giving him money.

Since you seem to really love him and he’s your heart desire and Na you know what you see in him for loving him so much even though he’s broke.

If God permits you to reconcile with him just forget your present boyfriend because you’re not destined together since you don’t love him and the fool too telling you you’re free to go and reconcile with your ex Lol ..Na scope e dey use himself no like you or he’s tired of hearing your conversations about your ex.

Meanwhile, your present boyfriend might love you and have good plans for you but you know you don’t even love him So no word again.

If it goes well back with both of you then you will stop bossy attitude to your ex and I pray himself should have level up and still have feelings for you.

If I were you , I will be dating another guy secretly after reconciling with my ex. Lol Not this present one though.
Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by omobolarinwa1(m): 8:11pm On May 22, 2022
afadi2410:

Lori iro, Zodiac sign ko, Zodiac sign ni
Cuz you are ignorance on how to make use of the sign so shoot your mouth up..if you want to try me dm i will go deep for you with your DOB and reavel things for you..
Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by Lucasmuyiwaa: 8:16pm On May 22, 2022
zexy2030:

What's your birthdate?
Person say make you advise am you’re asking of her age. Oya she’s 50 years old.
Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by Lucasmuyiwaa: 8:18pm On May 22, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
your current bf aint the "right" one, he is just the current toto warmer....but then again, what you have for the ex is genuine love/care, and as much as he is no good, you gave a few years of your life to him, thus it will take a while to get him off your skin.

TIME is all you need to forget your ex. so take your time and eventually you will find someone right for you.... but whatever you do, NEVER EVER go back to your ex.

Why she can’t go back to her ex. He go kill her ?
Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by elipheleh(m): 8:23pm On May 22, 2022
Prettylitlady:

I swear.. He is asking as if he knows me personally

Listen if you need advice humble yourself to learn.

In life everything is not by muscle or ego.

Even me I understand why he asked your birth date.

What he in interested is in the day and Month.

He probably knows astrology or studied zodiac signs and would have profferred a solution to you that corresponds to your birth date. According to such believes your birth Month tells clues about why people behave certain way and how to help such people.

Though I personally have a belief against lunar or zodiac signs.

Be humble in life and learn.

Don't insult away your destiny helpers away from yourself
Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by elipheleh(m): 8:26pm On May 22, 2022
MrBrownJay1:

you ask for the date of her birth, so YES you are asking for personal information that is irrelevant to you (or this thread)... we can only assume that you want to confirm that she is/aint who "you" think she is... to the point where you got butthurt when she refused to give you her birthdate, lol!

he thinks he knows you (or he believes that you are someone he knows) thats why he asked for your personal informations...in order to confirm whether you are "that person" or not. see now how he is throwing insults left right center, like a childish teenager who got grounded!

You are very uneducated. I see you as an illiterate on this forum.

So in all your learning, you have never heard of people solving people's problems using zodiac signs and date of birth?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by Clinghton: 8:27pm On May 22, 2022
Very nice decision to break up, many don't have such courage.

You need to tell yourself those things that made you to break up and decide to let go.
Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by Lucasmuyiwaa: 8:30pm On May 22, 2022
Your present boyfriend you just met said you are free to go and meet ur ex and you self don’t love the guy already ... Gbemidebe �

It’s either love never develop inside both of you for each other or that your new boyfriend don’t even love you too but just normal relationship he want to have with you wey no care to break anytime.

1 Like

Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by shineeye1: 8:32pm On May 22, 2022
Prettylitlady:

Breaking from a prolonged intimacy is not easy for anyone. But you broke up with your friend on the grounds of his poor character, your personal principles and his violence. Very valid grounds. But if you are not disciplined and strong enough to respect your own decisions then you not even better than him. You are birds of identical plumage and you were only forming. Decide who you really are and stop this silly attempt of getting others to define you
Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by Rhozabeth(m): 8:36pm On May 22, 2022
The op took a good decision to end the relationship, why u can't get over him is what i don't understand! He is probably ur first love but babe u need to move on and dont let this affect ur next relationship and u needto start dating so as to forget his ex!
Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by Easylife338: 8:44pm On May 22, 2022
LofP:
If you listed all these red flags and you still feel like going back to him, then you have a problem.

Please move on.

Being lazy means he may use you for rituals if his friends follow a similar path.

Beating you means if you return and you mess up, he will treat your mess up properly. He may even delay the beating to make you feel comfortable, then when your guard is down, he will descend on you mercilessly.

He cheats and that's okay with you? Like you could easily get infected because you have an attachment to an irresponsible fellow.

Is that the kind of life you would like to live?

Some people choose their own death

1 Like

Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by favour32(m): 9:07pm On May 22, 2022
A relationship research prove that girls are easily tired of good guys.
So,go and meet ya ex nai good but nor ever come back to nairaland come complain o.
Na second journey kill Mungo Park
Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by tete7000(m): 9:46pm On May 22, 2022
Prettylitlady:

You can see confused children everywhere. They don't even have an iota idea of what live is.
Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by obynokoko: 10:01pm On May 22, 2022
Prettylitlady:

Thank you. Truly it is hard to stop thinking about him. Maybe it will become boring with time like you said. Thanks

Do you know you can control what you think about.
Stop thinking about him,maybe he is good in bed so all the sex experiences you had with him is what is occurring in your brain.stop the thought because you can if you determine.whenever the thought about him occur in your brain,stop it immediately and with time you will forget him completely.never go back to him because he is a bad boy and may use your head for yahoo plus.
Focus on the new BF and give your best for him and soon enough,you will be deeply in love with him.
Best regards
Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by soaksman: 10:28pm On May 22, 2022
Hi dear,
You left your ex for all the right reasons...what you are going through is not uncommon or unnatural, You see, you built emotional tie with your ex overtime, the long period of time the relationship lasted. The bond you shared with him,the closeness,the sex... that's what you are missing and that's what your whole being is dealing with now.
But the truth is that you will eventually get over him with time...it is not going to be automatic, but all these right reasons that you listed that made you leave him will eventually strengthen your resolve to completely get over him and totally put him in your past where he absolutely belongs ☺️...good luck �

1 Like

Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by adisacool: 10:50pm On May 22, 2022
PACK YOUR THINGS AND GO.
DO NOT TOLORATE ABUSIVE RELATIONSHIP.
LEARN TO FORGET THE PAST AND MOVE ON.
RELATIONSHIP IS NOT BY FORCE BUT CHOICE.
IF YOU DECIDE TO GO WITH YOUR LISTED ATTRIBUTE OF YOUR GOOD FOR NOTHING BOYFRIEND, ITS BEST UNDERSTOOD BY YOU.

1 Like

Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:02pm On May 22, 2022
Pharaoh4rin:
It's for zodiac signs. Daz all

then a simple :" whats your zodiac sign?" question, will do...
Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by Acidosis(m): 11:38pm On May 22, 2022
IamGreen1:

Not again you this man! grin grin

cheesy
Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by lilyheaven: 11:52pm On May 22, 2022
no try am
Prettylitlady:

Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by Naijaprosper: 12:10am On May 23, 2022
Decide to be on the side of wisdom, the better side.

Like the Bible says, the wise man foresees the evil ahead and averts it, you have done very very well in leaving him and that should be forever and ever.

Whatever love you feel for him would have been tested and lost over time anyway, with his woman hitting habit.

We have all had exes and I can tell you, if you allow it, time will help to straighten your head and forget him. You might even see him in future and wonder how you could have liked someone like him.
Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by frozen70(f): 3:45am On May 23, 2022
Prettylitlady:

Nothing is wrong with you, but you have to prepare yourself by forgetting everything about him and move on with your current relationship before you fall out

Your former relationship was not favorable to you because he was a paracite to you

If you don't appreciate your current relationship, you may loose him and the next one you will get may be a termite relationship

Love grows gradually know that pls
Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by nobleagu: 4:36am On May 23, 2022
With all the attributes of ur ex you had listed, I wonder why u are still killing yourself over him. He doesn't worth you, except you are not thinking about your future. The school days are gone, this is another phase of life, it might actually take you some time to get over him but I tell you, you sure have to. Give the new guy a chance if he's got what you need in a man and reciprocate the feelings he has for you.
Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by bejick(m): 5:07am On May 23, 2022
Prettylitlady:

Yes he was the one that deflowered me. How do I do that??

Pls there is no soul tie anywhere, don't let anyone deceive you. If you eyes are still open that you can still write all this red flags then you are 50% delivered. This what you do

1) don't ever try to see him face to face if you do he will chop you and the cycle continues.

2) I know you still write his number somewhere and keep thinking should just call him to ask how his day is going, don't give devil that chance.

3) He doesn't love you, he is only using for his survival, if you stop giving him money he is gone.

4) He can easily kill you either by domestic violence (DV) or use you for Ritual since you are his mugu.

5) whenever his thoughts come to your mind remember that your death is in his hands.

6) Always remember all this red flags, love is not enough when it comes to marriage. Compactibility is. You are in love and be chopping beating everyday. Remember Osinachi the songstress.

7) He doesn't have a good mentor or friends, so who are you going to run that will caution him?? Nobody cos all his friends are bad guys with no great future.

cool All you need is someone that cares and respect you as a woman. With time love will develop.

Time will heal you, after awhile you will look back and be like did I really date this guy and was in love with him. Las las for whatsoever reason Don't ever go back to your Ex, see him as death and you will be fine.
Re: Can't Get Over My Ex. Please Advice Me by bejick(m): 5:21am On May 23, 2022
musiliyukayode:
My dear, I can feel for you and i hope The almighty God will direct you accordingly. My candid believe about relationship is that it is a woman who love and get married to a man. It may be difficult for you to forget about your EX if both of you are meant for each other since the absolute love comes directly from you. You are meant to be use for him at a later date. No matter who he is and how bad he treats you, you wont fill fulfilled until you finished the assignment. I will advise you go back to him because and allow God' s will to be done. He is your ordained man from heaven and you may not have happiness Where ever else you go since your love is absolute for him. There is likelihood that God will bring out an offspring that will be of an immense value to the world through both of you at a later date. God want to use you to better his life and the next generation later. I wish you the best of luck in life dear.

I don't subscribe to this advice, there no person that is meant for one person. One can find love anywhere and anyhow but you see abusive relationship is not is. There is no love in it. You cannot love someone and be beating the person.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Side Effect Of Being A Virgin / Should I Let Him Go Or Should I Stay And Try? / What Are The Advantage And Disadvantages Of Arranged Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.