Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,719 members, 7,831,292 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder (25480 Views)

Why Buhari’s Quiet Over Allegations Of Irregularities Against INEC — Garba Shehu / Apostle Chibuzor Hands Over DEBORAH ESTATE To Deborah Samuel's Parents (Photos) / 20 People Convert To Christianity Over Deborah Samuel's Death - Father (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by fkj950ax(m): 1:03pm On May 15, 2022
God1000:
I remember when

I don’t know if it’s the mods or you that picked this topic, but please note Nigerian celebrities are human also.
They don’t have a responsibility to coordinate aluta. They never promised you activism when you buy their works or go to shows
You can host a candle light for her, you are also human like them.
Let’s stop arm twisting them
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Sheggy13(m): 1:04pm On May 15, 2022
logiccal:

Anyways, I don't understand what Christians gain by insulting Islam and their religious figures. I hardly see a Muslim publicly insult the religion of Christianity...

Y'all keep saying how barbaric and inhumane these people are, yet you keep provoking them.

Like it or not, what Deborah did was stupid.

and judging by how fluent she is in Hausa language, she already knew the weight of what she was about to do. She already knew Muslims would do anything if she insulted Prophet Muhammad ﷺ yet she went ahead with it.

(I heard) they even requested her to make an apology so that everything will be gone, but she refused... For whatever reason known to herself.

If you're in Rome do as Romans do, you can't be in Sokoto and think you could get away with insulting the Prophet and ridiculing him.

Even if she had managed to escape on that Thursday, as far as she's in Sokoto they would find a way to get to her.
Continue blaming the dead. Throughout this your epistle, there was no condemnation for the terrorists that killed the poor girl only blames for her. Will you stop this stupid lies of saying Muslim don't insult Christianity. They do it especially prominent ones among them. Just last month, we all witnessed the ridiculing of Christ's resurrection during Easter by the Sterling bank MD. Who can also forget El-Rufai's blasphemous tweet about Jesus Christ when he was taunting Jonathan in the build-up to 2015 election? Christians did not go about looking for how to kill them.

2 Likes

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by logiccal: 1:04pm On May 15, 2022
Muna400:
seriously I don't know wat possesed her.. Am not supporting what dey did but as a Christian if a person insults God in my presence, I will be sad but all in all, she didn't just apply wisdom.. May she rest in peace and may all religion learn to Co exist with each oda without wahala

That's it. Let us all learn to coexist.

Whenever I was in a place that I am not native to.
I try my absolute best to not offend anyone.

I live in India, in as much as love to visit a temple... I still resist the temptation I have for it. I thought to myself, what if they found out I am not a Hindu. What if non Hindus aren't welcome here and I get myself into trouble.

If you're living in Christian, respect their Bible and religion.

If you're living among Muslims, respect their religion and Prophet Muhammad.

Simple.
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by bonnyhope: 1:05pm On May 15, 2022
Righthussle:
They talk only when it's about a man marrying a second wife.

Or

When it's about a girl of 10 having sex

When a woman dies as a result of domestic domestic violence like Osinachi

Had it been that Deborah's husband left her or married a second wife, all members of Women /Girls Association of Nigeria would have made a post about it on socialmedia.

If you're a woman/girl and you made a post on social media during Yul Edochie's second wife gist, Osinachi's death or the Chrisland sex scandal and you are yet to make a post about Deborah's gruesome murder.

I want to curse you specially

May palm kernel block your anus forever.
May your period never stop.
May you always see Deborah's face in your dream.
May your mother in law hate you forever.
May your husband marry several wives.
May your food be tasteless in your husband's mouth.

Funny
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by tsdarkside(m): 1:06pm On May 15, 2022
God1000:
I remember when George Floyd was killed in America by white police officers, Nigerians protested in Abuja and Lagos.

I'm not saying that was bad though, he was a black man like me.

But here is my grouse, Africans and nigerians in particular are always quick to show support when something happens elsewhere, but they will not do anything when it comes to fellow Nigerians.

By now, there should be massive protest across the country demanding for justice, but none of that is happening

No one is holding any vigil for her, why are we doing this to ourselves?

look who dey talk....
no be your kind abuse nigerians the most....??

zoo,burn etc.....
you are surrounded by muslims and you are not careful....very silly....
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Nobody: 1:06pm On May 15, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

[s]Don't try to give excuses for burning a human being, that is just barbaric[/s]
And where did i do just That? U are either mad or can't read. Abeg stay out of my mentions pls. I no quote u before
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by oxygeng: 1:07pm On May 15, 2022
logiccal:

What I said was, considering the environment she was in, what she did was stupid.

And I still stand by my statement.
you are the stupid one in this context. What environment; Jupiter or Pluto? Northern almajiris are just cashing in on voids created by a crooked system. Why will a sane system runs on two parallel constitutions?
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by logiccal: 1:09pm On May 15, 2022
Pio44:
Ur Mohammed is a barstard, fu..ck him on his grave

Oga, let's learn to respect each other's beliefs and religions.

That's all I got to say to you.
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by naikeboy(m): 1:09pm On May 15, 2022
Who there talk go help na... Or wetim them wan talk na....
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Father4all: 1:11pm On May 15, 2022
God1000:
I remember when George Floyd was killed in America by white police officers, Nigerians protested in Abuja and Lagos.

But here is my grouse, Africans and nigerians in particular are always quick to show support when something happens elsewhere, but they will not do anything when it comes to fellow it's because is not Igbo

By now, there should be massive protest across the country demanding for justice, but none of that is happening

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by KingWarri: 1:11pm On May 15, 2022
P1PrinceKT:

May be you're joking.

But we don't joke with matters like this we're serious.
Respect us we respect you do otherwise we'll do otherwise
I rather respect a dead man than a head slammer angry
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Chickensoup: 1:11pm On May 15, 2022
Enough is enough.

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Father4all: 1:11pm On May 15, 2022
God1000:

But here is my grouse, Africans and nigerians in particular are always quick to show support when something happens elsewhere, but they will not do anything when it comes to fellow it's because is not Igbo

its because she is not Igbo
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Sleekfingers: 1:11pm On May 15, 2022
God1000:

But here is my grouse, Africans and nigerians in particular are always quick to show support when something happens elsewhere, but they will not do anything when it comes to fellow Nigerians.

Because nigeria is the headquarter of hypocrites in the world......

An innocent lady was killed and burned like a chicken.... Even christian association of nigeria ( CAN) ain't doing nothing about it.....

1 Like

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by logiccal: 1:12pm On May 15, 2022
specialmati:
grin grin grin grin no no no that's what you imply by your writing. Since you guys can kill anyone that say anything against una god and religion. It implys its a religion of murderers who murder for their religion and god. That's the truth from our discussion. Repent and accept jesus christ
That's not what I was saying. Maybe that's just how it gets over to you.

as Sheikh Ja'far of Kano said, "the law isn't in my hand or your hand. It's in the hand of the government."

I appreciate you calling me to Christianity. But I am not fully convinced.

Looking forward to having that conversation with you. Maybe on a different thread.
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Sheggy13(m): 1:12pm On May 15, 2022
Onokwu001:
You guys thought celebrities don't have sense like you guys talking bad the whole thing?
It's better to be silent than put mouth in what doesn't concern you. This is religious matters let the people in that field handle it.
It has always been death penalty for blasphemimg
You're simply a mad person to support killing a fellow human being for not agreeing with your religion. In which court is death penalty the reward for penalty, and which court pronounced her guilty of blasphemy and gave a death sentence on her for your fellow animals to kill her in such gruesome way?

1 Like

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by DEADALIVE: 1:12pm On May 15, 2022
logiccal:

Say what you want.

I still stand by my statement.

Considering the fact that she's fluent in Hausa, which means she knows how dear Prophet Muhammad is to the Muslim community. And considering the environment she lives in. WHAT DEBORAH DID WAS STUPID. PERIOD.
Like say i no school for thesame north for 10years....
Even you gaaan them no born you well make you yarn all this for my presence...you go collect asap!
I no wan know who u be?
God punish all of una wey kill that innocent girl.
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Parisian: 1:14pm On May 15, 2022
And if you're a man and you made a post when You married another wife but didn't make a post over Deborah's murder may all the curses you typed befall you and your I'll in 100 folds.
Righthussle:
They talk only when it's about a man marrying a second wife.

Or

When it's about a girl of 10 having sex

When a woman dies as a result of domestic domestic violence like Osinachi

Had it been that Deborah's husband left her or married a second wife, all members of Women /Girls Association of Nigeria would have made a post about it on socialmedia.

If you're a woman/girl and you made a post on social media during Yul Edochie's second wife gist, Osinachi's death or the Chrisland sex scandal and you are yet to make a post about Deborah's gruesome murder.

I want to curse you specially

May palm kernel block your anus forever.
May your period never stop.
May you always see Deborah's face in your dream.
May your mother in law hate you forever.
May your husband marry several wives.
May your food be tasteless in your husband's mouth.

1 Like

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Sleekfingers: 1:14pm On May 15, 2022
Puskas:
Simply say you are looking for cheap attention

Did you say cheap attention? In this part of the world, we don't value human lives. Na to dey dwell on trivialities on social media.....a student was killed like a chicken, and you said, he is looking for cheap attention.....
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by maestroferddi: 1:15pm On May 15, 2022
logiccal:

What I said was, considering the environment she was in, what she did was stupid.

And I still stand by my statement.
You can only deceive some cowardly non-Muslims.

For me who have been studying Islam for years....all of you are the same.

Your appetite for blood is unparalleled.

What the girl did is now immaterial, what a responsible person should mind is the tendency, for undesirable and murderous elements calling themselves followers of Muhammad, to take laws into their hands.

We cannot continue condoning this madness...
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Parisian: 1:16pm On May 15, 2022
Receive sense... It was men like you who killed her. Why then are you expecting only women to speak about it. Are women the one who killed her? Nonsense.
GoooodHardDick:
Because they're all idiots and cowards. angry

They always talk when the issue is about a man getting married to another wife or when it's about false allegation rape. Idiots!

Where's that stupid girl on nairaland who always create post and scream the Future is werey? I have never seen her nor any werey feminist created any post nor commented about this Deborah's issue. Abi is Deborah not a female? Idiots and cowards!

1 Like

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Nobody: 1:18pm On May 15, 2022
killmods:

And where did i do just That? U are either mad or can't read. Abeg stay out of my mentions pls. I no quote u before

I don't have to explain it to you like a child.

Human burning or jungle justice is barbaric and evil.
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by specialmati(m): 1:18pm On May 15, 2022
logiccal:

as Sheikh Ja'far of Kano said, "the law isn't in my hand or your hand. It's in the hand of the government."

Looking forward to having that conversation with you. Maybe on a different thread.
cool cool cool waooh OK Christianity is a wonderful thing. Accept jesus christ as your personal saviour, you study his lifestyle very simple allowing the Holy spirit to help you live it out. You are never going to fight for jesus. All you need is to live his life and you have peace and always show love. Nothing concern you with what other are saying about him. You live peaceful and happy at all times
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by logiccal: 1:19pm On May 15, 2022
Guyman02:

You are a bloody liar, they didn't give any opportunity to even explain herself or clarify if she aimed to insult your prophet.
Even when they were killing her she used the name of your Allah to beg for mercy but all that fell on deaf ears and that's what you are subtly supporting shocked
If you read my statement, you'd have seen how I said (I heard).

Your second paragraph, I can't say for sure that's what happened. Because I wasn't their.

But I heard, the guy that wanted to shield her, was threatened to be killed. They threatened to burn both of them in the school's security office, where he was hiding her. They somehow got in and started beating both of them... they both ran out, but they left the guy and all turned to Deborah.

I can't confirm if that's the truth, but that was what I was told by someone who maybe im school when it happened.
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Naijanascam: 1:20pm On May 15, 2022
oxygeng:
you are a fool. Everything typed up there is nothing but the fucking truth. He didn't ask animals and idiots like you to protest.

Gutter language from a godforsaken gutter pikin..... keep it up it's in your DNA
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by sayso: 1:21pm On May 15, 2022
God1000:

Please who are the celebrities? Those who take pictures with dirty pants or those whose total net worth (all) not up to Chalinze Theron worth. Do they even have anything to celebrate in the first place. All untalented talent. Only prostitution both male and female.
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by maestroferddi: 1:21pm On May 15, 2022
Bnladan:

Muslims don't blashphem about Jesus or Christianity. We respect your beliefs and Jesus. So y should anybody disrespect our noble prophet PBUH?! One can get away with insulting my parents or even hurting them, but wen it comes to prophet PBUH, I'll rather I die for his honor. This is to tell u how dear he is to us. So don't insult him and u will ever have peace with d Muslims. Deborah brought dis on herself. She knew wat she was doing and the dire consequences. And let me tell u something, if defending the prophet PBUH is wat qualifies someone to be terrorist, please call me one.
You are the product of massive brainwashing ..

You have rightly addressed yourself sha...
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by ljoh: 1:22pm On May 15, 2022
Nigerians are hypocrites
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Nobody: 1:23pm On May 15, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

I don't have to explain it to you like a child.

Human burning or jungle justice is barbaric and evil.

A real daft that's what u are. Where did i ever encourage jungle justice? I am strongly against it on here nd in real life. U can search if ur 3 left brain cells will allow u. U want to turn the tables on me? U are still a kid. Go and learn... Ohh I forgot u can't even read grin
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by sayso: 1:25pm On May 15, 2022
Feminism killed that girl. Though bad as it seems. Why type or voice note because you have android. Class group?study and keep quiet, but no, I must talk. Social media demerits.
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by maestroferddi: 1:26pm On May 15, 2022
logiccal:

I will love to be involved in that discussion on faith with you...
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by 1Sharon(f): 1:27pm On May 15, 2022
logiccal:

Being secular doesn't grant for insulting other religions.

You don't see the justification for that, but they do.

If she had refrained from making that insult, if she had apologized when given the chance. This wouldn't have happened.

But she didn't, she believed nothing was going to happen.

I still stand by my statement. Deborah, as someone who's fluent in Hausa, as someone who has lived amongst Muslims for quite a long time... What she did was stupid. and she was well aware of what she was about to do and the consequences.

What happened has already happened... The best thing is to tell our Christian brothers and sisters to please refrain from insulting other people's religions, especially if they are living amongst them.

You're so stupid and a liar.

You really think an apology would have changed anything?

They wanted her blood! They simply hated her because she was a christian!
The allegation of blasphemy was just an excuse to harm her

In Sharia zones and countries accusations of blasphemy can be used as a weapon against someone.

If someone is disliked , all it takes is an allegation of blasphemy to incite the muslim public against someone to eliminate them.

You Muslims even do it to your fellow Muslims that you don't like.

All someone has to do is lie that someone insulted the prophet or desicrated the Qur'an and that's all it takes!

Ppl know that Muslims see red when it comes to disrespect against the prophet or Qur'an.

And other Muslims take advantage of that to incite violence against someone.

Blasphemy laws are used as a weapon.

Fvck you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

2023: Yakasai Knocks Emir Of Daura For Endorsing PDP / Jummai Abubakar Tafawa Balewa Is Dead / Car Stuck In Flooded Water In Benin After 5-hour Rain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.