Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,870 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder (25465 Views)

Why Buhari’s Quiet Over Allegations Of Irregularities Against INEC — Garba Shehu / Apostle Chibuzor Hands Over DEBORAH ESTATE To Deborah Samuel's Parents (Photos) / 20 People Convert To Christianity Over Deborah Samuel's Death - Father (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by olaniyi0(m): 1:27pm On May 15, 2022
logiccal:

Anyways, I don't understand what Christians gain by insulting Islam and their religious figures. I hardly see a Muslim publicly insult the religion of Christianity...

Y'all keep saying how barbaric and inhumane these people are, yet you keep provoking them.

Like it or not, what Deborah did was stupid.

and judging by how fluent she is in Hausa language, she already knew the weight of what she was about to do. She already knew Muslims would do anything if she insulted Prophet Muhammad ﷺ yet she went ahead with it.

(I heard) they even requested her to make an apology so that everything will be gone, but she refused... For whatever reason known to herself.

If you're in Rome do as Romans do, you can't be in Sokoto and think you could get away with insulting the Prophet and ridiculing him.

Even if she had managed to escape on that Thursday, as far as she's in Sokoto they would find a way to get to her.
Have you asked yourself, is she truly guilty of what she was accused of... They only said she insult the prophet without any concrete evidence of any whatsapp chat that truly pointed out the fact that she did that. I'm also a Muslim but these things are unfair you don't take justice into your hands, this is 2022 not 1744 ffs

2 Likes

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by logiccal: 1:28pm On May 15, 2022
Sheggy13:

Continue blaming the dead. Throughout this your epistle, there was no condemnation for the terrorists that killed the poor girl only blames for her. Will you stop this stupid lies of saying Muslim don't insult Christianity. They do it especially prominent ones among them. Just last month, we all witnessed the ridiculing of Christ's resurrection during Easter by the Sterling bank MD. Who can also forget El-Rufai's blasphemous tweet about Jesus Christ when he was taunting Jonathan in the build-up to 2015 election? Christians did not go about looking for how to kill them.

As said by the Late Sheikh Ja'far of Kano, "insulting Prophet is a capital punishment, BUT the law isn't in my hand, it isn't in your hand, it isn't in our hands. It's upto the government to judge. That's my stand.

On that MD who insulted Jesus, I didn't know it happened. Also you decided to let it slip. You let him get away with it.

In 2015, I was still in secondary school... I don't follow politics. So didn't know it happened. Once again, you let them get away with disrespecting your religion. If you had stand up and said you won't let anyone get away with disrespecting your religion... I'm sure it would've stopped. Long ago
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by 1Sharon(f): 1:28pm On May 15, 2022
logiccal:

Oga, if you don't understand Hausa, get someone that does to translate for you.

If you listen to the audio, at the end just after she made the insult you'd hear some girls in the background gasped. Which will tell you how serious what she said was.

Also, (I heard) she was given the chance to apologize, but she didn't. She chose to be arrogant.

I'm sure she regrets her decisions.

Bullshit. The apology will change nothing you liar!

They wanted her blood!
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by lereinter(m): 1:31pm On May 15, 2022
Like who and who

Who doesn't fear Islam/ Islamic extremists?

Who want to die

The people that call themselves pastor or prophets etc what have they said
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Willie2015: 1:31pm On May 15, 2022
logiccal:

That's it. Let us all learn to coexist.

Whenever I was in a place that I am not native to.
I try my absolute best to not offend anyone.

I live in India, in as much as love to visit a temple... I still resist the temptation I have for it. I thought to myself, what if they found out I am not a Hindu. What if non Hindus aren't welcome here and I get myself into trouble.

If you're living in Christian, respect their Bible and religion.
If you're living among Muslims, respect their religion and Prophet Muhammad.

Simple.

Its not as simple as this in the North..
I lived in the North West for good number of years...
Kano, Katsina, Zamfara, kaduna and Sokoto states...
So many innocent lives cut short... in the name of religion...
They burnt an elderly close friend alive their last protest...
in one of Katsina LG...
U dont have to offend anyone.. all Xtians are infidels...
Just ask around from Xtians living in the North.. its complicated.
We need a responsive govt that can rise to the responsibility of saving lives...

1 Like

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Nobody: 1:32pm On May 15, 2022
killmods:

A real daft that's what u are. Where did i ever encourage jungle justice? I am strongly against it on here nd in real life. U can search if ur 3 left brain cells will allow u. U want to turn the tables on me? U are still a kid. Go and learn... Ohh I forgot u can't even read grin

Not long ago, your fraustrated self was already trying to show the world the difference between different type of lynching, according to you, lynching because you were accused of stealing is a lesser crime
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by logiccal: 1:32pm On May 15, 2022
oxygeng:
you are the stupid one in this context. What environment; Jupiter or Pluto? Northern almajiris are just cashing in on voids created by a crooked system. Why will a sane system runs on two parallel constitutions?
Like it or not, as painful as it is, as much as you don't want to accept it. Deep down you know considering the fact she was living amongst the "northern almajiris", what she did was stupid.
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by IDIOTmoderators: 1:33pm On May 15, 2022
LutherSanchez:
Her own rapture has come. It was her time to meet her creator. May her soul rest in perfect peace. Amen
Is that what the OP asked? Rapture ko... Rupture ni!
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by logiccal: 1:35pm On May 15, 2022
DEADALIVE:

Like say i no school for thesame north for 10years....
Even you gaaan them no born you well make you yarn all this for my presence...you go collect asap!
I no wan know who u be?
God punish all of una wey kill that innocent girl.
You went to school in the north for 10 years, why did they not kill you?

Drop your location I'll come to you, let's see if you can do anything to me.
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Legendoo: 1:36pm On May 15, 2022
Celebrity wey dey enjoy life , go award show.lol

Also those of u wey dey open mouth anyhow, understand the country, no be abroad you dey.

If they can kill a human being in broad daylight on video and you still don't understand your country, you be mumu.

Between stop outsourcing your thinking and activitism to celebrities, they're sell outs dinning with the devil.
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Kingofhoes: 1:37pm On May 15, 2022
logiccal:

Anyways, I don't understand what Christians gain by insulting Islam and their religious figures. I hardly see a Muslim publicly insult the religion of Christianity...

Y'all keep saying how barbaric and inhumane these people are, yet you keep provoking them.

Like it or not, what Deborah did was stupid.

and judging by how fluent she is in Hausa language, she already knew the weight of what she was about to do. She already knew Muslims would do anything if she insulted Prophet Muhammad ﷺ yet she went ahead with it.

(I heard) they even requested her to make an apology so that everything will be gone, but she refused... For whatever reason known to herself.

If you're in Rome do as Romans do, you can't be in Sokoto and think you could get away with insulting the Prophet and ridiculing him.

Even if she had managed to escape on that Thursday, as far as she's in Sokoto they would find a way to get to her.

If you don't understand hausa and have never lived in the North please shut the Bleep up. She in no way insulted their pedophilic, and fraudulent savior. She did nothing wrong.
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by logiccal: 1:37pm On May 15, 2022
maestroferddi:
You can only deceive some cowardly non-Muslims.

For me who have been studying Islam for years....all of you are the same.

Your appetite for blood is unparalleled.

What the girl did is now immaterial, what a responsible person should mind is the tendency, for undesirable and murderous elements calling themselves followers of Muhammad, to take laws into their hands.

We cannot continue condoning this madness...

If you really have studied Islam for soo long I'd love to have a conversation with you.

Islam forbids jungle justice, Islam forbids people from taking laws into their hands... You'd know that having studied Islam for quite some time.
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by logiccal: 1:41pm On May 15, 2022
1Sharon:

You're so stupid and a liar.

You really think an apology would have changed anything?

They wanted her blood! They simply hated her because she was a christian!
The allegation of blasphemy was just an excuse to harm her

In Sharia zones and countries accusations of blasphemy can be used as a weapon against someone.

If someone is disliked , all it takes is an allegation of blasphemy to incite the muslim public against someone to eliminate them.

You Muslims even do it to your fellow Muslims that you don't like.

All someone has to do is lie that someone insulted the prophet or desicrated the Qur'an and that's all it takes!

Ppl know that Muslims see red when it comes to disrespect against the prophet or Qur'an.

And other Muslims take advantage of that to incite violence against someone.

Blasphemy laws are used as a weapon.

Fvck you.

They wanted her blood, yet she was living in Sokoto for so long. they wanted her blood why was she not kidnapped and killed long ago. they wanted her blood, why hasn't her female(Muslim) acquaintance poisoned her long.

I promised you even if she was Muslim, she would be killed.

It's not about her being outsider, Christian, or something like that... It's about what she said.
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by logiccal: 1:43pm On May 15, 2022
olaniyi0:

Have you asked yourself, is she truly guilty of what she was accused of... They only said she insult the prophet without any concrete evidence of any whatsapp chat that truly pointed out the fact that she did that. I'm also a Muslim but these things are unfair you don't take justice into your hands, this is 2022 not 1744 ffs

There's an evidence, her voicenote. If you'd listen to it, you'd have heard her friends gasped after she made the insult. That in itself will tell you the seriousness of what she did.
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by P1PrinceKT(m): 1:44pm On May 15, 2022
KingWarri:

I rather respect a dead man than a head slammer angry

Pls follow the rules and live happily smiley
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by DEADALIVE: 1:47pm On May 15, 2022
logiccal:

You went to school in the north for 10 years, why did they not kill you?

Drop your location I'll come to you, let's see if you can do anything to me.
Thesame OT wey u no get!
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by logiccal: 1:47pm On May 15, 2022
1Sharon:

Bullshit. The apology will change nothing you liar!

They wanted her blood!

I'm not sure about that. But hey, believe what you want.

I still stand by my first statement. Considering where whe was living, what she did was outright stupid.

They wanted her blood, yet she was living in Sokoto for so long. they wanted her blood why was she not kidnapped and killed long ago. they wanted her blood, why hasn't her female(Muslim) acquaintance poisoned her long.

It's not about her being outsider, Christian, or something like that... It's about what she said.
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Olatlaccon(m): 1:49pm On May 15, 2022
GoooodHardDick:

shut the f*ck up!

This all about your werey rapist Prophet Muhammad

Muhammad f*cked his blood daughter Aisha. He started Sodomizing the girl at 6 and officially married her at 9.

Reports has it that Aisha bore him a daughter at 10 years, named Halima, the prophet later raped Halima,(the daughter of Aisha) his grand daughter at 6 months and he had a taste of all his daughters and grand daughters till he died.
That is the prophet.

You Muslims deserve to live in the jungle with wild animals and beasts
Oga stop saying what you don't know even if youbhare Muslim you don't have to lie to show that....where you read what you just said
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by logiccal: 1:50pm On May 15, 2022
Willie2015:

Its not as simple as this in the North..
I lived in the North West for good number of years...
Kano, Katsina, Zamfara, kaduna and Sokoto states...
So many innocent lives cut short... in the name of religion...
They burnt an elderly close friend alive their last protest...
in one of Katsina LG...
U dont have to offend anyone.. all Xtians are infidels...
Just ask around from Xtians living in the North.. its complicated.
We need a responsive govt that can rise to the responsibility of saving lives...
I am not doubting about you living in the north.
what I doubt is "not having to offend anyone"...

I don't think anyone will disturb you for simply being a non Muslim.
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 1:51pm On May 15, 2022
Maybe the same reason they were quite when a bus full of Muslims was burnt down in Platue state last year.
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by logiccal: 1:51pm On May 15, 2022
Kingofhoes:

If you don't understand hausa and have never lived in the North please shut the Bleep up. She in no way insulted their pedophilic, and fraudulent savior. She did nothing wrong.

I understand Hausa. in fact more than you do.
I lived in the north, longer than you did.

Yes, she really did insult Prophet Muhammad.
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by logiccal: 1:52pm On May 15, 2022
DEADALIVE:

Thesame OT wey u no get!
I don't understand you. Can you, please, rephrase.?
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by logiccal: 1:54pm On May 15, 2022
maestroferddi:
I will love to be involved in that discussion on faith with you...

I will send you an email. ASAP
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by logiccal: 1:54pm On May 15, 2022
specialmati:
cool cool cool waooh OK Christianity is a wonderful thing. Accept jesus christ as your personal saviour, you study his lifestyle very simple allowing the Holy spirit to help you live it out. You are never going to fight for jesus. All you need is to live his life and you have peace and always show love. Nothing concern you with what other are saying about him. You live peaceful and happy at all times
I will mail you. ASAP
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Benmob: 1:55pm On May 15, 2022
mu2sa2:
You're being a good Christian, continue!
u have being a good terrorist Muslim like ur prophet, continue

2 Likes

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by 1Sharon(f): 1:55pm On May 15, 2022
logiccal:

I'm not sure about that. But hey, believe what you want.

I still stand by my first statement. Considering where whe was living, what she did was outright stupid.

Muslims do not forgive people for insults against their prophet or the Qur'an you liar. They see RED.

If they attacked her out of nowhere, that would make them look bad. But the allegation of blasphemy would have been a good guise to shed her blood.

You think I don't know that if a non- muslim or christian just even touches the Qur'an, they desicrate it?

Christians are perceived as unclean In Islam.

You liar for Allah.

1 Like

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by logiccal: 2:02pm On May 15, 2022
1Sharon:

Muslims do not forgive people for insults against their prophet or the Qur'an you liar. They see RED.

If they attacked her out of nowhere, that would make them look bad. But the allegation of blasphemy would have been a good guise to shed her blood.

You think I don't know that if a non- muslim or christian just even touches the Qur'an, they desicrate it?

Christians are perceived as unclean In Islam.

You liar for Allah.
Are you saying she did not say the insult?

2, you're wrong. if you're willing to read the Qur'an a Muslim will be willing to give an English translation of The Qur'an.

Yes. Christians who do not clean themselves(with water) after menses, peeing, and pooping are perceived unclean in Islam.

Muslims has their criteria of what's clean, and if you don't match that. Yes. Muslims see you as someone unclean. I don't see anything wrong with that.
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by 1Sharon(f): 2:05pm On May 15, 2022
ljoh:
Nigerians are hypocrites

They are scared of speaking out. Can you blame them?

Islam is TERRIFYING.

1 Like

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by 1Sharon(f): 2:06pm On May 15, 2022
sayso:
Feminism killed that girl. Though bad as it seems. Why type or voice note because you have android. Class group?study and keep quiet, but no, I must talk. Social media demerits.

Was it feminism that burnt her to death?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by almarthins(m): 2:07pm On May 15, 2022
God1000:
I remember when George Floyd was killed in America by white police officers, Nigerians protested in Abuja and Lagos.

I'm not saying that was bad though, he was a black man like me.

But here is my grouse, Africans and nigerians in particular are always quick to show support when something happens elsewhere, but they will not do anything when it comes to fellow Nigerians.

By now, there should be massive protest across the country demanding for justice, but none of that is happening

No one is holding any vigil for her, why are we doing this to ourselves?

Anything or anybody that does not exemplify Christ is not Christian. Just because u attend church doesn't make you a Christian
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by 1Sharon(f): 2:10pm On May 15, 2022
logiccal:

Are you saying she did not say the insult?

2, you're wrong. if you're willing to read the Qur'an a Muslim will be willing to give an English translation of The Qur'an.

Yes. Christians who do not clean themselves(with water) after menses, peeing, and pooping are perceived unclean in Islam.

Muslims has their criteria of what's clean, and if you don't match that. Yes. Muslims see you as someone unclean. I don't see anything wrong with that.

It doesn't matter whether she said it or not! Does she deserve to die for that?

Right. So a muslim can perceive a christian in a negative way but a christian dare not perceive a muslim negatively?

You head slammers have some audacity.

There is no forgivessnes for insulting Mohamad or the Qur'an, you liar.

1 Like

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by UNDFTD: 2:13pm On May 15, 2022
God1000:
I remember when George Floyd was killed in America by white police officers, Nigerians protested in Abuja and Lagos.

I'm not saying that was bad though, he was a black man like me.

But here is my grouse, Africans and nigerians in particular are always quick to show support when something happens elsewhere, but they will not do anything when it comes to fellow Nigerians.

By now, there should be massive protest across the country demanding for justice, but none of that is happening

No one is holding any vigil for her, why are we doing this to ourselves?

I can't agree with you more. Nigerians are a bunch of wanna bees. They want to cry when others are sick but would NEVER shed a tear when their own is sick and dying. It's called self hatred. A Nigerian would never allow a fellow Nigerian do to him what he would let a foreigner do to him.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Clement Ikolo Oghenerukevwe: "I Have No Hand In The Killing Of Soldiers" / We’ll Replace Buhari In 2019; Nothing Will Stop Us, PDP Chairman, Sheriff, Vows / Mass Defections To APC Hits Sokoto As Pictures Of Tambuwal Are Being Torn Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.