Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,042 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder (25484 Views)

Why Buhari’s Quiet Over Allegations Of Irregularities Against INEC — Garba Shehu / Apostle Chibuzor Hands Over DEBORAH ESTATE To Deborah Samuel's Parents (Photos) / 20 People Convert To Christianity Over Deborah Samuel's Death - Father (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Okobola146: 12:46pm On May 15, 2022
No one wants to be marked for death by Muslims.
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Magnoliaa(f): 12:46pm On May 15, 2022
GloriousGbola:
unless the real issue is you are a coward who want to turn it to a feminist issue because those lunatic abokis make you pee your pants in fear - and you would rather let the women take up the slack, because who wan die?

ironically, several civil rights pushes and movements were initiated by women

i guess i can understand why you want the women to come out so you can hide behind their skirts

anyways maybe you're right. Maybe it is only the women who can stand up and make this madness stop.

Because say na only women come this life come suffer na. Always bleating feminists, feminists everywhere.

We no dey stand for anything. Or abi the ones that will stand, should go on.

You will stand for them, they will turn back to spit on your efforts after all's done and dusted.

pocohantas:
If they want to talk about the government, we can have a discussion. Empathy indeed. I saw one saying Southern women run their mouths too much and we should all learn from her.

grin grin

Imagine the senselessness. Kai.

1 Like

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Nobody: 12:46pm On May 15, 2022
killmods:

Yes Christianity is built on nothing but love hence the tolerance. We value human life even that of a condemned one. It's how any sane and rational person should live else there will be chaos. It's the reason any where u find Islam being practiced u need look no further for extreme violence that is being fanned by the religious extremists of Islam. Take a look around the entire globe 80% of war thorn nations have one thing in common.. Islam. That Christians practice and choose love nd peace over violent bloodshed doesn't make them foolish or slow.

Yeah indeed

Tell that to those people who got burnt because they were accused of stealing.
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Muna400(f): 12:48pm On May 15, 2022
[quote author=logiccal post=112853578]
That's what I keep telling people here, considering where she was, she shouldn't have said what she said.

She's fluent in Hausa, by that alone I presume she knows when it comes to religion northerners are intolerant. as some Imam said, "when it comes disrespecting our religion, we are all insane human beings." I'm sure she heard that before, on more than 1 occasion.

[seriously I don't know wat possesed her.. Am not supporting what dey did but as a Christian if a person insults God in my presence, I will be sad but all in all, she didn't just apply wisdom.. May she rest in peace and may all religion learn to Co exist with each oda without wahala]
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by mu2sa2: 12:48pm On May 15, 2022
Jodera:
What was the exact word she says that made it blasphemous?
I see most of you dodging this question by using words like " it's a very terrible words, it's this, it's that", yet you guys don't want to interpret it. How would you say there's no English equivalent for that word if not that you just want to sweep it under the carpet. First time in my life I'm hearing that a Hausa word don't have an English equivalent.

Truth be told, you know there's no blasphemy from the girl and you're just giving stupid justification for what those guys did just because the Deborah girl called Muhammad
To repeat the word will also amount to blasphemy. It's like publication in the (English) law of defamation - the maker and the person who publishes it (e.g newspaper) are liable. Go to Internet and listen to the audio of what Deborah said.
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by logiccal: 12:51pm On May 15, 2022
killmods:

And I gave u a few examples to Muslims publicly insulting the Christian belief. Yet still u claim u haven't seen any? Now show me any Christian public figure openly insulting Islam.
2. How exactly did she mess up from what I know there was even no insult or blasphemy.
3. Even if there was, supporting the killing of that girl by those extremists makes u nothing but another bloodthirsty fool.
So she messed up and should be murdered in cold blood and burnt? You are very sick
1. I didn't say it doesn't happen, I said it's not often. And if you people have take a stand that you won't let anyone disrespect your religion and get away with it.. It wouldn't have happened the 2nd time. Why did you let them get away with it?

2. She really did mess up, for a. she knew the community she's leaving in. b. she knew how intolerant they are when it comes to religion. c. She knew the weight of what she did, and yet she refused to apologized. d. she came out despite knowing what was about to go down... based on a-d I mentioned above, we all will agree that she really did mess up. Big time.

3. Did I tell you I am in support or not? Don't try put words into my mouth. I don't appreciate that.
As late Sheikh Ja'far of Kano said, the law isn't in my hand or your hand. It's in the hand of the government.
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by KingWarri: 12:51pm On May 15, 2022
P1PrinceKT:
You can start whenever you're ready.

We have the Red line and we don't want anyone to cross it. That's even if he's Muslim!

Enjoy your redlines while it last. But slaughtering of every Muslim in this country is my new agenda old or young, male or female won't escape.

Hasta la luego ✌️
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by logiccal: 12:52pm On May 15, 2022
foolbuster:

You must be mad. Seriously you need to seek help. Did she deserve to die? especially the way they killed her. No single blame to the murderers, may you or your relations meet the same fate. Fool.
I didn't say anyone deserved to die or not.
what I said was... What she did was stupid on different levels... And I still stand by that statement.
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by mu2sa2: 12:52pm On May 15, 2022
Benmob:
ur Isa will work with d Madi aka d Antichrist,to try to turn d world to ur foolish stupid islam, everybody know me, I don't attack pple fate or tribe or start insulting pple up and down in Nairaland but wat u northern bro and sis have done,I don't care again, thunder fire ur Muhammad
You're being a good Christian, continue!
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Nobody: 12:52pm On May 15, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

Yeah indeed

Tell that to those people who got burnt because they were accused of stealing.
Don't be a daft how do u know those were Christians or Muslims or juju worshippers? Is stealing same as blasphemy? This girl died as a result of religious extremism and u dare to compare that with killing thieves in the name of jungle justice which is a crime on its own? Are u not stupidly stupid? Sometimes i wonder if some of u even really went through secondary school nd yet u all claim graduates of one uni but u can't even think properly

1 Like

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by logiccal: 12:52pm On May 15, 2022
killmods:

Exactly.. where is that idiot quoting me upandan. Logiccal when no get sense come here and defend ur killer Allah
What are you even saying here?
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Onyeziokwu(m): 12:53pm On May 15, 2022
God1000:
I remember when George Floyd was killed in America by white police officers, Nigerians protested in Abuja and Lagos.

I'm not saying that was bad though, he was a black man like me.

But here is my grouse, Africans and nigerians in particular are always quick to show support when something happens elsewhere, but they will not do anything when it comes to fellow Nigerians.

By now, there should be massive protest across the country demanding for justice, but none of that is happening

No one is holding any vigil for her, why are we doing this to ourselves?

Nice question mate!

Naija celebrities na notice me celebrities, always looking forward to a hype from any of the foreign celebrities before considering themselves good enough!

I could recall Tiwa calling out Beyonce for EndSar protest.
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by logiccal: 12:53pm On May 15, 2022
specialmati:
embarassed embarassed :- embarassed that's why I said it's a religion of murderers a group of insane people hiding under religion to commit murder. That's madness. I think a good Muslim should be the one that accept to murder anyone that says anything about his religion or god. So they should remove the religion of peace and put religion of murderers to make it clear

You said what you said, and you're entitled to believing what you want to believe.
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by mu2sa2: 12:53pm On May 15, 2022
logiccal:

I didn't say anyone deserved to die or not.
what I said was... What she did was stupid on different levels... And I still stand by that statement.
Very much so.
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by oxygeng: 12:54pm On May 15, 2022
Naijanascam:

Just take your time after you might have eaten and take your bath..,and read over and over and over again to if there is any Sense in this this nonsense you just wrote here
you are a fool. Everything typed up there is nothing but the fucking truth. He didn't ask animals and idiots like you to protest.
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by samedi74(m): 12:54pm On May 15, 2022
LutherSanchez:
Her own rapture has come. It was her time to meet her creator. May her soul rest in perfect peace. Amen
This is total BS. This unfortunate situation happened to her cos she’s Nigerian in a dystopian society. If she was living in a First world country, trust me shit ain’t gonna happen to her and no BS like rapture. RIP to Deborah. I’m sorry Nigeria did this to you. I hope you get lucky in your next phase.
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Brushstrokes20: 12:56pm On May 15, 2022
Most of them are just a bunch of self serving, pathetic hypocrites undecided undecided
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Pio44: 12:56pm On May 15, 2022
[Ur Mohammed is a barstard, fu..ck him on his grave quote author=logiccal post=112850118]
Anyways, I don't understand what Christians gain by insulting Islam and their religious figures. I hardly see a Muslim publicly insult the religion of Christianity...

Y'all keep saying how barbaric and inhumane these people are, yet you keep provoking them.

Like it or not, what Deborah did was stupid.

and judging by how fluent she is in Hausa language, she already knew the weight of what she was about to do. She already knew Muslims would do anything if she insulted Prophet Muhammad ﷺ yet she went ahead with it.

(I heard) they even requested her to make an apology so that everything will be gone, but she refused... For whatever reason known to herself.

If you're in Rome do as Romans do, you can't be in Sokoto and think you could get away with insulting the Prophet and ridiculing him.

Even if she had managed to escape on that Thursday, as far as she's in Sokoto they would find a way to get to her.
[/quote]
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by logiccal: 12:56pm On May 15, 2022
Jodera:
Lol,
Show me where I claimed I understand Hausa or quit beating around the bush.

That I said I know what you wrote is different from me saying I understand something. There's difference between knowledge and understanding.

You want to use it to deflect shebi? grin

Translate what late Deborah says and stop Lying that what she said deserve her death. Translate it the Sokoto way let's see it or keep on lying and grasping at straws.
Check your previous comments you'll find out where.

I said it before, and I'll say it again. I won't translate anything to you. I can't repeat what she said.

Get yourself someone that understands Hausa to translate to you what she really said.
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by logiccal: 12:57pm On May 15, 2022
maestroferddi:
You must be an insufferable f**l.

Instead of educating your fellow blood-thirsty savages to desist from taking laws into their hands, you are blaming the girl for making a very mundane remark...

What exactly is wrong with you Muslims and Islam?

In India, it is Islam...In China, it is Islam ...In Nigeria it is Islam...

Which kind of religion are you guys professing that you appear to have sworn not to mellow down till you set the whole world on fire?
What I said was, considering the environment she was in, what she did was stupid.

And I still stand by my statement.
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by P1PrinceKT(m): 12:58pm On May 15, 2022
KingWarri:

Enjoy your redlines while it last. But slaughtering of every Muslim in this country is my new agenda old or young, male or female won't escape.

Hasta la luego ✌️
May be you're joking.

But we don't joke with matters like this we're serious.
Respect us we respect you do otherwise we'll do otherwise
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by specialmati(m): 12:58pm On May 15, 2022
logiccal:

You said what you said, and you're entitled to believing what you want to believe.
grin grin grin grin no no no that's what you imply by your writing. Since you guys can kill anyone that say anything against una god and religion. It implys its a religion of murderers who murder for their religion and god. That's the truth from our discussion. Repent and accept jesus christ
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by logiccal: 12:58pm On May 15, 2022
Connected1:

Yes

I did like to pay you a visit so we can discuss and reach a common agreement on this issue.

Okay. Drop your location, I'll come meet you
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by logiccal: 12:59pm On May 15, 2022
Angrymode:

Dumb Terrorist!!!

Okay.

What I said was, considering the community she lives in, what she did was stupid.

and I still stand by my statement.
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by specialmati(m): 1:00pm On May 15, 2022
logiccal:

What I said was, considering the environment she was in, what she did was stupid.

And I still stand by my statement.
lipsrsealed embarassed embarassed embarassed you what am saying this is the only religion that kill people for their god and religion as of today in the entire world. Shows something is wrong with this set of people
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by spartachico(m): 1:01pm On May 15, 2022
Being a celebrity in this corn tree sef na wahala
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Guyman02: 1:01pm On May 15, 2022
logiccal:

Anyways, I don't understand what Christians gain by insulting Islam and their religious figures. I hardly see a Muslim publicly insult the religion of Christianity...

Y'all keep saying how barbaric and inhumane these people are, yet you keep provoking them.

Like it or not, what Deborah did was stupid.

and judging by how fluent she is in Hausa language, she already knew the weight of what she was about to do. She already knew Muslims would do anything if she insulted Prophet Muhammad ﷺ yet she went ahead with it.

(I heard) they even requested her to make an apology so that everything will be gone, but she refused... For whatever reason known to herself.

If you're in Rome do as Romans do, you can't be in Sokoto and think you could get away with insulting the Prophet and ridiculing him.

Even if she had managed to escape on that Thursday, as far as she's in Sokoto they would find a way to get to her.

You are a bloody liar, they didn't give her any opportunity to even explain herself or clarify if she aimed to insult your prophet.
Even when they were killing her she used the name of your Allah to beg for mercy but all that fell on deaf ears and that's what you are subtly supporting shocked

1 Like

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by oxygeng: 1:02pm On May 15, 2022
Handsum64:
To what end?
Lesson; filter your utterances based on situations and circumstances.
what nonsense? The North are simply taking advantage of the void created by non existence of governance. If they actually believe blasphemous act is punishable by death let them come down south where their shitty allah and Muhammed are being rubbished per second. and try half of what they did in sokoto. The North are just weak and inferior kretins.
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by ednut1(m): 1:02pm On May 15, 2022
God1000:
I remember when George Floyd was killed in America by white police officers, Nigerians protested in Abuja and Lagos.

I'm not saying that was bad though, he was a black man like me.

But here is my grouse, Africans and nigerians in particular are always quick to show support when something happens elsewhere, but they will not do anything when it comes to fellow Nigerians.

By now, there should be massive protest across the country demanding for justice, but none of that is happening

No one is holding any vigil for her, why are we doing this to ourselves?
you want muslim fanatics to come for them Must everything be trivialized

1 Like

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Nobody: 1:02pm On May 15, 2022
killmods:

Don't be a daft how do u know those were Christians or Muslims or juju worshippers? Is stealing same as blasphemy? This girl died as a result of religious extremism and u dare to compare that with killing thieves in the name of jungle justice which is a crime on its own? Are u not stupidly stupid? Sometimes i wonder if some of u even really went through secondary school nd yet u all claim graduates of one uni but u can't even think properly

Don't try to give excuses for burning a human being, that is just barbaric

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Gunmen Invade Ministry Of Finance In Nasarawa, Cart Away ₦100 Million / Anambra Election: APGA Candidate, Chukwuma Soludo Casts His Vote (Pictures) / Primate Ayodele: Osinbajo Didn’t Betray Anyone, Tinubu Is Paying For His Sins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.