Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

Not The Marriage I Had In Mind - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Not The Marriage I Had In Mind (29800 Views)

I Love My Wife & My Kid, But I Want To Leave The Marriage. Help! / The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State / 1 Year After Marriage, I Am Already Tired (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by colonelwealth(m): 2:12pm On May 22, 2022
setobaba:
shame shame shame!
Over 50 comments none has been able to provide a working and feasible solution..

@OP
He wasn’t drinking much before, yes same as many married man. His problem is money and nothing much, there are certain responsibilities he wished he carry on his own, but marriage is something difficult on some men.

Note for every addiction, you need another addiction to replace one.
You can’t just make him stop drinking just like that, you have to replace it with another addiction you convenient with till he’s able to come back on his feet. I smell a great man been dragged by so many things.
Another thing to take note is, he could have a guilty conscience about a particular secret he’s hiding. God knows if I ever commit or mistakenly commit murder and I was able to go free with it, I might end up drinking all my life or probably high on something else.
Come close to your husband, drink few bottles with him at home and tell him a secret you’ve never told anyone, you can form one if you need to, just to catch his attention to tell you a lot about what he’s facing. I swear a friend of his might know much than you self.

Replace his addiction with something else for now, probably smoke or coffee, just get him busy on something. I know it’s not easy cos things like this needs money to go by.

I agree with most of your points...nice one.

Get more closer to him and out what led him to alcoholisim.
Replace his addiction with some worth while, productive and safe.
Disconnect him from anybody& anything that triggers alcoholisim in him.
Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by seunlizy(f): 2:12pm On May 22, 2022
Augustwife:
On several occasions I have asked maybe it's something I am doing wrong or not doing at all but he keeps saying it's not me it is him. God knows I have tried my best to be a good partner/wife. I have no other excuse to leave aside from his addiction. Won't it be that I am leaving him because of a problem.
For the first time in 5 years I spoke to my mom about this(I didn't want any member of my family to know so they won't loose respect for him as I was really hopeful he would change), But i can't talk to her about it again, she would only ask me to pray that's why I am here on nairaland. I just want to hear other people's opinion and make the best decision especially for my children

you need to see this man, lanre olusola, he's a cataylist (transforming lives by transformingminds). Google him and chat with him on instagram.
Pray God help you and your husband heal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by Testimony1988(m): 2:12pm On May 22, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
You better file a divorce for your sanity..if he's hell bent then dish him in the waste bin before he ruin your life completely..
Do that asap and stop managing yourself cos of some nonsense love you have for him..that guy is gonna wreck you and your future with his addiction..
You are better off single than being with a futureles boozer...

Modified:those saying for better for worse nonsense ain't good... It’s better to divorce after one year of a failed marriage than to hang in miserable for years..
Marriage is not an act of charity...If you're done then you're done..
You again, divorce is not an option.
Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by tete7000(m): 2:13pm On May 22, 2022
Augustwife:

Yes. Currently drunk and that's why I created this thread

You might need to separate from him, while the issue sorts itself out. Kindly note that I didn't type divorce ó, I mean separation. If you have Christian marriage, I don't believe it is dissoluble, but the two of you can live apart until you husband gets hold of himself. It is basically a problem of his will, not yours.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by franchasofficia: 2:13pm On May 22, 2022
All these guys that take excessive alcohol, cigarettes and drugs, don't they know that their kidney, lungs, liver and other vital organs are at stake?

Your husband need to be taken to hospital ward where people struggling with kidney failure are undergoing dialysis and passing through hourly pains.

He doesn't need any advice again, just take him to dialysis center to go and witness for himself the pains those suffering from kidney failure are passing through.

Alcohol ke. I even support a man womanizing protectively than being a drunkard or a drug addict undecided

Op please find a way to start working to save or build something for your innocent kids, your husband is an adult and should sort himself out. Maybe by the time you abandon him and he realizes everybody have deserted him, he will borrow himself sense by force, what nonesense angry
Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by PecAbby: 2:14pm On May 22, 2022
Augustwife:
I had to open a new moniker so I can rant in peace. My head is full, so it's going to be a long post .

I got married to the love of my life 2017 (we started dating 2009) and we have two wonderful children.
He loves me (I know for sure), doesn't cheat too and my in-laws are the most wonderful people on earth ( my mil especially).

We have a joint business but the bad part :he is addicted to alcohol.

He wasn't like this before we got married, he used to drink occasionally so I can't really tell how we got here.

It's so bad that he can't go a day without it. Once he can't lay his hands on alcohol he will begin to shiver like a malaria patient.

This addiction has gotten us into debts that I had to pay with my savings on several occasions.

I'm talking of debts of 120k, 167k, 136k e.t.c. He's takes several loans from loan sharks , drinks like no tomorrow.

He has wrecked ourbbusiness and only with the help of God was I able to rebuild It by taking loans and paying back.

We even decided he gets a job so he can be more responsible but after working for a year he had nothing to show for it.

Twice his parents had to take him to a therapist but it was all in vain as he would go back to drinking.

My head is scattered,I can't think straight, it's making me hate him. I tried leaving a few weeks ago , I went back to my mother's house but trust my mama, she begged me to go back and my mother in-law too.

I don't even know what to do, my mental life is zero, I have withdrawn from everyone, I'm practically in poverty due to this addiction
He is a wonderful man BUT this addiction is a very big problem. We have prayed, fasted, gone to doctors but it's still there.

I don't know what to do .

Hello ma'am.

This problem is actually more spiritual than physical... You've tried it all and yet no solution...
My sincere advice to you...mother/wife to mother/wife is to take your hubby to Dunamis Church headquarters at Abuja, Along airport road....and God will heal your hubby of this dangerous kidney destroying addiction.
I have seen so many cases like your husband delivered of alcohol addiction by the Power of God to the point where the sight of alcohol makes them sick to their stomach.

I pray to God that you will consider this suggestion and not listen to it those advising you against seeking the help of God.

This is a siege against your marriage

I pray for you ma'am that your marriage shall be restored.
What the devil has stolen from you all these years through your Hubby's addiction shall be restored in seven folds.

Please consider this option.
Divorce is not the solution
I sincerely believe that your miracle is waiting for you there....

Shalom

3 Likes

Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by Ibrahimkogi1010: 2:14pm On May 22, 2022
It's a pity things turned out this way in your marriage and it's also discouraging reading some of the advice given here anyway I know for sure there is a local solution. Your Man will run away at the smell of anything alcohol he will run away as fast as he can. How I wish you are in Kogi State
Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by colonelwealth(m): 2:14pm On May 22, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
You better file a divorce for your sanity..if he's hell bent then dish him in the waste bin before he ruin your life completely..
Do that asap and stop managing yourself cos of some nonsense love you have for him..that guy is gonna wreck you and your future with his addiction..

Modified:those saying for better for worse nonsense ain't good... It’s better to divorce after one year of a failed marriage than to hang in miserable for years..

Do you disown your parents because they have issues or do you reject yourself when you have challenges..??
If No, then your advice is wrong.

1 Like

Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by yusufmurry: 2:17pm On May 22, 2022
I understand how you feel about the situation.
Kindly get nothing here a decision but suggestion.

However, I have a lot that I don't understand from the story.
Drinking alcohol to debt of 100k+. What kind of alcohol?
1): Beer is at least N350 -N1000 and in most cases, he wouldn't be Drinking it alone
2) kaikai(local dry gin), a shot glass isn't up to a N100
3) Is it like St Remy, St Martains and other red wine that cost above 20k?

If it No1, you can stop him since it's likely within your street and with certain friends. You can stop the seller and stop those friends too.

No 2 is the most dangerous to take. Which you can track down the sellers

I doubt No 3 but just included it to justify that amount you mentioned.

Like someone mentioned, something must have caused it: depression, friends etc.
Seek help of rehabilitation personnel and also pray(but don't go and live in prayer houses)

I hope he gets well. Divorce isn't an option, most ladies suggesting that aren't married. It's easier for them to hoff their mouths for such ill advice as if it's when dating.

1 Like

Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by colonelwealth(m): 2:19pm On May 22, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

If it was working would she have created this thread?if it was would she have laid a complaint and go to her momma's house?
Be real with yaself boy.. marriage ain't a do or die nonsense..

Stop vomiting bad advices.
Marriage like every other relationship have challenges so you don't run away whenever there is one.

You are not in marriage to only enjoy, you are there to build it and improve each other even in your partners weakest times.

This divorce mentality has done more harm than good.

1 Like

Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by pennywys(m): 2:19pm On May 22, 2022
Augustwife:
I had to open a new moniker so I can rant in peace. My head is full, so it's going to be a long post .

I got married to the love of my life 2017 (we started dating 2009) and we have two wonderful children.
He loves me (I know for sure), doesn't cheat too and my in-laws are the most wonderful people on earth ( my mil especially).

He wasn't like this before we got married, he used to drink occasionally so I can't really tell how we got here.

It's so bad that he can't go a day without it. Once he can't lay his hands on alcohol he will begin to shiver like a malaria patient.

This addiction has gotten us into debts that I had to pay with my savings on several occasions.

I'm talking of debts of 120k, 167k, 136k e.t.c. He's takes several loans from loan sharks , drinks like no tomorrow.

He has wrecked ourbbusiness and only with the help of God was I able to rebuild It by taking loans and paying back.

We even decided he gets a job so he can be more responsible but after working for a year he had nothing to show for it.

Twice his parents had to take him to a therapist but it was all in vain as he would go back to drinking.

My head is scattered,I can't think straight, it's making me hate him. I tried leaving a few weeks ago , I went back to my mother's house but trust my mama, she begged me to go back and my mother in-law too.

I don't even know what to do, my mental life is zero, I have withdrawn from everyone, I'm practically in poverty due to this addiction
He is a wonderful man BUT this addiction is a very big problem. We have prayed, fasted, gone to doctors but it's still there.

this is spiritual, seek for help. You leaving him won't be a solution, remember he is still your husband and a father to your wonderful children.
Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by Arielle: 2:19pm On May 22, 2022
kazyhm:
When a husband is having issues, fellow women advice dissolution of the marriage

When the table is on the opposite side, men advice the man should manup and take responsibility.

Marriage is a progressive work....not a destination.
You're a bloody liar. Show me which man has had a grievious problem caused by his wife that men here will advice him to "man up and take responsibility". If she were an alcoholic with all the attendant challenges of alcoholism, will he stay and help her? If she goes out and sleeps with another man, how many of you will forgive her and accept her back?
You people are a bunch of hypocrites who want what you are not prepared to give yourself. Yul Edochie had a wife he himself told the world was supportive and there for him when he had nothing. But he still stuck his wandering d^ck in other women and proceeded to marry one of them, shaming his wife before the whole world. The 'men' in this forum supported him, saying it was his right. Forgeting that she has rights too and was never told and given the option to enter into a polygamous marriage. Where were your 'for better for worse' adherents then?
It is a choice for the OP to make to keep supporting her husband. There should be no compulsion or guilting her into staying. Because most of you men are extremely disloyal and undeserving of a good woman. That is why many of you find your level with whores, wandering pvssys and lazy grasping women because like calls to like.

2 Likes

Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by kazyhm(m): 2:19pm On May 22, 2022
yommyoke:

I'll say no to this your assertion, you hardly see niggas telling another nigga to man up when it comes to marriage problems anymore, it's all "safety first" now.
No one should advise this woman to continue with this deadly adventure, she should end the marriage asap if changes can't be made.
Imagine a man wrecking a business jointly built from scratch, that man must be so useless.
Divorce the idiot, you can consider your love for him later, but consider your children's future first if you already have them.

It is not common that a man advice other men to divorce/breakup with their wives/galfriend over trivial issues...... especially when her good side outweigh the bad sides.....

Do your survey..... husband/boyfriend on average help the person they love out of severe situations than this....men spend fortune to educates, elevate, care and cure terminal diseases/ailments of their wives/galfriend and it won't even ever become a topic.
Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by We4all: 2:20pm On May 22, 2022
ibechris:
Madam,let me tell u something about men who drink alcohol uncontrollably.

Some were jazzed and some are actually addicts

But u see some of those women selling alcohol at various junctions, makeshift shelters, bars and name it. I remember I said "some",are using jazz or what I call juju.

U will bring all u your salary to them and go into debt just for them alone.
It happened to someone I know,but in the end,the guy died from poison...and he was the only son and only child of his mum.

U have to do something seriously.

True talk. I used to know a man who was an alcoholic. He was also jazzed. In his case, they said it was the man who was supposed to marry his wife that was responsible. That man’s case was something else.

1 Like

Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by incogni2o: 2:21pm On May 22, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

You are a very bitter soul.

And it shows more and more to everyone here not to take anything you say even worth looking at.

I understand, Life must have treated you with some hard knocks, but so it does many other people.

The way you come here to transfer that aggression to the lives of others is soo shocking.

I believe the Family will overcome this as everything in life is just a phase.

We come out stronger or battered.

You have fallen and chosen not to stand, Don't keep bringing others down with you.

But I want to let you know that it wouldn't end well for you if you continue this way.
Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by FERNANDEZISBACK: 2:22pm On May 22, 2022
incogni2o:

You are a very bitter soul.

And it shows more and more to everyone here not to take anything you say even worth looking at.

I understand, Life must have treated you with some hard knocks, but so it does many other people.

The way you come here to transfer that aggression to the lives of others is soo shocking.

I believe the Family will overcome this as everything in life is just a phase.

We come out stronger or battered.

You have fallen and chosen not to stand, Don't keep bringing others down with you.

But I want to let you know that it wouldn't end well for you if you continue this way.
Ok cry
Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by franchasofficia: 2:22pm On May 22, 2022
micflo28:
Did you not notice this while dating. Women stop rendering children fatherless through careless decisions via divorce. Alcohol is not the only thing taking his money. Can he drink 120k worth of drinks in a week? His got a mistress and committee of friends too the help him sink the family’s fortune. It’s time you forget your husband, with maturity, revive the family’s business with discipline and take care of your children. Feed him and cloth him but never release a dime for his habits. Take charge of your family’s finances for your continued happiness. Women think money matters more than character of a man as regards marriage. It is character that gets and keeps money for a man. Always emphasize on character of a man.
Op take this advice.

Take over the family business and grow it. Keep him away from laying hands on the business funds.

He is womanizing heavily, probably have a married mistress, most times a bar or restaurant owner he is funding.

And he doesn't drink alone, they probably have a club or group of friends.

Drinking alcohol alone can't consume that much to plunge him into debt unless he drinks with a group of friends everyday and he funds their drink outings and also spend on a mistress.

Any man that is a drunk must love women, alcoholism go in hand with womanizing

1 Like

Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by kazyhm(m): 2:23pm On May 22, 2022
Arielle:

You're a bloody liar. Show me which man has had a grievious problem caused by his wife that men here will advice him to "man up and take responsibility". If she were an alcoholic with all the attendant challenges of alcoholism, will he stay and help her? If she goes out and sleeps with another man, how many of you will forgive her and accept her back?
You people are a bunch of hypocrites who want what you are not prepared to give yourself. Yul Edochie had a wife he himself told the world was supportive and there for him when he had nothing. But he still stuck his wandering d^ck in other women and proceeded to marry one of them, shaming his wife before the whole world. The 'men' in this forum supported him, saying it was his right. Forgeting that she has rights too and was never told and given the option to enter into a polygamous marriage. Where were your 'for better for worse' adherents then?
It is a choice for the OP to make to keep supporting her husband. There should be no compulsion or guilting her into staying. Because most of you men are extremely disloyal and undeserving of a good woman. That is why many of you find your level with whores, wandering pvssys and lazy grasping women because like calls to like.

You're detailing from the content and defending you view out of context...

Yul Edochie, polygamy are off this very topic
Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by Maariv: 2:24pm On May 22, 2022
I don't know what to do .[/quote] Inbox me I've fot a message that xould help
Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by Augustwife: 2:27pm On May 22, 2022
meetme01:
Addiction of any sort is bad and here is an example of the result.

Madam, I really appreciate your dogedness. I appreciate the love you have for your family. I appreciate the kind words used in your message. You a woman of substance and rare in this generation.

Ma, your husband is going through something you have not discovered. He needs rehabilitation where he won't have access to the alcohol or other stuffs he consumes. During rehabilitation, he would be properly assessed and I believe intervention will deduce what exactly is cause of his addiction.

He needs your help more than ever. If you stay in the South West, I can recommend rehab homes for you that treat service users like your hubby. Let him be checked into a rehabilitation home for proper assessment. Also, don't rule out the spiritual aspect. Silent prayers can also do the magic.

Any further assistance will be provided upon request here on nairaland.

God bless and keep your home,ma
Please I would need recommendations of rehabs. I have searched without any useful information online. Thank you so much
Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by Augustwife: 2:29pm On May 22, 2022
zanebaddo:
what happens when he doesn't find money to take alcohol? Beg you? Steal from the business? Hit you if you don't help him with cash or the bars prolly sell to him on credit until he's able to clear the debt.
Steals from the shop, takes my ATM, steals from my account, get them on credit from the sellers e.t.c. But he is not violent
Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by Kobojunkie: 2:29pm On May 22, 2022
Zulu2022:
oga some b spiritual matters,de fit giv that man cup of drink fr dream use am swear fr am,tins de happen,not here to mk u believe oooh,abeg
There is nothing spiritual about addiction....instead it is a mental illness of the behavioral kind. undecided
Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by tunmoj(m): 2:29pm On May 22, 2022
Contact Barrister olumide kayode.. 'gnosis help'on Instagram.
Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by Arielle: 2:32pm On May 22, 2022
Augustwife:

Your husband seems to be a good man who has a serious challenge. He needs you now more than ever before. But it is a decision you have to make for yourself, it has to be whst is good for you and what you are prepared to sacrifice. Because it will be a long lonely road. But I dare say the reward at the end of it all will be so worthwhile.
If it were me i wouldn't leave him. I could never find happiness again when the man i love is on the brink of destruction. I would stay, pray and take some serious action. Such as finding a good rehabilition program than the quack you took him to. It will be expensive but sell whatever you can to raise the money. Your families will help.
Gird your loins and prepare for some hard times. But you will smile again and you will have your guy back. Be courageous.

2 Likes

Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by Zulu2022: 2:34pm On May 22, 2022
Kobojunkie:
There is nothing spiritual about addiction....instead it is a mental illness of the behavioral kind. undecided
oga u win,abeg no strength
Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by Oilwell(m): 2:34pm On May 22, 2022
Augustwife:

"PLEASE READ THIS"

Addictions cannot be broken by human will. Thats why for instance when a jailed armed robber is released from Prison give it like 2 to 6 months he will start robbing again. same goes for other vices. they are influenced and can't help it.
In the below message you will understand why he is addicted to Alcohol and the solution.
Go to Youtube and download KOINONIA messages especiallly this.
"THE MYSTERY OF DELIVERANCE PART 1 , 2, 3 and 4. Download and convert to MP3 if possible. Let him listen to it over and over again. in the message you will see the cause/source/solution of his challanges.
Just share your testimony here when your life turns around. Dont keep it to your self.

1 Like

Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by Freemasonry: 2:35pm On May 22, 2022
I think a lot of people are abusing the "till death do us part" thingy.

I can only take some shit so far and no farther.
If dude doesn't want to make an effort to change for good, I'm leaving his arse!
Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by reidkrugger(m): 2:35pm On May 22, 2022
kazyhm:

The world is becoming dump....by taking one incident as a fact to jump into conclusion, then mischievously referencing it for solution to all other unrelated issues.

Oga, who nor go, nor know. Marriage is different from dating o. When you get hooked in it and things begin to go south, it's difficult to just pull out of it. And in that time, you'll know the real meaning of pain. I've seen countless people breakdown for the worse because of things like this. And before I even talk any further sef. Are you married?
Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by Prime1(m): 2:40pm On May 22, 2022
Augustwife:

My little contribution:

Maybe there is a problem.
A problem he can't get over with.

From what you are saying....its like he is suppressing something.

For example;
Maybe he has committed a sin (i dunno how to categorise it) he can't tell you and its making him miserable

Or

Maybe you committed a sin he is now aware of that he couldn't believe when he found out the truth one way or another

If he is someone who can't express himself, then, maybe that is where the problem is.

Just saying, I maybe wrong after all.
Take care
Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by na2016: 2:42pm On May 22, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

You are not a human. So you are above problems? So if you struggle with something, the world should give up on you? People like you are really terrible hypocrites who advise people to do what they cannot do!
Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by ajerimitan: 2:43pm On May 22, 2022
When you follow rich kids drink alcohol and join them take drugs if all of una mad together. Rich kid parent can still afford to send them to the best rehab facilities and straight to Harvard. But you see you poor mad man of a a pikin will mad well well for market until kidnappers, ritualist or unknown government clear and forward you go where you no want to go. Every seed before marriage will germinate and grow stronger after marriage. Marriage will provide the enabling environment for either good or bad whichever the case may be. Just look how far he would have gone with his deligent wife but for alcohol.

1 Like

Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by Irupetepete: 2:43pm On May 22, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

for goodness sake, who is this idiot always jumping from thread to thread like a goat on heat... What's your problem? Every thread, every topic, you are there.. Are you that jobless? It's irritating pls...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Men Who Married At 24, 25, 26, 27. Do You Regret It? / Beware! Sunatu Bush Where Male Youths Rape Students (video Of Victims) / Few Ways To Show Love To Your Husband....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.