Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,756 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Not The Marriage I Had In Mind - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Not The Marriage I Had In Mind (29795 Views)

I Love My Wife & My Kid, But I Want To Leave The Marriage. Help! / The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State / 1 Year After Marriage, I Am Already Tired (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by kazyhm(m): 2:44pm On May 22, 2022
reidkrugger:

Oga, who nor go, nor know. Marriage is different from dating o. When you get hooked in it and things begin to go south, it's difficult to just pull out of it. And in that time, you'll know the real meaning of pain. I've seen countless people breakdown for the worse because of things like this. And before I even talk any further sef. Are you married?

It is a mistake if you think you've seen it all.

Your question is very lame because I senior you by age and experience to start with.
Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by LadyTara(f): 2:44pm On May 22, 2022
Alcohol addiction. Sigh!.

I don't know who told Nigerians they can pray addiction away?.

Wish i can give you sound advice on this issue, but the cases I have seen ended up with the wife either leaving or the man dying of kidney problem or hit by a car in his drunken state.
Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by Enumerator(m): 2:45pm On May 22, 2022
I don't expect any less advice from you though, noticed you always act all feminist and shiit but slightest sense like this you no get

undecided
FERNANDEZISBACK:
You better file a divorce for your sanity..if he's hell bent then dish him in the waste bin before he ruin your life completely..
Do that asap and stop managing yourself cos of some nonsense love you have for him..that guy is gonna wreck you and your future with his addiction..
You are better off single than being with a futureles boozer...

Modified:those saying for better for worse nonsense ain't good... It’s better to divorce after one year of a failed marriage than to hang in miserable for years..
Marriage is not an act of charity...If you're done then you're done..
Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by tmoneyu: 2:45pm On May 22, 2022
Augustwife:
I had to open a new moniker so I can rant in peace. My head is full, so it's going to be a long post .

I got married to the love of my life 2017 (we started dating 2009) and we have two wonderful children.
He loves me (I know for sure), doesn't cheat too and my in-laws are the most wonderful people on earth ( my mil especially).

We have a joint business but the bad part :he is addicted to alcohol.

He wasn't like this before we got married, he used to drink occasionally so I can't really tell how we got here.

It's so bad that he can't go a day without it. Once he can't lay his hands on alcohol he will begin to shiver like a malaria patient.

This addiction has gotten us into debts that I had to pay with my savings on several occasions.

I'm talking of debts of 120k, 167k, 136k e.t.c. He's takes several loans from loan sharks , drinks like no tomorrow.

He has wrecked ourbbusiness and only with the help of God was I able to rebuild It by taking loans and paying back.

We even decided he gets a job so he can be more responsible but after working for a year he had nothing to show for it.

Twice his parents had to take him to a therapist but it was all in vain as he would go back to drinking.

My head is scattered,I can't think straight, it's making me hate him. I tried leaving a few weeks ago , I went back to my mother's house but trust my mama, she begged me to go back and my mother in-law too.

I don't even know what to do, my mental life is zero, I have withdrawn from everyone, I'm practically in poverty due to this addiction
He is a wonderful man BUT this addiction is a very big problem. We have prayed, fasted, gone to doctors but it's still there.

I don't know what to do .
If he is the love of your life you can make him not to drink anymore, follow him to joints and curtail his excesses, secondly something might have been bothering him and eating him up, seat him down and have a word with him, you can also get a fake doctor's report that will write him that his liver and kidney is almost gone and he needs medication, this will solve your problem
Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by FERNANDEZISBACK: 2:47pm On May 22, 2022
Enumerator:
I don't expect any less advice from you though, noticed you always act all feminist and shiit but slightest sense like this you no get

undecided
You also sell Amazon gift card?
Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by Killermamba: 2:51pm On May 22, 2022
Augustwife:
I had to open a new moniker so I can rant in peace. My head is full, so it's going to be a long post .

I got married to the love of my life 2017 (we started dating 2009) and we have two wonderful children.
He loves me (I know for sure), doesn't cheat too and my in-laws are the most wonderful people on earth ( my mil especially).

He wasn't like this before we got married, he used to drink occasionally so I can't really tell how we got here.

It's so bad that he can't go a day without it. Once he can't lay his hands on alcohol he will begin to shiver like a malaria patient.

This addiction has gotten us into debts that I had to pay with my savings on several occasions.

I'm talking of debts of 120k, 167k, 136k e.t.c. He's takes several loans from loan sharks , drinks like no tomorrow.

He has wrecked ourbbusiness and only with the help of God was I able to rebuild It by taking loans and paying back.

We even decided he gets a job so he can be more responsible but after working for a year he had nothing to show for it.

Twice his parents had to take him to a therapist but it was all in vain as he would go back to drinking.

My head is scattered,I can't think straight, it's making me hate him. I tried leaving a few weeks ago , I went back to my mother's house but trust my mama, she begged me to go back and my mother in-law too.

I don't even know what to do, my mental life is zero, I have withdrawn from everyone, I'm practically in poverty due to this addiction
He is a wonderful man BUT this addiction is a very big problem. We have prayed, fasted, gone to doctors but it's still there.

You should do what the other lady did to her husband, by taking him to the mortuary to sleep among the dead. He woke up shouting I am alive, I am not dead. When he manage to come out of there he changed just like magic. Up till today he is not aware it was the wife that did it.

2 Likes

Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by bepositive11: 2:53pm On May 22, 2022
It boils down to whether or not he wants to change his ways. If he doesn't want to end his drinking habit, there's nothing you can do or say to make him change.

BTW, when it comes to getting rid of and addiction or bad habit, you need to take it step by step. Let him slowly reduce the intake of alcohol

Augustwife:

Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by Kingpele(m): 2:53pm On May 22, 2022
[quote author=FERNANDEZISBACK post=113047942]
If it was working would she have created this thread?if it was would she have laid a complaint and go to her momma's house?
Be real with yaself boy.. marriage ain't a do or die nonsense..[shut-up don't allow the devil to use u,I know u might not be married or even a matured for marriage..this woman is a sadist ,I know her type..she will be the one pushing the young man to alcohol..my wife use her love to stop me from drinking every day last two years..she made it known to me how much she and our children needs me both as a husband and dad..though I was spending my own money and it didn't affect me financially cos I drink only in the night but she reminded me of my own health and safety then I just withdrew myself from my friends that love to ball and am free till today...it is the work of a spouse to help their partners at all times
Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by NowisGod109(f): 2:54pm On May 22, 2022
Augustwife:

Then, you haven't met the right Deliverance pastor madam
Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by bepositive11: 2:55pm On May 22, 2022
He needs to break this cycle. Please tell him to get to the root of the problem. Why he is drinking alcohol in the first place. He's using alcohol to self medicate for something only he knows

Augustwife:

He is trying to stop, but it's not working at all. He keeps apologizing and keeps promising to change but it only lasts for a few days
Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by Kizzygentle: 2:55pm On May 22, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

File for a divorce and take care of your life..it's obvious he doesn't wanna change..let him drink himself to d**th if that will make him feel great..
Y've done your Best..
U see my point.. Now my problem with you is if the woman was the on one in the man's shoes, u won't make such comments.. That's my problem with you.. Its actually not healthy for you.
Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by Iretii0511(m): 2:55pm On May 22, 2022
Klass99:

Did you not take that vow too? Where did it originate from abeg? Like you, I honestly think it causes more harm than good, too.

Couples who intend to marry should be allowed to make their own vows or decide what constitutes "for better, for worse" by themselves, instead of repeating vows made by someone else.

In sickness and health - yes. Because no one intentionally decides to be in poor health. But you see that "for better, for worse" ehn, people deliberately use it as an excuse to behave badly or continue bad behaviour, while expecting their spouses to still put up with them.

For worse should be clearly defined and limited to things like;
1. Sickness from natural causes, not willful or deliberate causes of self sabotage like use of drugs, alcohol etc.
2. Loss of employment, through no fault of a spouse.

For worse should NOT include things like;
1. Serial/continuous cheating
2. Infecting a spouse with an STD
3. Chronic slothfulness and laziness
4. Or any of the deadly sins which indeed becomes detrimental or deadly to a spouse.

But what do I know, I am just thinking out loud cheesy

You do realise that alcoholism is actually a mental health issue?
Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by Kalaba(m): 2:58pm On May 22, 2022
Augustwife:
he wasn't like this before we got married, he used to drink occasionally so I can't really tell how we got here.

I don't know how to say this to you, but your husband's problem is gambling.
I'm a deep thinker, but immediately I read your post, one thing came to mind, and without thinking further I'm telling you he's into serious gambling.

Leaving him may result to the worse (suicide), I advise you first disconnect your husband from any form of internet activities, while you seek other ways to rehabilitate him.
Shalom
Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by FryMosquito: 2:58pm On May 22, 2022
Augustwife:

Things that make people change from their ill ways is when they learn the hard way. Make him to learn the hard by doing what I heard from a story of how a woman and organise with mortuary people concerning her husband that use to drink to stupor. He wake up in mortuary Hall, that the wife told him that he thought he's dead after drinking as usual, so she took him to mortuary.
Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by bigpicture001: 3:00pm On May 22, 2022
Ishilove:
This one is tough

Very toff
Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by delana(m): 3:00pm On May 22, 2022
Obviously your husband has got alcohol dependence issues . Each time he attempts to stop, he develops withdrawal symptoms such as the shivering you described and unfortunately, he finds himself running back to it , it can get so bad that some of them have seizures when they withdraw from alcohol for so long 1. He can't stop drinking alcohol on his own , he needs to have his withdrawal symptoms treated
2. He needs medications to reduce his craving for alcohol, I don't know if the psychiatrist offered this to you
3. I wouldn't know if support groups like Alcohol Anonymous are available in Nigeria, if so , he needs to join one
He can't do it simply by stopping
Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by Btruth: 3:03pm On May 22, 2022
Augustwife:

more like spiritual to me. Get him diagnosed at a good spiritual church or any good Ori-Oke for prayers. There's nothing impossible with genuine fasting & prayers though, if only you believe.
Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by penceman(m): 3:04pm On May 22, 2022
A lot of people in this stranded place called nigeria have lost sight of what marriage as propounded by the genesis. They see marriage as a refuge from reality, today our national population has gone beyond equilibrium such that even as at 2090 nigeria if it exist till then will be a duldrum. Marriage was suppose to be the last thing in life and was meant for two people united in their soul for the great task ahead. Today all we have are oppotunists
Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by Nobody: 3:04pm On May 22, 2022
angry he is obviously depress anyway I hope you remember the woman that package her husband to the mortuary to sleep after he got drunk, you can try that method or better still help him think and give him some encouragement... I don't even drink with my money let alone acquiring debts with it, which kind rubbish be that.
Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by LINSAR: 3:05pm On May 22, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Your husband has an addiction problem and you have to have him checked into rehab so he can get treatment he needs for his addiction? undecided

No amount of starvation-dieting, what you all call fasting, will fix your husband or your marriage. Alcohol addiction is a behavioral problem which indicates a mental illness so send him to get treatment for what ails him while you work towards getting your own mental healed. undecided

Are you based abroad??

Your advices are usually not commonly applicable in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by reidkrugger(m): 3:09pm On May 22, 2022
kazyhm:

It is a mistake if you think you've seen it all.

Your question is very lame because I senior you by age and experience to start with.

See olodo. Who de deceive you? You know me before? Taaa!!! Stay one side. ReidKrugger ma your mate?
Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by dontrulee: 3:10pm On May 22, 2022
Eyah, e go hard small.
I suggest you seperate for a while. Since you've tried your best, abeg rest. we don't have the power to change anybody. if you can't bear it any longer, leave for a while. Your absence might trigger a change In him or make him worse, we never can tell. A husband who drinks will soon gravitate to beating his wife, it's just a matter of time. Unfortunately, you've to get attached to such a man.
Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by meetme01: 3:10pm On May 22, 2022
Augustwife:

Please I would need recommendations of rehabs. I have searched without any useful information online. Thank you so much

Your location
Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by rickleye: 3:13pm On May 22, 2022
[quote author=Augustwife post=113047298]I had to open a new moniker so I can rant in peace. My head is full, so it's going to be a long post .

I don't know what to do .[/quote

Hmm � Hmm � ! Hmm �
Alcohol , Gambling, Porn
once those hooks set in. It’s a battle.
1st question is if he has hit rock bottom?
Has he realized the damaged that it’s causing and is he ready to do what it takes.
You have to move him away from what he’s familiar with.
I don’t know if they have this in Nigeria anywhere. I’ll have to google but he needs an intervention.
He needs to be among people who have walked his walk and survived. So he can go to some church camp for 30/40days but if he is going back to the same surroundings- he’s going straight back and each set back will be harder than the previous. So check alcohol intervention centres and if you have to fly him out ! So be it.
Praying for you. Good luck.
Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by Nobody: 3:16pm On May 22, 2022
Augustwife:

Sorry about all these!
Deeply unfortunate.
He already suffers ALCOHOL ADDICTION & such starts manifesting d moment he's withdrawn from it for few days, hence d need 4 more!
And the symptoms you have up there are clearly in keeping with such.
I will HELP if both of you are interested!
There are things he can start up to enable him pull through;
He needs to be aware & committed to it, if he's not the stubborn type. However, if he is, such can be commenced with the knowledge of his family.

1 Like

Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by RepoMan007: 3:17pm On May 22, 2022
Augustwife:

Some crazy advices.
1. Become his local distiller(Very risky).
2. Become his distiller and sell highly diluted alchlohol to him.
3. Let him wake up in a mortuary out of his stupor couple of times.
4. Be drinking half of his drink with him.
Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by Charis100: 3:17pm On May 22, 2022
My dear sister, I will advice you to surrender all to Christ as He is the only one that has the solution to your problem.Since he is not abusing you , stick closer to him in love and pray more fervently.Love conquers everything, God will help you out.
Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by babadee1(m): 3:18pm On May 22, 2022
Augustwife:

Get born again sister. Give your life to Jesus Christ. Study the Bible and pray to God with all your heart. Believe in Him and trust Him completely. Then sit back and watch miracles happen in your life and your husband's life.

1 Like

Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by Esales(m): 3:18pm On May 22, 2022
Augustwife:

Send me a DM, prayer will help
Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by Nobody: 3:20pm On May 22, 2022
Charis100:
My dear sister, I will advice you to surrender all to Christ as He is the only one that has the solution to your problem.Since he is not abusing you , stick closer to him in love and pray more fervently.Love conquers everything, God will help you out.
Have you ever fallen sick b4?
IF Yes, where did you visit for treatment?
When last did you visit the hospital & 4 what?
Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by Toxay(m): 3:25pm On May 22, 2022
Augustwife:

Since you said he was treated but it didn't work I would advise you to try psychedelics such as DMT or psilocybin
Re: Not The Marriage I Had In Mind by deinmaLoveday: 3:34pm On May 22, 2022
A woman tried this and it helped, you too can also try it and see if it will help.

Anytime he is deep drunk, just arrange with a mortuary attendant, take him there and allow him to sleep one night.

You too will come testify. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Should A Man Agree To Marry A Lady Without Ever Eating Her Food ? / Men Who Married At 24, 25, 26, 27. Do You Regret It? / Beware! Sunatu Bush Where Male Youths Rape Students (video Of Victims)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.