Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,675 members, 7,823,909 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK (46856 Views)

Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business / Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Multinational Technology Consulting Company? / Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by largeman4u(m): 3:17pm On May 24, 2022
Japa asap. Dollar is 607 to Naira.

Buy cars @largemanmotors
Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by Nobody: 3:18pm On May 24, 2022
Popemax:
I'm in the UK working as a dependent and is full time getting up to 700pds every week....as a student u have a specific hrs u can work....my brother japa is the best if u have a sure way.
Don't mislead the op.Most British citizens don't earn this much.Most of you are not doing well over there due to your illegal stay.You just want someone who will join you to suffer.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by Exsonyaksoncons: 3:18pm On May 24, 2022
People that do not know international Airport are giving advice

People that knows nothing about life too are giving advice

If you end 600k it means you alone is doing well

But think about your kids
What kind of life do you wish for them

In a country that you need to suffer to get everything

Let's just say you want them to go to a private university you will need to steal to meet up that's if you see were to steal from

Every one who goes outside Nigeria does that for the benefit of their families

Use your head bro and pray

All the advice are useless to you
Pray and decide

3 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by Beckyjidex(m): 3:19pm On May 24, 2022
Before nko, abi make I come help u carry ur load
Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by RepoMan007: 3:19pm On May 24, 2022
Oga i-won-japa, take 4 salary and invest in agriculture make you let us rest. Over there too whites want to run to Rwanda because of cost of living crisis or to put plainly, inflation.

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by InvertedHammer: 3:21pm On May 24, 2022
charles009:
Hello Folks,

I need una inputs, I tried scanning through nairaland threads and I am getting more of technicalities and rules lol. I need real experiences. As everybody around me dey japa so I decided to give it a thought. I work with a fintech company and net a little over =N=600k monthly. I am considering relocating to either UK,Germany,New Zealand, Australia or Canada. I am married with four kids. They said study route is the best .

A few of my colleagues that travelled just dey dull my ginger. My Oga who nets over 750k, we spoke today and he is considering a security man job, and claims net pay is over 2M monthly. Biko I cannot come and kill myself.

My friend, we spoke this evening and he responded oboy make I no lie you, na shit i dey pack for here, the good news is they say it will always get better with time. What if person no come eventually become citizen, is it a must you go become citizen.

I don talk to over 10 persons today and they all saying everything is though. Me I don't like stress, where me and wify go dey overwork just dey pay bills. Ofcourse I no get strength for menial jobs, make one oyibo use me take dey shine lol....

I no get any exceptional skill, I be sales man ooo.

Would you advise I still gamble and go with family abi make I hold my job oooo.

Please, I would welcome suggestions and advise.

Thanks Guys
/
I guess you whipped out your calculator when they told you N2million per month grin grin

At N2 million equivalent per month in UK, he is living worse than you do with N600k/month in Nigeria.

Why not visit them first to know how far.

/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by Sanchez01: 3:21pm On May 24, 2022
modskiller:

Honestly I’m this kind of person that if I tell you something, once is more than enough.

If I love you so so much I’d tell you twice or more but once you do otherwise and the consequence(s) comes knocking(learned this the hardest ways & I don’t wish go through such circumstances anymore)
I swear down i will ignore you and cut you off, it’s a way of life that will give me peace of mind.

And once you threaten my peace, you got to go ASAP.

He had his ear checked few days back even though he has had ear issues way back but he had to bribe his way at the hospital to even get an appointment.

I totally zeroed my mind when @Sanchez01 made a thread about moving to UTAH and said they’ve not taken light for two weeks, I cried.
grin grin grin

From a Nigerian viewpoint, it is the 9th wonder of the world. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by Nellsworld(m): 3:22pm On May 24, 2022
charles009:
Hello Folks,

I need una inputs, I tried scanning through nairaland threads and I am getting more of technicalities and rules lol. I need real experiences. As everybody around me dey japa so I decided to give it a thought. I work with a fintech company and net a little over =N=600k monthly. I am considering relocating to either UK,Germany,New Zealand, Australia or Canada. I am married with four kids. They said study route is the best .

A few of my colleagues that travelled just dey dull my ginger. My Oga who nets over 750k, we spoke today and he is considering a security man job, and claims net pay is over 2M monthly. Biko I cannot come and kill myself.

My friend, we spoke this evening and he responded oboy make I no lie you, na shit i dey pack for here, the good news is they say it will always get better with time. What if person no come eventually become citizen, is it a must you go become citizen.

I don talk to over 10 persons today and they all saying everything is though. Me I don't like stress, where me and wify go dey overwork just dey pay bills. Ofcourse I no get strength for menial jobs, make one oyibo use me take dey shine lol....

Thanks Guys
Op i understand u vry well, but don't be in a rush, now that u have it in mind, first get all the skills needed especially IT related skills in Nigeria, after that write a good CV and upload on indeed or any UK job site or better off, UK government job sites, it wouldn't be easy cos u will be denied severally, but ve faith and apply as many as u can, also make sure u also do the same with ur wife, and start saving for ur house over there and other things while u and ur wife is still applying for jobs, that's the best way to relocate to UK cos my uncle and his wife relocated like that in 2003 and now a citizen of UK, so be patient, upgrade urself, i am doing all these myself.

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by AntonVince: 3:22pm On May 24, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
whatever you do, if you go, dont put your family through unnecessary stress... so make sure you have a valid plan in place. it would be unwise for most to leave a ₦600K paying job to go hustle abroad, but then again, we aint in your shoes.

...and how much is that N600k in USD?
In my opinion, only those earning upwards of 1.5M should ever have a second thought when an opportunity to relocate to a 1st world country arises.

@ charles009:
This should be an easy decision given that you earn less than $1K in a month.
Anyone earning in Naira gets poorer everyday with the unabating slump in the local currency.
In a few months' time, PMS will be selling for nothing less than N400/liter and the domino effect of it will reflect in the prices of every other item out there. So, technically you'll be earning less than your current salary as the naira keeps weakening relative to the USD.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by ceejayluv(m): 3:22pm On May 24, 2022
600k Is just a thousand dollars, bro.... Wherever you wan jakpa to, Make sure you follow your Fintech career as you've gotten much experience in the field.... That'll make you grow faster abroad. Look for work Visa if possible.
Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by yemco74: 3:23pm On May 24, 2022
Advise from some one that have lived in the UK for 15yrs and now living in the US.If you have the means now japa.Your 600k job is not secured .It may be rough in the beginning, but you will be okay in the future.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by Chukapage(m): 3:25pm On May 24, 2022
Popemax:
I'm in the UK working as a dependent and is full time getting up to 700pds every week....as a student u have a specific hrs u can work....my brother japa is the best if u have a sure way.
Bro what is a Dependent? Abeg explain to me.
Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by 5tranger: 3:25pm On May 24, 2022
Man, I rarely make comments here, but I'll advise you since you asked for it.

I live and work in the UK. My simple advice to you is, don't relocate! If you do, you have 98% chance of regretting your decision, because it's not likely to be worth it. Unless you and your wife earn upwards of £6000 a month in total after tax, you can't live the life you're living in Nigeria here, with 4 children. And I don't know how you'll get the jobs to fetch you such money.

Wonder why I have remained here? My circumstances are completely different from yours.

All the best with whatever decision you make!

charles009:
Hello Folks,

Thanks Guys

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by thekingofafrica: 3:26pm On May 24, 2022
I think the question should be, in 5 yes time, what will your kids gain from this decision, what will you gain yourself ? Your salary would have had the purchasing value of 4K during obasanjo s time, it’s just 2k now, there’s no way you would travel into any country and avoid the “ rough first two years” well except you’re lucky, coming in with a work visa, most people doing it aren’t doing it for the money, God forbid your enemy falls I’ll, if you’re in the Uk, you might not be too bothered, you’ve got the NHS, and if you do yeye job today, someday you’d do better job, the economic indicators of Nigeria doesn’t look good for now, my 7 cents.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by bolousadex: 3:28pm On May 24, 2022
well, I would advise you to remain here unless you are getting your permanent residence in the UK, but I doubt it. You are probably going to relocate via a study visa, which is another stress. The next wahala will be to look for post-study visa or sponsorship. Currently, you are better off than someone who is netting 1500-2000k pounds in the UK. Before I left Nigeria for Canada, my salary was 1.5m/monthly. Not that I am earning more in Canada, but I am a permanent residence and that comes with alot of benefits. Don't leave your averagely paying job for a study visa. If you want to leave to any country, make sure it's for a permanent resident status.....

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by ibechris(m): 3:28pm On May 24, 2022
ABROAD HARD OH.

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by descarado: 3:29pm On May 24, 2022
Abroad is good if you are a good planner and manager.

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by Beermoney1: 3:29pm On May 24, 2022
charles009:
Hello Folks,

Thanks Guys

Makes no sense to leave, would security man job give you job fulfillment and satisfaction. Send you wife at least to secure the visa cause having multiple citizenship is a most in this kind of country Nigeria.
Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by thekingofafrica: 3:32pm On May 24, 2022
bolousadex:
well, I would advise you to remain here unless you are getting your permanent residence in the UK, but I doubt it. You are probably going to relocate via a study visa, which is another stress. The next wahala will be to look for post-study visa or sponsorship. Currently, you are better off than someone who is netting 1500-2000k pounds in the UK. Before I left Nigeria for Canada, my salary was 1.5m/monthly. Not that I am earning more in Canada, but I am a permanent residence and that comes with alot of benefits. Don't leave your averagely paying job for a study visa. If you want to leave to any country, make sure it's for a permanent resident status.....
but baba let’s be honest, chances of a work visa or PR is quite low compared to a student visa, should we wait till 2029 when 1.5 million worths just a thousand dollars, although I can’t lie, he might encounter a lot of stress coupled with the fact that he’s married( double wahala) but the end result justifies the struggles.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by JBoss25(m): 3:34pm On May 24, 2022
charles009:
Hello Folks,

Thanks Guys
Nigeria is a ticking time bomb that is about to explode. It's best you save and invest your salary money and leave the country, make sure you have at least N20M saved before you japa oo because rent and other utility bills is on the high side in the UK.

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:34pm On May 24, 2022
5tranger:
Man, I rarely make comments here, but I'll advise you since you asked for it.

I live and work in the UK. My simple advice to you is, don't relocate! If you do, you have 98% chance of regretting your decision, because it's not likely to be worth it. Unless you and your wife earn upwards of £6000 a month in total after tax, you can't live the life you're living in Nigeria here, with 4 children. And I don't know how you'll get the jobs to fetch you such money.

Wonder why I have remained here? My circumstances are completely different from yours.

All the best with whatever decision you make!

What kind of life do you think 600k will give you in Nigeria as a married man with 4 kids. I earn more than that as a single person and I am just managing. That money isn't worth shit in today's Nigeria especially if you live in the big cities and 4 kids.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by Nobody: 3:34pm On May 24, 2022
charles009:
Thanks guys, This is why I brought this here.

I am learning. ..
Relocate your FAMILY to a safer and saner clime but keep your Job.
Martial out plan 2 visit dem at least 2 times yearly.
NIGERIA is on a keg of Gunpowder!
One can wake up in the morning and lose an entire family and some stupid religious folks will say it is God's time! Nothing like that in diaspora!

Do this and thank me Later!

7 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by descarado: 3:36pm On May 24, 2022
RepoMan007:
Oga i-won-japa, take 4 salary and invest in agriculture make you let us rest. Over there too whites want to run to Rwanda because of cost of living crisis or to put plainly, inflation.
No white is running to Rwanda.

Rather, hardened criminals, terrorists and illegal immigrants to UK are shipped to Rwanda through a deal made by UK and Rwanda.

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by Savagr(m): 3:37pm On May 24, 2022
No.
Stay and repair the country
Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by Nobody: 3:38pm On May 24, 2022
descarado:
Abroad is good if you are a good planner and manager.

Absolutely Correct but the person must be HUMBLE and HARDWORKING!
ABROAD is not for proud Guys!. The Whites are not so and they detest such.
Humble to the Last and be ready to do anything legal for a start. A planner like you said will almost always hit his /her target unlike Naija.

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by Savage8563: 3:39pm On May 24, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

. Savings and investments are priorities to me but what good does having large amounts of money saved serve in an unsanitary, uncomfortable, and dangerous environment where one encounter can wipe savings dry? Serves no good at all.
I'm not against traveling but all these you mentioned are applicable to USA too .. Maybe Europe and Canada are exception

2 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by descarado: 3:39pm On May 24, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

What kind of life do you think 600k will give you in Nigeria as a married man with 4 kids. I earn more than that as a single person and I am just managing. That money isn't worth shit in today's Nigeria especially if you live in the big cities and 4 kids.
You are a very big liar.

Take it easy. This is just a discussion forum.
Nobody care to know what you earn

A man with family earning 600k as a steady income in Nigeria is a rich man if he manages and invests wisely.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:39pm On May 24, 2022
descarado:

You are a very big liar.

Take it easy. This is just a discussion forum.
Nobody care to know what you earn

A man with family earning 600k as a steady income in Nigeria is a rich man if he manages and invests wisely.

The Nigeria you knew then not the Nigeria of today.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by Hannover(m): 3:39pm On May 24, 2022
charles009:
Hello Folks,

Thanks Guys

Relocating with a wife and 4 kids will be the worst mistake you will ever make in your life. I'm guessing you should be in your very late 30s to early 40s already. Why leave certainty for uncertainty
Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by Hannover(m): 3:41pm On May 24, 2022
Raalsalghul:

What pisses me of about threads like this is that there's always a reference to the Op's current earning power: in this case 600k.

Last I checked, 1 dollar = 600 naira, so the Op is currently earning 1k dollars monthly which in itself is not bad but to put things in context :at this same time last year, it was about 1200 dollars.

Common sense dictates that there's a reason to be worried and so many other variables should be looked into apart from earning power.

Oga relocating with a wife and 4 kids in his early 40s is madness
Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by dubaiprince: 3:42pm On May 24, 2022
charles009:
Hello Folks,

Thanks Guys

600k net in Naija is not bad I must tell you. This is my advice, If you don't get a job with a gross pay of at least £50k p.a. in the UK (considering your family size), it is not worth it. It might be worth it in the long run but it would demand a lot from you financially and psychologically and that's even 50-50 because student route is very expensive due to its 10 year route to settlement. I would only recommend the student route for someone unemployed or not paid well.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK by Owologbo(m): 3:43pm On May 24, 2022
Klass99:

The OP said he is contemplating it because most of the people he knows around him don japa. It is not always about security reasons (if we are being honest) but for reasons like the OP's own, where people feel their peers have moved on and left them behind.

I know that feeling because more than half of my co-workers at a former workplace don japa. It was a tight knit work community, I had already resigned and was working somewhere else before they started to japa. Lydia (one colleague) who remained caught that bug and feeling, then started agitating for us to look into it too, she wanted us to plan and move together as two single ladies and friends. Sounds exciting, right?

But I don't do things because others are doing it, my destiny is not tied to other people's journey and I have always believed that in life God has a plan for each person, your path will be different, so will be mine. Not all roads lead to ogbodo-oyinbo, when I sat her down one day to quizz her on this japa quest, her motivation was purely the fact that our co-workers had gone and she felt left out, like she was missing out on some action.

I don't believe people should make decisions based on other people decisions.
I think op was more concerned about his pay in his work place and the uncertainty about how his new wished traveling out.
In all, if one has the means to leave the country, he/she should leave for the sake of his/her children not minding the struggles he/she will face there before settling down.
The children will have a better future there.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

How To Get A Job In Australia From Nigeria As A Graduate / FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA RECRUITMENT FOR GRADUATE TRAINEES / NPOWER Released New Test Assessment Date (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.