Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,867 members, 7,813,957 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:44 PM

Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos (78968 Views)

Photos Of The New Uyo-Ikot Ekpene Road: Akwa Ibom & Good Roads Na 5&6 / Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana / Woman Crashes Her Toyota Land Cruiser On Lagos Bridge, Blocks Half Of Road. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Echoban: 4:02pm On Jun 01, 2022
ogwumgbe:

we need someone that will fix our battered economy and Peter Obi is the only person that can do it now, shun tribalism, ethnicity, Partisan politics and vote for the right candidate, Nigeria is on its way to oblivion, and requires no sentiment to rescue it. Vote Peter Obi

Mtcheew
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by bigiyaro(m): 4:03pm On Jun 01, 2022
Topmaike007:
akwa ibom need to be better than that considering how they are the fourth highest earner from the money distributed to States from federal government..if you want to see road come to Ebonyi State you guys should stop hyping nonsense...this is mediocre come and see what Umahi is doing with little allocation and you will know your Governor is eating you guys and bamboozing you with this road.....
snap ebonyi and post let's see
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Echoban: 4:03pm On Jun 01, 2022
sonature1:

Stop calling Lagos a mini-Nigeria.

Lagos is a core Yoruba state with a large population of visitors.

Governing Nigeria is by far different from governing Lagos.

Simple question is who can govern the complexity of nigeria, if d person Governing Lagos can't because of Nigeria complexity, then who can
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jun 01, 2022
Wooow

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by tegrianonigltd(m): 4:16pm On Jun 01, 2022
Throwback:

You are obviously speaking out of ignorance.

I remember seeing roads like this during Tinubu's tenure.

He started the cobble stone roads allover Victoria Island in a road resurfacing drive, to help cater to the beach soil condition in that area. I remember Akin Adesola Str, Adeola Odeku Str, Ajose Adeogun Str as some of those touched. I remember how marveled I was at the quality of the job done while internship hunting in 2007.

On the mainland, he also revamped Oba Akran Road in Ikeja which was my daily route to school in the early 2000's, Oregun Road (Kudirat Abiola), Ijeshatedo Road in Surulere where I sat for my JAMB UME in the early 2000's also, are some of the many roads that featured in his achievements leading to re-election in 2003.

Funny you should mention Power as a priority.

Guess who tried to overdo himself to ensure there was private power generation in Lagos when others still waited on the federal government?

It was Tinubu who had that foresight and engaged Enron to come into Nigeria to develop Power generation for Lagos State, but the Obasanjo/PDP led federal government would not allow an opposition party Governor ridicule the federal government by succeeding where they had every intention to fail. So they frustrated the initiative.

Tinubu had many firsts that went beyond roads and power, but also simple governance initiatives like returning all missionary schools siezed by the 1979 to 1983 class of democratic state governments and better manage the true public schools, to initiatives and ideas about State vs Federal Government power separation.

Lagos State under Tinubu became the template to be copied by other states who needed to setup State agencies to better deliver and manage public service to the citizenry.

All the mentioned and more are the reasons why I wholly believe that Nigeria should give the city boy a chance to lead Nigeria.

Lagos no fine, Lagos get bad bad roads, from obawole, gbagada, iju, coconut, Alakija, onigbongbo, Sangotedo, Ajah, many many more, forget all these hypes, Nigeria need leaders, Lagos should be rubbing shoulders with Johannesburg, Cairo, Windhoek, etc in beauty, landscape, world class roads, I know Lagos like the back of my palm, so don’t argue Lagos, I was in Nigeria in December, it’s a Mess, big mess, open gutters, smelling environs, To tell you that the smallest state in Nigeria with a huge gdp. No hype, Lagos no fine, you don drive for abuja road?

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Cromagnon: 4:21pm On Jun 01, 2022
otipoju:
I dont remember seeing anything like this during Tinubu's tenure.

Good paved Roads are the bare minimum that government should provide for its citizens. Roads automatically bring physical development and economic activities to any location.

Steady Power supply is next on the priority list.
govt should not be doing the minimum
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by ubox: 4:25pm On Jun 01, 2022
Corporate2020:

It has to be. What is the residents population of Akwa Ibom? With 95% of Akwa Ibom indegenes working as house boys and house girls in Lagos, tbe state should be the cleanest on Earth
It's the 95% for me, who come remain for the state grin
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Karnice600: 4:27pm On Jun 01, 2022
Throwback:

You are obviously speaking out of ignorance.

I remember seeing roads like this during Tinubu's tenure.

He started the cobble stone roads allover Victoria Island in a road resurfacing drive, to help cater to the beach soil condition in that area. I remember Akin Adesola Str, Adeola Odeku Str, Ajose Adeogun Str as some of those touched. I remember how marveled I was at the quality of the job done while internship hunting in 2007.

On the mainland, he also revamped Oba Akran Road in Ikeja which was my daily route to school in the early 2000's, Oregun Road (Kudirat Abiola), Ijeshatedo Road in Surulere where I sat for my JAMB UME in the early 2000's also, are some of the many roads that featured in his achievements leading to re-election in 2003.

Funny you should mention Power as a priority.

Guess who tried to overdo himself to ensure there was private power generation in Lagos when others still waited on the federal government?

It was Tinubu who had that foresight and engaged Enron to come into Nigeria to develop Power generation for Lagos State, but the Obasanjo/PDP led federal government would not allow an opposition party Governor ridicule the federal government by succeeding where they had every intention to fail. So they frustrated the initiative.

Tinubu had many firsts that went beyond roads and power, but also simple governance initiatives like returning all missionary schools siezed by the 1979 to 1983 class of democratic state governments and better manage the true public schools, to initiatives and ideas about State vs Federal Government power separation.

Lagos State under Tinubu became the template to be copied by other states who needed to setup State agencies to better deliver and manage public service to the citizenry.

All the mentioned and more are the reasons why I wholly believe that Nigeria should give the city boy a chance to lead Nigeria.

No vex. All those roads dey, but dirty no let us see am well. No vex. Agbero sef don turn those places to Baba Ijebu enterprise. As for the color, them go park bus for road, use am as cover, piss here and there, turn the side walks and roads to greasy black. Smell no allow us look some things twice, plus the fact say nearly every 50 meters na refuse dump spot. The smell for Oshodi alone will make you face front and ignore the bus terminal..,
All these put together, no go ever look good even if your camera na 5million megapixel. Almost everything wey AKS get, Lagos get. Na just for dirty na Lagos use excellence pass AKS.
So bros don't take it personal. No vex

Folks, if you want Nigeria to be like Lagos in looks and manner, please vote for Tinubu. You may not need your senses to do that. Its quite easy without thinking.
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by otipoju(m): 4:37pm On Jun 01, 2022
AlphaTaikun:

Otipoju, I see you registered in 2007 and I originally have been a member of NL with an older account from 2005.

I take very strong exceptions to you saying you do not remember seeing any roads like this during Tinubu's tenure. 'Bola Tinubu upgraded a lot of roads using Julius Berger and I remember that Prince Adeseye Ogunlewe who was a Federal Minister under the PDP from Ikorodu in Lagos State kept preventing Tinubu from fixing the Federal roads in Lagos even though the roads were very bad. Broad Street was upgraded by him and the entire Business District axis around Tinubu Square.

You should not mislead folks here as a veteran member of this forum. Period.

I must commend Udom's Government for a job well done. Akpabio did a lot of great things to transform Akwa Ibom too to a state to be proud of.

I thank God that the words you used were upgraded. The roads were in existence and already tarred. Now compare the " upgrading " of roads with what Buba Marwa did with the Direct Labour Agency in terms of road construction.

Now . Tinubu was not a bad " Administrator " per sey considering he belonged to a generation where government administrators feel they are doing the people a favour by doing what they were elected to do.

But trying to market Tinubu as one genius who did wonders between 1999 and 2003 is just damn irritating. I remember Tinubu for MOT and Jigi Bola and for augn boards on the road saying "this is a Federal Road, we cant fix it."

Now we face the real reality that Tinubu has been converting public property to personal ownership all over Lagos and is getting 10% of the sweat of every Lagos worker via his Alpha Beta company...there is no way on earth that you would tell me to like him.

It is just not possible. I dont hate Tinubu but any man that behaves like he does wether Rochas, or Bode George, or Ibori or Alayemesiagha, or Goodswill Akpabio or Ganduje, I simply cannot like them. Its not about tribe.

Now when i hear a former Governor like Obi saying you can" go and verify " i did not steal money and after four years nobody has been able to bring any tangible proof that he stole public funds, you CV an understand why men like me are drawn to men like him.
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Ilaumoh(m): 4:50pm On Jun 01, 2022
Guys kindly View the link for more Akwa Ibom beauty on nairaland https://www.nairaland.com/7156623/ikot-ekpene-akwa-ibom-one
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Tookool(m): 5:05pm On Jun 01, 2022
Ilaumoh:
pls create a thread and post it we need more from Akwa ibom
I’m currently in Abuja
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Misterone: 5:15pm On Jun 01, 2022
Ilaumoh:
your so right bro
At times, you guys sound foolish. Pray tell, what has Tinubu got to do with Akwa Ibom. Even the times are different. The finances are different. Everything different

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Topmaike007(m): 5:16pm On Jun 01, 2022
bigiyaro:
snap ebonyi and post let's see
my state thread full nairaland search through nairaland and see what my governor is doing with little allocation compared to this shine shine road Udom built for you guys and you are capping something else....my state is in number 33 among the 36th state in terms of allocation and there is nothing to show for it..Akwa ibom, delta and bayelsa are worst because there's nothing concrete you guys can point to rather than this roads that can't last 8 years
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by AlphaTaikun: 5:23pm On Jun 01, 2022
otipoju:

I thank God that the words you used were upgraded. The roads were in existence and already tarred. Now compare the " upgrading " of roads with what Buba Marwa did with the Direct Labour Agency in terms of road construction.

Now . Tinubu was not a bad " Administrator " per sey considering he belonged to a generation where government administrators feel they are doing the people a favour by doing what they were elected to do.

But trying to market Tinubu as one genius who did wonders between 1999 and 2003 is just damn irritating. I remember Tinubu for MOT and Jigi Bola and for augn boards on the road saying "this is a Federal Road, we cant fix it."

Now we face the real reality that Tinubu has been converting public property to personal ownership all over Lagos and is getting 10% of the sweat of every Lagos worker via his Alpha Beta company...there is no way on earth that you would tell me to like him.

It is just not possible. I dont hate Tinubu but any man that behaves like he does wether Rochas, or Bode George, or Ibori or Alayemesiagha, or Goodswill Akpabio or Ganduje, I simply cannot like them. Its not about tribe.

Now when i hear a former Governor like Obi saying you can" go and verify " i did not steal money and after four years nobody has been able to bring any tangible proof that he stole public funds, you CV an understand why men like me are drawn to men like him.
The Lagos roads I mentioned were UPGRADED by Julius Berger from
very bad pot hole-riddled roads to high street, dualised roads.

Tinubu wanted to fix the very bad FG roads by using Julius Berger
but the FG stopped him so as not to take the glory! That was why Lagos State placed those billboards reminding everyone that the very bad roads were FG roads.

I was an adult then, and witnessed these things in the early 2000s in Lagos before some of us moved to live abroad.
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Bbbwings: 5:28pm On Jun 01, 2022
Topmaike007:
akwa ibom need to be better than that considering how they are the fourth highest earner from the money distributed to States from federal government..if you want to see road come to Ebonyi State you guys should stop hyping nonsense...this is mediocre come and see what Umahi is doing with little allocation and you will know your Governor is eating you guys and bamboozing you with this road.....
Na the same thing we dey talk.
Lagos deserves better.
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by gonkin(m): 5:28pm On Jun 01, 2022
shortIGBOman:

You don't know the East. That pedestrian Bridges are scattered across IGBO land grin grin

Imagine that foot bridge. It seems like something that would happen in lagos.
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by ocelot2006(m): 5:44pm On Jun 01, 2022
That's how we roll in Akwa Ibom.
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Paulianfa(m): 5:53pm On Jun 01, 2022
Akwa Ibom ayaiya
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jun 01, 2022
Throwback:

Dude, Ijeshatedo Road in Surulere was fully upgraded by Tinubu. I saw it in the news and I saw it with my very eyes when I had to sit for my JAMB UME at a center on that road.

More still, the upgraded road was even captured in his re-election campaign jingle in 2003.

That is a big lie. I lived in Aguda at that time and I saw it all. It was Fashola and not Tinubu that fixed Ijesha road. I am an alumnus of Ijesha Boys Secondary School i know that area very well. during Marwa's administration it Julius Berger that fixed Ijesha road, while Strabag fixed Agbegbi- Enitan road, Brown road and Adetola road. In 2007 Fashola awarded the expansion of Ijesha road and the access road to the bridge inward Okota road.
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by otipoju(m): 6:25pm On Jun 01, 2022
AlphaTaikun:

The Lagos roads I mentioned were UPGRADED by Julius Berger from
very bad pot hole-riddled roads to high street, dualised roads.

Tinubu wanted to fix the very bad FG roads by using Julius Berger
but the FG stopped him so as not to take the glory! That was why Lagos State placed those billboards reminding everyone that the very bad roads were FG roads.

I was an adult then, and witnessed these things in the early 2000s in Lagos before some of us moved to live abroad.

I am aware of that. It was really comical.
Marwa constructed new roads that opened up and brought development to areas beyond that Ikeja and mainland axis using the direct labour agency. No bloated contracts na government dey build am direct.

Tinubu has his die hard followers who are enthralled by his wielding of power no doubt. And that is allowed. But marketing him as one genius with super brains, modern architect bla bla is simply irritating.

We know better. I used to be a lover of Fashola until i learned that he was the genius of overbloated contracts that other state governors had to vome to him to learn the template he was using. Since then i just dey look am one kain.

Make we rest brother. By next Monday everybody go don know him result.

Nigeria needs to love in a totally different direction from what we have now that turns able bodied young men and women to beggars and prostitutes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Temi2468: 7:06pm On Jun 01, 2022
otipoju:

Were tutu!!! Na you and your papa wey dey piss for body for public na him una brain don damage together.

You people keep abusing one another because of politicians. Una no dey tire? You don't need to claim superiority in an argument. When it's turning sour, the best thing is that you snub the ill-matured person. Those politicians you are fighting for do not end up clapping for you.
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by otipoju(m): 7:30pm On Jun 01, 2022
Temi2468:

You people keep abusing one another because of politicians. Una no dey tire? You don't need to claim superiority in an argument. When it's turning sour, the best thing is that you snub the ill-matured person. Those politicians you are fighting for do not end up clapping for you.

You have a great point. Its one way to approach issues. But since 2007 my MO is to return fire with heavy fire for the uncouth. But ill never initiate uncouth language.

If you argue logically and your points make more sense than mine i raise my hands and surrender and shake hands. Or agree to disagree. But when you just throw jabs from nowhere when i never even quoted you sef. I return the salvo immediately without any feelings involved.

Na Lagos dem born me,na Lagos i grow. Eko o gba gbere rara...and as a yoruba man i know sey na madness dem dey take cure madness.
I
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Zaminamina: 7:36pm On Jun 01, 2022
Nice one Mr udom Emmanuel

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Temi2468: 7:51pm On Jun 01, 2022
otipoju:

You have a great point. Its one way to approach issues. But since 2007 my MO is to return fire with heavy fire for the uncouth. But ill never initiate uncouth language.

If you argue logically and your points make more sense than mine i raise my hands and surrender and shake hands. Or agree to disagree. But when you just throw jabs from nowhere when i never even quoted you sef. I return the salvo immediately without any feelings involved.

Na Lagos dem born me,na Lagos i grow. Eko o gba gbere rara...and as a yoruba man i know sey na madness dem dey take cure madness.
I

Lols.
Please, change o.
We need to be refined and not allow other people's ill manners change our identity.

I've never known you, but your response to him may give me a false view of you. Asides, it's maturity snubbing uncouth words.

Thanks for your matured reply, anyway.
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by adefitim(m): 7:58pm On Jun 01, 2022
Always something special about Akwa Ibom

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by ultimateprof: 8:03pm On Jun 01, 2022
Sexy road?
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Throwback: 8:06pm On Jun 01, 2022
obynzo:

That is a big lie. I lived in Aguda at that time and I saw it all. It was Fashola and not Tinubu that fixed Ijesha road. I am an alumnus of Ijesha Boys Secondary School i know that area very well. during Marwa's administration it Julius Berger that fixed Ijesha road, while Strabag fixed Agbegbi- Enitan road, Brown road and Adetola road. In 2007 Fashola awarded the expansion of Ijesha road and the access road to the bridge inward Okota road.

Dude, I have no reason to lie. Tinubu upgraded Ijeshatedo Road in Surulere before his re-election in 2003.
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by otipoju(m): 8:36pm On Jun 01, 2022
Temi2468:

Lols.
Please, change o.
We need to be refined and not allow other people's ill manners change our identity.

I've never known you, but your response to him may give me a false view of you. Asides, it's maturity snubbing uncouth words.

Thanks for your matured reply, anyway.

Lol. True talk. One of my destiny helpers was from nairaland here many years back. Around that COZA saga...just before nairaland was hacked and lost nearly if not all its data . I wrote one long epistle that got CV lose to 10,000 likes about Ese and Fatoyinbo.
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by codemaniacs: 8:39pm On Jun 01, 2022
otipoju:

I

You are not Yoruba....

No Yoruba person will speak against Tinubu, Fashola governance...

when you read AlphaTaikun and throwback comment you'll know they are Yoruba, unlike you they don't have to say "as a yoruba man" "Na Lagos dem born me,na Lagos i grow" .. from the comments it's obvious...

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Hunchogee: 8:42pm On Jun 01, 2022
This is a great fest by Akwa Ibom governmen
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jun 01, 2022
Throwback:

Dude, I have no reason to lie. Tinubu upgraded Ijeshatedo Road in Surulere before his re-election in 2003.

Bros he did not. Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! take it easy with the lies. Fashola upgraded Ijesha road to dual carriage up to the access road leading to the Cele Bridge that was constructed to link Okota road and it was done in 2007 and not 2003 take it easy bros we know this area wella
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Temi2468: 8:55pm On Jun 01, 2022
otipoju:

Lol. True talk. One of my destiny helpers was from nairaland here many years back. Around that COZA saga...just before nairaland was hacked and lost nearly if not all its data . I wrote one long epistle that got CV lose to 10,000 likes about Ese and Fatoyinbo.

Wow!
Really nice, Sir.

I don't belittle anyone I encounter in life.
Men are gifts- amazingly both the good and the bad. smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). / The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / ₦38,000 Per Night Guest House With 77 Lions In South Africa(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.