Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,052 members, 7,835,556 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos (79098 Views)

Photos Of The New Uyo-Ikot Ekpene Road: Akwa Ibom & Good Roads Na 5&6 / Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana / Woman Crashes Her Toyota Land Cruiser On Lagos Bridge, Blocks Half Of Road. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by sonature1: 11:31am On Jun 01, 2022
Echoban:

So who is then more sophisticated that can handle nigeria complexity?? To if u can govern Lagos a mini nigeria, then u can govern anywhere in d world o..

Stop calling Lagos a mini-Nigeria.

Lagos is a core Yoruba state with a large population of visitors.

Governing Nigeria is by far different from governing Lagos.
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by InsideLove(f): 11:35am On Jun 01, 2022
The title is something else - Sexy. God bless Udom Emmanuel.
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by M1Garand(m): 11:38am On Jun 01, 2022
sonature1:

Stop calling Lagos a mini-Nigeria.

Lagos is a core Yoruba state with a large population of visitors.

Governing Nigeria is by far different from governing Lagos.

But governing Anambra is a template for governing Nigeria?
At least Lagos is a state with large population of visitor meaning it's cosmopolitan so as Nigeria is. Anambra is not cosmopolitan but when you guys tell us about Obi you make mention of Anambra forgetting it's a largely monoethnic state and monoreligous state which is far from the present day Nigeria.
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by abokikhalifa: 11:41am On Jun 01, 2022
Ilaumoh:
More from African facts https://twitter.com/africafactszone/status/1531733793207463936?s=21&t=TVnNUuCFCsu5-qP_dspbsA

A village called Etinan in Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria.

Akwa Ibom State is the cleanest state in Nigeria.

Mynd44, Lalasticlala front page

That's my grand mothers LGA. May her soul continue to rest in peace. I miss home and i cant wait to make money so that i can be traveling to Akwa ibom every weekend. This Lagos is shit.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by sonature1: 11:42am On Jun 01, 2022
M1Garand:

But governing Anambra is a template for governing Nigeria?

No state is a template for governance in Nigeria. I have a strong conviction that Nigeria should not have a business being in one country because the country is too complicated and diverse to be one. The large population of illiterates and tribalistic people make it even more irritating.

After all, Fashola promised to fix power in 6 months as Lagos governor. When he now got the opportunity to walk the talk, he could not add even 1MW to existing power capacity. This has nothing to do with tribalism, so save your whataboutism for another day.
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Ohraybs(m): 11:43am On Jun 01, 2022
Ilaumoh:
Akwa Ibom and Europe standard of Road na 5&6 .. photos .. Udom Emmanuel may your days be long ..

Akwa Ibom and building sexy road inside the village and J. Berger finishing work na 5&6
Etinan LGA pictures.

https://twitter.com/victoremah/status/1531537607380938752?s=21&t=TVnNUuCFCsu5-qP_dspbsA

It’s the truth oh! Akwa Ibom has one of the finest and neatest road In NIGERIA! I remember my visit there 9years ago!

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by TheGift: 11:48am On Jun 01, 2022
anonimi:

If they are not mutually exclusive, please how much of these outcomes has Emmanuel achieved along with his sexy roads? Thanks

I am not here to defend Emmanuel. What I said applies to Him or any other governor. Thanks.
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by ZombieTAMER: 11:49am On Jun 01, 2022
Throwback:

You are obviously speaking out of ignorance.

I remember seeing roads like this during Tinubu's tenure.

He started the cobble stone roads allover Victoria Island in a road resurfacing drive, to help cater to the beach soil condition in that area. I remember Akin Adesola Str, Adeola Odeku Str, Ajose Adeogun Str as some of those touched. I remember how marveled I was at the quality of the job done while internship hunting in 2007.

On the mainland, he also revamped Oba Akran Road in Ikeja which was my daily route to school in the early 2000's, Oregun Road (Kudirat Abiola), Ijeshatedo Road in Surulere where I sat for my JAMB UME in the early 2000's also, are some of the many roads that featured in his achievements leading to re-election in 2003.

Funny you should mention Power as a priority.

Guess who tried to overdo himself to ensure there was private power generation in Lagos when others still waited on the federal government?

It was Tinubu who had that foresight and engaged Enron to come into Nigeria to develop Power generation for Lagos State, but the Obasanjo/PDP led federal government would not allow an opposition party Governor ridicule the federal government by succeeding where they had every intention to fail. So they frustrated the initiative.

Tinubu had many firsts that went beyond roads and power, but also simple governance initiatives like returning all missionary schools siezed by the 1979 to 1983 class of democratic state governments and better manage the true public schools, to initiatives and ideas about State vs Federal Government power separation.

Lagos State under Tinubu became the template to be copied by other states who needed to setup State agencies to better deliver and manage public service to the citizenry.

All the mentioned and more are the reasons why I wholly believe that Nigeria should give the city boy a chance to lead Nigeria.

God forbid bad thing

city boy ko
city child ni

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Yadid(m): 11:52am On Jun 01, 2022
Throwback:

So who then do we blame?

A governor who had foresight and understood we would be where we are now struggling to generate above 1000MW, or the FG who had no plan and would not let those with a plan to succeed.

We blame both of them. The FG is wrong hoarding the right to power and the state also erred by not prompting its federal lawmakers to push bills for the amendment of that law.
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by M1Garand(m): 11:54am On Jun 01, 2022
sonature1:

No state is a template for governing any state in Nigeria. I have a strong conviction that Nigeria should not have a business being in one country because the country is too complicated and diverse to be one. The large population of illiterates and tribalistic people make it even more irritating.

After all, Fashola promised to fix power in 6 months as Lagos governor. When he now got the opportunity to walk the talk, he could not add even 1MW to existing power capacity. This has nothing to do with tribalism so save your whataboutism for another day.

Read my update
This is politics and there's no way you won't talk about your previous success in government. Tinubu uses Lagos has his own reference and Peter Obi has always done the same. I for one don't care what he has achieved in Anambra because I know central is different but there should be know witch-hunting of Tinubu when he uses Lagos as his own metric something that Peter Obi does too. It's as simple as that.

I am for objectivity. In Lagos I can't go outside talking bad about Igbos or hausa's in the bus because I know I am in a cosmopolitan state with lot's of tribes with me in the bus. The same example can be made for Governance. Governing Lagos is a different ball game because you have to appeal to all tribes present.
Have you ever wondered why no Lagos governor has ever carried religion on his head it's because Lagos is multireligious but I am aware Anambra is purely Igbo and Christain state which makes it easier to govern compared with Lagos where you have to manage every of your statement. That's why Tinubu will keep using Lagos as a metric because it's mini Nigeria
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by chukel(m): 11:55am On Jun 01, 2022
And this state shares boundary with abia

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Enemaudokwu: 11:56am On Jun 01, 2022
It's in their blood to develop the state irrespective of the party. Akwa ibom ayaya

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Nobody: 11:57am On Jun 01, 2022
lolu2019:
[s]mumu like u.when orna go siddon for one place.the project I was working on at Akwa ibom(ibeno) was actually an ocean turned into land.the building was full of cast iron.[/s]
Werey dey disguise. grin

See...werey....do you know broad street and down to where the US embassy is in Lagos used to be part of Atlantic Ocean? It was created in the 70s. Even Ahmadu Bello Str. So, cos you harvest near land in the ocean that has been done like 50 years ago in Lagos...you no want us to hear words.

Na you be the mumu. Dundie United.

You better go research the difference between land recovery near shore and real deep sand filling inside the ocean. Werey...and you talk say you dey work there. Na lie. You no sabi anything with what you wrote here.

If you dont clear off my mention....get the crap out.

This is why you are irrelevant and your governors will keep cheating you. When you dont even know the value of what is done there ....you want to compare it with Eko Atlantic. If what you are saying is true, this was done in the 60s in Lagos...like 50 to 60 years ago.

Werey....just 1,000 sqm expense of Eko Atlantic will cover the whole of this project. You better go better school and learn.

Will you get out of my mention before you chop another knock on your head?

Receive sense!!!

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Bbbwings: 11:57am On Jun 01, 2022
Topmaike007:
akwa ibom need to be better than that considering how they are the fourth highest earner from the money distributed to States from federal government..if you want to see road come to Ebonyi State you guys should stop hyping nonsense...this is mediocre come and see what Umahi is doing with little allocation and you will know your Governor is eating you guys and bamboozing you with this road.....
Lagos is mediocre considering the humongous IGR generated yearly.
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Ikea81: 12:14pm On Jun 01, 2022
Moving. Thanks
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Akharmony: 12:15pm On Jun 01, 2022
very peaceful community, during my Nysc service year in 2015 my place of primary assignment was Etinan institute high school, then i bargained for nice room in a mini resort in the area. My favourite food was white rice and pepper soup stew and braai plantain and chicken with some spread of vegetables . Mak i no tlk about some top noutch classy oh BebE for Uyo(capital city). . I spent just 6months after whc i jet out of the country for SA. .Akwa IBom Ayaya! very lovely people

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Oshe1122: 12:18pm On Jun 01, 2022
Akwa ibom ayaya... All the roads are � percent in Akwa ibom.. it a place to visit

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Topmaike007(m): 12:19pm On Jun 01, 2022
Bbbwings:

Lagos is mediocre considering the humongous IGR generated yearly.
I did not argue that with you,but you guys and Lagos inclusive should stop hyping rubbish
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Mode99: 12:20pm On Jun 01, 2022
I love akwa ibom

Relocation loading!!!

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by OderaOdesigo: 12:21pm On Jun 01, 2022
otipoju:
I dont remember seeing anything like this during Tinubu's tenure.

Good paved Roads are the bare minimum that government should provide for its citizens.

Power is next on the priority list.

How old were you when Tinubu was in government? I ask because you couldn’t have been old enough and still come across as that ignorant.

Tinubu not only constructed new roads in such diverse places as Ajah, Epe, Egbeda, Badagry, Ikorodu, etc, he even went as far as spending considerable money on Federal roads in Lagos State which Obasanjo’s government intentionally left to rot so that unknowing Lagosians would blame the governor for it. He kept trying to fix those roads until the Lagos State Government was physically prevented (almost at the point of violence) several times by officials of FERMA and Federal Ministry of Works under Senator Adesoye Ogunlewe.

Go and read up history and learn new things rather than keep spewing hatred on social media where too many people exhibit insane amounts of ignorance.
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by joe120120(m): 12:45pm On Jun 01, 2022
Ilaumoh:
Akwa Ibom and Europe standard of Road na 5&6 .. photos .. Udom Emmanuel may your days be long ..

Akwa Ibom and building sexy road inside the village and J. Berger finishing work na 5&6
Etinan LGA pictures.

https://twitter.com/victoremah/status/1531537607380938752?s=21&t=TVnNUuCFCsu5-qP_dspbsA

When will Delta State have this type of government? Am jealous 4 the governor of Akwa ibom. May God guide him throughout his political job.
Delta State and corrupt leaders is like 1&2 ,they will never have peace in there family till infinity

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by man4woman: 12:46pm On Jun 01, 2022
If you have ever traved to Akwa Ibom. You will give the state best city in Africa. Yes, I have been there...

Notice.... Notice....

Students Loan available for USA and Canada
No collateral No Guarantor required.
Application is online. No hidden charges.

Requirements:

You must be a current student or have just gain admission into USA or Canada university.

Maximum loan to an individual - $100,000

Call or Whatsapp 08140839717

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by otipoju(m): 12:52pm On Jun 01, 2022
obembet:

How old are u when Tinubu was a Governor?

I had experienced 3 ASUU strikes as an undergeaduate.
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by ogwumgbe: 12:54pm On Jun 01, 2022
Echoban:

So who is then more sophisticated that can handle nigeria complexity?? To if u can govern Lagos a mini nigeria, then u can govern anywhere in d world o..

we need someone that will fix our battered economy and Peter Obi is the only person that can do it now, shun tribalism, ethnicity, Partisan politics and vote for the right candidate, Nigeria is on its way to oblivion, and requires no sentiment to rescue it. Vote Peter Obi
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:58pm On Jun 01, 2022
GreyLaw:

I was talking to a sane person. Millions of Nigerians are making money in other states. You speak like an unschooled and poorly traveled person. People visit or stay I Lagos by virtue of necessity. Maybe one day some idiots would also blame people for living in Abuja.

Please don't quite me with nonsense. Some of us are above that "your brothers, your brothers" rubbish. Please stay away!
I was compelled to peep through some of ur previous posts after the trash you deposited here. And one fact became clear, ur obsession with Tinubu. And one thing common among people obsessed with Tinubu is their region of origin. You cannot hate Tinubu and like Lagos.
The only thing I've to say to you is that you have no moral right to talk trash about lagos while ur state of origin is absolutely nothing to write about
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by otipoju(m): 1:02pm On Jun 01, 2022
dyera:

I stayed in Lagos throughout 2006, the main road between the roundabout and Ajar market was in ruins. And this was one year before the end of Tinubu tenure. The road was later fixed by Fashola. Most of what you see today in Lagos happened during Fashola time.

Exactly. If they were hyping Fashola, i would even understand because the guy really really tried. But Tinubu? Omo e fi gbe le fun agbe po!

They say they did not let him fix bad federal roads. Okay how about building new hospitals and other stuff. He buillt nothing.
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by otipoju(m): 1:03pm On Jun 01, 2022
Naijaprosper:

Maybe you were not in Lagos during tinubu's governorship.
Did you see what he did to Lagos Island without federal government funding? Not leaving out other parts of Lagos.

What did he do. Me i was born and lived in lagos all my adult life ooo. Many decades ooo. I school for Lagos island. Work for Lagos Island. What did he exactly .
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Keda25: 1:04pm On Jun 01, 2022
Okowa left this group
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Galadimaboie: 1:07pm On Jun 01, 2022
Up akwaibom

the state that can rivals abuja

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by otipoju(m): 1:08pm On Jun 01, 2022
OnknownSoldier:

First, how old are you?

I know i am way older than you.
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Charly68: 1:12pm On Jun 01, 2022
I shall soon relocate to that part of the country seems things are working but leant food cost is high there in

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Classickj(m): 1:23pm On Jun 01, 2022
Ilaumoh:
kindly come and visit Akwa ibom ..
Am from Etinan
Was there in Dec

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). / 10 States In Nigeria Where Pidgin-English Is Most Spoken (written In Pidgin) / ₦38,000 Per Night Guest House With 77 Lions In South Africa(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.