Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,926 members, 7,814,117 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos (78976 Views)

Photos Of The New Uyo-Ikot Ekpene Road: Akwa Ibom & Good Roads Na 5&6 / Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana / Woman Crashes Her Toyota Land Cruiser On Lagos Bridge, Blocks Half Of Road. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Nobody: 8:47am On Jun 01, 2022
This is impressive, the govt should try to populate the place at once to prevent bandits from occupying's the bushes and kidnapping.

They can rent girls from IMO state and guys from AK to speedily populate the area ASAP.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by pretydiva(f): 8:47am On Jun 01, 2022
The roads are beautiful. I don't know what obaseki is doing? His tenure has been a flop. No good roads in Edo state. I weep for my state

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by anonimi: 8:47am On Jun 01, 2022
otipoju:
I dont remember seeing anything like this during Tinubu's tenure.

Good paved Roads are the bare minimum that government should provide for its citizens.

Power is next on the priority list.

Good paved roads as bare minimum?
Not primary schools with enough teachers to have every child enrolled?
Interesting!
No wonder we have insecurity issues with unemployment and badly educated/uneducated area boys and almajiris in the country.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by OnknownSoldier: 8:48am On Jun 01, 2022
otipoju:

Good paved Roads are the bare minimum that government should provide for its citizens.

First, how old are you?

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by AwkaFinest: 8:48am On Jun 01, 2022
baretalk:
Roads are the basics, stop praising governors for doing their job. Let's talk of empowerment, building factories managed by private consultants,.mass skills training of youths and handing over of tools to start to earn a living. Akwa ibom is an oil rich state...how much is their minimum wage...this is what the governor should be doing. Roads are basics, and only take like 20% of state revenue...the rest money should be used on the people.

It's month end, allow Ilaumo to earn his May salary...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by pretydiva(f): 8:48am On Jun 01, 2022
quentin06:
This is impressive, the govt should try to populate the place at once to prevent bandits from occupying's the bushes and kidnapping.

They can rent girls from IMO state and guys from AK to speedily populate the area ASAP.
You were making sense, but your last paragraph shows how myopic you are. Try get sense

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by jrusky(m): 8:48am On Jun 01, 2022
Sexy road? Sorry what kind of English is that?
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by iscom(m): 8:48am On Jun 01, 2022
Great

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by marsup: 8:49am On Jun 01, 2022
Throwback:

You are obviously speaking out of ignorance.

I remember seeing roads like this during Tinubu's tenure.

He started the cobble stone roads allover Victoria Island in a road resurfacing drive, to help cater to the beach soil condition in that area. I remember Akin Adesola Str, Adeola Odeku Str, Ajose Adeogun Str as some of those touched. I remember how marveled I was at the quality of the job done while internship hunting in 2007.

On the mainland, he also revamped Oba Akran Road in Ikeja which was my daily route to school in the early 2000's, Oregun Road (Kudirat Abiola), Ijeshatedo Road in Surulere where I sat for my JAMB UME in the early 2000's also, are some of the many roads that featured in his achievements leading to re-election in 2003.

Funny you should mention Power as a priority.

Guess who tried to overdo himself to ensure there was private power generation in Lagos when others still waited on the federal government?

It was Tinubu who had that foresight and engaged Enron to come into Nigeria to develop Power generation for Lagos State, but the Obasanjo/PDP led federal government would not allow an opposition party Governor ridicule the federal government by succeeding where they had every intention to fail. So they frustrated the initiative.

Tinubu had many firsts that went beyond roads and power, but also simple governance initiatives like returning all missionary schools siezed by the 1979 to 1983 class of democratic state governments and better manage the true public schools, to initiatives and ideas about State vs Federal Government power separation.

Lagos State under Tinubu became the template to be copied by other states who needed to setup State agencies to better deliver and manage public service to the citizenry.

All the mentioned and more are the reasons why I wholly believe that Nigeria should give the city boy a chance to lead Nigeria.
Don't also forget he paved way for Agberos, that's also one of his many achievements..

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by TemmyT002(m): 8:49am On Jun 01, 2022
Where is this state getting money from?

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by YeyeGbami: 8:49am On Jun 01, 2022
You post akwa ibom road, you dey talk about tinubu.. Why some people just foolish like dis..

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by TheGift: 8:49am On Jun 01, 2022
Ilaumoh:
Akwa Ibom and Europe standard of Road na 5&6 .. photos .. Udom Emmanuel may your days be long ..

Akwa Ibom and building sexy road inside the village and J. Berger finishing work na 5&6
Etinan LGA pictures.

https://twitter.com/victoremah/status/1531537607380938752?s=21&t=TVnNUuCFCsu5-qP_dspbsA

They’ve been doing this , since I visited about 11 years ago. “Sexy roads inside villages”

That’s how villages become cities. Begin with the roads.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by anonimi: 8:49am On Jun 01, 2022
pretydiva:
The roads are beautiful. I don't know what obaseki is doing? His tenure has been a flop. No good roads in Edo state. I weep for my state

What does your state lawmaker have to say about it, as well as the commissioner from the area

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by ogwumgbe: 8:50am On Jun 01, 2022
Throwback:

You are obviously speaking out of ignorance.

I remember seeing roads like this during Tinubu's tenure.

He started the cobble stone roads allover Victoria Island in a road resurfacing drive, to help cater to the beach soil condition in that area. I remember Akin Adesola Str, Adeola Odeku Str, Ajose Adeogun Str as some of those touched. I remember how marveled I was at the quality of the job done while internship hunting in 2007.

On the mainland, he also revamped Oba Akran Road in Ikeja which was my daily route to school in the early 2000's, Oregun Road (Kudirat Abiola), Ijeshatedo Road in Surulere where I sat for my JAMB UME in the early 2000's also, are some of the many roads that featured in his achievements leading to re-election in 2003.

Funny you should mention Power as a priority.

Guess who tried to overdo himself to ensure there was private power generation in Lagos when others still waited on the federal government?

It was Tinubu who had that foresight and engaged Enron to come into Nigeria to develop Power generation for Lagos State, but the Obasanjo/PDP led federal government would not allow an opposition party Governor ridicule the federal government by succeeding where they had every intention to fail. So they frustrated the initiative.

Tinubu had many firsts that went beyond roads and power, but also simple governance initiatives like returning all missionary schools siezed by the 1979 to 1983 class of democratic state governments and better manage the true public schools, to initiatives and ideas about State vs Federal Government power separation.

Lagos State under Tinubu became the template to be copied by other states who needed to setup State agencies to better deliver and manage public service to the citizenry.

All the mentioned and more are the reasons why I wholly believe that Nigeria should give the city boy a chance to lead Nigeria.

The man is truly a leadership guru but Nigeria is more complex than Lagos

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by 9gerian: 8:50am On Jun 01, 2022
Highly commendable!

Ilaumoh:
Akwa Ibom and Europe standard of Road na 5&6 .. photos .. Udom Emmanuel may your days be long ..

Akwa Ibom and building sexy road inside the village and J. Berger finishing work na 5&6
Etinan LGA pictures.

https://twitter.com/victoremah/status/1531537607380938752?s=21&t=TVnNUuCFCsu5-qP_dspbsA

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by TheGift: 8:50am On Jun 01, 2022
TemmyT002:
Where is this state getting money from?

Erm, Oil money.
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by sanusianangi: 8:50am On Jun 01, 2022
Ilaumoh:

Etinan LGA pictures.

The problems here is like of maintaince

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by DamianX: 8:50am On Jun 01, 2022
Damn omoh.
Nothing like this in the SE & SW

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by maxiart2(m): 8:51am On Jun 01, 2022
Akwa Ibom ayaya cheesy

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by anonimi: 8:51am On Jun 01, 2022
TheGift:
They’ve been doing this , since I visited about 11 years ago. “Sexy roads inside villages”

That’s how villages become cities. Begin with the roads.

Not with schools, PHCs, water, jobs?
Do we blacks have grey matter also

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Naijaprosper: 8:51am On Jun 01, 2022
otipoju:

Maybe you were not in Lagos during tinubu's governorship.
Did you see what he did to Lagos Island without federal government funding? Not leaving out other parts of Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by nkemoma(m): 8:51am On Jun 01, 2022
Abia state is cursed

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by sanusianangi: 8:51am On Jun 01, 2022
Ilaumoh:

Etinan LGA pictures.

The problems here is lackof maintaince
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Nobody: 8:51am On Jun 01, 2022
pretydiva:

You were making sense, but your last paragraph shows how myopic you are. Try get sense

Is it because I said they should use girls from other states? Why e dey pepper you.?

Have even travelled outside your state in the last 30 days?

Try to use your brain for once.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by ruggedtimi(m): 8:52am On Jun 01, 2022
But these type of road full koforidua Ghana and other rural areas around gh. No be big deal.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by bro4u: 8:52am On Jun 01, 2022
Ilaumoh:

Etinan LGA pictures.

You this Udom praise singer shamelessly added the itam flyover constructed by Akpabio. You're a foolish man for always promoting failure and misleading people here
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by harmony75: 8:52am On Jun 01, 2022
Great job�❤️

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by dyera(m): 8:52am On Jun 01, 2022
otipoju:

I stayed in Lagos throughout 2006, the main road between the roundabout and Ajar market was in ruins. And this was one year before the end of Tinubu tenure. The road was later fixed by Fashola. Most of what you see today in Lagos happened during Fashola time.

4 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by uthlaw: 8:53am On Jun 01, 2022
otipoju:

Na you and your papa wey dey piss for body for public na him him brain don damage.
if you tinubu is the problem of you people... You all die of heart attack.. Common PDP ticket,you cannot get!

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by uuzba(m): 8:53am On Jun 01, 2022
Nonybb:
And Lagos is still a slum
The ground and road usage are different between lagos and akwa ibom.
If you use xyz Naira to build 1Km or road in Akwa Ibom which has a firmer soil
and you use same xyz Naira to build same 1Km of road in Lagos which has soft/water logged soil,
plus lagos has many heavy trucks and vehicles, then surely lagos road will break apart quite quickly.

If they give you only xyz naira to spend, then you cannot build 1km of road well in Lagos.
It must be less distance.
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by EmekaBlue(m): 8:53am On Jun 01, 2022
Akwa ibom govt is trying and doing well but i dont understand why their people area into menial jobs like house helps and gatemen all over Lagos/Abuja
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Mhistaedie01(m): 8:53am On Jun 01, 2022
Etinan na village?
Guy e no too before you correct yourself before they come for your head
Ilaumoh:
More from African facts https://twitter.com/africafactszone/status/1531733793207463936?s=21&t=TVnNUuCFCsu5-qP_dspbsA

A village called Etinan in Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria.

Akwa Ibom State is the cleanest state in Nigeria.

Mynd44, Lalasticlala front page

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). / The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / ₦38,000 Per Night Guest House With 77 Lions In South Africa(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.