Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,384 members, 7,822,794 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? (3632 Views)

Baraje: APC Brought In Militias From Mali, Niger Others To Win 2015 Polls / Obasanjo: Buhari Will Call Me 'Sir' Till I Die. I Made Him Win 2015 Election / 5 Reasons Why Goodluck Jonathan Was Defeated In 2015 Election By Postingday.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? by HardMirror(m): 4:42pm On Jun 01, 2022
Donshegxy10:

No, it has everything to do with TINUBU, you don't know that politics is more than just voting, all those things lai Mohammed was always speaking in the news men, social media packaging, the way buhari was packaged for Nigerians, who do you think spear headed it.

Tinubu is a strategist even the opposition always give him credit for his understanding of Nigerian politics.

Even myself I was scared to vote for buhari because of his dictatorship tendencies and his docile disposition in the 80s, if not for TINUBU many people in the south would not have voted for buhari.
same propaganda tinubu is still using to stay relevant. The man is hyped beyond what he is truly worth.
Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? by HardMirror(m): 4:43pm On Jun 01, 2022
Softmirror:

But did GEJ, on the platform of PDP win the South West when he contested in 2009?
2009?
Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? by SIRTee15: 4:44pm On Jun 01, 2022
Ojuntana:

Babachir Lawal. Where was he in 2015? He wasn't part of the campaign council from what I know. Anyway, I have not said Tinubu did not bring in Axelrod's company. What I said is there are no facts in the public domain to back that up and Babachir making that claim to prove Tinubu deserves second term ticket can hardly be taken as a trustworthy source.

As far as I know, he's only selling his candidate and if you really believe campaign ads is what swayed northern votes in NC to vote Buhari instead of Jonathan you might not really be knowledgeable about the events of 2015.

FYI. I was traversing Niger, Nasarawa and Abuja in 2015 and I know the locales then cared less about whether buhari was a reformist or nationalist. Within the space of two months, bombs went off in St Theresa Catholic Church in Suleja and FCE Kontangora. You think Niger state voters were worried about reforms or security?

Who could forget Nyanya park bombing and the UN office building? Topping it all was the Chibok girls' kidnap. Do you realize Michelle Obama raised up a Bring Back our Girls poster in the White House? These are the events that shaped the 2015 elections in Nigeria, not reforms and nationalism.

It was more about corruption and security, which was why change was well received among the populace.

I hope you know those "foreign independent source" are actually right-wing media looking to paint Axelrod as a corrupt official who benefits from interfering in elections of third world countries and causing instability in those countries. Check the two links out very well. I hope you know how to spot if a medium is left or right.

It is you that need to re-read that link and see how AKPD dissociated themselves from Buhari's campaign as much as possible. It is you Nigerians that usually thinks the Americans have nothing better to do than to sit around and influence elections in a third world disaster like Nigeria. FYI, the official Western position is non-interference in democratic processes of foreign nations. So if you think Axelrod is going to carry Buhari's campaign on his head and own it with his full chest while working for Obama, you may need to check naivety again. You even think the coups and counter-coups in Nigeria have been of the US's making. Really?

Do you know that Jonathan also hired an American company to consult for his campaign too? Well, he did. And the company was left leaning as well. You see, the difference is what I have told you and what Jonathan said himself. Obama was unhappy with Jonathan over anti-gay law. I hope you know Buhari had to tell Obama homosexuality was alien to our cultural nuances shortly after he took office and visited Obama. Check it out.

we are now going in circles. right wing- left wing bla blal bla
so tell me who brought in AKPD. kwankwanso? saraki? atikiu? people that were housed in Tinubu's house in Lagos.
Nigeria is a 3rd world disaster because it suits western objectives fine- big but useless.
coups and counter coup? Nigeria is still one today courtesy of foreign powers. The day they are done with Nigeria is the beginning of her disintegration. U will continue to be a Nigerian until they say otherwise.
bye. at least u are more exposed than the dumb owner of the thread.
Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? by Donshegxy10(m): 4:45pm On Jun 01, 2022
HardMirror:
it leaves buhari where he had always been. And it leaves tinubu only relevant in sw or should I say lagos because he is losing sw gradually

That is what I said, tinubu will have his osun, Edo, Lagos , and key people in different states.

He has nothing to lose, it is better to be a regional champion than being in a farm, as popular as buhari his, how many people does he influence into position in the north?

Your guess is as good as mine.

Head or tail, tinubu will always win, people hate him because he is a serial winner.

Why do you think even opposition come to him to seek for anointing, if not that he is contesting all this yeye politicians would have turn his house to small Mecca, true or false?
Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? by HardMirror(m): 4:50pm On Jun 01, 2022
Donshegxy10:

That is what I said, tinubu will have his osun, Edo, Lagos , and key people in different states.

He has nothing to lose, it is better to be a regional champion than being in a farm, as popular as buhari his, how many people does he influence into position in the north?

Head or tail, tinubu will always win, people hate him because he is a serial winner.

Why do you think even opposition come to him to seek for anointing, if not that he is contesting all this yeye politicians would have turn his house to small Mecca, true or false?
which edo? Only lagos is sure for tinubu. Infact if not for apc being at the presidency, tinubu would have lost all except lagos long time ago
Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? by HardMirror(m): 4:51pm On Jun 01, 2022
Donshegxy10:

politicians visit even kings that have no political relevance
Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? by Niwdog(m): 4:52pm On Jun 01, 2022
Alary:

He is not the one abi ? Then why you people then heap all the blames and inadequacy of APC on him and him alone.
and who are the people?
Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? by Softmirror: 4:53pm On Jun 01, 2022
HardMirror:
2009?

Oh am so sorry, I meant 2011. Thank you for the correction. Well below is the statistics with regards to the Southwest in 2011 elections. It was the same Buhari vs the same Gej. So what happened in 2015 that produces a totally different results for the same candidates with reference to South West. The SouthEast have never voted in favour of Buhari till date. Hardmirror, compare the statistics, what could be responsible for the difference. Am sure that as you have rightly claimed, Buhari in an old grown name in that SouthWest before 2015. Will you like to analyse the votes Buhari have been getting from Southwest since he started contesting for President?

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? by HardMirror(m): 5:00pm On Jun 01, 2022
Softmirror:

Oh am so sorry, I meant 2011. Thank you for the correction. Well below is the statistics with regards to the Southwest in 2011 elections. It was the same Buhari vs the same Gej. So what happened in 2015 that produces a totally different results for the same candidates with reference to South West. The SouthEast have never voted in favour of Buhari till date.
subtract the numbers from 2015 election, it is still not significant as you are assuming. Barely 2million votes. With all the issues pdp was having then, Buhari's result would have been even better. Pdp would still win southwest but would it have been more than 1million votes?
Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? by PeaceNexus(m): 5:02pm On Jun 01, 2022
The way you are pained about Igbo matter, I won't be surprised if you are diagnosed of heart failure grin
Bragalane:
A question befitting of your dead brain Igbo father. You should cycle back when he affirms the stupidity he inherited from his wretch of a father before passing it done to you miserable soul.

Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? by Donshegxy10(m): 5:04pm On Jun 01, 2022
HardMirror:
politicians visit even kings that have no political relevance

But we both know that TINUBU hold the Ace in the south west.

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? by JAMO84: 5:07pm On Jun 01, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Only fools subscribed to that baseless propaganda that Tinubu won 2015 election for Buhari. If there's anyone that played vital role for Buhari in 2015 presidential election , it was Rabi'u Musa Kwankwaso of Kano state and not Tinubu. Kano vote alone buried every other votes gotten by GEJ. Even Lagos state that Tinubu owned as his property, he could not influence it much during the election.

One of the overrated politician I have seen in my life is Tinubu.

You are a political novice

Buhari never lost Kano in his political career

Tinubu did not help Buhari, according to Mpurumirin addicts, but Buhari himself knows who helped him.
Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? by Softmirror: 5:08pm On Jun 01, 2022
HardMirror:
subtract the numbers from 2015 election, it is still not significant as you are assuming. Barely 2million votes. With all the issues pdp was having then, Buhari's result would have been even better. Pdp would still win southwest but would it have been more than 1million votes?

Hardmirror I know you as a gambler hence you understand that it doesn't matter if Liverpool had more shots on target than Realmadrid what counts is the score line.

My dear brother, what you consider as a mere 1 million votes would have been a disservice to Buhari assuming the counted against him but in favour of Gej even with that 'marginal difference'. Do you agree?

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? by Gozac: 5:11pm On Jun 01, 2022
PaChukwudi44:
Tinubu percentage in Buhari's victory was not more than 25% but the SW media made it look like he singlehandedly made Buhari president
We stay in Lagos and know all these Yoruba media propaganda and over hyping of Tinubu. Non indigenes in Lagos nearly messed him up on the two occasions. That's why Tinubu unleashed his agberos to destroy votes in areas dominated by SE in Lagos PMB was not made president by a Tinubu. Kwankwaso brought much votes than Tinubu. North made PMB including the G7 governors that left PDP then
Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? by Gozac: 5:17pm On Jun 01, 2022
PaChukwudi44:
How he came to be called National leader of the APC by the SW media even when the party had a sitting president.

If anyone was to be called National leader of APC based on his contributions to Buhari's victory in 2015, That person would have been Kwankwaso not him
It's the SW APC that came him the name because of their nature of hailing and hero worship. The authentic national leader of APC is PMB
Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? by Softmirror: 5:18pm On Jun 01, 2022
PaChukwudi44:
Tinubu percentage in Buhari's victory was not more than 25% but the SW media made it look like he singlehandedly made Buhari president

That 25% was what has been missing the last three times he has been contesting as a loser. I hope you know that. All the massive vote he usually gets by default just couldn't win him elections, he needed that 'marginal difference' from the South West.

2 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? by Donshegxy10(m): 5:26pm On Jun 01, 2022
HardMirror:
which edo? Only lagos is sure for tinubu. Infact if not for apc being at the presidency, tinubu would have lost all except lagos long time ago

It's a lie, tinubu is firmly in charge of Edo with oshiomhole as governor, osun state was in his grip, if not for APC he would have won either of ogun, ekiti and ondo, remember that all those leaders always come to his bourdillion home despite an opposition man.
Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? by HardMirror(m): 5:26pm On Jun 01, 2022
Softmirror:

Hardmirror I know you as a gambler hence you understand that it doesn't matter if Liverpool had more shots on target than Realmadrid what counts is the score line.

My dear brother, what you consider as a mere 1 million votes would have been a disservice to Buhari assuming the counted against him but in favour of Gej even with that 'marginal difference'. Do you agree?
2011, pdp had 22 million votes, acn had 2 million votes and cpc had 12million votes. Add tinubus 2million to that of Buhari, that is 14 million votes for Buhari and still 22million for gen. I am using these figures since you want us to build from the fact that tinubu controlled sw votes. We have added the whole acn votes of tinubu to that of buhari and yet he does not still win. That shows you that the problem for Buhari was not buhari himself but pdp he was contesting against. The breakup of pdp won Buhari the election and not tinubu
Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? by Donshegxy10(m): 5:27pm On Jun 01, 2022
HardMirror:
same propaganda tinubu is still using to stay relevant. The man is hyped beyond what he is truly worth.

Lol......
It is called strategy and he is not hyped, his workings his giving him results.

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? by Gozac: 5:33pm On Jun 01, 2022
Misterone:
only fools make comments like you just did. Tinubu spent his time campaigning across Nigeria, paid a US consultant to whitewash buhari from being dictator to a democrat, donate his hard earned money, private jet, media conglomerate and connections to buhari. You guys should know that in 2015 buhari was sick and had no money, not even money to buy nomination form. It was Tinubu that was crisscrossing the length and breadth of Nigeria to campaign for him. Now you can type rubbish with your phone.
Amaechi, Mamora, Fayemi, Fashola went round more than your Tinubu
Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? by Softmirror: 5:34pm On Jun 01, 2022
Donshegxy10:

I honestly think your hatred is not allowing you to see the politics of 2015 clearly, if ACN had won south west in 2015 and buhari got his usual votes in South west, it would have been game over for him as usual because Jonathan would have cruised to victory.

Which is what has always been happening. Bearing in mind that, only Buhari has been so privileged to contest again and again and again. Other winners contested just once and won him. Despite all the massive votes he gets from the North. The game changer was the support he got from the South West no matter how little. This is a vivid fact.

2 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? by Softmirror: 5:35pm On Jun 01, 2022
HardMirror:
2011, pdp had 22 million votes, acn had 2 million votes and cpc had 12million votes. Add tinubus 2million to that of Buhari, that is 14 million votes for Buhari and still 22million for gen. I am using these figures since you want us to build from the fact that tinubu controlled sw votes. We have added the whole acn votes of tinubu to that of buhari and yet he does not still win. That shows you that the problem for Buhari was not buhari himself but pdp he was contesting against. The breakup of pdp won Buhari the election and not tinubu

Do the same with 2015 when Tinubu became an ally of Buhari let us see.

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? by Ojuntana: 5:38pm On Jun 01, 2022
SIRTee15:

we are now going in circles. right wing- left wing bla blal bla
so tell me who brought in AKPD. kwankwanso? saraki? atikiu? people that were housed in Tinubu's house in Lagos.
Nigeria is a 3rd world disaster because it suits western objectives fine- big but useless.
coups and counter coup? Nigeria is still one today courtesy of foreign powers. The day they are done with Nigeria is the beginning of her disintegration. U will continue to be a Nigerian until they say otherwise.
bye. at least u are more exposed than the dumb owner of the thread.
Well, if you want us to go with Babachir's narrative. It's not a big deal. Yes. Tinubu brought AKPD to consult for APC's campaign but was that what swayed the election? I'm sure the answer is NO!!
Nigeria is a 3rd world disaster because of her visionless leaders not because of Westerners. If the West need a country to be a disaster, I think Nigeria is not 1-10 of that list. They have Russia, China, Iran, Saudi, Cuba, North Korea etc to worry about for regional security and strategic interest than a Nigeria that has outlived its relevance in the international community which used to be due to oil.
Nigeria is one today because of the power at the centre. It is centrifugal and draws everyone towards it while leaving the states poor and weak at its mercy. The states also do same to the LGs. Foreign powers already predicted Nigeria's disintegration in 2015 and I don't see any move they made to avert that. So still being a Nigerian is due to the Abuja political elites who benefit the most from the system and will do everything to see it sustained. Not some foreign powers.
I don't think the owner of the thread is dumb though. He made some very valid points and the numbers he brought don't lie

2 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? by HardMirror(m): 5:39pm On Jun 01, 2022
Softmirror:

Do the same with 2015 when Tinubu became an ally of Buhari let us see.
do it yourself and show us.
Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? by 989900: 5:52pm On Jun 01, 2022
Peter Obi . . . We move . . .
Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? by Ojuntana: 5:52pm On Jun 01, 2022
Softmirror:

Oh am so sorry, I meant 2011. Thank you for the correction. Well below is the statistics with regards to the Southwest in 2011 elections. It was the same Buhari vs the same Gej. So what happened in 2015 that produces a totally different results for the same candidates with reference to South West. The SouthEast have never voted in favour of Buhari till date. Hardmirror, compare the statistics, what could be responsible for the difference. Am sure that as you have rightly claimed, Buhari in an old grown name in that SouthWest before 2015. Will you like to analyse the votes Buhari have been getting from Southwest since he started contesting for President?

This your charts prove what I've been saying. Look at the NC states including Abuja. See how they flipped from 2011 to 2015. You'll see that's where GEJ lost the presidency not SW
Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? by Softmirror: 5:52pm On Jun 01, 2022
HardMirror:
do it yourself and show us.

I have already. Infact with two complete charts. 2011 and 2015 being that Gej is a common factor in our discussion. This is what know one can take away from Tinubu, a MASTER STRATEGIST accept it or not. Is it not evident that he has successfully expanded his political structure with a very firm base to the Northern of Nigeria over the past seven years due to the 'propaganda' that he was responsible for Buhari's victory. He has the likes of Ganduje, Shettima, Almakura,.........his forms was infact endorsed by 10 Northern governors. My dear brother, his 'propaganda' is working for him. Hardmirror, the way Tinubu is so held on very high esteem in the North is not as so in the South. Once Tinubu becomes the Flag bearer of APC, the probability of him winning the general is above 90%. Because that is when he will put fully his propaganda machineries to full effect.

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? by OFFICIAL336: 5:54pm On Jun 01, 2022
Aidejay:

Who ever Yorubas give their votes to, becomes president grin wow!
Yorubas voted Falae in 1999

Yorubas voted for Atiku in 2007

Yorubas voted Ribadu in 2011
Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? by chrisooblog: 6:35pm On Jun 01, 2022
The bold doesn't reflect how things were on ground at the time. Tinubu you forget was instrumental to PMB emerging winner in the 2015 APC primaries. Atiku and Rabiu were ready to 'dollarise' the primaries if not for Tinubu and Amaechi that countered them. Tinubu's structure also came in handy during the election you can't dismiss that. BAT is not my cup of coffee but I can't deny he's a very smart and formidable politician.

HardMirror:
buhari would most likely have won without tinubu. He did not need to win the SW. You underestimate the influence Buhari had in southwest. There was empathy for him already because of Idiagbon. I remember how the elderly people spoke very well about Buhari as a good leader that does not tolerate nonsense. My parents and many elderly people sang his praises already not because of tinubu. If tinubu had presented another candidate, ACN would have come third again. The SW votes would go into 3 places, buhari did not need to win sw. Tinubu's party would have cut out of GEJs votes in southwest naturally. There was no way for Gej to win SW anyway.
Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? by LesbianBoy(m): 6:54pm On Jun 01, 2022
SarkinYarki:
It's was just propaganda, the truth is that the PDP power bloc that decamped to APC did the magic

I wonder where that 'magic' was in 2019? Let me tell you, hatred for igbos did the magic! There was were narratives at that time that Jonathan was an "igbo man" and favored igbos. That made the north (who is the biggest hater of the igbos) vote buhari who is their brother.

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? by Tallesty1(m): 7:01pm On Jun 01, 2022
Softmirror:

[/b]

I intentionally had to create a new moniker so that my questions may be answered without it having a negative effect on our long term relationship on NL.

Am curious to know why Buhari contested 3 times and losing despite the massive votes he gets from the North. What did the North do differently that made him win the fourth time?
While you guys are busy disagreeing on who did what to help Buhari become president, please you guys should not forget how angry Nigerians were at Jonathan and Mama peace during that time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Charly Boy Shares Misleading Photo Of Tinubu Watching Peter Obi On TV / Did We Overestimate Atiku? / The Nigeria Of My Dream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.