Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,053 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

Please Help! Should I Attend The Wedding Or Not? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please Help! Should I Attend The Wedding Or Not? (30567 Views)

Pictures From The Wedding Event Of Nigeria Man That Married 3 Wives (see Photo) / “Once You Date Me, It’s Either Our Wedding Or Your Funeral” - Lady Says / Is It Too Late To Call Off The Wedding? (Screenshots) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help! Should I Attend The Wedding Or Not? by shantti(m): 11:27am On Jun 02, 2022
Kollins11:
Even if I had nothing doing on that day, I would rather cook half bag of beans, one by one with candle flames.

Omoh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Please Help! Should I Attend The Wedding Or Not? by emmamajesty: 11:27am On Jun 02, 2022
To me I will go because of the wife not him and I will respect myself so much that I will not eat, drink, dance or even perform any activities there,don't even talk to him and make sure u leave the venue very early then present ur gift to the wife not him if u want to go

1 Like

Re: Please Help! Should I Attend The Wedding Or Not? by Raph82(m): 11:27am On Jun 02, 2022
There's always no smoke without fire,
Re: Please Help! Should I Attend The Wedding Or Not? by pafo(m): 11:27am On Jun 02, 2022
The same medium the wife used to invite you is the smae medium you should use in respectfully declining her invitation.

If she asks for a reason, tell her her it doesn't seem her husband would want you there. That is of course of you and your cousin didn't commit "that sin" o.

If he doesn't respect you enough to trash things out with you and give you an invite, then respect yourself too and sit this one out.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help! Should I Attend The Wedding Or Not? by Ezekingsley10: 11:27am On Jun 02, 2022
I don’t think is necessary for you to attend the said wedding and another advice i would want to give u is this,if at all u guys still talk on phone u can call him telling him it’s been a while that u just called to know how he’s doing,if actually he wants u to attend the wedding he will tell u about it but if he didn’t tell u anything about the wedding on phone my dear don’t go..PETER OBI FOR PRESIDENT�
Re: Please Help! Should I Attend The Wedding Or Not? by Yankiss(m): 11:28am On Jun 02, 2022
Cladez:
This is beyond ignoring, you should find out the reason for his recent actions towards you judging by how close you were in the past.

There might be something he heard which you don’t know about.
Something he heard that her mum's death didnt sway him? Abeg shift make I faint. I wont go. I wont bother to ask anything. I wont call anybody to say HML. QED

6 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Please Help! Should I Attend The Wedding Or Not? by fabianiyobosa(m): 11:29am On Jun 02, 2022
We travelled with one of my cousin to the North for his wedding, the only person that did not attend from my family is my father. My mum, sisters brother and me went on that trip only for one of us to make a mistake and my cousin with his family mentioned that we were all pretenders and that we pretend to be working when people are looking.

I will never forget that day.

DO NOT GO!

2 Likes

Re: Please Help! Should I Attend The Wedding Or Not? by Nadict: 11:29am On Jun 02, 2022
IamDora:
Dear Nairalanders, Good evening to you all. I'm in a state of delima right now and I'm so confused on what to do that's why I decided to bring the issue here.

I have a Cousin, he's wealthy and we used to be very close to each other, we do alot of things and talking together. Even when we do meet at Villa during festive periods, we are always together 24/7 that people do think I'm the one eating his money. (If cousins were to marry each other, we would've married ourselves)

So fast forward to 2020, things began to take a new turn, he began to change towards me completely, he hardly picks my calls, neither does he reach out to me thereafter to know why I called (Mind you, I'm not a leech to him, as my family were very comfortable too) When I lost my mom (May her soul rest in peace) this my said cousin never called me to sympathize with me, and I didn't hold it against him either. He started giving me space, I tried everything possible to know why the sudden space from him, but to no avail. So I kept my cool and distanced myself from him.

So fast forward to this 2022, his fiancee (Whom I knew her from him) called me on the 20th of last month to tell me that their wedding is on the 18th of this month and she would so much like me to be in attendance! My cousin never bothered informing me about it even till now!

Now my question is,' Should I honour the said invitation by his Fiancee and attend their wedding or I should stay back and call her to wish her Happy Married Life after their Wedding? embarassed

Please help me push this to front page so I'll get a wider audience to share their opinions.

Thank you.

Fine you no fine but na you dey put rude and disrespectful warning for your profile, maybe na why the guy dump you after chopping your slacked p*ssy. Abeg getat

Next undecided
Re: Please Help! Should I Attend The Wedding Or Not? by seangy4konji: 11:30am On Jun 02, 2022
You dont need to go...

Know when to give people the distance they want....

It wont add a dime to your pocket...my own couin has been doing same now and after i tried to ask him what the problem was.i kukuma leave him and he is the one calling people around me how i have been doing

Why ask about me?

free them and the party.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help! Should I Attend The Wedding Or Not? by bmdmix15: 11:30am On Jun 02, 2022
maybe he was having sexual fantasy towards u, thats y he stopped

1 Like

Re: Please Help! Should I Attend The Wedding Or Not? by shantti(m): 11:30am On Jun 02, 2022
If I were you, even if I have nothing to do that day, I would rather enter my garden, bury half of my body on the ground and pretend to be a carrot

2 Likes

Re: Please Help! Should I Attend The Wedding Or Not? by rinzylee(m): 11:32am On Jun 02, 2022
Favfables1:
Hmmm....
Omorr...
This one strong o...
OP...
I've put myself in your shoes and I will send him a voice note on WhatsApp, and the voice note will look something like this....

"You and I used to be very close way back, but it hasn't been that way for a very long time, and I kinda miss that. I don't know the reason for the distance, maybe you need space or you're mad at me about something or you're dealing with something, but whatever the case maybe, I'll be here if you wanna talk about it....

Emmmmmm....
Lemme say a big congratulations. Your wife to be told me that you guys would be getting married soon, I'm happy for you guys, really I'm happy that my gee is getting married, though I'm a bit hurt that I got to hear it from her first instead of you, either ways she invited me to the wedding and honestly, I'm skeptical about coming. Not because I can't make out time or because I don't want to honor the invitation, it's just that, the distance between us and you ignoring me gives me the impression, that you don't want me there...

I'll be expecting your response to this voice note, congratulations once again"

His response to this will decide whether or not I'll go for the wedding....

Wow!!!!!! Are you male or female? Are you married? Whatever state, God will bless you. Wow....such wisdom. You are a blessing!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help! Should I Attend The Wedding Or Not? by alizma: 11:32am On Jun 02, 2022
IamDora:
Dear Nairalanders, Good evening to you all. I'm in a state of delima right now and I'm so confused on what to do that's why I decided to bring the issue here.

I have a Cousin, he's wealthy and we used to be very close to each other, we do alot of things and talking together. Even when we do meet at Villa during festive periods, we are always together 24/7 that people do think I'm the one eating his money. (If cousins were to marry each other, we would've married ourselves)

So fast forward to 2020, things began to take a new turn, he began to change towards me completely, he hardly picks my calls, neither does he reach out to me thereafter to know why I called (Mind you, I'm not a leech to him, as my family were very comfortable too) When I lost my mom (May her soul rest in peace) this my said cousin never called me to sympathize with me, and I didn't hold it against him either. He started giving me space, I tried everything possible to know why the sudden space from him, but to no avail. So I kept my cool and distanced myself from him.

So fast forward to this 2022, his fiancee (Whom I knew her from him) called me on the 20th of last month to tell me that their wedding is on the 18th of this month and she would so much like me to be in attendance! My cousin never bothered informing me about it even till now!

Now my question is,' Should I honour the said invitation by his Fiancee and attend their wedding or I should stay back and call her to wish her Happy Married Life after their Wedding? embarassed

Please help me push this to front page so I'll get a wider audience to share their opinions.

Thank you.
You are dully invited, if you don't have anything against the girl, I will advise you attend the wedding. On your cousin's case, you mentioned that you tried to know what went wrong but unfortunately you didn't state if this effort of yours was face to face or you were just making the effort side ways. If it was face to face questioning and he didn't say what the issue is, let it go, just focus on your life but if it was side effort, I want you to know that there is possibility that he didn't noticed it. That being said, you may try face to face effort probably after his wedding. Safe trip
Re: Please Help! Should I Attend The Wedding Or Not? by Nobody: 11:32am On Jun 02, 2022
IamDora:

Thank you.
PLS go for the wedding and act normal. after then do return to status quo.
Re: Please Help! Should I Attend The Wedding Or Not? by Ezekingsley10: 11:33am On Jun 02, 2022
IamDora:

I have a Cousin, he's wealthy and we used to be very close to each other, we do alot of things and talking together. Even when we do meet at Villa during festive periods, we are always together 24/7 that people do think I'm the one eating his money. (If cousins were to marry each other, we would've married ourselves

Thank you.

I don’t think is necessary for you to attend the said wedding and another advice i would want to give u is this,if at all u guys still talk on phone u can call him telling him it’s been a while that u just called to know how he’s doing,if actually he wants u to attend the wedding he will tell u about it but if he didn’t tell u anything about the wedding on phone my dear don’t go..PETER OBI FOR PRESIDENT�
Re: Please Help! Should I Attend The Wedding Or Not? by rajiedreez: 11:34am On Jun 02, 2022
Call the fiance that she should tell him to call you if he needs your attendance at his wedding. Tell her not to be offended o that you felt your cousin should be the best person to have invited you, that since he didn't call you to tell you about the wedding that maybe he doesn't want you at his wedding and you won't want to be embarrassed at the wedding.

1 Like

Re: Please Help! Should I Attend The Wedding Or Not? by dru23(m): 11:35am On Jun 02, 2022
IamDora:

Thank you.

Kindly and kindly respect urself and don't go.... Keep a respectful distance.. If at all u wan do anything mail them their wedding gift and card..

Keep it simple and wish them happy married LIFE

1 Like

Re: Please Help! Should I Attend The Wedding Or Not? by NaijaCars4sale: 11:35am On Jun 02, 2022
I might just recommend that you forgive and let go
Re: Please Help! Should I Attend The Wedding Or Not? by jcflex(m): 11:37am On Jun 02, 2022
Na that same babe wey cause distance btw you and ur cousin, she still invite you to come her wedding, she believes you and ur cousin are fucking secretly, you are competing with her for her man(ur cousin) attention, na why she create distance btw u and ur cousin, she only invite you just to mock you.
Stay your house.

IamDora:

Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help! Should I Attend The Wedding Or Not? by AntiWailer: 11:38am On Jun 02, 2022
stay away from them until he reaches out to you to explain or apologize.
Re: Please Help! Should I Attend The Wedding Or Not? by AfolabiDaniel(m): 11:38am On Jun 02, 2022
Supported
Spy360:
Attend only the church service. For record purposes. Do not spend more than 1hr there .
Re: Please Help! Should I Attend The Wedding Or Not? by AreaFada2: 11:40am On Jun 02, 2022
IamDora:

[b]When I lost my mom (May her soul rest in peace) this my said cousin never called me to sympathize with me, and I didn't hold it against him either. [/b]He started giving me space, I tried everything possible to know why the sudden space from him, but to no avail. So I kept my cool and distanced myself from him.
So fast forward to this 2022, his fiancee (Whom I knew her from him) called me on the 20th of last month to tell me that their wedding is on the 18th of this month and she would so much like me to be in attendance!

Thank you.
The bolded alone is the major reason for you not to go. If he didn't call never mind pay his last respects to your mum, why grace his wedding?
The fiancée probably tried convincing him to invite you but refused. Not to be seen as the cause of separation between two cousins, she invited you. If the fiancée has been really good and friendly to you (at least on the surface), send her a wedding gift.

DON'T GO!

3 Likes

Re: Please Help! Should I Attend The Wedding Or Not? by crackhouse(m): 11:41am On Jun 02, 2022
He didn't invite you means he don't give a fuvk about you and whatever you represent.... So stay clear babe. The guy don't want your company anymore... u sure his wife no get hand for una matter?.. who knows whether she tell am anything about you wey make him bullshit your way..
However I am very sure he's aware that his wife invited you because she will definitely tell him about it.. people can be chameleon anyway..

7 Likes

Re: Please Help! Should I Attend The Wedding Or Not? by Nobody: 11:45am On Jun 02, 2022
Not if he didn't ask you himself, as he should have.
Re: Please Help! Should I Attend The Wedding Or Not? by JohnnA1: 11:45am On Jun 02, 2022
Spy360:
Attend only the church service. For record purposes. Do not spend more than 1hr there .
@OP: Follow this counsel. This is wisdom.
Re: Please Help! Should I Attend The Wedding Or Not? by NOwazobia: 11:46am On Jun 02, 2022
My Motto: One good turn deserves another, so also one bad turn.

That is my contribution.
Re: Please Help! Should I Attend The Wedding Or Not? by Otitijerome(m): 11:47am On Jun 02, 2022
I advice you call your cousin, I know he will pick, if he did not send him a text. Find out why the distance. He might hear something you talk about him which he did not expect from you. No fire without smoke. I believe if you hear his side of the story it will marvel you. We are different people in this world, people respond to issues differently. May be his fiancee does not know that you are not in good term with her guy again that was why she invite you. After you settle the issues you go the wedding, if you decide not to call him still honour the information. You don't pay evil with evil. If you go. But when you go respect your self and behave. Best wishes

IamDora:

Thank you.
Re: Please Help! Should I Attend The Wedding Or Not? by litaninja(m): 11:48am On Jun 02, 2022
Beta siddon for your house.

IamDora:

Thank you.
Re: Please Help! Should I Attend The Wedding Or Not? by sameks08(m): 11:50am On Jun 02, 2022
If the invitation is not from your cousin then respect yourself and sit at home
Re: Please Help! Should I Attend The Wedding Or Not? by Sleekjunior(m): 11:52am On Jun 02, 2022
The guy dey dodge u based on say he has fallen for u forget say he be ur cousin and his woman isnt comfortable with it..forget the invite na camouflage so just stick to sending happy thots and success to them that day.
Re: Please Help! Should I Attend The Wedding Or Not? by whitebeard(m): 11:54am On Jun 02, 2022
seems the guy was having feelings for you, and then he wanted to distance himself from you so it wont turn to something else

OR

family members must have said somethings to him about you or your family.

if it the former you can go, he is kuku getting married, but if it the later mama honestly cut the link between you guys.
Re: Please Help! Should I Attend The Wedding Or Not? by BRATISLAVA: 11:54am On Jun 02, 2022
IamDora:

Thank you.

Will it make any difference to your life?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tell Us Your Regrets Of 2017 / 12 Signs It Is Time To Walk Out Of That Relationship / Meet The Ceo Jaaruma Empire, Hauwa Saidu Mohammad, Aka The Original Igbo Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.