Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,231 members, 7,829,407 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? - Food (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? (66308 Views)

Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? / My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) / Sapa Concoction Rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Chidexsco8448(m): 4:34pm On Jun 05, 2022
Mariangeles:

Mbano.
My sister Anwula oh smiley

I can remember those old good days as d preparation no dey waste time...chai cheesy
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Mariangeles(f): 4:37pm On Jun 05, 2022
Chidexsco8448:

My sister Anwula oh smiley

I can remember those old good days as d preparation no dey waste time...chai cheesy

"I gahu a nwuchu" m'owuru nne'm. smiley

It's great how my language is connecting me
with my people here.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Mariangeles(f): 4:40pm On Jun 05, 2022
Michelle55:
You people have succeeded in turning this innocent thread to a vawulence zone sad
E no good oh, so na concoction rice cause all these high tension vawulence that ayam seeing so? angry

Channah1, what are you cooking for us next?
Your threads are usually epic! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Wwwq: 5:31pm On Jun 05, 2022
grin
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Kooldame: 5:56pm On Jun 05, 2022
This is not how to prepare primary sch palm oil jollof,it's never as rich as this
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Channah1(f): 6:56pm On Jun 05, 2022
Mariangeles:

Channah1, what are you cooking for us next?
Your threads are usually epic! cheesy

Lol...@"epic".

I wanna keep it a secret dear. let it be a surprise for that day.

May God keep us till then.

2 Likes

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Ernesthugo(m): 9:29am On Jun 12, 2022
na scam run o all na setup na internet picture i use God name beg you o
MisterKennedy:

Channah love, I can see you have passion for cooking.

This is the second time you're showing us your cooking skills.

I think you should be a chef cos you derive so much joy in it.

And I'll for sure love to taste your yummy meals.
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Channah1(f): 10:15am On Jun 12, 2022
Ernesthugo:

I've warned you to stop showing your fat face around my posts.

You're only being jealous by discouraging the sweet young man.

Akpu belle like you.
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Ernesthugo(m): 10:16am On Jun 12, 2022
LEAVE THE AKPU BELLE

SHOW US YOUR YAM OR CASSAVA LEGS LET US CHECK FOR SOMETHING OR YOUR DRY BITTER HANDS BESIDES I NEVER MENTIONED YOU? TA GETAT shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Channah1:

I've warned you to stop showing your fat face around my posts.

You're only being jealous by discouraging the sweet young man.

Akpu belle like you.
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by MisterKennedy(m): 11:27am On Jun 12, 2022
Ernesthugo:

Wow!!! Ok bro... But ummmm, you seem to be speaking on behalf of Channah. Are you Channah?

1 Like

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Ernesthugo(m): 12:05pm On Jun 12, 2022
I'M A SAINT SAVING YOU FROM YOUR DOOM?
MisterKennedy:

Wow!!! Ok bro... But ummmm, you seem to be speaking on behalf of Channah. Are you Channah?
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Channah1(f): 1:42pm On Jun 12, 2022
Ignore him.
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by placeofallure(f): 2:21am On Oct 01, 2022
Channah1:

Nah ... tumeric flavor will rid it of that local taste I craved for.

I love concoction rice. It's some people's favourite not necessarily due to poverty.
Infact, it's a delicacy in the part of Nigeria where I come from.

Ingredients
Rice, scotch bonnet and tomato, onion, smoked fish, seasoning, iru, palmoil and salt to taste.

*Rice on fire first up till half done, with minimal water, I don't like mushy rice.
*Then add sliced pepper and onion (I like to divide the sliced onion into two)
*Add the fish early if it's hard textured if not, wait till later so it doesn't disappear in the rice.
* Add salt, then seasoning.
* Add palm oil, when it's few minutes to get done, add Iru and the remaining onions. I like to taste my iru and onions a bit hard. I love visible onions!
*Allow the water to really dry. Most times I let it get burnt a little . That's additional flavour if you ask me.
* Turn it with ease, you don't want to tamper with the fish.
* Food is ready, dish your food. The aroma alone is a meal cheesy grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Fraudsters Manufacture Fake Coca-Cola Products: Be Warned / Party Food Packed With N500 Notes Added To Them (Photo) / Dipping Bread In Tea: How Many Of You Still Do This? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.