Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,476 members, 7,830,393 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? - Food (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? (66320 Views)

Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? / My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) / Sapa Concoction Rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Kobojunkie: 10:53pm On Jun 04, 2022
Channah1:
grin grin grin.

Shame all you want. Provided I don eat belleful, I ain't bothered about your negative comments.
I give God the glory for providing for me.
Thank you Jesus.
This na wetin I dey call functional. I am reminded of my secondary school days when my mum would make this quicky rice for school lunch. Really good stuff! undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Goldbw122(m): 11:26pm On Jun 04, 2022
This is new to me, i swear i be ajebutter
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Niswayne19: 11:51pm On Jun 04, 2022
Yeah I remember. When I didn’t have much I just make do with what I could afford. We thank God
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by ComeToJesus: 1:02am On Jun 05, 2022
Don't get angry easily over people's comments. It's a given. People must yarn okpata.

Nice combo. I'm salivating already. But try to avoid the colouring.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by blazepascal(m): 3:37am On Jun 05, 2022
This is not concoction rice ..you don't use tomotsto for concotion rice
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by TechBIogger: 4:36am On Jun 05, 2022
Shugargal:

As a man? That's interesting. Most of these men eh, if they never eat swallow ba, in fact You have given them no food oo
dear you're referring to me.
I can't survive without eba

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Channah1(f): 4:48am On Jun 05, 2022
TechBIogger:

I'm watching you on this Forum. Be like say you wan follow collect from my hands.

Baby, ignore him. He's just a sissy and you're the real man here. So , let him keep being the sissy that he is.

Hope you slept well dear.

Tkia.
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by TechBIogger: 4:50am On Jun 05, 2022
Channah1:

Baby, ignore him. He's just a sissy and you're the real man here. So , let him keep being the sissy that he is.

Hope you slept well dear.

Tkia.
she's a girl oh. I just don't understand why females also trolling and envy their own fellow gender.
The thing just tire me
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Channah1(f): 4:52am On Jun 05, 2022
Kobojunkie:
This na wetin I dey call functional. I am reminded of my secondary school days when my mum would make this quicky rice for school lunch. Really good stuff! undecided

You Sabi am. Sometimes too we dey hammer am for lunch. That kind time wey be say momsy no dey house and no time to check time. Lol...

1 Like

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Channah1(f): 4:54am On Jun 05, 2022
TechBIogger:
she's a girl oh. I just don't understand why females also trolling and envy their own fellow gender.
The thing just tire me

Oh . Really?

Ignore her then.
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Kobojunkie: 5:21am On Jun 05, 2022
Channah1:
You Sabi am. Sometimes too we dey hammer am for lunch. That kind time wey be say momsy no dey house and no time to check time. Lol...
I remember well!

I hadnt learned well how to make a decent steam of my own. With no parent at home in the afternoons, and no food except rice, fish, onions, pepper and Palmoil... sometimes one or two tomatoes, and crayfish. The end result dey sweet ! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Channah1(f): 5:43am On Jun 05, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I remember well!

I hadnt learned well how to make a decent steam of my own. With no parent at home in the afternoons, and no food except rice, fish, onions, pepper and Palmoil... sometimes one or two tomatoes, and crayfish. The end result dey sweet ! grin

Lol ..... cheesy grin
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by phemmyfour: 6:54am On Jun 05, 2022
Channah1:
grin grin grin.

Shame all you want. Provided I don eat belleful, I ain't bothered about your negative comments.
I give God the glory for providing for me.
Thank you Jesus.
soggy rice....I detest it
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Prettygirl200(f): 8:08am On Jun 05, 2022
I love rice oooo it's my favorite, any kind of rice as long as it is rice and it's tasty am good to go. I might not eat Eba for days but not rice ooo and am not a fan of beans but I do eat it shaaaa.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Sterope(f): 8:14am On Jun 05, 2022
The first time I used tumeric powder in food, I binned the food.

With herbs and spices, if it is not fresh it can't be better.

Mariangeles:

You can use tumeric for your yellow rice (turmeric rice), Nigerian fried rice, fresh tomato jellof rice (not party jollof).

For your rice, use dried powdered one (the aroma smells better) and use it sparingly too because a little goes a long way.
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Channah1(f): 8:46am On Jun 05, 2022
phemmyfour:
soggy rice....I detest it

You don't know the meaning of soggy. Please my rice is not soggy. it's mushy - soft and pulpy
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by shaneroberts26: 8:48am On Jun 05, 2022
Mariangeles:

I ma nri e shi ofuma? Kwuo eshiokwu. cheesy
Maria,are you from Orlu?
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Channah1(f): 8:49am On Jun 05, 2022
Prettygirl200:
I love rice oooo it's my favorite, any kind of rice as long as it is rice and it's tasty am good to go. I might not eat Eba for days but not rice ooo and am not a fan of beans but I do eat it shaaaa.

Una many. cheesy.
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Prettygirl200(f): 8:50am On Jun 05, 2022
Channah1:

Una many. cheesy.
Yes oooooo we many

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Mariangeles(f): 8:54am On Jun 05, 2022
Sterope:
The first time I used tumeric powder in food, I binned the food.

With herbs and spices, if it is not fresh it can't be better.

What food did you use it in? cheesy
You probably went with the hype and used too much.

When it comes to tumeric, a little goes a long way because it's got this herby smell that is not too pleasant, and its colour can be strong.
A hint of it can give a beautiful colour to your foods without imposing its flavour. Including eggs.

Dry herbs and spices usually have different aroma compared to when they're fresh.
I like them dry.
I don't like the smell of fresh turmeric.

Are you picky when it comes to food? You seem so. cheesy
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Mariangeles(f): 8:55am On Jun 05, 2022
shaneroberts26:
Maria,are you from Orlu?

Mbano.
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Spaxon(f): 9:31am On Jun 05, 2022
nighter:
@Op, you don't know how to cook. How can you put palm oil inside almost cooked rice? You're meant to put the palm oil first in the pot and fry before adding your well washed rice. And yes, it may hurt you but this food of yours should be at a t-junction for the gods to feast on. Ewww.

Well I may disagree.

Most southern (Niger delta) tribes don't fry their Oil.
In rice or Egusi.

We just add it to the Food.
It produces the same result tho I think the taste may vary.

1 Like

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by MisterKennedy(m): 9:43am On Jun 05, 2022
Aliou007:
Mister Kennedy grin
My man
Happy new week to you
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Sterope(f): 10:06am On Jun 05, 2022
I have been using fresh tumeric in food before it became popular. I used it quite a lot in sauces. The day I tried the powder, I hated the food. The powdered taste is very different from the fresh one. You must have used other spices in overwhelmingly quantity before I can eat the food.

Mariangeles:

What food did you use it in? cheesy
You probably went with the hype and used too much.

When it comes to tumeric, a little goes a long way because it's got this herby smell that is not too pleasant, and its colour can be strong.
A hint of it can give a beautiful colour to your foods without imposing its flavour. Including eggs.

Dry herbs and spices usually have different aroma compared to when they're fresh.
I like them dry.
I don't like the smell of fresh turmeric.

Are you picky when it comes to food? You seem so. cheesy
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Nobody: 10:15am On Jun 05, 2022
Spaxon:

Well I may disagree.

Most southern (Niger delta) tribes don't fry their Oil.
In rice or Egusi.

We just add it to the Food.
It produces the same result tho I think the taste may vary.

Oh wow really. We learn everyday.
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by phemmyfour: 10:26am On Jun 05, 2022
Channah1:

You don't know the meaning of soggy. Please my rice is not soggy. it's mushy - soft and pulpy
Dey there dey console yourself
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by shaneroberts26: 11:16am On Jun 05, 2022
Mariangeles:

Mbano.
Aight. Your dialect is almost similar to that of Orlu.
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Shugargal(f): 12:01pm On Jun 05, 2022
TechBIogger:
dear you're referring to me.
I can't survive without eba
Oh really? Thought you said you like rice no matter how its prepared.. I guess I quoted wrong person. Anyways, Happy Pentecost Sunday to you.
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by FrauleinBlossom(f): 12:13pm On Jun 05, 2022
Lol.. this isn't concoction.

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by LienwaltAbel(m): 12:36pm On Jun 05, 2022
Bayyajidda:

Like she was served breakfast? Or she has stop attending MFM?
I dont know oh. Maybe

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Fraudsters Manufacture Fake Coca-Cola Products: Be Warned / Party Food Packed With N500 Notes Added To Them (Photo) / Dipping Bread In Tea: How Many Of You Still Do This? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.