Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,786 members, 7,827,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? (66297 Views)

Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? / My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) / Sapa Concoction Rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Nealson(m): 6:25pm On Jun 04, 2022
Channah1:
grin grin grin.

Shame all you want. Provided I don eat belleful, I ain't bothered about your negative comments.
I give God the glory for providing for me.
Thank you Jesus.

You too Sabi..... God bless you jare,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Channah1(f): 6:27pm On Jun 04, 2022
Nealson:

You too Sabi..... God bless you jare,

Amen.
Thank you.
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Nexttpage(m): 6:27pm On Jun 04, 2022
Exactly what has been going through my mind.
Kingpin1000:
Are you sure you know what concoction rice is?
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by ubee(m): 6:28pm On Jun 04, 2022
I'm trying to wrap my head around this your story.

You mean as a primary school pupil, your mother had already handed over responsibility of cooking some less complex meals to you and your siblings?

Was she the type that was mostly not at home due to nature of her work?

In primary school i couldn't even wash my pants, let alone cook for myself.

If my memory is right, i think it was at my SS1 that i started getting the freedom to try stuff for myself in the kitchen.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Ara21(f): 6:28pm On Jun 04, 2022
Channah1:
grin grin grin.

Shame all you want. Provided I don eat belleful, I ain't bothered about your negative comments.
Thank you Jesus.

Till today I still dey do am. Some people are looking for garri to drink. Thank God my husband doesn't complain, anything I cook we eat.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Channah1(f): 6:29pm On Jun 04, 2022
omorttee4u:
But, how did you manage to enjoy concoction with red oil , even if you are to use red oil it must be well cooked.

Days we cook it then, non with red oil. But with just "Rodo" spices and grounddnut oil food is ready!

Concoction with red oil is the best. Ask pregnant women. grin.

Though I usually add dried pepper to balance oil taste so it doesn't taste too raw.
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Acidbath: 6:29pm On Jun 04, 2022
I just dey reserve my energy for the day wey I go cook party jollof rice for house with complete ingredients.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by moneyissweet(m): 6:31pm On Jun 04, 2022
I hate fish from childhood

I don't know why fish irritates me.

Channah1:

Why?

It's fresh fish I don't like but smoked and dried fish are ok.
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by enigma1990: 6:31pm On Jun 04, 2022
you try well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by enigma1990: 6:32pm On Jun 04, 2022
you try wella
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Channah1(f): 6:34pm On Jun 04, 2022
ubee:

You mean as a primary school pupil, your mother had already handed over responsibility of cooking some less complex meals to you and your siblings?

If my memory is right, i think it was at my SS1 that i started getting the freedom to try stuff for myself in the kitchen.

Yes my mum stopped cooking the moment our eldest turned 12 and we coming after her started cooking at the age of 9. Primary three then.

That's how females were trained in my family. She still cooks occasional meals like Christmas, Easter and new year but normal food, we handle and she was a full time house wife.

I'm glad she did though.

1 Like

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by nedekid: 6:35pm On Jun 04, 2022
Fine girl weh sabi cook.
You sure say you no be wife material?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by MisterKennedy(m): 6:37pm On Jun 04, 2022
Channah1:
Yes. I just remembered how we used to prepare concoction rice ( after momsy handed over cooking to us) back in the primary school days before going to school in the morning.

Pics 1 Main ingredient used in this recipe.
Scent leaves
Smoked Titus
Fresh pepper/ tomatoes
Jollof spice. Palm oil was used and dry ground pepper.

Pics 2... Cooked the rice till almost done with tiny water in it.

Pics 3.
Added jollof rice spice. This is my first time using this spice. Didn't know it was red. So I just added a little as you can see in the pics.

Pics 4... Added the onion, fish and veggies.

Channah love, I can see you have passion for cooking.

This is the second time you're showing us your cooking skills.

I think you should be a chef cos you derive so much joy in it.

And I'll for sure love to taste your yummy meals.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Channah1(f): 6:38pm On Jun 04, 2022
Ara21:

Till today I still dey do am. Some people are looking for garri to drink. Thank God my husband doesn't complain, anything I cook we eat.

My dear, see me o.
Better food like this.
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Channah1(f): 6:42pm On Jun 04, 2022
MisterKennedy:

Channah love, I can see you have passion for cooking.

This is the second time you're showing us your cooking skills.

I think you should be a chef cos you derive so much joy in it.

And I'll for sure love to taste your yummy meals.

Awwwnnn thank you Sir.

Yes I love to cook and I'm a caterer though not practing any more because of my new line of job.

Maybe in future when Im retired, I'll go back to my catering business.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by BigTableShaker(f): 6:45pm On Jun 04, 2022
Channah1:

Of course I do. There are various ways of cooking concoction rice and this is one of them

You don't know concoction rice.

It's a rice with Alubosa, maggi, salt, grounded pepper and vegetable oil with Eggs boiled in the concoction OR fresh ice fish.

Any other thing apart from this is another thing.

I guess you be nyamiri?!
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by pacespot(m): 6:47pm On Jun 04, 2022
Nice food, this food has saved many lives back in the days in school, i don't know why people tend to give the food a denigrating name by calling it concoction

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Mariangeles(f): 6:47pm On Jun 04, 2022
ubee:

Do you watch chopped junior?
Go see kids (both boys and girls) between 8-13 whipping up meals within 30mins.

Most Nigerian children are not taught to cook even simple meals until way later.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Michelle55: 6:49pm On Jun 04, 2022
Nice one but this one don comot for concoction oh, this one na healthy meal with that fish to grace it.
Would have loved to try it but I'm too lazy to cook these days sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by okunwaye(m): 6:50pm On Jun 04, 2022
From being homeless to a food blogger
***real grass to grace*** cheesy

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by chatinent: 6:54pm On Jun 04, 2022
Some food venders sell white rice, red oil, yaji, and maggi this way in the north.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Candidlady: 6:54pm On Jun 04, 2022
Mariangeles:

Do you watch chopped junior?
Go see kids (both boys and girls) between 8-13 whipping up meals within 30mins.

Most Nigerian children are not taught to cook even simple meals until way later.

@bolded
This one touch me cry cry
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Mariangeles(f): 7:00pm On Jun 04, 2022
Candidlady:

@bolded
This one touch me cry cry

Mi amor, you know I love you right? grin
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by BrightAhiah(m): 7:02pm On Jun 04, 2022
Channah1:
grin grin grin.

Thank you Jesus.

Most of them shaming you eat worst or may not even have anything at all, hence they beg from one person to another.

God whom have given you this food will continue to prepare more delicious meal for you even in the presence of ur enemies

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Channah1(f): 7:05pm On Jun 04, 2022
Michelle55:
Nice one but this one don comot for concoction oh, this one na healthy meal with that fish to grace it.
Would have loved to try it but I'm too lazy to cook these days sad

It's still concoction o.

That laziness, no be only you o. I just had to force myself to do this today because all through the week, i was eating out.

It is well.
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by SirMichael1: 7:05pm On Jun 04, 2022
Ishilove:
This is a meal fit for the gods. Specifically the god of the T-junction, Esu.

Madam, show us the one you don cook, you airhead.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by WatchYourSix: 7:06pm On Jun 04, 2022
Channah1:
grin grin grin.

Thank you Jesus.

This ur rice that graduated from harvard...with big fish and leaves, pepper, tomatoes, etc

....this one is not concortion rice ooo... u never see concortion....e be like say na UK u graduate

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Channah1(f): 7:06pm On Jun 04, 2022
BrightAhiah:

Most of them shaming you eat worst or may not even have anything at all, hence they beg from one person to another.

God whom have given you this food will continue to prepare more delicious meal for you even in the presence of ur enemies

Amen!!!!!!!!!!
Thank u!

God bless you Sir.

1 Like

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Nastysam: 7:07pm On Jun 04, 2022
STFU.....ojuju calabar.....Ego nor let u beg her make she remain for you....Dried throat Fu"cker
Ishilove:
This is a meal fit for the gods. Specifically the god of the T-junction, Esu.

3 Likes

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jun 04, 2022
This one an concussion reloaded. I no sure say you don see real concussion rice before,lol
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by SirMichael1: 7:07pm On Jun 04, 2022
ubee:

Dude, you're a guy and more so, culture plays a major role in determining when a person begins kitchen work.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Fraudsters Manufacture Fake Coca-Cola Products: Be Warned / Party Food Packed With N500 Notes Added To Them (Photo) / See What Rice Traders Do To Bags Of Rice To Reduce Its Quantity (pics/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.