Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,740 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:17 PM

‘We Were Locked In The Church For Over 20 Mins’ - Priest Speaks On Ondo Attack - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘We Were Locked In The Church For Over 20 Mins’ - Priest Speaks On Ondo Attack (78285 Views)

Sunday Igboho On Ondo Church Killings; I Envisaged Terrorists’ Attacks In South- / Ondo Attack: Fulani Man Applauds Act Of Terrorism (Pics) / Fulani Herdsmen Grazing Openly In On Ondo With Their Cows Despite Ban (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘We Were Locked In The Church For Over 20 Mins’ - Priest Speaks On Ondo Attack by SATANICALLY: 3:24pm On Jun 05, 2022
Rev Father Andrew Abayomi, one of the priests at St Francis Catholic Church, Owa-luwa Street, Owo, Ondo State, has narrated how the church was attacked.

Daily Trust had reported how many worshippers were killed when terrorists bombed the church on Sunday morning.

In an interview with BBC Yoruba, the cleric said suspected terrorists struck as the day’s service was about to end.

“We were about to round off service. I had even asked people to start leaving, that was how we started hearing gunshots from different angles.”

“We hid inside the church but some people had left when the attack happened. We locked ourselves in the church for 20 minutes. When we heard that they had left, we opened the church and rushed victims to the hospital.”

Governor Rotimi Akeredolu has reacted to the incident, which happened in his hometown.

He described the attack as “vile and satanic”, saying it was a calculated assault on the peace-loving people of Owo Kingdom who have enjoyed relative peace over the years.

“It is a black Sunday in Owo. Our hearts are heavy. Our peace and tranquility have been attacked by the enemies of the people. This is a personal loss, an attack on our dear state. I have spoken to the Bishop of the Catholic Diocese of Ondo, Most Reverend Jude Arogundade, who is presently on his way to Owo. Similarly, I have had to cut short my party’s national assignment in Abuja and visit Owo immediately.”

“This is an unexpected development. I am shocked to say the least. Nevertheless, We shall commit every available resource to hunt down these assailants and make them pay. We shall never bow to the machinations of heartless elements in our resolves to rid our state of criminals.

“I commiserate with my people in Owo, particularly families of the those who lost their lives to this ugly and unfortunate attack. I extend my condolences to Olowo of Owo, Oba Gbadegesin Ogunoye as well as the Catholic Church.

“I urge our people to remain calm and vigilant. Do not take laws into your hands. I have spoken to the heads of the security agencies. I have equally been assured that security operatives would be deployed to monitor and restore normalcy to Owo kingdom.” Akeredolu said.

https://dailytrust.com/breaking-we-were-locked-in-the-church-for-over-20-mins-priest-speaks-on-ondo-attack

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘We Were Locked In The Church For Over 20 Mins’ - Priest Speaks On Ondo Attack by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jun 05, 2022
Who did it and why?
What did these church goers in the sleepy town of Owo do to deserve this?

Why are politicians playing politics with our lives?
I bet this is politics. Someone is sending a message to someone. Just as how buhari is allowing herdsmen roam freely and killing people.

195 Likes 20 Shares

Re: ‘We Were Locked In The Church For Over 20 Mins’ - Priest Speaks On Ondo Attack by Joclebs(m): 3:26pm On Jun 05, 2022

Which way Naija? sad

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘We Were Locked In The Church For Over 20 Mins’ - Priest Speaks On Ondo Attack by devilmaycry: 3:29pm On Jun 05, 2022
cry cry it's painful

Search @Brown_and_roundz on telegram to watch the full videos

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘We Were Locked In The Church For Over 20 Mins’ - Priest Speaks On Ondo Attack by cherishmichael: 3:29pm On Jun 05, 2022
Black Sunday for those people, it is probably not only Yorubas that warships there, so this is just a sad news .

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘We Were Locked In The Church For Over 20 Mins’ - Priest Speaks On Ondo Attack by AlfaSeltzer(m): 3:29pm On Jun 05, 2022
Sweet dreams are made of these
Who am I to disagree
Travel the world from a Zoo
Everybody is looking for something

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘We Were Locked In The Church For Over 20 Mins’ - Priest Speaks On Ondo Attack by successmatters(m): 3:30pm On Jun 05, 2022
This attack looks like an inside job, no other person will know Owo like the indigenes of the town. They should round up everyone who is a member of Amotekun and lock them up, they must know something about this crime.

This doesn't look like a fulani attack at all, we didn't see any herdsmen around and there's no cows.

Fulanis are very good people who supply us with fresh ponmo from cow meat and they are entirely harmless.

186 Likes 11 Shares

Re: ‘We Were Locked In The Church For Over 20 Mins’ - Priest Speaks On Ondo Attack by GuyWise101(m): 3:30pm On Jun 05, 2022
Nna mehnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

My mind is telling me that this killing is a political game!

Putting fear on the Yoruba Christians like 'this is what you will keep getting if you vote a Muslim'

The above statement doesn't mean that the Fulanis are absolved NO like I said somewhere there are some places and lands in the Yoruba villages that they indigenes can no longer lay claim of as it now fully in Fulani property.

124 Likes 11 Shares

Re: ‘We Were Locked In The Church For Over 20 Mins’ - Priest Speaks On Ondo Attack by LordAdam16: 3:30pm On Jun 05, 2022
Re: ‘We Were Locked In The Church For Over 20 Mins’ - Priest Speaks On Ondo Attack by zionmade(m): 3:33pm On Jun 05, 2022
Let the truth come.out.

No security intervention

No safety in the entire country

People are dying everyday

We are not at war but we are recording more deaths than war torn countries. We are not wise, we don't hold our leaders accountable for anything, look at how the whole election thing has boiled down to ethnicity

Shame on all of us.

Meanwhile thunder will fire all of them at that apc convention. Bunch of selfish iddiots only care about their selfish political interest. As long as they get what they want every other human being can go to hell. Fcck buhari fcck all APC members, fcck all pdp members fcck them all. Selfish iddiots.

180 Likes 14 Shares

Re: ‘We Were Locked In The Church For Over 20 Mins’ - Priest Speaks On Ondo Attack by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jun 05, 2022
Akeredolu didn't talk about fishing out the culprits.!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘We Were Locked In The Church For Over 20 Mins’ - Priest Speaks On Ondo Attack by Esama: 3:34pm On Jun 05, 2022
Why people so wicked this way killing people like you .

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘We Were Locked In The Church For Over 20 Mins’ - Priest Speaks On Ondo Attack by Frigga13: 3:34pm On Jun 05, 2022
But the truth is that Fulani have taken over Yoruba villages .. and they live “ peacefully together “ they owo people know the fulanis that did this and reason for the action

Every Yoruba village have Fulani living together with them.. with their cows

Some rent houses and stay with them .. they know themselves

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘We Were Locked In The Church For Over 20 Mins’ - Priest Speaks On Ondo Attack by itaewon: 3:35pm On Jun 05, 2022
Akeredolu over to you the culprits must not go scott free.

i pray this will be the portion of those people deriving joy from this calamity by GOD GRACE

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘We Were Locked In The Church For Over 20 Mins’ - Priest Speaks On Ondo Attack by dynicks(m): 3:40pm On Jun 05, 2022
Nnamdi kanu was right after all!!......
Sunday igboho tried to act yet he was hunted down....
The late Obadiah Mailafia spoke out and gave warnings....he was killed.....

Please my western brothers , I urge u all to be vigilant and guard yourselves......Your homeland has and is being infiltrated by terrorists.....just like what's happening in the east.....

I repeat again....Mazi nnamdi kanu and the late Obadiah Mailafia warned us all!!

Security operatives should comb both the barracks and forests around....!!

183 Likes 6 Shares

Re: ‘We Were Locked In The Church For Over 20 Mins’ - Priest Speaks On Ondo Attack by BabaO2: 3:43pm On Jun 05, 2022
Olasyke:
Who did it and why?
There was a video recently of fulani herdsmen leadership boasting of stopping anyone from SW emerging as president because their governors headed by Akeredolu rejected grazing route of buhari, that guy should be arrested, this attack is from his team. The manauvering of APC to scheme out SW from being flag bearer as spearheaded by buhari's nephew mamman daura and the party chairman conform and confirmed the plan of fulanis against SW as spoken by that fulani herdsmen leader.

38 Likes 6 Shares

Re: ‘We Were Locked In The Church For Over 20 Mins’ - Priest Speaks On Ondo Attack by Naiira(m): 3:43pm On Jun 05, 2022
This country don tire persin…

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘We Were Locked In The Church For Over 20 Mins’ - Priest Speaks On Ondo Attack by Sunnycliff(m): 3:44pm On Jun 05, 2022
Lets Blame ipob for this

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘We Were Locked In The Church For Over 20 Mins’ - Priest Speaks On Ondo Attack by Johnnoah1st: 3:44pm On Jun 05, 2022
cvvg
Re: ‘We Were Locked In The Church For Over 20 Mins’ - Priest Speaks On Ondo Attack by an0daGuy: 3:44pm On Jun 05, 2022
Chai ! This can only be the handwork of the OPC wing of amotekun cry

Frigga13:
But the truth is that Fulani have taken over Yoruba villages .. and they live “ peacefully together “ they owo people know the fulanis that did this and reason for the action

Every Yoruba village have Fulani living together with them.. with their cows

Some rent houses and stay with them .. they know themselves

Come oga, let me not see you mention innocent fulani or herdsmen here again oh. Did you see any cow in that vicinity? Don’t you know them and yoruba are one and they used to flock together?

No let me blow your mouth oh

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘We Were Locked In The Church For Over 20 Mins’ - Priest Speaks On Ondo Attack by Weedee(m): 3:44pm On Jun 05, 2022
Guns should be legalized in Nigeria. Since the government can’t protect its citizens. The citizens should be left to protect themselves.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘We Were Locked In The Church For Over 20 Mins’ - Priest Speaks On Ondo Attack by OmovuduTheBeast(f): 3:44pm On Jun 05, 2022
"The attack was carried out by IPOB/ESN"

Signed,

Babatunde Wasiu Adewale,
Secretary,
Yeriba Muslim Society

27 Likes

Re: ‘We Were Locked In The Church For Over 20 Mins’ - Priest Speaks On Ondo Attack by timocruzcmbb(m): 3:44pm On Jun 05, 2022
A
Re: ‘We Were Locked In The Church For Over 20 Mins’ - Priest Speaks On Ondo Attack by omoiyamayor(m): 3:44pm On Jun 05, 2022
This is war against Yorubaland, at the Ifa festival Yesterday at Île-Ife prophecy came that the north will bring war to Yorubaland next day boom!!! Ai ko’fa nile Ifa tiun sę. Funny thing is people are focusing on next election instead of working on how to end the British amalgamation called Nigeria

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ‘We Were Locked In The Church For Over 20 Mins’ - Priest Speaks On Ondo Attack by dagnop: 3:45pm On Jun 05, 2022
Ah, so it has gotten to this level in Nigeria. May God be with us all. And I wish all the victims quick recovery

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘We Were Locked In The Church For Over 20 Mins’ - Priest Speaks On Ondo Attack by TheNiceGuy(m): 3:45pm On Jun 05, 2022
This attack has something to do with National Politics and outspokenness of Akeredolu on what's right and necessities.

I hope the animals that perpetrated this dastardly act is brought to book in due time.

Quote;
“This is an unexpected development. I am shocked to say the least. Nevertheless, We shall commit every available resource to hunt down these assailants and make them pay. We shall never bow to the machinations of heartless elements in our resolves to rid our state of criminals."

DamianX:
Yoruba Muslims why kill your brothers.
See the innocent females you guys killed just because they are christians. What wrong did they do to deserve this

IDIOTIC BIAFRAN PIGGG

185 Likes

Re: ‘We Were Locked In The Church For Over 20 Mins’ - Priest Speaks On Ondo Attack by tuoyoojo(m): 3:45pm On Jun 05, 2022
A really sad development

SW had enjoyed relative peace

Who no earth would derive joy from this sickening level of depravity

Massacre of fellow humans to gain what

Kai

May heart is heavy

The law enforcement agencies must get to the bottom of this

4 Likes

Re: ‘We Were Locked In The Church For Over 20 Mins’ - Priest Speaks On Ondo Attack by Aderewah: 3:45pm On Jun 05, 2022
I’ve seen a thousand comments from ibos mocking yorubas over deaths of children in Owo. You people should keep it up. Both ibos and Fulani masters.

185 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘We Were Locked In The Church For Over 20 Mins’ - Priest Speaks On Ondo Attack by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jun 05, 2022
Olasyke:
Who did it and why?
most especially, WHY?
Fellow humans like us

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pictures Of Governor Okorocha In Washington With Obama And Others / Aftermath Of Attack On Anambra Police Convoy (Graphics Photos) / Obi Effect: No Use Vex Vote Incompetence - Enugu PDP (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.