Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,591 members, 7,809,144 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:10 AM

Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? (9891 Views)

Man Needs Advice After Falling In Love With A Prostitute (Snapshot) / Possibility Of Falling In Love With Someone Overseas / 17 Signs Of Falling In Love/Lust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by Phate07(m): 9:18am On Jul 21, 2011

Why are some people afraid of falling in love? Why are they afraid of opening themselves to the
powerful aura of love?

Are they afraid of being hurt? Or maybe they afraid hurting others? Or could it be as a result of negative input from past failed relationships?
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by limpopo: 9:29am On Jul 21, 2011
dont u know love is evil- if u fall in love, u will surely fall out of love. love hurts, pple commit suicide.
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by pendo89(f): 9:30am On Jul 21, 2011
ooh love again!
where is claremont!
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by Mallow: 9:33am On Jul 21, 2011
Love is good,because its brings out the nicest part of an individual.
Love is bad because,it hurts and when an individual is hurt,they tend to do things that are unexpected of them.
People are scared to fall-in love because their heart may have been toiled with,by others,or mainly because they do not believe in love.
Love is strange thing,sometimes.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by claremont(m): 10:12am On Jul 21, 2011
pendo89:

ooh love again!
where is claremont!
I am here babes grin

@OP: The worst disease plaguing this world today is not HIV/AIDS, but rather, it is the mental delusion called "love". What makes it so bad is that "love" has never been objectively proven to exist, yet people allow themselves to sink into it without even asking simple questions. The difference between a sane person and an insane person is that an insane person continues to do the same thing over and over again expecting a different result; that's why people tend to "fall-in-love" over and over trying to find the elusive "love", it is indeed a misnomer, completely irrational, and it's proponents are not much different from those in a Lunatic asylum!
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by Nobody: 10:52am On Jul 21, 2011
claremont:

I am here babes grin

@OP: The worst disease plaguing this world today is not HIV/AIDS, but rather, it is the mental delusion called "love". What makes it so bad is that "love" has never been objectively proven to exist, yet people allow themselves to sink into it without even asking simple questions. The difference between a sane person and an insane person is that an insane person continues to do the same thing over and over again expecting a different result; that's why people tend to "fall-in-love" over and over trying to find the elusive "love", it is indeed a misnomer, completely irrational, and it's proponents are not much different from those in a Lunatic asylum!
GBAM2(not) cool
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by pendo89(f): 10:53am On Jul 21, 2011
shocked shocked
Talk of claremont and he appears!!
Pliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiz dont start the love thread again.!!
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by Dyt(f): 10:57am On Jul 21, 2011
Claremont
i wanna love u
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by Goldieluks: 11:21am On Jul 21, 2011
Mallow:

Love is good,because its brings out the nicest part of an individual.
Love is bad because,it hurts and when an individual is hurt,they tend to do things that are unexpected of them.
People are scared to fall-in love because their heart may have been toiled with,by others,or mainly because they do not believe in love.
Love is strange thing,sometimes.

seconded!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 21, 2011
pain is love, pipo dnt want to feel pain.
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by shekabhi: 1:13pm On Jul 21, 2011
People have some common thoughts regarding love.

May be they do not know that there are thousands of ways, lots of verities, There is no such formal method, it can be any time may be with any one also,
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by shekabhi: 1:42pm On Jul 21, 2011
yes pal, I am sure, Its not a exam, that it will come in a fixed time gap, some fall in love everyday but some even do not believe it.
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by cantell(m): 3:12pm On Jul 21, 2011
Phate07:

Why are some people afraid of falling in love? Why are they afraid of opening themselves to the
powerful aura of love?

Are they afraid of being hurt? Or maybe they afraid hurting others? Or could it be as a result of negative input from past failed relationships?

You have the right answer(Bolded) but i don't seem to understand why you choose to waste your energy asking again.
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by Mynd44: 3:44pm On Jul 21, 2011
^^^
I wonder oh
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by Phate07(m): 6:54pm On Jul 21, 2011

^^ Have you not heard of the word 'DISCUSSION' before?

I was just trying to make peeps disscuss about the issue.
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by Cuddlemii: 7:28pm On Jul 21, 2011
@op

r u in love?

Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by Rgp92: 7:31pm On Jul 21, 2011
IT HURTS TO BE IN LOVE angry angry angry
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 21, 2011
claremont:

I am here babes grin

for a minute, i though tyou were describing religion and all its fanatics, lol!!!!!
especially the part of doing the same BS over and over again expecting a different result, BWAAAAAAH!
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jul 21, 2011
claremont:

I am here babes grin

Falling in love over and over does not make a person insane. And expecting different results isnt always the point. SIGGGHHHHS!
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by chibaby5(f): 7:44pm On Jul 21, 2011
Love is an illusion but takes effect in a Real way  cool Ok im not sure i knw wat im sayin
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jul 21, 2011
Coz they afraid of being hurt wink
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by Nayah(f): 7:45pm On Jul 21, 2011
just afraid to face couple problems, reality and of course fear to be betrayed or left but I think that's the "game" we all have to risk it
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jul 21, 2011
Notice how FEAR is such a reaccuring factor?
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by chibaby5(f): 7:53pm On Jul 21, 2011
luizworld:

Coz they afraid of being hurt wink
kiss
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by 195(f): 7:57pm On Jul 21, 2011
chi-baby:

kiss

If I followed you home, would you keep me?
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by chibaby5(f): 7:59pm On Jul 21, 2011
190_@:

If I followed you home, would you keep me?

Why wud u follow me home luv?
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jul 21, 2011
chi-baby:

kiss
kiss wink
@190 watagwan
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by 195(f): 8:03pm On Jul 21, 2011
chi-baby:

Why wud u follow me home luv?

so u can keep me smiley
Still waiting for an answer to my proposal yesterday
Not kiddin im serious smiley smiley

luizworld:

kiss wink
@190 watagwan

hey man angry
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by Dyt(f): 8:04pm On Jul 21, 2011
So Luiz s in dis world?
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by Goldieluks: 8:06pm On Jul 21, 2011
190 must your derial every thread with your ado about nothings?
ingrate. shocked
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 21, 2011
Dyt:

So Luiz s in dis world?
yes dear. longest time. whats cracking? cheesy
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by Fulllips(f): 8:14pm On Jul 21, 2011
Finally, an interesting topic that I can also shed light on. Being a psychology major, love, and perceptions of love has been widely studied. Let me start by saying love is subjective and not everyone can define love in the decorum. There are different explanations for why people can be afraid of falling in love. One is that Love in its great purported magnitude, can be incredibly intense, which can be wonderful if you are ready for it, but may be unwelcome if not. It can be disruptive to someone's life especially if that person has a a busy work/social life. Another part of the fear of love, is the risk that the feeling will not be reciprocated. Unreciprocated love can be distressful; yearning for a person that may not be there emotionally, even if they are there physically. So the person may just try not to develop those feelings in the first place.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is This Ritual Or The White Garment Church Is A Place Of Blessings / Just Had A One Night Stand, Should I Feel Bad?:/ / Worst Date Ever!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.