Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? (9895 Views)

Man Needs Advice After Falling In Love With A Prostitute (Snapshot) / Possibility Of Falling In Love With Someone Overseas / 17 Signs Of Falling In Love/Lust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by pareto(m): 4:57am On Jul 22, 2011
Untill people love God.
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by MrsChima(f): 5:14am On Jul 22, 2011
Some people are afraid to fall in love because they are afraid:

To be used
To mistreated
To be dumped
To be abused

Past negative experience normally discourage people from trying out new relationships and going forward with their lives. It is important that people get proper counseling so they can learn to properly let go and start anew and not bring baggage in the new relationship.

Once they get pass all of that and learn to trust their new partner health wise they will fall in love hopefully with the right person and forever.
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by Nobody: 5:18am On Jul 22, 2011
I have to make one last comment! grin

Do not " believe" in love! It is not a belief system.  
It is not a means to an end , it just IS !

It cannot be defined or proven.

If one requires " proof" that love exists, then thats fine. Dont love then.

Ive said it before, but You must not be afraid to freefall into loving someone no matter what.
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by MrsChima(f): 5:20am On Jul 22, 2011
Love feels great when you are with the right person. Trust me. cheesy
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by Nobody: 5:22am On Jul 22, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Love feels great when you are with the right person. Trust me. cheesy

It does! cheesy
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by jawjaw1: 5:34am On Jul 22, 2011
@ poster
you sure do know the topic dat brings all the ladies comments.
Just saying
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by Gbenge77(m): 5:47am On Jul 22, 2011
Well,it might be due to previous acrimonious break-ups.
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by eunisam: 6:36am On Jul 22, 2011
love without fear!
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by Nobody: 6:46am On Jul 22, 2011
eunisam:

love without fear!

Oh Yahh!! You got it
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by Nobody: 7:32am On Jul 22, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Love feels great when you are with the right person.  Trust me.   cheesy

right person actually means the fool in the twosome game. There must be a fool for a relationship to work.
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by azyaq(m): 8:06am On Jul 22, 2011
@ poster some people are not ready to leave the wayward life, endure and some are runing way from responsibilities, coz falling in love is not all about bed
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by Sike(m): 8:29am On Jul 22, 2011
Simply Because "LOVE IS DAMN WICKED" #period.
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by sayso: 8:33am On Jul 22, 2011
Now you know the problem,find the solution
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by seunlayi(m): 8:47am On Jul 22, 2011
because they are afraid of taking risks,
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by claremont(m): 9:01am On Jul 22, 2011
The delusion is by far deeper than I thought it was! I give up, I really do
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by Phate07(m): 9:11am On Jul 22, 2011

^^Yeah, you should quit trying to convince others not to believe in love.

There are other more useful ways you can put your scientific theories(or lack of them) to use, like finding a cure for AIDS.
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by loverboy4(m): 9:43am On Jul 22, 2011
Well, I think being afraid may be an overstatement kind of. People decide not to fall in love for many reasons - past experience, anger, not being ready, future plans, dilemma, psyche etc. It doesn't necessarily mean they're afraid or they don't believe in love. Now let me speak for myself. I personally believe there is true love(even though its scarce these days). The last time I was in love, I discovered I was not really ready for the responsibilities that goes with loving a lady. This goes beyond care, money, gifts, calls, So I can boldly say I'm not afraid to fall in love, rather I'm just waiting for the right moment and lady!
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by Nobody: 10:14am On Jul 22, 2011
claremont:

The delusion is by far deeper than I thought it was! I give up, I really do
Oga claremont abegi park well! You no dey use eye see love! Pls leave those that want to love let them continue! No dey put mouth for wetin no concern you! When anyone wants to receive a sermon, they are free to read your thread on that! "Stop stalking" Love abeg! You keep saying the same things and making the same points over and over! Cant you see that you are not making any progress? How many threads have been opened to congratulate you for finally opening their eyes to see say no love? ZERO!!!! grin "No Love”, “delusion”, “irrational”, “animalistic”! The same grammer every day. Haba! It’s becoming a bore jare! undecided
Finally i think this advice from Phate07 would do you some good
"Quit trying to convince others not to believe in love.
There are other more useful ways you can put your scientific theories(or lack of them) to use, like finding a cure for AIDS."
cool wink cool wink
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by claremont(m): 10:21am On Jul 22, 2011
sexkillz:

Oga claremont abegi park well! You no dey use eye see love! [size=14pt]Pls leave those that want to love let them continue[/size]! No dey put mouth for wetin no concern you! When anyone wants to receive a sermon, they are free to read your thread on that! Finally i think this advice from Phate07 would do you some good "Quit trying to convince others not to believe in love.
There are other more useful ways you can put your scientific theories(or lack of them) to use, like finding a cure for AIDS."
cool wink cool wink
I hold dem before?! You are right, wetin even con-sign me sef wey I go dey carry another person matter for my head?! After all everybody get the right to believe in whatever junk they want to, na their business bi dat, e no con-sign me!
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by Nobody: 10:29am On Jul 22, 2011
claremont:

I hold dem before?! You are right, wetin even con-sign me sef wey I go dey carry another person matter for my head?! After all everybody get the right to believe in whatever junk they want to, na their business bi dat, e no con-sign me!
Well said! I like the way you present your points sha! If only. . . .! wink
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by Acutex: 11:48am On Jul 22, 2011
Ruv ask IKEBE IBI she should know better, tongue
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by ronia(f): 11:53am On Jul 22, 2011
Loving knowing dat you will get hurt is lyk living knowing dat you will die. Dat is why cos lov is hurt,i tried but it fail.
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by HURUCHI(m): 12:21pm On Jul 22, 2011
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by AndyMoore1(m): 12:49pm On Jul 22, 2011
Hello, it depends on which "love" you're talking about. You needn't "fall-in-love" with your mum, brother, sister or any close kin-although some[i] insane[/i] people do some very crazy things-because you naturally love that relative of yours naturally.
But it's sad when people like the physical or current status of some other person and confuse it for love or when some other people pretend-and thus deceive themselves-that they love the person's "attitudes" but go ahead to "break-up" or divorce after one or two weeks after courtship.

You want to know why people can't really love again, be it inter-relationship or love for their fellow man, go read the Bible.
The Love of men will grow cold and they will care more for themselves and for worldly things.
Real Love comes from God. Think of it, if a man gets married because he truly loves not lusts after his woman, the marriage will be exactly as God wills it.

Before the English word "Love" existed, there has been about 5 or 6 Hebrew words that described Love including; Eros-Longing or romance, Epithumia-Desire or Attraction, Storge-Belonging or Affection, Phile-Cherishing or friendship, Agape-Selfless giving, brotherly or Christian love. English philosophers then coined all these descriptions into one four-lettered controversial but powerful word: Love.
SO WHICH LOVE IS IT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT?
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by emmatok(m): 1:01pm On Jul 22, 2011
People claim love exits and it is eternal.

People claim they fall in-love.

If love exist why do  them-same people wake-up and say they are no more in-love.

It all about fantasies and delusions.

Most long lasting marriages are due to Understanding, tolerance and not love.

But check out marriages of today they all claim to be in-love and they divorce the minute.

When you hear[b] LOVE IS BLIND IT MEANS DELUSIONS AND FANTASIES.[/b]
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by claremont(m): 1:06pm On Jul 22, 2011
emmatok:

People claim love exits and it is eternal.

People claim they fall in-love.

If love exist why do  them-same people wake-up and say they are no more in-love.

It all about fantasies and delusions.

Most long lasting marriages are due to Understanding, tolerance and not love.

But check out marriages of today they all claim to be in-love and they divorce the minute.

When you hear[b] LOVE IS BLIND IT IS DELUSIONS AND FANTASIES.[/b]
May "God" bless you and your family ma guy. A great man is someone with the courage to question the rationale behind the norm, you are indeed a great man. It's nice to know I am not alone grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by star4(f): 1:15pm On Jul 22, 2011
op, people are afraid cause ultimately it sucks!
Love is only a bio chemical imbalance in the brain! angry
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by claremont(m): 1:17pm On Jul 22, 2011
star*:

op,  people are afraid cause ultimately it sucks!
Love is only a bio chemical imbalance in the brain!  angry
grin grin grin Exactly my point, I couldn't have said it any better! grin
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by emmatok(m): 1:37pm On Jul 22, 2011
claremont:

May "God" bless you and your family ma guy. A great man is someone with the courage to question the rationale behind the norm, you are indeed a great man. It's nice to know I am not alone grin grin grin

When my friend stated  dating  his  Skank called GF, all his family members and friend  warned him about the lady.

But this guy was so delusional, claiming he is in-love.

He even sold his car to pay for the ladies school fees.

Now the lady has graduated, she is currently planing to marry a big man in Abuja.

Then the guy just woke-up from all his delusions.

Delusion is self deception.

Love can be nothing but a delusion.
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by BigMeat2: 3:10pm On Jul 22, 2011
Human beings as we are like to complicate simple things.

Love is so simple that if it is genuine, lots of stress and heartbreak will be reduced.
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by Nayah(f): 3:16pm On Jul 22, 2011
I disagree star some beautiful things came from love, magic moment and very good memories but as I said it previously this is a risk we have to take or else we might miss the meaning of being happy with someone
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by owo2390(m): 3:38pm On Jul 22, 2011
Love is like any emotion in the array of emotions that humans possess, it's subjective, it's normal, and happens to everybody.

No one can force anyone to believe in love, but love is not an imbalance of chemicals in the brain, schizophrenia is.

People shouldn't blanket statement such as "love is a delusion" because statement like that are ignorant-they are just empty words.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Just Had A One Night Stand, Should I Feel Bad?:/ / Lady Shows Off The Arabic Tattoo On Her Thigh. PHOTOS / Why The War Against Each Other?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.