Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? (9896 Views)

Man Needs Advice After Falling In Love With A Prostitute (Snapshot) / Possibility Of Falling In Love With Someone Overseas / 17 Signs Of Falling In Love/Lust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 22, 2011
OP there's nothing like love in my dictionary

[flash=700,510]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYzlVDlE72w?fs=1&hl=en[/flash]
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by kandiikane(m): 3:45pm On Jul 22, 2011
^^What about the woman that gave birth to you?
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jul 22, 2011
Thats my first love. Since ur sis broke my heart? i deleted love from my dictionary
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by kandiikane(m): 3:58pm On Jul 22, 2011
Well, you should have know it was not going to go anywhere. smiley
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by StChristina(f): 6:14pm On Jul 22, 2011
LOVE! dt word is full of so many injuries 2 b sustained,dt i nw wish i had nt even tried,u take shit dt u swore u'l never take.The only thing i need nw is a RESCUE MISSION,cos its nw so BORING!
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by owo2390(m): 6:15pm On Jul 22, 2011
Deep!
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by star4(f): 6:20pm On Jul 22, 2011
owo2390:

Love is like any emotion in the array of emotions that humans possess, it's subjective, it's normal, and happens to everybody.

No one can force anyone to believe in love, but love is not an imbalance of chemicals in the brain, schizophrenia is.

People shouldn't blanket statement such as "love is a delusion" because statement like that are ignorant-they are just empty words.

Often these 'blanket' statements about love are given after experience, usually bitter ones. Its not ignorance, its based on personal fact.
Love is something that offsets emotion,  Love isn't actually the emotion. We all see love differently, based on if we have loved, been loved, are in love or think we have loved etc, whatever the hell it is its definitely not easy and certainly not without its troubles.  Well thats what I think!  undecided
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by owo2390(m): 6:26pm On Jul 22, 2011
Valid Point but,

A few bad experiences doesn't warrant closing your heart to love. The journey of life is long and arduous and if without love. The journey would be uneventful.

Love gives you wings, makes you feel like a kid again, makes the world seem more beautiful than it actually is.

It's actually kind of sad that some people choose not to believe in love. Oh well!!!
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jul 22, 2011
kandiikane:

Well, you should have know it was not going to go anywhere. smiley

How would i have known? im i a spirit? when she was already giving me green light shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by syanopra(m): 8:19pm On Jul 22, 2011
I wish there's nothing like love cos it has damaged part of my life and career.
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by tpia5: 8:20pm On Jul 22, 2011
love ie infatuation= danger.

falling in love = falling.
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by owo2390(m): 8:21pm On Jul 22, 2011
Sorry to hear that!

I hope that you are luckier in love in the future.
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by lavenda: 11:02am On Jul 23, 2011
It depends on your defination of love. below is the real defination of love anything else is called Infatuation

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Infatuation is the state of being completely carried away by unreasoned passion or love: 'expresses the headlong libidinal attraction'[1] of addictive love. Usually, one is inspired with an intense but short-lived passion or admiration for someone.
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by shannexon(f): 11:12am On Jul 23, 2011
Pple r afraid cuz Luv hurts nd it hurts so bad dt u won't even tink of Falln n Luv,
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by girlking(f): 11:29am On Jul 23, 2011
geeee
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by girlking(f): 11:31am On Jul 23, 2011
i have never fallen in love, dont know if im scared but i just have difficulty trusting ppl, HElp[/color][color=#990000]
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by star4(f): 11:48am On Jul 23, 2011
lavenda:

It depends on your defination of love. below is the real defination of love anything else is called Infatuation

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

This definition is only true between God and us, and between a mother and child in my opinion smiley
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by syanopra(m): 3:29pm On Jul 23, 2011
U r lucky grl, ow old,
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by beautylash: 7:37pm On Jul 23, 2011
190 stop that thing!!!!
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by denny4ril: 8:51pm On Jul 23, 2011
reasons some are afraid of falling in love:

1. past hurt or break up.

2. fear of the unknown

3. inexperience

4. tradition

5. upbringing

6. illiteracy

Well, love conquers all, breaks all boudaries, wipes tears, go extra limit, is not afraid, would dare, and even overcome challenges. Love is powerful
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jul 24, 2011
I am told that to enjoy love, that I need to be rich. So I am spending my life trying to get money. I wouldn't be bold at luv until I get this money
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by Phate07(m): 4:19pm On Jul 24, 2011
denny4ril:

reasons some are afraid of falling in love:

1. past hurt or break up.

2. fear of the unknown

3. inexperience

4. tradition

5. upbringing

6. illiteracy

Well, love conquers all, breaks all boudaries, wipes tears, go extra limit, is not afraid, would dare, and even overcome challenges. Love is powerful

Yeah, love is powerful. Nice list of WHYs. Inexperience and are the big reasons why people are afraid to fall in love.
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by Pollyanna(f): 9:29am On Jul 26, 2011
Pple arent afraid of falling in luv but they dnt fall because theyre afraid of falling out
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by avosoft: 10:46am On Jul 26, 2011
You need to know what love is, then the kind of love you are talking about. I am in love with at least two different most important people everyday of my life, and a few others.

So what is love?
Human defination - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love
Scriptural definition - 1 Corinthians 13:4-8
Types of Love
[list]
[li]Eros love - known as "erotic love". It is based on strong feelings toward another. It usually occurs in the first stages of a man-woman "romantic" relationship.[/li]
[li]Philos love - a love based on friendship between two people.[/li]
[li]Agape - unconditional love. The third and highest type of love is "agape", or unconditional love. Agape love is above philos love and eros love. It is a love that is totally selfless, where a person gives out love to another person even if this act does not benefit her/him in any way.[/li]
[/list]

So which love are you talking about.
Am guessing its Eros, the romantic love. if that is the case, then you must note two things.
First - this kind of love is not usually strong enough to keep you and your lover going for a long time. This love deals with your emotions, if you toil with it, the you will be quickly used to the word "Heart break". its like giving a thief a precious gift to keep for you, what will he do with it?

Secondly - if you must fall in love, it should not be in a hurry, of because of things that can quickly fade, e.g like money, beauty, fame, material things etc.
There is a biblical example of true love in the "Songs of solomon". There is a Shepard boy falling in love with a shulammite girl. The bible describe the girl as being a "wall", in what sense? She was not ready for a rush in relationship, so she told the boy to wait until she is ready despite that the boy would prefess his love for here everyday. how many girls would do that today.

The thing is most people have crush, not love. It all ends in sex, which the bible strongly condemns, and after that, thats the end of that crush. Crush quickly fades away, sonner or later, but true love does not come easily and never fade until death.

If you must fall in romantic love with a woman or man, make sure its not just to have sex (or else you will have disobeyed God), but with marriage in view.

And if you must date or court this person,it should be without anything sex or related until you are properly married
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by Egelife(m): 4:03pm On Jul 27, 2011
That is because they know that in Nigeria, love means a different thing in totality, to the partner that has the most love in a relationship it could mean milking down the other physically(financially) or emotionally sad
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by kembrat(m): 5:17pm On Jul 27, 2011
I think people are afraid of failing in Love for a main reason : because they are afraid to loose control, generaly because we are control freaks.
People aren't afraid to Love, they are afraid to fall.
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by Nobody: 9:37am On Dec 07, 2011
^^^Guy u r the wisest person here! wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by 10Billion(m): 10:03am On Dec 07, 2011
Love! Love! Love! It is invisible yet very poweful, it can either make or mar ur life, I fall in love before but it was very painful, d xperience is beta left untold. Now if a gal carry her punanni waka pass my face, I go lick am, but me fall in love again? TUFIAKWA. I'm not D'bang.[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid Of Falling In Love? by zenittha: 5:48pm On Dec 09, 2011
claremont, so because science or whateva cudnt define love,dats why it doesnt exist?RUBBISH!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Just Had A One Night Stand, Should I Feel Bad?:/ / Lady Shows Off The Arabic Tattoo On Her Thigh. PHOTOS / Why The War Against Each Other?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.