Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,420 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? (32646 Views)

The Disadvantages Of Marrying A Virgin. / A Jehovah Witness Dating A Non Witness, I'm Emotionally Trapped, We Both In Love / What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by cbutty: 11:50pm On Jul 23, 2011
@topdog i am sorry,i meant to say @ist citizen not you. i cannnot address my broda like that. sad i am sorry, @francis Lanre, it was a mistake, was talking to the loud mouthed 1st citizen talking about blood he knows nothing about.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 1:03am On Jul 24, 2011
MyJoe, thanks for your in-depth analysis.

Every religion has its own beauty. Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism etc. My argument is hinged on the fact that religion should form the basis under which mortals live in love, peace and most importantly in harmony with God's greatest creation, LIFE!. This argument is not about religion. We should not be afraid to speak up where a sect pops out  of a religion to break the harmonious relationships based on LOVE which GOD has given freely to us mortals.

I have befriended,dated and loved Christians and Muslims of diverse doctrines in the past like many others in NL and love the teachings of these on LOVE and SHARING, but would frown at any radical Islamic ideas that the world has come to hate. Likewise I would frown at any Christian fanatical ideas that does not preach LOVE. Any teaching that is destructive to the mental, spiritual and physical well being of MAN or MAN'S HARMONIOUS COEXISTENCE WITH OTHERS is what I condemn and I classify them as the same(DESTRUCTIVE) whether violent or not.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 7:02am On Jul 24, 2011
D girl is good because she is a jehovah witness.leave her alone,go and marry one of millions of worthless girl in ur RCCG.D girl is even stupid to date u.it is wrong for jw to date non-witness.do not force her unless but of u would regret.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 7:08am On Jul 24, 2011
@first citizen.false religion has failed mankind.it has never spread love but hatred and confusion even among members,christian killing christian,muslim killing muslim etc.only religion that promotes love among their members and non-member is true religion.i am convinced Jehovah witnesses is true religion.check out urself.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by MyJoe: 7:43am On Jul 24, 2011
@cbutty  Ha, I was kidding o! Pele. By all means mingle with your brothers. :-) Not that mingling with me will be a bad idea, as I must confess your username does turn me on!
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jul 24, 2011
@kizini, best unbiased advise to dis topic so far. I was more shocked to find at d end that u are a JW, becos u remained neutral truout ur advise/opinion. At poster, just let go of dis great girl. Then try visit christ embassy or house on d rock church d next week, and u'll come here singing another love song! Lol @ love!
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Phoenix6278(m): 4:33pm On Jul 24, 2011
godunia:

All those hating the Witnesses are fulfilling what s recorded at John 17:14 which speak of the world hating the true followers of Jesus Christ.i m glad non of our brothers  stole and made Nigerians and the world at large what it is today.the Akingbola's,Ibrus etc are not Jw.If we are condenmed because we are corrupt,adulterers,thieves and any other vices that brings reproach to the Name of the true God,then your hatred is justified but if u hate us because of things u do not understand thats ok,after all majority hated  the disciples of Christ thats why they were persecuted and killed eg Apostle Paul.we love life but not more than God,so we are obedient to Gods commandment even at the expense of our lives just Like Jesus.Jesus did not allow himself to be killed because he hated life but because Gods will is better than life itself.Accept a bible study and no what we believe or hate us and continue in yr ignorance.Over 7 millions persons in over 235 lands including islands are carrying out the commandment of christ to preach and teach  and those dispose for everlasting life are coming in day and night.Day and night we preach and from house to house even under d sun and rain,what do u do for God?oh u pay tithes,ummmmmm.Is that all u do for God?contact any jw near u to teach u how to work for God and not the other way around.Greetings to u all.
Seconded, My best friend is a witness and I must confess He is the best person I have met till date
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Grassroot: 5:40pm On Jul 24, 2011
Quote from Kizini

@hectorblaze: Marriage decisions are what you need caution in making a final decision as to who becomes your Life partner. As a prospective husband, you should be looking for a" partner" the word partner emphasizes the kind of person you should look out for! One who shares same belief, Idealogy or someone who has same line of thought as you. As a husband you need to provide for your household both Materially and spiritually as well, now my questions is why enter into a marriage that a line has been drawn on religious differences?

If you marry her this is what you should expect, She wont celebrate Christmas, Birthdays with you. Imagine yourselfs on this periods of the year alone with your wife at home with a different belief. Already there is a friction and when you give birth to children, where are your children going to worship? Guess with you and your wife has a different opinion. So how do you reconcile this? You convert her right? Dont think about, My mama used to tell me dont expect to change someone who has been living with an Idealogy for tweenty sometime years of their lifes maybe you should try your luck but trust me you have a very slim chance.

My own opinion about religion is this : Religion is a science that guides our way of life. In as much as we have different religions in the world, all religion claim to proffer the best way of life. People go on and on in this forum to criticize, de-humanize other peoples religion but wait a minute I use to think we have freedom of association/Religion and choices we make in Life. The Outcome of our actions tells if we have made wrong decisions in our lifes, as an RGGC Member have you for once regretted associating with your Church? As a Catholic church member have you for one regretted being associated with your church as a Jehovah's witnesses have you for once regretted being a member? As a member of deeper life Bible church have you regretted being a part of it? Enough members of the said Places of worship have inner contentment with their beliefs and have continue to practice the way of life being preached to them based on the their doctrines which might be working for them.

It is better you make your decisions now!! when you have the power to change things than when its late. You might decide out of love to change your religion because of her, but that will be a wrong thing to do because religion should be about our worship to God not because of Love of woman. Because if you change because of love you will never give your best to your new religion because you have other ideas from the on-set which might seem as if you were coarse into it.

Why not make a choice from someone who shares same Opinion as you do? It saves you alot. Though finding a mate is not easy. But I believe with the drones of people pumping into your place of worship every time you should find your match there.

Let the girl go, sometimes finding the right partner involves you giving up on others. She has her good qualities but she is not the right one for you, is as simple as that.

But for people who go about criticizing others, without showing why they are better off with their opinions? I rest my case.

I have given you an advice without religious sentiments attached to it.

I will forever remain a Jehovah's Witness and have no regrets about it.

Moderator, With this, I think this thread should be closed before it becomes a religious thread. There can't be a better advise.

When I come to romance thread, I look for romance not religious arguments. Please let's stick to romance here (I believe I'm speaking the minds of others)
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Googler(m): 6:18pm On Jul 24, 2011
Grassroot:

Quote from Kizini

Moderator, With this, I think this thread should be closed before it becomes a religious thread. There can't be a better advise.

When I come to romance thread, I look for romance not religious arguments. Please let's stick to romance here (I believe I'm speaking the minds of others)
No you arn't. Im surprised you can't see the relevance of the exchanges, particularly since op has been told all he could anyway. This is a religion that is much misunderstood and we are learning WHY they don't marry outside. If you go to the food section and eba is being discussed will it be out of place for people to talk about kettle, stove, hot plates, ring and other methods of heating water?
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Ekpoma1: 6:26pm On Jul 24, 2011
You all JW out there pls save your sermon and lets hear word! What is bad is bad and no need coming hear 2 justify your polluted doctrine.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by duke4ever: 6:46pm On Jul 24, 2011
Proudly a Jehovah's Witness. Isaiah 43:10, Psalms 83:18. Let the hating continue we are happy with it. It shows we are peculiar pple.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Galaxy7: 9:29pm On Jul 24, 2011
is it impracticable to marry a witness and allow her attend her own while u stick to yours?
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 12:06am On Jul 25, 2011
enuf dulling on the bed
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by uonyekwere(m): 1:27am On Jul 25, 2011
I ended a relationship I had with an indian girl who was hindu because of our religion, and I will say it was the best decision I ever made. There is nothing better than being with someone who is similar to you. I cant imagine how my eventual children would grow up with parents of two different religions because naturally i would want them to choose mine. Its probably best to evaluate whether it is worth the trouble because as u said she would not have the support of her family. They would all have resentment towards you. If you are willing to work with that than go for it. I just know I was not.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by lastpage: 1:51am On Jul 25, 2011
Good people!
I have been reading this thread and it is educating. Each time l want to reply, something crops up and the reply gets "LONGER".
It was so annoying but l know it will be unfair to "load all that reply" into someone's thread and somehow, the issue is bordering on Religion, more so, on a "Group" that is either most-misunderstood or most disliked: You can choose your pick!

For example, l wanted to explain why J.W's drink Beer without a care! grin
I wanted to ask why they dont celebrate birthdays but l knew this thread is not about that.

BTW: I am not a J.Witness "member". I have mingled with them very well, for so many years! But l refuse to be a member!
Believe me, for any "group" you willingly join, there are responsibility and obligations you must be prepared to shoulder otherwise, DONT JOIN!

Again:

*Are they the only ones serving God? Absolutely NOT!
(Salvation is not by “one’s Denomination, it is by “individual appraisal” at God’s hand.)

*Do they have “excesses and black sheep” within the fold? Absolutely TRUE!

*Can we take one part of the Bible and discard the other parts? Absolutely NOT!

*Are certain things in the Bible left to “individual discretion”? Absolutely YES!

*Are Jehovah’s Witnesses a good Christian organization? Absolutely YES!

*Do they feel superior to other Christians (and this is wrong!)? Absolutely YES!

*Do they have a ‘somehow narrow’ understanding/interpretation of certain biblical doctrines? Absolutely TRUE

*Can we learn a lot from them? Absolutely Yes!

I have created a "fresh thread" to discuss the "Jehovah's Witness" Group of Christians, the likes, dislikes and misconceptions "as l see them" over here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-720107.0.html#msg8781792

Please fell free to make your contributions and dont forget to "tell us if you're a member" or just an "independent observer" like me! wink
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 3:46am On Jul 25, 2011
Eating blood and blood transfusion are d same.

I have delibrately delayed replying you in order to get my hands on "your bible" and extract the story below from it so that you JWs will not claim its not in the "true bible".

My main resentment towards your cult is the issue of delibrately refusing blood to save LIFE e.g A father allowing the child to die by refusing him blood transfusion when his life depends on it. Lets agree that eating blood is thesame as blood transfusion, then read this bible story extracted from your own bible.

Matthew12 9:13 (Jehovah Witness Bible)
9 After departing from that place he went into their synagogue; 10 and, look! a man with a withered hand! So they asked him, “Is it lawful to cure on the sabbath?” that they might get an accusation against him. 11 He said to them: “Who will be the man among YOU that has one sheep and, if this falls into a pit on the sabbath, will not get hold of it and lift it out? 12 All considered, of how much more worth is a man than a sheep! So it is lawful to do a fine thing on the sabbath.” 13 Then he said to the man: “Stretch out your hand.” And he stretched it out, and it was restored sound like the other hand.

Even Christ violated an old testament law to do good talk less of you mere mortals. I hope you JWs will now shut up and maybe even have a rethink about your future as members of this sect and its teachings.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by quadrant4: 7:13am On Jul 25, 2011
@cbutty are you on yahoo messenger? Please let me know so that i can communicate with you later.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by rully2: 11:58am On Jul 25, 2011
1stCitizen:

I have delibrately delayed replying you in order to get my hands on "your bible" and extract the story below from it so that you JWs will not claim its not in the "true bible".

My main resentment towards your cult is the issue of delibrately refusing blood to save LIFE e.g A father allowing the child to die by refusing him blood transfusion when his life depends on it. Lets agree that eating blood is thesame as blood transfusion, then read this bible story extracted from your own bible.

Matthew12 9:13 (Jehovah Witness Bible)
Even Christ violated an old testament law to do good talk less of you mere mortals. I hope you JWs will now shut up and maybe even have a rethink about your future as members of this sect and its teachings.

I cant remember the last time i heard that JW have their own bible, u shld make proper comparism before u really ''talk'' about what is true and what is not. Except you are really faulty in your judgement of what is simply a translation to modern English. Just because so many of you have come to love some of your childish,foolish,selfish celebrations and beliefs that brings no good out of it, does'nt make them any good. What the Bible condemns,it condemns out rightly!! regardless of what colour you try to paint it.

Jehovah's Witnesses are no sects!!, shame to all of you who open your mouth to speak in vague naivety to curse and speak of what you barely know about. Their teachings, doctrines and beliefs is as simple and plain for any reasonable fellow to understand. accept it or not!! Why dont u go make PROPER research of what a sect or cult is before saying something about a religious group whose teaching is open, plain and pure enough.

If JW's choose to marry only among themselves, it is a personal decision for each individual and nobody should crucify anyone for that.
@poster it is not a do or die affair,if your girl cannot forego her religion for yours and u cant do otherwise, what's the point?, im sure you already know the answer even before asking for public opinion!!
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Mobsync(m): 1:02pm On Jul 25, 2011
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jul 25, 2011
@rully2
I cant remember the last time i heard that JW have their own bible, u shld make proper comparism before u really ''talk'' about what is true and what is not. Except you are really faulty in your judgement of what is simply a translation to modern English. Just because so many of you have come to love some of your childish,foolish,selfish celebrations and beliefs that brings no good out of it, does'nt make them any good. What the Bible condemns,it condemns out rightly!! regardless of what colour you try to paint it.

Jehovah's Witnesses are no sects!!, shame to all of you who open your mouth to speak in vague naivety to curse and speak of what you barely know about. Their teachings, doctrines and beliefs is as simple and plain for any reasonable fellow to understand. accept it or not!! Why dont u go make PROPER research of what a sect or cult is before saying something about a religious group whose teaching is open, plain and pure enough.

If JW's choose to marry only among themselves, it is a personal decision for each individual and nobody should crucify anyone for that.
@poster it is not a do or die affair,if your girl cannot forego her religion for yours and u cant do otherwise, what's the point?, im sure you already know the answer even before asking for public opinion!!

Please what is your take on the bible text and blood transfusion to save life which you deliberately deleted to keep your poor JW members in the DARK. Atypical case of control. By the way, so you no longer have your own Bible? grin grin grin Please find below a quote I have culled from a site operated by one of your former ELDERS to support other [b]BLIND [/b]witnesses. See link. http://www.towerwatch.com/Witnesses/New_World_Translation/new_world_translation.htm

The New World Translation of the Bible is Jehovah's Witnesses own translation, no other religious group uses this Bible and Jehovah's Witnesses make very little use of other Bibles

You have just proven the "Brainwash theory"
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by ibukunobi: 2:15pm On Jul 25, 2011
I want pple like ODIAERO,1ST CITIZEN,TOPDOG,and EKPOMA to read meditate and respect the directives below,lack of obedience, rebelliousness started since the time of Adam and Cain and not today, let us try to "MAKE SURE OF ALL THINGS AND STICK TO THE RIGHT ONE" READ: ABOUT BLOOD

After Cain killed his brother Abel, Jehovah told Cain: “Your brother’s blood is crying out to me from the ground.” (Genesis 4:10) When God spoke of Abel’s blood, he was speaking of Abel’s life. Cain had taken Abel’s life, and now Cain would have to be punished. It was as if Abel’s blood, or life, were crying out to Jehovah for justice. The connection between life and blood was again shown after the Flood of Noah’s day. Before the Flood, humans ate only fruits, vegetables, grains, and nuts. After the Flood, Jehovah told Noah and his sons: “Every moving animal that is alive may serve as food for you. As in the case of green vegetation, I do give it all to you.” However, God set this restriction: “Only flesh with its soul [or, life]—its blood—you must not eat.” (Genesis 1:29; 9:3, 4) Clearly, Jehovah links very closely the life and the blood of a creature.
We show respect for blood by not eating it. In the Law that Jehovah gave the Israelites, he commanded: “As for any man . . . who in hunting catches a wild beast or a fowl that may be eaten, he must in that case pour its blood out and cover it with dust. . . . I said to the sons of Israel: ‘You must not eat the blood of any sort of flesh.’” (Leviticus 17:13, 14) God’s command not to eat animal blood, first given to Noah some 800 years earlier, was still in force. Jehovah’s view was clear: His servants could eat animal meat but not the blood. They were to pour the blood on the ground—in effect, returning the creature’s life to God.
A similar command rests upon Christians. The apostles and other men taking the lead among Jesus’ followers in the first century met together to decide what commands had to be obeyed by all in the Christian congregation. They came to this conclusion: “The holy spirit and we ourselves have favored adding no further burden to you, except these necessary things, to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from things strangled [leaving the blood in the meat] and from fornication.” (Acts 15:28, 29; 21:25) So we must ‘keep abstaining from blood.’ In God’s eyes, our doing that is as important as our avoiding idolatry and sexual immorality.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jul 25, 2011
@ibukun obi,

Laws were made for man. Man was not made for laws. You guys have still not answered the issue raised about Jesus violating a LAW to DO GOOD.

Likewise is violating the Law on "eating" blood by transfusing blood to save a life not thesame as what Jesus did? Tell me. Lest I forget, I hope you realise most of the vaccines you took as a child in order to stay alive today were made from blood fractions. grin grin grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by ibukunobi: 2:46pm On Jul 25, 2011
If your doctor told you to abstain from alcohol, would you have it injected into your veins?
  Does the command to abstain from blood include blood transfusions? Yes. To illustrate: Suppose a doctor were to tell you to abstain from alcoholic beverages. Would that simply mean that you should not drink alcohol but that you could have it injected into your veins? Of course not! Likewise, abstaining from blood means not taking it into our bodies at all. So the command to abstain from blood means that we would not allow anyone to transfuse blood into our veins.
  What if a Christian is badly injured or is in need of major surgery? Suppose doctors say that he must have a blood transfusion or he will die. Of course, the Christian would not want to die. In an effort to preserve God’s precious gift of life, he would accept other kinds of treatment that do not involve the misuse of blood. Hence, he would seek such medical attention if that is available and would accept a variety of alternatives to blood.
  Would a Christian break God’s law just to stay alive a little longer in this system of things? Jesus said: “Whoever wants to save his soul [or, life] will lose it; but whoever loses his soul for my sake will find it.” (Matthew 16:25) We do not want to die. But if we tried to save our present life by breaking God’s law, we would be in danger of losing everlasting life. We are wise, then, to put our trust in the rightness of God’s law, with full confidence that if we die from any cause, our Life-Giver will remember us in the resurrection and restore to us the precious gift of life.—John 5:28, 29; Hebrews 11:6.
  Today, faithful servants of God firmly resolve to follow his direction regarding blood. They will not eat it in any form. Nor will they accept blood for medical reasons.* They are sure that the Creator of blood knows what is best for them. Do you believe that he does?

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jul 25, 2011
If your doctor told you to abstain from alcohol, would you have it injected into your veins?

1.Although your analogy is weak and out of context, the answer is YES, IF IT WILL SAVE A LIFE.

2[b].Again JESUS violated a law to DO GOOD. What is your take on that with regards to the Blood issue?[/b] grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by rully2: 3:13pm On Jul 25, 2011
@Ibukun Obi  PLEASE and i repeat PLEASE  stop wasting your time explaining and trying to analyse something to 1stCitizen or whatever he is called. Cant you see he is all out for criticism, i am sure no amount of reasoning and comparing will do, he is not out for that, save it for people who REALLY need it.

@1stCitizen, u are such a joke. First if Jesus violated a law to do good (not like i know your exact story) are you a common mortal man,the same as Jesus Christ?? that you should compare his acts or deeds to that of Man?

You are such a dumb to think that the comparism of drinking and injecting something into the body is ''weak and out of context'' and dumber just listeneing to what you answered below,

1stCitizen:

1.Although your analogy is weak and out of context, the answer is YES, IF IT WILL SAVE A LIFE.

Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by ibukunobi: 3:23pm On Jul 25, 2011
Mr. 1stcitizen,odiaero,topdog,ekpama. It is not your fault entirely that you find it difficult to accept the TRUTH, its one of the tools Satan uses in this present system, he does not want handsome pple like you to enjoy everlasting life, so he want to make you more comfortable in this system of things.There is a scripture that says 'TRUST IN JEHOVAH WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND DO NOT LEAN UPON YOUR OWN UNDERSTANDING' please be careful and widen your scope. Read:

THE ONLY PROPER USE OF BLOOD
How can you show regard for life and blood?

The Mosaic Law emphasized the one proper use of blood. Regarding the worship required of the ancient Israelites, Jehovah commanded: “The soul [or, life] of the flesh is in the blood, and I myself have put it upon the altar for you to make atonement for your souls, because it is the blood that makes atonement.” (Leviticus 17:11) When the Israelites sinned, they could obtain forgiveness by offering an animal and having some of its blood put on the altar at the tabernacle or later at God’s temple. The only proper use of blood was in such sacrifices.  
  True Christians are not under the Mosaic Law and therefore do not offer animal sacrifices and put the blood of animals on an altar. (Hebrews 10:1) However, the use of blood on the altar in the days of ancient Israel pointed forward to the precious sacrifice of God’s Son, Jesus Christ. As we learned in Chapter 5 of this book, Jesus gave his human life for us by letting his blood be shed as a sacrifice. Then he ascended to heaven and once for all time offered the value of his shed blood to God. (Hebrews 9:11, 12) That laid the basis for the forgiveness of our sins and opened the way for us to gain everlasting life. (Matthew 20:28; John 3:16) How extremely important that use of blood has proved to be! (1 Peter 1:18, 19) Only by means of faith in the merit of Jesus’ shed blood can we gain salvation.
  We can be so grateful to Jehovah God for the loving provision of life! And should that not motivate us to tell others about the opportunity to gain everlasting life on the basis of faith in Jesus’ sacrifice? Godly concern for the lives of fellow humans will move us to do this with eagerness and zeal. (Ezekiel 3:17-21) If we diligently fulfill this responsibility, we will be able to say, as did the apostle Paul: “I am clean from the blood of all men, for I have not held back from telling you all the counsel of God.” (Acts 20:26, 27) Telling people about God and his purposes is a fine way to show that we have the highest regard for life and blood.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by lastpage: 5:09pm On Jul 25, 2011
@ibukun obi:
Please allow me "reproduce the below" on another thread where we (anyone interested) are "civilly discussing" J.W's and their peculiarities.

After Cain killed his brother Abel, Jehovah told Cain: “Your brother’s blood is crying out to me from the ground.” (Genesis 4:10) When God spoke of Abel’s blood, he was speaking of Abel’s life. Cain had taken Abel’s life, and now Cain would have to be punished. It was as if Abel’s blood, or life, were crying out to Jehovah for justice. The connection between life and blood was again shown after the Flood of Noah’s day. Before the Flood, humans ate only fruits, vegetables, grains, and nuts. After the Flood, Jehovah told Noah and his sons: “Every moving animal that is alive may serve as food for you. As in the case of green vegetation, I do give it all to you.” However, God set this restriction: “Only flesh with its soul [or, life]—its blood—you must not eat.” (Genesis 1:29; 9:3, 4) Clearly, Jehovah links very closely the life and the blood of a creature.
  We show respect for blood by not eating it. In the Law that Jehovah gave the Israelites, he commanded: “As for any man . . . who in hunting catches a wild beast or a fowl that may be eaten, he must in that case pour its blood out and cover it with dust. . . . I said to the sons of Israel: ‘You must not eat the blood of any sort of flesh.’” (Leviticus 17:13, 14) God’s command not to eat animal blood, first given to Noah some 800 years earlier, was still in force. Jehovah’s view was clear: His servants could eat animal meat but not the blood. They were to pour the blood on the ground—in effect, returning the creature’s life to God.
   A similar command rests upon Christians. The apostles and other men taking the lead among Jesus’ followers in the first century met together to decide what commands had to be obeyed by all in the Christian congregation. They came to this conclusion: “The holy spirit and we ourselves have favored adding no further burden to you, except these necessary things, to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from things strangled [leaving the blood in the meat] and from fornication.” (Acts 15:28, 29; 21:25) So we must ‘keep abstaining from blood.’ In God’s eyes, our doing that is as important as our avoiding idolatry and intimate immorality.

This is our thread: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-720107.99999.html#msg8781792

Thanks in anticipation!
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by shagmus(m): 5:56pm On Jul 25, 2011
Guy its the plain fact. Witnesses dont intermarry, i'm surprised she even dated you in the first place. there are a million other girls why dont you try them
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jul 25, 2011
@rully2,

I am sorry for arguing with blind,clueless zombies like you and your co-travellers who unfortunately live in a pathetic hallucinatory world where TRUTH is forbidden.

Your deficiency in understanding simply words like context and analogy does not surprise me one bit. It means the example you gave does not fit into the argument. Simpleton!

Listen to your lame excuse that because Jesus is divine, he only can violate the LAW to do GOOD.(The story is in Matthew 12 9:13). So why did he ask those present if they would not do the same when faced with a similar situation? We are mere mortals but he also came to the world as a human(That's why the devil who sits at the gates of hell waiting for you murderers could tempt him. What is Christianity? Is it not about the pursuit of his followers to live by his example.

Sorry I should have realised I am arguing with empty SOULS floating about in the depths of stupidity created by dangerous doctrines.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by avosoft: 6:55pm On Jul 25, 2011
JW (Jehovah's Witness?) are Christians who follow bible based beliefs to the letter.
Most people have odd view about them, but the real reason is that they uphold bible principles. for example they don't preach Do not fornicate and yet the do in secret.

If you must marry anyone, definitely their religious will be a problem if you don't share the same beliefs. Take for example you want to marry a Muslim, how will that work out?.

JW follow the admonition found at 1 Cor. 7:39 which says in part "marry only in the Lord"

If you really want to know more, ask any witness for May 15 2011 Watchtower, then read the article "Following Christ the perfect leader"

Takia
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by 1honeybee: 1:57am On Jul 26, 2011
last time i checked. . . .its not only JW dat don't accept blood trans, some other ppl with and without religious belief of any kind dont accept it as well so why are u guys singling them out
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by tinnymerit(m): 1:02pm On Jul 26, 2011
Many jw dont even know what the doctrine all abt,it was founded by richard t. Russel in 1926,before dat,he predicted that earth would come to an end in 1912,1916 , and 1926,six consecutive times but because he failed as a philosopher,he arrived @ d conclusion dat earth will never end.according to report abt 2 million jws were killed during world war ii because dey cant sing their country pledge,which up today jw r also doing in naija.wait,loading,

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I'm Scared Of Marriage Because Of The Married Women I Dated. / Can You Marry Someone That Can't Read Or Write But Gives You Peace Of Mind? / Fellow Nairalanders You All Are Specially Invited To My Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.