Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,470 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? (32648 Views)

The Disadvantages Of Marrying A Virgin. / A Jehovah Witness Dating A Non Witness, I'm Emotionally Trapped, We Both In Love / What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by TopDog1(m): 8:08pm On Jul 22, 2011
People im absolutely amazed at the misconceptions,hearsay,and fallacious stories being bandied around about the witnesses.For crying out loud,the OP solicited an advise on what to do and not the various diatribes and drivels some of you have been ranting all over.Most of the arm chair critic's that have suddenly become "professional psychologists and psycho analysts" should give the witnesses a break,

Its all about making a choice, either to practice what their religion preaches or to back out.Nobody is forcing nor has forced any one to become a member.Guys pls respect the beliefs and doctrines of witnesses.

@Op if ur religion is dat important to you and non negotiable,why do u think her's wont be to her? Marrying a witness wont bring you solace cos there's a disconnect between the spiritual orientations you both profess.If you really love her and have her interest at heart ,u should consider the implications of what it might result for her emotionally,psychologically and otherwise, Ur gonna be cutting her off from her family and her belief & value system.

For those of you who arrogantly term the witnesses as "sects",kindly consult your encyclopaedia and see what your mainstream religious cum business organizations were termed decades ago.Those witnesses y'all lampoon have won countless legal cases the world over and have established the legal precedent to live their lives according to the dictates of their doctrines.

Its called tolerance and openmind but i'll rather call it "common sense" when speaking on issues ur not well informed on.

I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jul 22, 2011
Its called tolerance and openmind

Soon someone will tell us to be open minded and tolerant towards Boko Haram and their doctrines. Nonsense
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by selingel: 8:32pm On Jul 22, 2011
My brother run! No witness with non-witness relationship works. She wont convert and you wont either. If she attempts to convert, she will be disowned by her family and disfellowshipped by her congression. The whole madness will end in DISASTER!.
Please seek your love elsewhere!.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Akerekoroabijawara(m): 9:51pm On Jul 22, 2011
thread locked:
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Goldieluks: 9:54pm On Jul 22, 2011
Akerekoroabijawara:

thread locked:

did the bolt rejected your choice of names,
that you had to choose this one? undecided ''sounds like a broken story''
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Larrylarex(m): 10:58pm On Jul 22, 2011
It is not easy for a witness to marry a non witness because their beliefs are different and if that is the case which one wil they teach their children with? There wil b problem in the family that was y Witnesses were advised to marry pple with whom they share a mutual belief. @ OP even if u suceeded in marrying her she wil be officially deleted from the congregation that is what we call DISFELLOWSHIPPING(Read 1Cor 7:39; 5:11-13) After this she will definately be remembering d kind of love and organization among Jehovah's People she will luv to be REINSTATED and the family wil become religiously divided, Cant explain enough it is virtually IMPOSSIBLE! Pls Free her even if it's hard to do
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by sleekier(m): 6:20am On Jul 23, 2011
Jesus christ and his disciples were ALSO disliked by a large number of people in his days.
They even named him a cultist ALSO.
But they later realised the true fact even to the extent of accepting his doctrines.
So,I wudnt see a reason why a JW would not ALSO face the same persecutions that Jesus Christ faced.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 7:25am On Jul 23, 2011
sleekier:

Jesus christ and his disciples were ALSO disliked by a large number of people in his days.
They even named him a cultist ALSO.
But they later realised the true fact even to the extent of accepting his doctrines.
So,I wudnt see a reason why a JW would not ALSO face the same persecutions that Jesus Christ faced.

Go and sleep undecided
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Lynosil(m): 8:38am On Jul 23, 2011
You are playing with FIRE! the bible says dont be unequally yoked with unbelivers, i think dating with a jehovah witness is in that line. Love (filow) is quite emotional and will fidlle out with time if God is not involve. Thus look for someone that blends with you emotionally, spiritually and physically. Anything short of this will not work. If she truelly loves you as you claim she should be able to follow to worship your faith, Love is about sacrifise without it then its not LOVE. I think about it! there is God will and Man will, use your tougue to count your teeth.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Sanusilyde(m): 8:39am On Jul 23, 2011
I will start by saying that the chic is still a baby by saying 'jw dont marry outside, she could have mention that its b'cos of her 'personal' believe and her trained conscience, and if the guy truly love her they should discuss her beliefs and why she hold such,if unable to convince the guy its better to break up rather than getting evenly yoked together or having different beliefs that could affect their relationship.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Lynosil(m): 8:52am On Jul 23, 2011
Johovah Witness have some strange believes that is strange to our gospel of christ Eg. They dont receive blood from donor or gives: they believe its wrong, quoting scrptures in old testament, They prefare to die than receive blood or save life, what an irony, a friend almost lost his wife because of this, thank God he acted the right way after alot of pressure and argument from collegue. 2. They dont beleive in Trinity God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirirt. They go around preaching waht? i dont Know. 3. They dont celebrate Jesu Christ but only Jehovah, forgeting that Jesus said i and my father are one. 4. They consume ALCOHOL to stuppor level. 5. They beleiev they will inherit the EARTH, 144 thousand saints stuff, forgeting that should b after rapture and the great tribulation, they preach false doctrine, please stay away from them plus there their girls whether its love and whatsover.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by cbutty: 9:45am On Jul 23, 2011
There is nothing wrong in marrying one of Jehovah's witnesses. they are the best thing that can happen to anyone but you need to be a witness. you need to share her faith and she cannot marry a worldling. she is right and pls do not push it cos you will hurt yourself. why dont you start studying with the witnesses sincerely without any intentions? you will see that you will never be the same. you will come to know the truth, pls do not push my sister.i am equally one of Jehovah's witnesses and i am telling you the truth. i am even surprised she is dating a non witness which makes her not a good example. do not mind what people are saying? can you not see she is simply the best? you can imagine, Jehovah's witnesses are un- comparable please, she is right. will advise you look some where else dear or you simply start studying. hope this doesnt get you angry,
regards, !

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by cbutty: 9:49am On Jul 23, 2011
@Top dog,i respect you, i am very sure you are my brother, well said!
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by cbutty: 9:55am On Jul 23, 2011
@Top dog, i'll like to chat with you, pls contact me on cbutty@ymail.com or you face book.loving your comment.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Desyree: 10:22am On Jul 23, 2011
Jw is a christian organisation that believes that God's name is jehovah and jesus is God's only begotten son. They believe that spirits exist but ghost don't exist. Check ur encyclopedia for the difference btw the 2. They refuse blood because God said in lev 17;14 dt we should not eat blood of any sort. Tell me what the witnesses do that is against the bible and i will prove u wrong
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by lanrewajew(m): 11:47am On Jul 23, 2011
I av bin laughing al tru dis 7-page thread. Ignorance is truly a disease worse than AIDS. I av bin forced 2 put up dis post. @OP, dnt join d christian cong. of Jehovah's Witnesses because u want 2 marry her, join 4 legit reasons. D relationship is on a weak footin already so 4get it, u av enuf reasons 4rm previous posts to xplain y it can't work. I'm sorry. And as 4 al those critics of Jw's, wel its like south sudan criticisin d u.s on hw 2 go about democracy, aren't u funny? U say there is a stupid wal guardin jw's frm lookin outside 2 consider other churches, aren't u crazy? U say d org. is a cult, aren't u retarded. None of dis things make sense! I am so disapointd dat 80% of d posts so far compete with stupidity 4 supremacy. I dnt want 2 criticize any church denominatn here, its nt d sane step bur i'l rather advise people 2 choose wether 2 like Jw's or nt, its a mata of choice. Wen i go to ur door step 2 preach, its either u listen or not! Hey no big deal. I av enuf who av eaten at d tables of 'men of God' but who honestly desire d truth. I am talkin of inteligent individuals who can't be fooled. Sum said they av bin witnesses b4 until they discovered d 'truth' i pity u more. U ar free 2 b a Jw nd u are free 2 go wen u see 'goodies' out der, and wen u come back 2 ya senses we welcome u back. We are Jehovah's Witnesses nd make our voices heard in over 135 countries, our org. is nt a biz venture, we dnt hate other denominatns dats y i wil b at ur door 2mrw preachn. Weda u listen or not its left 2 u nd ur conscience. Sorry OP 4 derailin, but i wont sit and watch as pple say nada they knw of. Peace ther churches, aren't u crazy? U say d org. is a cult, aren't u retarded. None of dis things make sense! I am so disapointd dat 80% of d posts so far compete with stupidity 4 supremacy. I dnt want 2 criticize any church denominatn here, its nt d sane step bur i'l rather advise people 2 choose wether 2 like Jw's or nt, its a mata of choice. Wen i go to ur door step 2 preach, its either u listen or not! Hey no big deal. I av enuf who av eaten at d tables of 'men of God' but who honestly desire d truth. I am talkin of inteligent individuals who can't be fooled. Sum said they av bin witnesses b4 until they discovered d 'truth' i pity u more. U ar free 2 b a Jw nd u are free 2 go wen u see 'goodies' out der, and wen u come back 2 ya senses we welcome u back. We are Jehovah's Witnesses nd make our voices heard in over 135 countries, our org. is nt a biz venture, we dnt hate other denominatns dats y i wil b at ur door 2mrw preachn. Weda u listen or not its left 2 u nd ur conscience. Sorry OP 4 derailin, but i wont sit and watch as pple say nada they knw of. Peace smiley

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jul 23, 2011
They refuse blood because God said in lev 17;14 dt we should not eat blood of any sort.

Sharaaaaap!!!! Is blood transfusion the same as eating blood? Okay since you cultists are bent on following those laws, why don't you  sacrifice animals to atone for your sins(like the murder you commit frequently)

I guess you guys also believe and practice the old Testament verse "And thine eye shall not pity; but life shall go for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot."

You don't allow non-witnesses to come to your homes yet you go around harassing people in their homes on the Sabbath.

Just Shataaap ya mouth there!!! angry angry angry
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by kizini: 12:36pm On Jul 23, 2011
@hectorblaze: Marriage decisions are what you need caution in making a final decision as to who becomes your Life partner. As a prospective husband, you should be looking for a" partner" the word partner emphasizes the kind of person you should look out for! One who shares same belief, Idealogy or someone who has same line of thought as you. As a husband you need to provide for your household both Materially and spiritually as well, now my questions is why enter into a marriage that a line has been drawn on religious differences?

If you marry her this is what you should expect, She wont celebrate Christmas, Birthdays with you. Imagine yourselfs on this periods of the year alone with your wife at home with a different belief. Already there is a friction and when you give birth to children, where are your children going to worship? Guess with you and your wife has a different opinion. So how do you reconcile this? You convert her right? Dont think about, My mama used to tell me dont expect to change someone who has been living with an Idealogy for tweenty sometime years of their lifes maybe you should try your luck but trust me you have a very slim chance.

My own opinion about religion is this : Religion is a science that guides our way of life. In as much as we have different religions in the world, all religion claim to proffer the best way of life. People go on and on in this forum to criticize, de-humanize other peoples religion but wait a minute I use to think we have freedom of association/Religion and choices we make in Life. The Outcome of our actions tells if we have made wrong decisions in our lifes, as an RGGC Member have you for once regretted associating with your Church? As a Catholic church member have you for one regretted being associated with your church as a Jehovah's witnesses have you for once regretted being a member? As a member of deeper life Bible church have you regretted being a part of it? Enough members of the said Places of worship have inner contentment with their beliefs and have continue to practice the way of life being preached to them based on the their doctrines which might be working for them.

It is better you make your decisions now!! when you have the power to change things than when its late. You might decide out of love to change your religion because of her, but that will be a wrong thing to do because religion should be about our worship to God not because of Love of woman. Because if you change because of love you will never give your best to your new religion because you have other ideas from the on-set which might seem as if you were coarse into it.

Why not make a choice from someone who shares same Opinion as you do? It saves you alot. Though finding a mate is not easy. But I believe with the drones of people pumping into your place of worship every time you should find your match there.

Let the girl go, sometimes finding the right partner involves you giving up on others. She has her good qualities but she is not the right one for you, is as simple as that.

But for people who go about criticizing others, without showing why they are better off with their opinions? I rest my case.

I have given you an advice without religious sentiments attached to it.

I will forever remain a Jehovah's Witness and have no regrets about it.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by TopDog1(m): 12:52pm On Jul 23, 2011
@1stCitizen, its obvious your deep seated bias and hostility against the witnesses has beclouded your thinking,which ordinarily ought to be rational.Well i understand, behind such deep seated prejudice lies low self esteem and insecurity.Permit me pls,to expantiate your world view,

Basic Assumptions:

Religion is a choice and humans as free moral agents have the right to "decide,infer,opine and practice the religous doctrines and beliefs which they voluntarily suscribe to".

People have different value systems which determine their behaviours and attitude.

Based on these assumptions,we can then logically deduce that:

The witnesses as religious entities have certain rules and regulations which regulates all aspects of their organization and the dynamics of interaction within such organization.Invariably these belief system serves as a code of ethics which members suscribe to.

The OP alluded to his "ambition and dreams of fulfilling his aim of being a pastor in his religious organization",which "would not permit him to contemplate leaving his church,"despite purportedly "loving the witness lady.Therein lies the dilemma, Does the witness lady also have the right to hold on to her religious beliefs teneciously? Or is she inferior to the man and as such,has no right to hold her religious inclinations,especially "when it exhorts her to marry only in the Lord"?      

Even if the OP goes ahead to marry her,he is definitely in for a suprise cos they wont bond.Her happiness,emotional stability and religious propensities will be affected and this will,defintely exact a heavy toil on the marriage.

As to your derisive comparison of the witnesses to 'Boko Haram',in regards to having  an open mind and being tolerant,i say kudos.Yeah kudos cos it only displays your crass ignorance of the societal rules of comparative criticism.You dont criticise what you know nothing about.You dont sit in the comfort of your house and spew thrash,rather you investigate and gather facts,so that you can see the larger picture.

Once again,i rest my case.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by lanrewajew(m): 1:04pm On Jul 23, 2011
Well said! wink
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by TopDog1(m): 1:14pm On Jul 23, 2011
@lanrewajew ,

How far? Enjoyed your write up.Nice point.Oshe gan.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by TopDog1(m): 1:17pm On Jul 23, 2011
@kizini,

Gbam.Your point was detailed,precise and fantastic.

Im so impressed.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by godunia(m): 1:24pm On Jul 23, 2011
All those hating the Witnesses are fulfilling what s recorded at John 17:14 which speak of the world hating the true followers of Jesus Christ.i m glad non of our brothers  stole and made Nigerians and the world at large what it is today.the Akingbola's,Ibrus etc are not Jw.If we are condenmed because we are corrupt,adulterers,thieves and any other vices that brings reproach to the Name of the true God,then ur hatred is justified but if u hate us because of things u do not understand thats ok,after all majority hated  the disciples of Christ thats why they were persecuted and killed eg Apostle Paul.we love life but not more than God,so we are obedient to Gods commandment even at the expense of our lives just Like Jesus.Jesus did not allow himself to be killed because he hated life but because Gods will is better than life itself.Accept a bible study and no what we believe or hate us and continue in yr ignorance.Over 7 millions persons in over 235 lands including islands are carrying out the commandment of christ to preach and teach  and those dispose for everlasting life are coming in day and night.Day and night we preach and from house to house even under d sun and rain,what do u do for God?oh u pay tithes,ummmmmm.Is that all u do for God?contact any jw near u to teach u how to work for God and not the other way around.Greetings to u all.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by kizini: 1:26pm On Jul 23, 2011
@Top Dog: Thanks. You can buzz me
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 23, 2011
@1stCitizen, its obvious your deep seated bias and hostility against the witnesses has beclouded your thinking,which ordinarily ought to be rational.Well i understand, behind such deep seated prejudice lies low self esteem and insecurity.Permit me pls,to expantiate your world view,

Thanks TOPDOG for the shallow comment above which goes a million miles to show how deep, the mind bending tactics of your sect has erased all form of reality  from the feeble minds of you lot. You bunch live in a world where there is no love ,NOT EVEN FOR YOURSELVES. and you claim to follow Christ. I gave you a live example of my early experience with your cult and how the life of a helpless woman was extinguished simply because you have been brainwashed.

You talk about insecurity and low self esteem. Very interesting. Let me borrow a quote from a link posted earlier which I hope your beclouded mind will take time to read. please note the bolded." The cult(Jehovah Witness) uses mind control tools to keep members in line such as: milieu control, loaded language, demand for purity, confession, mystical manipulation, doctrine over person, sacred science, dispensing of existence, control of environment, closed logic, and most of all fear"

FEAR!!![/b]Now lets take that word and examine low self esteem. There is a general consensus amongst psychologists that PEOPLE WITH LOW SELF ESTEEM ARE RULED BY FEAR SO THEY TRY TO LIVE IN CONTROLLED ENVIRONMENTS. The second word is [b]CONTROLLED ENVIRONMENT.PEOPLE CHOOSE TO SEGREGATE THEMSELVES AND LIVE IN CONTROLLED ENVIRONMENTS DUE TO INSECURITY. Thanks for spewing out your greatest characteristics and tools. Your leaders and even parents start to sow these seeds of FEAR in you at a tender age  to ensure you cannot rise above[b] their closed logic[/b] These are 1. No patriotism (I dare you to counter this)  2. No after School Activities or association with non-witnesses 3. No Holidays or the fun of childhood.4. the idea that every non-witness is evil. The result? [b]LOW SELF ESTEEM AND INSECURITY [/b]Please tell me if this is how to raise mentally healthy children who would tomorrow become adults like you.

Mind you, I have posted facts and links of how deeply destructive your ways are to the physical well being of an individual, to family life and society in general and have no apology for it. I have associated with many of you over the last 30 years and in some cases even intimately and done extensive research on your literature at a point when I was ALMOST in the OP's shoes and I know WHAT YOU STAND FOR.

I may seem biased toward you(NO APOLOGIES AGAIN) and may take a comparative stance in terms of you and Boko Haram. Yes I DO for one reason. ONE SECT DESTROYS PEOPLE WITH VIOLENCE AND THE OTHER WITH FEAR AND CONTROL.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Desyree: 5:48pm On Jul 23, 2011
That is a big lie. U can go to the internet and find out who jw's are for real. Everything we do is based on the bible. Everything i mean everything.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by MyJoe: 7:39pm On Jul 23, 2011
Top Dog:

People im absolutely amazed at the misconceptions,hearsay,and fallacious stories being bandied around about the witnesses.
Right. It is indeed wrong to peddle misconceptions and hearsays and people need to desist from such acts. But many religions suffer this problem. As long as you are not mainstream people are bound to misunderstand you and say all sort of things, true, false and partly true.

Top Dog:
For crying out loud,the OP solicited an advise on what to do and not the various diatribes and drivels some of you have been ranting all over.Most of the arm chair critic's that have suddenly become "professional psychologists and psycho analysts" should give the witnesses a break,
I talked a bit of psychology in my post at page 5 and I stand by every single word of that post and my other posts. I wrote in response to something written by a Witness who is of the erroneous belief that the cognitive dissonance suffered by ex-Witnesses is evidence of the superiority of Watchtower ideas. Some psychologists have studied this matter and there is considerable text on it, but I would expect you are not familiar with such since you are forbidden from reading such materials. Some will even say you are excommunicated from our God-given right to free thought.

You talk of giving the Witnesses a break. Well, many will find that a tad hypocritical since the Witnesses never give anyone a break. The JWs are the world’s most aggressive religion. I doubt you can expect to push your message at people’s faces in their houses and at street corners and not be talked about.

Top Dog:
Its all about making a choice, either to practice what their religion preaches or to back out.Nobody is forcing nor has forced any one to become a member.Guys pls respect the beliefs and doctrines of witnesses.
Right. The Witnesses merely use something called “coercive persuasion”. While looking through the religions of the world, I have come across one or two other religions that use this method, but the Witnesses are most aggressive and effective at it. Still, you are right. People are not physically forced to become Witnesses and once you accept to be a member, you are expected to abide by the rules since at the time of joining you must have found out at some point that you are not allowed to read the Bible or observe world events and give your own interpretation. You must have known you are expected to comply absolutely with anything dished out by the church’s leadership as the latest truth without passing it through your own intellectual process or questioning it in any way. You have must have known that you gave up your right to free thought where religion is concerned once you joined.

Top Dog:
@Op if your religion is dat important to you and non negotiable,why do u think her's wont be to her? Marrying a witness wont bring you solace cos there's a disconnect between the spiritual orientations you both profess.If you really love her and have her interest at heart ,u should consider the implications of what it might result for her emotionally,psychologically and otherwise, your gonna be cutting her off from her family and her belief & value system.
Right. Guy probably doesn’t know the implications it would have on her relationship with her family of birth. I think these are issues they ought to consider and should only go ahead if they are prepared to put up with.

Top Dog:
For those of you who arrogantly term the witnesses as "sects",kindly consult your encyclopaedia and see what your mainstream religious precipitate business organizations were termed decades ago.
Right. A lot of religions suffer all sorts of things at some point in their history. The question is why? The reasons are usually not the same.

Top Dog:
Those witnesses y'all lampoon have won countless legal cases the world over and have established the legal precedent to live their lives according to the dictates of their doctrines.
With respect, Mr Top Dog, this is really not relevant here. There isn’t necessarily a connection between what is legal and what is right. Besides, the Witnesses have also lost many legal cases which you won’t read about in Watchtower and Awake, just as they don’t publish things related to other negatives, including the countless Witnesses that take blood transfusion – ask your doctor friend. It is all a part of an elaborate scheme of the organization to keep members in check by filtering information access and insulating them from reality. This creates Witnesses who are unaware of the uneasiness of life caused by religious literalism, since they are only aware of stories that end well. That is why Witnesses almost always display a childlike response to complex world situations. Bad governance? God’s kingdom is around the corner!

Top Dog:
Its called tolerance and openmind but i'll rather call it "common sense" when speaking on issues your not well informed on.
Right. But the Witnesses do not make a consistent application of freedom of religion and tolerance. They are hypocrites in this matter. My assertion is borne out by the humiliation and rejection Witnesses who call it quits are subjected to and the documented cases of suffering some young persons have received at the hands of their Witness parents for repudiating the religion. You are right about uninformed people making unformed statements, but, sir, I am far better informed than you in this matter since you only have access to Soviet-style managed information.

Besides, the Witnesses are the most (No. 1) closed-minded set of people alive. I recognise that religion does this to people – once you accept it you don’t question it, it’s simply the nature of religion. But Catholics don’t disobey every whim of the Pope at the risk of being expelled and publicly humiliated. I have spoken to members of RCCG who disagree with Enoch Adeboye on some of his crack pot ideas and are still happily members of the church.

I observe we have been getting a lot of automated posts here, people disgorging things they read in Watchtower and Awake – “Jesus and his disciples were also disliked”. So what? Isn’t Boko Haram disliked? Does that make them right? Okay, the Witnesses have not been disliked for murder, stealing, or something. Really? Who told you the Witnesses have not been disliked for committing murder? If today you tell someone that he should not take whole blood or blood parts and claim the Bible says so, and tomorrow you change your mind and say the Bible no longer says he should reject blood parts have you not murdered those who died as a result of obeying your first instruction which you invoked the Bible upon? And when a few years down the line you re-invoke scriptural ban on blood parts, only to change mind your and lift it, and then change it again, and then again, should anyone really take you seriously and are you not guilty of mass murder?
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by DanielGb(m): 7:44pm On Jul 23, 2011

That is the problem with Human Beings, We 4get we serve 1 God, and focus so much on a particular Church Doctrine. Paul says in the Bible that Jesus owns the Church, why then do you have to separate your self from other sub-bodies that promote the ministry of Jesus Christ.

My point is this, we need to wise up from our ignorance, this is a world that you can marry who so ever you like, all it takes is if you LOVE that person by his/her ATTITUDE/ BEHAVIOURS.

JESUS doesn't want all this we are doing, we are only making things difficult 4 ourselves. I believe in a world of POSITIVE CHARACTER AND GENEROSITY. Daddy G.O Never 4 once says because this pastor is not a REDEEMED Pastor i won't call you for HOLY GHOST SERVICE never, that is what we call LOVE.

MY ADVICE:
If she agrees to follow your side as the head of the family, stay with her, but if she prefer her WITNESS whatever than you then leave her alone, God Grant you another better Wife.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by MyJoe: 7:45pm On Jul 23, 2011
cbutty:

@Top dog, i'll like to chat with you, pls contact me on cbutty@ymail.com or you face book.loving your comment.
Eazyoooo! Internet huzban dey backfaya o!  wink Before we see a thread: What is Wrong with Marrying Someone You Met on Nairaland?  smiley

@kizini

I respect your balanced post. Kudos. What you say about religion reflects my personal view. The only possible difference between us is that I am not afraid to draw the obvious conclusion arising from what you stated so brilliantly, which is that the Lord God is above religion and will not justify or reject anyone on the basis of what they believed in. I believe God will justify us on the basis of the lives we live. (Matt 25:31-46) Jesus summarized it for us: Love your neighbour as yourself. Religions are cultural phenomena with everyone believing they know the mind of God. They arose out of man’s attempt to make sense of the cosmos. I believe some religions are better than others because they preach universal love – but that is for the good of humanity. God is above religion.

People will always criticize religion. Religion is in our face, you know. Universities all over the world have departments of religions. I think religion is fair game for criticism. Especially when they try to recruit us. Freedom of association or religion is not the issue here since religions are allowed to freely propagate their faiths. It is freedom of religion that allows you knock on doors. The same freedom allows people to criticize your religion. As long as it is all done peacefully like you people preach peacefully. You contradict yourself if you preach and then turn out to claim freedom of religion when people criticize you.

I agree with you that whatever people believe in and get inner contentment they should be respected. Well, ordinarily.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by andyanders: 8:10pm On Jul 23, 2011
Just stop fantasizing. Just let her be. Jehovah Witness people are the worst pretenders. They are the most private prost-i-tute I have ever come across. I have dated at least 3 of them. They pretend not to have anything to do with the opposite sex. They are very secretive and love to hide and play game. One of them I had friend was cant just have normal sex unless she suc--ks my 6' dig. She cant do without suc--king. Everyday, she asks for it. Cos of that, I ran away from her ‘cos I believed that I wouldn't be the only one. They know how to cheat behind you and you can’t find out. One, she must have a member sleeping with her secretly and you, just satisfying her sexuall--y. When it is time to marry, she will marry her member. A friend forcefully married one and when she got pregnant and was rushed to the hospital and was told be the Dr that she will be operated on, her sisters and mother started attacking the guy and told their sister that they warned her to come out of the marriage and she refused. Now, after she was operated and she lost the baby because she refused to take blood transfusion as her parents refused blood transfusion as it was against their practice. Just let her go. Very troublesome people.  The only way is if you join them.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Desyree: 8:36pm On Jul 23, 2011
Eating blood and blood transfusion are d same. If a doctor tells u to stop drinking alchohol, would it be wise for u to inject it into ur veins? Is it not the same as taking it in tru drinking?
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by cbutty: 10:55pm On Jul 23, 2011
@my joe, aint yu funny? we are simply brothers and sisters and can mingle any how we want, or are you saying i would have rather asked you to chat with me?? it's really sad the way some people talk on social Network,
meanwhile,for your information,i am not looking for a husband,
@Topdog, na fight? you are taking this whole JW's thing on your head and you are even arguing blindly, c'mon,take it easy pls

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I'm Scared Of Marriage Because Of The Married Women I Dated. / Can You Marry Someone That Can't Read Or Write But Gives You Peace Of Mind? / Fellow Nairalanders You All Are Specially Invited To My Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.