Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,985 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation (5763 Views)

Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. / Biafra: Hausa In Onitsha Go Into Hiding- The Punch / Abuja Natives Decry Omission From Ministerial List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by aljharem3: 1:06am On Jul 22, 2011
Leaders of Yoruba and Hausa Communities in Enugu State, Chief Ade Johnson-Adeyelu and Alhaji Haruna Sule, have cried out over what they described as endless marginalisation of the people of the two communities by the state government.

In separate interviews on Monday, the two leaders regretted that all attempts made to appeal to the state government to give the people of the affected communities a sense of belonging proved abortive.

They said, “The Yoruba and Hausa communities have been good to both the people and government of Enugu State. They have been doing everything expected of non-indigenes in Enugu State. We don’t think they have done anything wrong to warrant the kind of endless marginalisation they have been subjected to in the state for a long time now.”

The leader of the Yoruba Community, Adeyelu, said, “The Enugu State government has done well in making Enugu peaceful for both indigenes and non-indigenes in the state. But then, I will advise the government to look into the plight of non-indigenes in the state, like every other state government in the country. The Lagos State government appointed an Igbo man commissioner in the state. That gives an average Igbo man a sense of belonging.”

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?datex=2010&theartic=Art201107212372637
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by ezeagu(m): 1:09am On Jul 22, 2011
Did the writer stop his article half way, this story seems "abortive". Is this issue about land again?
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by aljharem3: 1:13am On Jul 22, 2011
ezeagu:

Did the writer stop his article half way, this story seems "abortive". Is this issue about land again?

it is about integration and not land, if yorubas in lagos and hausas in kano can do it why can't igbos allow them too to rule undecided
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by ezeagu(m): 1:14am On Jul 22, 2011
What is "Igbos", I thought Enugu was a state?
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by Nobody: 1:16am On Jul 22, 2011
They should demand for an "Awolowo state" and an "Arewa State" in Enugu tongue cheesy

In all hopes, the Yoruba and Hausas will learn to work together for a common goal on this one. Last time that happened, shiot happened.
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by Chyz2: 1:17am On Jul 22, 2011
The article is funny. What is the complaint about exactly? The author was being very ambiguous. I suspect tribal motive behind it.
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by aljharem3: 1:18am On Jul 22, 2011
ezeagu:

What is "Igbos", I thought Enugu was a state?
it is a state that is majority igbo, why can't peter obi Mr tribalist put other groups in the state appointment like it is done in the north and west

that is not the right way to go about it. We need to be integrated and not acting smart think obi can eat his cake and have it
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by Blackteeth(m): 1:18am On Jul 22, 2011
Yorubas shouldnt be relevant in enugu because they are just 0.5% of enugu population.
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by Chyz2: 1:19am On Jul 22, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

They should demand for an "Awolowo state" and an "Arewa State" in Enugu tongue cheesy

In all hopes, the Yoruba and Hausas will learn to work together for a common goal on this one. Last time that happened, shiot happened.

I agree. They should demand a state. Makes sense. We need an extra state in the east after anioma.
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by aljharem3: 1:19am On Jul 22, 2011
Blackteeth:

Yorubas shouldnt be relevant in enugu because they are just 0.5% of enugu population.  

who told you that please, do u think when alex101 was telling u about the amount of yorubas in the east, u think say na joke

remember madonna univerity say about 30% yorubas in the university
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by aljharem3: 1:19am On Jul 22, 2011
Chyz*:

The article is funny. What is the complaint about exactly? The author was being very ambiguous. I suspect tribal motive behind it.

ethnic motive on peter obi's part
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by Nobody: 1:19am On Jul 22, 2011
Blackteeth:

Majority rule, Minority right.

This is not only about Yorubas, but other minority groups too.
Why is it that Yorubaland easily accommodates non-Yorubas, but Igbolands can't achieve the same goal?
I read an article a while ago of the same ish happening in Anambra. Ridiculous.
Eventually, with the lack of jobs in Lagos, more Yorubas and Hausas, Fulanis and other groups will be pouring into the SE.
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by Chyz2: 1:21am On Jul 22, 2011
alj_harem:

ethnic motive on peter obi's part

Peter obi isnt even the governor of Enugu. Shows how much u know,lol tongue
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by aljharem3: 1:22am On Jul 22, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Minority rule, majority right.
This is not only about Yorubas, but other minority groups.
Why is it that Yorubaland easily accommodation non-Yorubas, but Igbolands can't achieve the same goal?

yorubas and northerner are not minorities in anambra, enugu and rivers state

in anambra and enugu alone u would not suspect the amount of yorubas you see

yorubas easly blend to enivroment just like in the north and would look like one of us. there are alot of people that u would think they are igbo but they are yorubas, same with northerner

rivers state is almost becoming a yoruba state, port harcourt
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by aljharem3: 1:23am On Jul 22, 2011
Chyz*:

Peter obi isnt even the governor of Enugu. Shows how much u know,lol tongue

not the governor sorry that is anambra

chime
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by Nobody: 1:25am On Jul 22, 2011
Alj harem, in your post, can you modify "accommodation" to "accommodates". I'm busying filing a case study, typing fast.
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by Chyz2: 1:25am On Jul 22, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Majority rule, Minority right.

This is not only about Yorubas, but other minority groups too.
Why is it that Yorubaland easily accommodation non-Yorubas, but Igbolands can't achieve the same goal?
Eventually, with the lack of jobs in Lagos, more Yorubas and Hausas, Fulanis and other group will be pouring into the SE.

^^^ Read below, dummy:

alj_harem:

The leader of the Yoruba Community, Adeyelu, said, “The Enugu State government has done well in making Enugu peaceful for both indigenes and non-indigenes in the state.
http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?datex=2010&theartic=Art201107212372637
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by bashr4: 1:25am On Jul 22, 2011
alj what exactly are they complaining about ? political appointment(we have idomas that are enugu natives too)? land(land is not free anywhere)? pilgrimage(enugu govt should have no buisness with that afterall its a christian state)? jobs(federal presence is low in enugu so residents depend on state and private sector and enugu dont really have a big economy)?
i know you had tribalist intentions when posting this thread but i dont see what the complaint is about.

as long as no body is harrasing anybody in enugu na all man to himself.
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by Chyz2: 1:27am On Jul 22, 2011
alj_harem:

yorubas and northerner are not minorities in anambra, enugu and rivers state

in anambra and enugu alone u would not suspect the amount of yorubas you see

yorubas easly blend to enivroment just like in the north and would look like one of us. there are alot of people that u would think they are igbo but they are yorubas, same with northerner

rivers state is almost becoming a yoruba state, port harcourt

@ the bolded, you've obviously never been to PH not to talk of anywhere period in Rivers state,lol. grin
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by Nobody: 1:28am On Jul 22, 2011
Chyz*:

^^^ Read below, dummy:

Boy, article says Enugu Govt has done well in sustaining peace, but the article is implying that marginalization is still a difficulty non-indigence of Enugu goes through. I'm sure the article title is not hard to miss.

Evidently, There's still a problem that needs to be solved; marginalization.
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by aljharem3: 1:32am On Jul 22, 2011
bashr4:

alj what exactly are they complaining about ? political appointment(we have idomas that are enugu natives too)? land(land is not free anywhere)? pilgrimage(enugu govt should have no buisness with that afterall its a christian state)? jobs(federal presence is low in enugu so residents depend on state and private sector and enugu dont really have a big economy)?
i know you had tribalist intentions when posting this thread but i dont see what the complaint is about.

as long as no body is harrasing anybody in enugu na all man to himself.

a beg leave tribal intention and lets face the matter squally

all man for himself but ohaneze can beg for post in other states

that is not right, if nigerians are trying to integrate people in their states, i believe the SE can do the same to show their intent

each time the SE taalk of marginaisation in kano and lagos, nigerians have a sense of pity for their brothers(becos we are brothers) and try to appoint them as much as they can even against the intentions of the locals

why can the same be done in the SE

idoma does not mean u are integrating, same as lagos used iragiji to goven them and itsekiri as well

we are talking about hausa or yoruba here
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by Blackteeth(m): 1:32am On Jul 22, 2011
I think the best thing to detribalize Nigeria is for all ethnic groups to mix up evenly everywhere. 50% of yorubas, igbos and hausas should move to other regions of Nigeria which is not their homebase. When they live together for years, tribalisim will clear from their eyes.
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by bashr4: 1:33am On Jul 22, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Boy, article says Enugu Govt has done well in sustaining peace, but the article is implying that marginalization is still a difficulty non-indigence of Enugu goes through. I'm sure the article title is not hard to miss.

and what has he done for the indigens, you dont know the south east nobody has time to breast feed or spoon feed anybody , na all man to himself whether your from enugu or not no concern anybody. the same applies to all the states in nigeria.
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by Chyz2: 1:33am On Jul 22, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Well evidently the article doesn't say what the marginalization is.  If it is land again., they can keep dreaming. It is not for free in Igboland. If it is government handouts to keep up with the indigenes, its not going to happen. Igbos are naturally competitive so if you cant keep up then thats your own wahala. I dont know who would allow that article to be published. Its seriously half baked.
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by Chyz2: 1:36am On Jul 22, 2011
alj_harem:

that is not right, if nigerians are trying to integrate people in their states, i believe the SE can do the same to show their intent

each time the SE taalk of marginaisation in kano and lagos, nigerians have a sense of pity for their brothers(becos we are brothers) and try to appoint them as much as they can even against the intentions of the locals

idoma does not mean u are integrating, same as lagos used iragiji to goven them and itsekiri as well

Has Ogun, Ekiti, Osun, Ondo, Oyo done what you are talking of for the Igbo?
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by bashr4: 1:37am On Jul 22, 2011
alj_harem:

when did southeasterners cry marginalisation in other states? i know about cases they complained of their markets or properties destroyed by govts which shows they never depended on the govt in the first place, pls i dont know what your intentions are but the hausas and the yorubas i see in enugu go about their buisness without harrasment just as you said in the south east you dont even know who is igbo,efik ,ibibio,ijaw or yoruba.
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by aljharem3: 1:39am On Jul 22, 2011
Chyz*:

Has Ogun, Ekiti, Osun, Ondo, Oyo done what you are talking of for the Igbo?

they don't have to do it, they have done it in one state and it is upto A SE governor to talk the right thing and do the right thing. Nothing last forever
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by ezeagu(m): 1:41am On Jul 22, 2011
There are just some articles that do not deserve attention. Obviously this is one of the articles lesser active journalists create to seem like they're working. End of discussion.
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by Nobody: 1:41am On Jul 22, 2011
Chyz*:

Well evidently the article doesn't say what the marginalization is.  If it is land again., they can keep dreaming. I tis not for free in Igboland. If it is government handouts to keep up with the indigenes, its not going to happen igbos are naturally competitive so if you can keep up then thats your own wahala. I dont know who would allow that article to be published. Its seriously half baked.

Judging from your post, one can easily assume that your thoughts are misguided. It's not about handing free land or any other sorts of handouts. Please read clearly, especially where the article stated that both groups are being denied their national rights of "a sense of belonging" in any state of their choice in Nigeria. Give them those rights so that they can easily expand and prosper.

Let me quickly shift from the topic to point out that if Enugu people are declining such alienable rights, then why are the same group crying for FESTAC state in another region which does not "belong" to them?

bashr4:

and what has he done for the indigens, you dont know the south east nobody has time to bosom feed or spoon feed anybody , na all man to himself whether your from enugu or not no concern anybody. the same applies to all the states in nigeria.

Again, read my post to chyz. Seems like you're both misguided.
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by aljharem3: 1:42am On Jul 22, 2011
bashr4:

when did southeasterners cry marginalisation in other states? i know about cases they complained of their markets or properties destroyed by govts which shows they never depended on the govt in the first place, pls i dont know what your intentions are but the hausas and the yorubas i see in enugu go about their buisness without harrasment just as you said in the south east you dont even know who is igbo,efik ,ibibio,ijaw or yoruba.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2010/11/05/we%E2%80%99ve-been-marginalised-in-lagos/

excatly, u can nt easly identify a yoruba or ibibio man in the SE does not mean they are not there
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by Chyz2: 1:43am On Jul 22, 2011
alj_harem:

they don't have to do it, they have done it in one state and it is upto A SE governor to talk the right thing and do the right thing. Nothing last forever

Case closed then. Enugu has done it before, so go figure. Also, Rochas has also appointed a Yoruba.
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by aljharem3: 1:43am On Jul 22, 2011
ezeagu:

There are just some articles that do not deserve attention. Obviously this is one of the articles lesser active journalists create to seem like they're working. End of discussion.

does not deserve attention since it is not igbos being marginalised. anyhow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Update From Your Area On The Rainfall In Lagos / CAN, Catholic Church Condemn Kano Attack / Bayelsa Community That Has Never Had a Health Centre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.