Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,947 members, 7,835,153 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation (5788 Views)

Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. / Biafra: Hausa In Onitsha Go Into Hiding- The Punch / Abuja Natives Decry Omission From Ministerial List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by Nobody: 2:17am On Jul 22, 2011
Onlytruth:

I would temporarily leave the thread with an age old Igbo proverb which goes this way: Nnunu isi akaghi aka adighi aga ogu otukpokpo -
a bird with a weak skull does not pick a fight with a woodpecker.

Settling outside ones tribal region in Nigeria is akin to a bird engaging a woodpecker in a fight.

It ain't tea party! undecided cry

So man up and settle, or go back home. Shikena.  cool
Onlytruth:

Posted by: Ileke-IdI
They did not. Nobody gave us any chance anywhere outside Igboland.
You talk about the North as if we just give them our necks to cut in every riot.
Even before Nigeria's independence, Igbos always fought back when attacked in the north.
The 1966 pogrom was devastating because Northern Nigerian army personnel participated in the killing of Igbos.

The question then is this; Are Yorubas prepared to die in thousands like the Hausa? I don't think so.

In essence they are doing only what they can. It is just that Iboman get thick skull.  cool

Misguided thinking or no thinking at all. Hard to decide with these posts.

So to gain an equal footing in Igboland, the Yorubas and Hausas must die in millions? Have you seen a psychotherapist lately?
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by adejoro75: 2:17am On Jul 22, 2011
Apparently these Yorubas and Hausas in Enugu have been lazying about and complaining for free handouts and free Hadj ever since

This topic was discussed here extensively in the past Read https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-343405.0.html
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by Nobody: 2:17am On Jul 22, 2011
bashr4:

there no point derailing this thread cus i dont see what the complaint is about.

Why are you stopping him? If I need the thread cleaned, it would have been cleaned by now. Something to keep his little mind busy in the meanwhile.
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by bashr4: 2:18am On Jul 22, 2011
ezeagu:

Derailment of what thread. I have absolutely noooooo idea of what you're talking about. grin I'm only encouraging Odua lands most bright and brainy to see the light and head east.

just let it be ,SE remains the only non tribalist region in  nigeria lets keep it that way.
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by Nobody: 2:18am On Jul 22, 2011
bashr4:

rubbish , you still have mentioned what they were denied ,SE is open to everybody its not as if the bank that give loans to start buisness belong to igbos., not as if federal government have investments in igboland , people depend on themselves and the little enugu state govt (which is not even oil producing or a big economy) can dash out.

It's not rubbish. It's a factual post. Read it again for better understanding.  wink
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by ezeagu(m): 2:20am On Jul 22, 2011
bashr4:

just let it be ,SE remains the only non tribalist region in  nigeria lets keep it that way.

Exactly.

[center]Her husband just told her she's moving to Aba.

[/center]
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by bashr4: 2:21am On Jul 22, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

It's not rubbish. It's a factual post. Read it again for better understanding.  wink

i have read it over and over again , unless they are asking for political appointment then its up to the govenore besides they have been appointing non igbos.
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by Onlytruth(m): 2:22am On Jul 22, 2011

Misguided thinking or no thinking at all. Hard to decide with these posts.

So to gain an equal footing in Igboland, the Yorubas and Hausas must die in millions? Have you seen a psychotherapist lately?

So, why are you complaining then?
My people also say that agwa nwata ihe a na eme were aba ogaranya osi ka o ha kwa ka o ha! If you tell a poor kid the burden of getting rich, he would rather remain poor.

I don't need a psychotherapist. Your men simply need balls or they should shut up.  cool
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by Nobody: 2:24am On Jul 22, 2011
Onlytruth:

So, why are you complaining then?
My people also say that agwa nwata ihe a na eme were aba ogaranya osi ka o ha kwa ka o ha! If you tell a poor kid the burden of getting rich, he would rather remain poor.

I don't need a psychotherapist. Your men simply need balls or they should shut up.  cool

Why wont I complain when your post makes no sense at all.

In a "unified" country, why should millions die in Igboland in order to stop marginalization? Aside from North, SE has to be a tribalistic region.

bashr4:

i have read it over and over again , unless they are asking for political appointment then its up to the govenore besides they have been appointing non igbos.
You have not read it "again", continue reading until you gain proper comprehension from the informative post.
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by ezeagu(m): 2:24am On Jul 22, 2011
[center]

She just watched a programme on Igboland. . . . . in Ibadan. cry[/center]
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by adejoro75: 2:25am On Jul 22, 2011
No Yoruba has been killed or maimed in the East
But 100s of Igbos have been felled by Yoruba touts and area boys while 1000000s of Igbos have been liquidated in the North
SE is the most peaceful place for non-indigenes
On a good day, Igbos will rather kill themselves than touching a non-indigene
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by Onlytruth(m): 2:30am On Jul 22, 2011

Why wont I complain when your post makes no sense at all.

In a "unified" country, why should millions die in Igboland in order to stop marginalization? Aside from North, SE has to be a tribalistic region.

Are you sure you are well? REALLY.

Who posted this:

Actually, they did. If we gave you no sense of belonging or if we did not accommodate you, the same thing that is happening to your people in Jos and other Northern states would be hapening in Yorubaland now. Are you getting comfortable because Yorubas do not implement violence in their everyday life?

You were the first to raise the issue of security of life and property for settlers and I answered this:

They did not. Nobody gave us any chance anywhere outside Igboland.
You talk about the North as if we just give them our necks to cut in every riot.
Even before Nigeria's independence, Igbos always fought back when attacked in the north.
The 1966 pogrom was devastating because Northern Nigerian army personnel participated in the killing of Igbos.

The question then is this; Are Yorubas prepared to die in thousands like the Hausa? I don't think so.

In essence they are doing only what they can. It is just that Iboman get thick skull

BTW where did you get the MILLIONS from. I never said anything about millions of people dying.

You need help walahi.  undecided
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by Nobody: 2:31am On Jul 22, 2011
Onlytruth:

Are you sure you are well? REALLY.

Who posted this:

You were the first to raise the issue of security of life and property for settlers and I answered this:

BTW where did you get the MILLIONS from. I never said anything about millions of people dying.

You need help walahi.  undecided

Oh ok. . . .

You meant thousands. That makes it so much better.
Not millions, but thousands must die in Igboland before equality can be achieved.

When you start seeing your psychotherapist(s), let me know so that I can start taking you serious. Arrantious nonsensial.

Back to filing my case study. Enough mingling with little boys.
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by ak47mann(m): 2:36am On Jul 22, 2011
i remember we had a yoruba teacher in my school in onitsha  her name was miss tomike  the first time she landed in my school she came out from her car all the SS3 student was shouting so i came out to see why they were shouting for my first time in my life i saw the most BIG ROUNDED A.S.S. the Bottom was moving as she walk most of the student never forget that A.S.S. till today that night i had a dream about that A.S.S.from then most student started  attending her class on a regular basis she was our economics teacher, we just sit their and watch her A.S.S  grin grin grin
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by Onlytruth(m): 2:37am On Jul 22, 2011

You meant thousands. That makes it so much better.
Not millions, but thousands must die in Igboland before equality can be achieved.

When you start seeing your psychotherapists, let me know so that I can start taking you serious. Arrantious nonsensial.

You clearly need help!

I never knew fear can also cause delusion.

Tell your folks to die like we've been dying in your land and North, and still staying and buying more properties. That is the story of settlers, else they should run back to oduduwa land as usual.  hehehe! grin
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by adejoro75: 2:40am On Jul 22, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Back to filing my case study, of this girl who killed her landlady

Female tenant stabs landlady to death

Tunde Odesola, Osogbo

A 30-year-old female tenant, Olamide Alonge, has been remanded in prison custody by an Osogbo Magistrate's Court for allegedly stabbing her landlady, Mrs. Kehinde Awopetu, to death.

advertisement

The charge sheet read in court on Tuesday alleged that Alonge stabbed Awopetu to death on July 10, 2011 at 34, Oke-Ola area of Isokun in Ilesa at 10:30am.

The offence, according to the charge sheet, is punishable under Section 308, Cap 34, Laws of Osun State, 2003.

The prosecutor, Sgt. Joshua Oladoye, appeared on behalf of the state while the suspect had no lawyer.

A police source disclosed to our correspondent after the court hearing that the landlady went to Alonge's apartment to effect her ejection when a scuffle broke out, resulting in the landlady's death.

The magistrate ordered Alonge to be remanded in Ilesa prison till August 19, 2011 when the case would come up in court.

In a related incident, the same court has remanded a 35-year-old farmer, Azeez Adeyemi, in prison custody over an allegation that he caused the death of an 80-year-old woman, Limota Jimoh.

The charge sheet read in court, on Tuesday, alleged that the suspect committed the offence on July 5, 2011 at Olo Farm in Ila-Orangun, Osun State.

According to the one-count charge, the suspect allegedly caused the death of the deceased by inflicting her with head injury, leading to her death.

The charge sheet said the victim died from the injury five days later.

Oladoye represented the state but the suspect had no legal representation when the case came up.

Ijiyode ordered Adeyemi to be remanded in Ilesa prison.
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by EzeUche(m): 3:12am On Jul 22, 2011
ezeagu:

[center]

She just watched a programme on Igboland. . . . . in Ibadan. cry[/center]

shocked shocked shocked

Beautiful! She is welcomed to come to Alaigbo.
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by ak47mann(m): 3:16am On Jul 22, 2011
thats a fine yoruba girl they are always well come tongue tongue
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by aljharem(m): 3:29am On Jul 22, 2011
EzeUche:

shocked shocked shocked

Beautiful! She is welcomed to come to Alaigbo.
ak47mann:

thats a fine yoruba girl they are always well come tongue tongue
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

one said beauty other said fine yoruba girl

u want them in aligbo grin grin grin grin grin . onye ori grin grin grin
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by 9javoice1(m): 3:36am On Jul 22, 2011
ALA Igbo is not home for the weak nor the fools. you must be a good competitor to survive in alaigbo
I got the point they are making perfectly well:

1)in sw fed government solves for them 30% of problem while
state government solve for them 50% and individual fills the gap of 5% and the rest of 15% unattained.

2)in the north fed gov solves 60% and state gov 35% individual 1% - 2% and the rest unattained.

but in the east the hausa was giving a land to develope in enugu state (ugwuoba area), ananmbra state (atani) area, abia state (umuahia area) and delta state (asaba area) even in ebonyi state too. also in enugu yoruba's were giving a land too to develope.

dear friend after many years of land alocated to this people free of charge,go there to see for yourself not even a bungalo house is built by them.
look in the east the government don't give us free lands instead we buy them.
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by ak47mann(m): 3:37am On Jul 22, 2011
9ja voice:

ALA Igbo is not home for the weak nor the fools. you must be a good competitor to survive in alaigbo

state government solve for them 50% and individual fills the gap of 5% and the rest of 15% unattained.

2)in the north fed gov solves 60% and state gov 35% individual 1% - 2% and the rest unattained.

but in the east the hausa was giving a land to develope in enugu state (ugwuoba area), ananmbra state (atani) area, abia state (umuahia area) and delta state (asaba area) even in ebonyi state too. also in enugu yoruba's were giving a land too to develope.

dear friend after many years of land alocated to this people free of charge,go there to see for yourself not even a bungalo house is built by them.
man you are right
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by aljharem(m): 3:43am On Jul 22, 2011
9ja voice:

wrong, who are the weak and fools. But that aside

what land are you talking about. when nollywood started did it not start by land allocation and funds from the SG of lagos. So given people land would not solve the problem.

so by giving them land, u expect someone from the north to just go and build a house and business their. It does not work like that

the enivornment has to be there.

there have to be market for him. ie people that would buy his product

there has to be fund released by the State to get him started.

same was done to Igbos in lagos so why can they do the same to northerners and yorubas

the envoriment has to be right and it is not. the market has to be there.
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by adejoro75: 3:47am On Jul 22, 2011
alj harem:

same was done to Igbos in lagos so why can they do the same to northerners and yorubas

Can you show where Igbos were given money (fund) in Lagos to start their business?
Do you know who built some of the markets where Igbos dominate in Lagos, eg ASPAMDA market?
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by Obiagu1(m): 3:50am On Jul 22, 2011
9ja voice:

You dey mind dem? They are shouting marginalization because dey no fit pay house rent for Enugu. The land Enugu government gave dem for free, dey no fit build a thatch house not to talk of face-me-I-face-you.

Even, Hausas contribute more to the economy of the state than Yorubas.
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by 9javoice1(m): 3:51am On Jul 22, 2011
Now about government appointment, we have done it before when we have only East,West and north regions. now we have only 5 states and other's 6 - 7 states we also did it for our neighbour states while awaits for the federal gov to give us more 2 or atleast 1 state to continue from where we stoped.

How many igbo men has died in the hands of the hausa's in the north(4-5 million). the blood of this guys will forever cry vengance from God.
how many igbo's has lost their lifes and property in yoruba land in the west. hundreads of thousands as you know.

But in the east the case is in the revise. Igbo land remain and will continue to remain the most accomodating region for strangers in nigeria.
nobody envy you,no body fights you, nobody robs you nor estort money from you nor kills you just because you are stranger.

uncompetitive is one reason strangers in the east cannot make waves nor impact in the east, we waits for no federal nor state government to give us free medicine nor water to drink.we provides it ourself.  so if you must reside in the east you better learn to depend on yourself alone.
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by Obiagu1(m): 3:53am On Jul 22, 2011
If Enugu give them a single appointment when they constitute less than 0.1% of the population, then in Lagos, Igbos will get at least 40% of the appointments.
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by bashr4: 3:59am On Jul 22, 2011
alj harem:

what land are you talking about. when nollywood started did it not start by land allocation and funds from the SG of lagos. So given people land would not solve the problem.

so by giving them land, u expect someone from the north to just go and build a house and business their. It does not work like that

the enivornment has to be there.

there have to be market for him. ie people that would buy his product

the envoriment has to be right and it is not. the market has to be there.

lies, nobody gave igbos money , you never give your people money na igbos wey una dey fear of domination you wan give money and nollywood started in enugu.
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by adejoro75: 4:02am On Jul 22, 2011
Obiagu1:

If Enugu give them a single appointment when they constitute less than 0.1% of the population, then in Lagos, Igbos will get at least 40% of the appointments.

Enugu had given them positions before under Nnamani (please google Festus Adedayo and Enugu State)
Abia state also under Kalu (I have forgotten the man's name).
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by adejoro75: 4:04am On Jul 22, 2011
The question is, what is the contribution of the Yorubas in Enugu to the development of Enugu?
How many industries do they have and employ people?
How many houses do they build and pay property taxes, etc on?
The difference is clear between Igbos in the SW and Yorubas in the SE.
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by 9javoice1(m): 4:06am On Jul 22, 2011
By alj harem when nollywood started did it not start by land allocation and funds from the SG of lagos.  

lie lie and kingsize lie. wait lagos state government are you talking about here, do lagos state gov sponsor yoruba movies? how will they sponsor an igbo movie(nollywood) hahahahaha you are a joke my dear your hatred is obviouse.

by alj haram there has to be fund released by the State to get him started.

that is what we are talking about ,in the east government don't release a dine for you survival,we succed by individual efforts. Alj haram am sorry because you guys cannot do unless gov came for your rescue so try another region bc fed gov aint interested in us they are afraid of the unknown.
infact let me make it clear, majority of the people going north and west are the people that couldn't compete anymore in the east. i am an example of it. when am ok i stay in onitsha main mkt but when i couldn't compete any more i came to lagos and took their weak advantage.
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by alex14(m): 4:08am On Jul 22, 2011
Haha! these people and their culture of begging. This is what I've been telling some yorubas that aligning with the northerners have brought "almajirism" and
"babi-alaism" to yoruba land. The yorubas that were once hardworking during the era of their so called "village empire" in oyo are now at par with their hausa/fulani masters in terms of churning out beggars and almajiris  embarassed.
  Are these the so called war "victors"? Awolowo must be turning in his grave as we speak/type cry. Igbo land is not for the lily-livered,,,hustle hard or go back to the dungeon where you came from, where begging and almajirism are noble forms of profession.
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by adejoro75: 4:11am On Jul 22, 2011
I lived in Yorubaland long enough; you cannot find one single community development effort such as town hall or civic centre built by the people. They depend on the govt for everything
In the SE, every town and village build such things and even hospitals by themselves
It was in that same spirit that citizens of former Imo State contributed and built Imo airport.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Many Of The Fg's 1600 New Buses Are Made In Nigeria / Ohanaeze Parleys Middle Belt Youths For New Political Identity / Ebele Obiano Slaps Deputy Governor's Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.