Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,941 members, 7,835,137 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation (5787 Views)

Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. / Biafra: Hausa In Onitsha Go Into Hiding- The Punch / Abuja Natives Decry Omission From Ministerial List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by ak47mann(m): 1:43am On Jul 22, 2011
is true their is a lot of yorubas in anambra state Hausas too, but you see hausas more on the streets than yorubas cool
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by bashr4: 1:43am On Jul 22, 2011
alj_harem:

they don't have to do it, they have done it in one state and it is upto A SE governor to talk the right thing and do the right thing. Nothing last forever

i guess your referring to political appointments, well if so its up to the governors.
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by Nobody: 1:44am On Jul 22, 2011
ak47mann:

is true their is a lot of yorubas in anambra state Hausas too, but you see hausas more on the streets than yorubas cool

Let's take it day by day. We're slowly growing. Hausas tend to migrate more than other groups in Nigeria.
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by ezeagu(m): 1:45am On Jul 22, 2011
Nobody wants Yoruba people going anywhere, in short they're not allowed. When Alaigbo is declared their can be used culture for tourism, 'come and see Yoruba culture in the only stable country it's practiced in'. Igboland will give them some land. Cha-Ching!!!
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by aljharem3: 1:45am On Jul 22, 2011
Chyz*:

Case closed then. Enugu has done it before, so go figure. Also, Rochas has also appointed a Yoruba.

done it before does not = did it now

tinubu has done it before as well
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by Rhino5dm: 1:46am On Jul 22, 2011
The problem is the average mindset of the easterners wont allow any social integration with settlers. Remove the pots of violence in the north then, the east is the worst place  to live in naija.
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by bashr4: 1:47am On Jul 22, 2011
alj_harem:

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2010/11/05/we%E2%80%99ve-been-marginalised-in-lagos/

excatly, u can nt easly identify a yoruba or ibibio man in the SE does not mean they are not there
we are saying the same thing there are lots of non igbo there especially ibibio, efik,edos, hausas and ijaws but enugu people dont go about checking who is igbo and who is not like most states do.

SE governors have been giving appointments to non igbos, its not a big deal.
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by bashr4: 1:48am On Jul 22, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Judging from your post, one can easily assume that your thoughts are misguided. It's not about handing free land or any other sorts of handouts. Please read clearly, especially where the article stated that both groups are being denied their national rights of "a sense of belonging" in any state of their choice in Nigeria. Give them those rights so that they can easily expand and prosper.

Let me quickly shift from the topic to point out that if Enugu people are declining such alienable rights, then why are the same group crying for FESTAC state in another region which does not "belong" to them?

Again, read my post to chyz. Seems like you're both misguided.

what exactly is that national rights they were denied?
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by ezeagu(m): 1:49am On Jul 22, 2011
When an average Yoruba person comes from the West it's like they've come from a wort torn area into Switzerland. Once the Yoruba man sets eyes on an Igbo woman that they dash 'im the beast inside is calmed and he becomes a civilized Yoruba citizen of Alaigbo, same for when a Yoruba woman and an Igbo man. This is why Yoruba people are chasing Igbo issues up and down nairaland because they've heard through the grapevine. . . . .
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by Onlytruth(m): 1:49am On Jul 22, 2011
Even if you give these Yoruba and Hausa folks free land in Enugu, Igbo boys will buy it back from them the next day.  cool
This is really about competition and no group competes better than Igbo in the whole of Africa.
Withdraw things like quota, we would dominate the military, sports, economy, technology, healthcare, you name it.

Please come to the East I beg you!  cool
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by Nobody: 1:50am On Jul 22, 2011
bashr4:

what exactly is that national rights they were denied?

"A sense of belonging" in any state of their choice in Nigeria because Nigeria belongs to everyone. Tribalsim plays a key role in Igboland and that immoral sense needs to be rapidly aborted.
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by ezeagu(m): 1:51am On Jul 22, 2011
[center]The [size=14pt]beautiful Yoruba culture of Alaigbo[/size], come and witness (and invest). Cubans, Brazilians, Colombians invited to see their ancestors homeland.

[/center]
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by Onlytruth(m): 1:52am On Jul 22, 2011
One of the benefits of an Igbo only country is that we will grab African nations football cup (male and female) and make sure no other country wins it ever again.

It is all about competition folks!

Enugu is open for business.

Please drop by!  cool
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by ezeagu(m): 1:52am On Jul 22, 2011
[center]Yoruba culture is best witnessed from a safe environment. . . . . the only place that is is Alaigbo

Yoruba wedding in Alaigbo

[img]http://folkmag.no.kunder.intermedia.no/typo3temp/fl_realurl_image/yorubaperspective-yo.jpg[/img][/center]
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by Nobody: 1:53am On Jul 22, 2011
Onlytruth:

One of benefits of an Igbo only country is that we will grab African nations football cup (male and female) and make sure no other country wins it ever again.

It is all about competition folks!

Enugu is open for business.

Please drop by!  cool

Nobody is worried about competition. Atleast give non-indigence the chance to compete. It's only because of the small population. Let it continue to grow and you'll feel competition.
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by bashr4: 1:53am On Jul 22, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

The problem is the average mindset of the easterners wont allow any social integration with settlers. Remove the pots of violence in the north then, the east is the worst place  to live in naija.

we dont do ethnic profiling in the SE , its a competitive place free for all. SE remains the only part of nigeira non indegins are not targeted and killed , nobody talks about ethnicity in the SE except for hausas/fulanis that stand out cus of suya and cattle rearing and mosques. we have foringners that have settled ,married and livin in the SE too , they even have their festival every november in enugu called nigerwives. educate yourself more about nigeria.
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by ezeagu(m): 1:54am On Jul 22, 2011
[center]Old Yoruba carving statue of a wild Yoruba women civilized by an Igbo gentleman.

[img]http://antiquesandthearts.com/Archives/2010/12-December/images//2010-12-14__12-51-34Image1.GIF[/img][/center]
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by Chyz2: 1:54am On Jul 22, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Judging from your post, one can easily assume that your thoughts are misguided. It's not about handing free land or any other sorts of handouts. Please read clearly, especially where the article stated that both groups are being denied their national rights of "a sense of belonging" in any state of their choice in Nigeria. Give them those rights so that they can easily expand and prosper.

Let me quickly shift from the topic to point out that if Enugu people are declining such alienable rights, then why are the same group crying for FESTAC state in another region which does not "belong" to them?

Not so fast. What exactly or who exactly is denying them the sense of belonging? They have already said themselves "The Enugu State government has done well in making Enugu peaceful for both indigenes and non-indigenes in the state".  Seems like, if anything, the gov have down their part and the Hausa and Yoruba communities need to be more sociable to the people of the state. In Igboland we are republican -To he his own. They may not be use to that but we are. The best thing is for them to get use to it. Other than that, if they are being denied of something, what exactly are they being denied of? How could you put out a press statement(if this is really done by hausa and yoruba leaders in enugu) without voicing what they are being denied? What is there to work with?

About FESTAC, lets get serious here. It is not an "Igbo" area in Lagos. Just because it was an Igbo man voicing out as the leader or one of the leaders of  the purposed state, it has nothing to do with Igbos. "Igbos" arent "calling for FESTAC state".

1 Like

Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by Nobody: 1:55am On Jul 22, 2011
The only thing that would bring tourists to Igboland is anything Yoruba. duh. cheesy

Yoruba culture is widely loved all around the world.
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by ezeagu(m): 1:57am On Jul 22, 2011
Exactly, in a nice stable environment. Cha Ching!!
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by Nobody: 1:57am On Jul 22, 2011
Chyz*:

Not so fast. What exactly or who exactly is denying them the sense of belonging? They have already said themselves "The Enugu State government has done well in making Enugu peaceful for both indigenes and non-indigenes in the state".  Seems like, if anything, the gov have down their part and the Hausa and Yoruba communities need to be more sociable to the people of the state. In Igboland we are republican -To he his own. They may not be use to that but we are. The best thing is for them to get use to it. Other than that, if they are being denied of something, what exactly are they being denied of? How could you put out a press statement(if this is really done by hausa and yoruba leaders in enugu) without voicing what they are being denied? What is there to work with?

About FESTAC, lets get serious here. It is not an "Igbo" area in Lagos. Just because it was an Igbo man voicing out as the leader or one of the leaders of  the purposed state, it has nothing to do with Igbos. "Igbos" arent "calling for FESTAC state".

In a nutshell, peacefulness does not mean that the sense of marginalization is not there. Why are Igbos afraid of the progression of Yorubas and other minorities in their area? Why are they not having the same rights and the indigenous of Enugu? Do y'all believe that the empowerment of Yorubas and Hausas would repeat history? Is that where the fear comes from.

FESTAC is an attempt to carve an Igbo state out of Yorubaland, sweety.
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by Onlytruth(m): 1:58am On Jul 22, 2011
Posted by: Ileke-IdI

Nobody is worried about competition. Atleast give non-indigence the chance to compete. It's only because of the small population. Let it continue to grow and you'll feel competition.

Nobody gave us a chance to compete anywhere outside Igboland.
We simply bit the bullet and grabbed it.

In the late 90s, a friend of my father died in Lagos from a juju planted by a Yoruba man in his yard. We still soldiered on and more Igbo still bought properties and developed them. Against all odds.

So, anybody asking us to give him a chance to compete is kidding.
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by bashr4: 1:59am On Jul 22, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

what exactly have they been denied, honestly its not until i started going to other regions that i learned about tribalism in nigeria, its not until i was 23 and outside nigeria that i even realised most people i grew up with in enugu and in my neighbourhood where not igbo, though we all speak igbo  i realised they where urobo, edo ,ibibio. its only people that have not been to the SE that will make such comments, theres is no such thing as tribalism in the south east you only have fierce competition.

the hausas have managed to take over money exchange buisness in the whole SE and nobody is complaining or trying to take it from them.
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by ezeagu(m): 2:00am On Jul 22, 2011
[size=14pt]Before[/size]
Yoruba man in his habitat.

[center][/center]

[size=14pt]After[/size]
Yoruba man after settling and marrying in Alaigbo.

[center][/center]
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by Nobody: 2:00am On Jul 22, 2011
Onlytruth:

Nobody gave us a chance to compete anywhere outside Igboland.
We simply bit the bullet and grabbed it.

In the late 90s, a friend of my father died in Lagos from a juju planted by a Yoruba man in his yard. We still soldiered on an more Igbo still bought properties and developed them. Against all odds.

So, anybody asking us to give him a chance to compete is kidding.

Actually, they did. If we gave you no sense of belonging or if we did not accommodate you, the same thing that is happening to your people in Jos and other Northern states would be hapening in Yorubaland now. Are you getting comfortable because Yorubas do not implement violence in their everyday life?
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by Nobody: 2:01am On Jul 22, 2011
bashr4:

what exactly have they been denied, honestly its not until i started going to other regions that i learned about tribalism in nigeria, its not until i was 23 and outside nigeria that i even realised most people i grew up with in enugu and in my neighbourhood where not igbo, though we all speak igbo  i realised they where urobo, edo ,ibibio. its only people that have not been to the SE that will make such comments, theres is no such thing as tribalism in the south east you only have fierce competition.

the hausas have managed to take over money exchange buisness in the whole SE and nobody is complaining or trying to take it from them.

Adding personal story does not validate your words. Give me fact and I'll give you facts.
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by ezeagu(m): 2:04am On Jul 22, 2011
Yoruba woman in Ibadan:

[center][img]https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=dlattach%3Bid=307996%3Btype=avatar[/img][/center]

After settling and marrying in Alaigbo:

[center][/center]
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by Onlytruth(m): 2:07am On Jul 22, 2011

Actually, they did. If we gave you no sense of belonging or if we did not accommodate you, the same thing that is happening to your people in Jos and other Northern states would be hapening in Yorubaland now.Are you getting comfortable because Yorubas do not implement violence in their everyday life?

They did not. Nobody gave us any chance anywhere outside Igboland.
You talk about the North as if we just give them our necks to cut in every riot.
Even before Nigeria's independence, Igbos always fought back when attacked in the north.
The 1966 pogrom was devastating because Northern Nigerian army personnel participated in the killing of Igbos.

The question then is this; Are Yorubas prepared to die in thousands like the Hausa? I don't think so.

In essence they are doing only what they can. It is just that Iboman get thick skull.  cool
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by bashr4: 2:07am On Jul 22, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Actually, they did. If we gave you no sense of belonging or if we did not accommodate you, the same thing that is happening to your people in Jos and other Northern states would be hapening in Yorubaland now. Are you getting comfortable because Yorubas do not implement violence in their everyday life?

rubbish , you still have mentioned what they were denied ,SE is open to everybody its not as if the bank that give loans to start buisness belong to igbos., not as if federal government have investments in igboland , people depend on themselves and the little enugu state govt (which is not even oil producing or a big economy) can dash out.
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by bashr4: 2:09am On Jul 22, 2011
ezeagu:

Yoruba woman in Ibadan:

[center][img]https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=dlattach%3Bid=307996%3Btype=avatar[/img][/center]

After settling and marrying in Alaigbo:

[center][/center]

there no point derailing this thread cus i dont see what the complaint is about.
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by ezeagu(m): 2:13am On Jul 22, 2011
Derailment of what thread. I have absolutely noooooo idea of what you're talking about. grin I'm only encouraging Odua lands most bright and brainy to see the light and head east.
Re: Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation by Onlytruth(m): 2:15am On Jul 22, 2011
I would temporarily leave the thread with an age old Igbo proverb which goes this way: Nnunu isi akaghi aka adighi aga ogu otukpokpo -
a bird with a weak skull does not pick a fight with a woodpecker.

Settling outside ones tribal region in Nigeria is akin to a bird engaging a woodpecker in a fight.

It ain't tea party! undecided cry

So man up and settle, or go back home. Shikena.  cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Trump Should Add Nigerian muslims To Travel Ban List / Why Yorubas Need Sokoto / More Trouble For Sowore And Sahara Reporters As Dr Aaron Akinloye Debunk Claims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.