Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,139 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) (24191 Views)

Pastor David Ibiyeomie Gets A Car As 55th Birthday Gift (Photos) / Pastor David Ibiyeomie's 55 Cakes In One 55th Birthday Cake (Photos) / Why David Ibiyeomie Deserves More Than A Private Jet (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by Deborah98(f): 11:20am On Jun 19, 2022
Kingozymandias:

Reply the DM.pls
I'm sorry I don't reply to dms here again.
Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by Prenonjebose: 11:22am On Jun 19, 2022
LadyTara:
Maybe it's just me,I but of feel these religious leaders have subconsciously passed the responsibility of keeping a marriage together on women.

They keep hammering on submission, virtuous woman ,infact if there is a crisis in a marriage it's usually the woman who has to fast and pray. undecided. I might be wrong ,but it's just my observation.
It goes both ways. The Bible has spelt out the roles both partners have to play to keep the marriage. In an instance, it says husband love your wife, in another place, it says a man who cannot provide for his family is worse than an infidel.

1 Like

Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by Deborah98(f): 11:23am On Jun 19, 2022
Ayomi90:

Go read ur Bible and stop forming intelligent here.
I laughed hard in church reading this. Well thank you for spotting my intelligence but permit me to ask? What made Sarah call her husband Lord? Was there no better name or any other name than Lord? Women do their things naturally, you don't need to tie a rope around her neck and force her into submission. It happens naturally hence why it was stated first in that verse of the Bible. Then what follows behind it is love. I will submit to you while you love me. Periodt.
Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by insignegianniga: 11:24am On Jun 19, 2022
Deborah98:
The word submission don suffer for Nigerian men month. Any small thing submit... interesting. You don't force your wife to submit to you. You love her to submit to you. It's a two way thing. Wives submit yourselves unto your husband and in return husbands love your wives shikina...

PS: you guys shouldn't kill me with mentions Biko. But why is it so that whenever submission is mentioned all hell let loose. I'm a woman and I know what it means for a woman to submit to her husband. It is natural for a woman to do so but not when there is no reciprocation from her spouse. Like I wrote earlier you love a woman into submission and not force. I may not have the time to reply you all but I have taken corrections where needed and the rest kept in the trash bin. Thanks.

You love your wife into submission is a manipulative word coined up by women

You submit naturally nothing like loving her until submission

1 Like

Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by Deborah98(f): 11:27am On Jun 19, 2022
insignegianniga:

Sarah that called Abraham her Lord what do you think made her choose such a name? My Lord of all names? You guys will cry on this my post. Ike gwuru
Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by HIPROFILE(m): 11:30am On Jun 19, 2022
Deborah98:
The word submission don suffer for Nigerian men month. Any small thing submit... interesting. You don't force your wife to submit to you. You love her to submit to you. It's a two way thing. Wives submit yourselves unto your husband and in return husbands love your wives shikina...

You are saying the same thing…submission comes first…If a wife rebels her husband she should not expect any love from the Man.. shikena

This is a principle for those with real understanding not for kids.. A submissive woman indirectly runs the affairs of her home in totality with little or no challenge or banter from her husband.

2 Likes

Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by Nobody: 11:30am On Jun 19, 2022
The African man definition of submission is different from the one in the Christian book..
The African man thinks submission is when their wives stay at home to cook for them,do their laundry,clean the house,bathe for them,dress for them and feed them like babies...they feel that that wives should be jobless inorder to serve them like slaves..they believe that their wives shouldn't have a say in the household...
What a backward mentality for African men!
BTW im not a feminist neither am i in any other nonsense group coz i don't give seven Fvcks about Feminism or any other nonsense group..i just like to point out the "Obvious" in everything i see..Adios!

1 Like

Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by Jking20(m): 11:30am On Jun 19, 2022
Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by baralatie(m): 11:31am On Jun 19, 2022
Deborah98:
Thank you. I hope they learn from this.
I hope.you understand what you are alluring to
Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by Deborah98(f): 11:32am On Jun 19, 2022
Jking20:
[quote author=Deborah98 post=

PS: you guys shouldn't kill me with mentions Biko. But why is it so that whenever submission is mentioned all hell let loose. I'm a woman and I know what it means for a woman to submit to her husband. It is natural for a woman to do so but not when there is no reciprocation from her spouse. Like I wrote earlier you love a woman into submission and not force. I may not have the time to reply you all but I have taken corrections where needed and the rest kept in the trash bin. Thanks.

I pity the person who'll mistakenly put a ring on that your finger in the name of marriage, cos you deserve to remain single. If you think you're too big to submit, stay outta marriage!
Stop crying uncle.
Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by baralatie(m): 11:34am On Jun 19, 2022
Favorolasupo:
The African man definition of submission is different from the one in the Christian book..
The African man thinks submission is when their wives stay at home to cook for them,do their laundry,clean the house,bathe for them,dress for them and feed them like babies...they feel that that wives should be jobless inorder to serve them like slaves..they believe that their wives shouldn't have a say in the household...
What a backward mentality for African men!
BTW im not a feminist neither am i in any other nonsense group coz i don't give seven Fvcks about Feminism or any other nonsense group..i just like to point out the "Obvious" in everything i see..Adios!
I don't think it is any thing buti understand some misinappropriate use of the word submissive

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by tiswell(m): 11:37am On Jun 19, 2022
PierreAbutu:

Bros....na PAPA HOUSE you mean cheesy grin
yea,comrade grin
Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by baralatie(m): 11:40am On Jun 19, 2022
insignegianniga:

Wive submit to the leadership of the husband as the head of the home

Now the wife.whomis following the leadership of the husband does.it make.her.weak
So.what happens if the husband's fails in his leadership role
Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by LadyTara(f): 11:47am On Jun 19, 2022
Prenonjebose:

It goes both ways. The Bible has spelt out the roles both partners have to play to keep the marriage. In an instance, it says husband love your wife, in another place, it says a man who cannot provide for his family is worse than an infidel.
I see , interesting.

One might have to argue if a person who commands submission is capable of love. undecided . You as a person has to be in a place in your soul and being to be able to give love. The version of submission Nigerian men want is the "yes my Lord ", I fear such a person who feel like a demi god is not in the head space to love another.

Certain things don't need to be hammered on , it's the law of natural order. The so called revolt or rebellion as some people prefer to call it from women these days didn't just start over night. If you constantly feel the need to get respect and fear ,be obeyed or followed without acknowledging that you as a human can make mistakes ,can be wrong ,then I don't think that person is in a place to give love.

If we all do our part, the storms of marriage will be easy to navigate. But my own is religious leaders and even society are too focused on women,it's like there is a need to constantly keep women in check while the men get a pass.

2 Likes

Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by Jking20(m): 11:48am On Jun 19, 2022
Deborah98:

I pity the person who'll mistakenly put a ring on that your finger in the name of marriage, cos you deserve to remain single. If you think you're too big to submit, stay outta marriage

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by Ayomi90: 11:48am On Jun 19, 2022
Deborah98:
I laughed hard in church reading this. Well thank you for spotting my intelligence but permit me to ask? What made Sarah call her husband Lord? Was there no better name or any other name than Lord? Women do their things naturally, you don't need to tie a rope around her neck and force her into submission. It happens naturally hence why it was stated first in that verse of the Bible. Then what follows behind it is love. I will submit to you while you love me. Periodt.
Go read Genesis 3:16, the word Lord didn't come from Sarah, your husband is your Lord, that is what God said in that verse, now left for you to accept it or overlook it.
Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by Ayomi90: 11:50am On Jun 19, 2022
We4all:

Baye, sane bible where Abraham married his half sister right?

Don’t try to reference the Bible when it suits you and turn a blind eye if it doesn’t.
What is this one saying? Doesn't even align with the topic, create a different thread on that to get schooled about that, there you will know if Abraham has Gods support or not.
Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by Heterodox(m): 11:53am On Jun 19, 2022
King44:
There has to be submission and it's earned not forced.

Humility comes first for both partners and submission next for either the lady or the man. If the lady is the man in the relationship, the man has to be submissive (for a weak, irresponsible and lazy men only)
Goodluck to your slave

1 Like

Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by swissgoldenpro2: 11:55am On Jun 19, 2022
This is very correct
Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by francotunsco: 11:57am On Jun 19, 2022
MallamChukwudi:
Submission should not be confused with obedience. Obedience is like how a lady endure her rude boss due to her inability to get a good job out there, while submission is more of respect, because you can tell him no. You're strong on your right, which makes your submission an admission of strength.
I disagree with you wholly. The boss-subordinate thing is SUBMISSION because, it is compulsory, you cant decline, you must submit, even when he overdo things. When you encounter armed robbers, you must submit! Remember, when we were in school, during exams, when you are asked to submit, it is not negotiable. whether the examiner fulfils his obligation of allowing you full time or not.
Wives should stop expecting Love from their husbands before submitting. SUBMIT! Shikena.

2 Likes

Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by FIDELITY24(m): 11:58am On Jun 19, 2022
Deborah98:

Submit first... If you are not submissive you don't deserve to be loved.

1 Like

Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by Zelenskyy(m): 11:58am On Jun 19, 2022
olatade:
21st century feminists will strongly disagree with you sir.

And many of them will end up single or marry their fellow woman or their pets...
Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by MadamOk(f): 12:01pm On Jun 19, 2022
Deborah98:

thank you, as for me you don yarn and na so e be and if anyone wants to argue should argue with his or her phone keyboard
Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by baralatie(m): 12:01pm On Jun 19, 2022
FIDELITY24:
Submit first... If you are not submissive you don't deserve to be loved.
There is no precondition attaches to love before submission or submission before love
Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by We4all: 12:03pm On Jun 19, 2022
Ayomi90:

What is this one saying? Doesn't even align with the topic, create a different thread on that to get schooled about that, there you will know if Abraham has Gods support or not.

You ain’t smart or you would have been able to decipher my point. Unfortunately, I don’t have the energy to explain in the language you understand.

1 Like

Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by RPG2020(m): 12:03pm On Jun 19, 2022
Deborah98:

Submission is not by force you are correct

Love is blind but speak from the heart not submission
Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by Mina79(f): 12:03pm On Jun 19, 2022
Submission is over hyped in understanding that part of the scripture, the Bible first instructed the men to love then submission follows suits.
Don't expect submission from a woman simply because you have an over drive third leg without doing the needful.
If you do any how,you will see anyhow.
Women operate with flesh and blood too, they are not ambassadors for shock absorbers.
Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by Ayomi90: 12:05pm On Jun 19, 2022
We4all:

You ain’t smart or you would have been able to decipher my point. Unfortunately, I don’t have the energy to explain in the language you understand.
When uve got no point u won't av the energy to explain, a simple comment on submission, we are talking A u brought in F.
Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by eas01: 12:08pm On Jun 19, 2022
Deborah98:

The word love don suffer for Nigerian women mouth.
Nigerian women think love is like Disney Cinderella, hunky dorey , lala land fairy tale, . Also american movies, nollywoood celebs have given naija women a false notion of love.
You wanna know what love is ? Read 1cor 13:4-8.
You submit a man into loving you.

1 Like

Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by baralatie(m): 12:09pm On Jun 19, 2022
Mina79:
Submission is over hyped in understanding that part of the scripture, the Bible first instructed the men to love then submission follows suits.
Don't expect submission from a woman simply because you have an over drive third leg without doing the needful.
If you do any how,you will see anyhow.
Women operate with flesh and blood too, they are not ambassadors for shock absorbers.
You are mixing up two scripture
This particular says wives be submissive to the husband just as the church is submissive to the Lord Jesus Christ and the husband to love his wife as the Lord Jesus Christ loves the church and gavehis life for it

Then the second scripture you are quoting says husband's love your wive and wives respect your husband
Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by Prenonjebose: 12:11pm On Jun 19, 2022
LadyTara:
I see , interesting.

One might have to argue if a person who commands submission is capable of love. undecided . You as a person has to be in a place in your soul and being to be able to give love. The version of submission Nigerian men want is the "yes my Lord ", I fear such a person who feels like a demi god is usually not in the head space to love another.
You are right. Anyone who commands submission is hardly able to love. The perennial challenge is that of persons who have deliberately abused or erroneously misunderstood the vital balance between partners. We have cases of demi god husbands who would oppress their spouses in the name of respect, while some wives have taken advantage of this love to disrespect their men. Marriage is for two reasonable adults
Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by Cocojambo: 12:11pm On Jun 19, 2022
I am oyinbo and I have dated different Nigerian girls. Unfortunately not the best experience ... many girls really want to be the men in the relationship, and you struggle to keep them following you. Nah many girls don want to be loved, they want to be loved in the way they claim to be the right way. When money flows they think it should flow even more. First face you see, they are quiet and play the good almost virgin girl. Next thing you have a woman, complaining till your ears fall off, they call you stingy. Then you check there phones and you find they have DM full of messages with men. But they go talk you about the Lord and Jesus like they are holy. Weee I chopped all those nonsense too many times. Nigerian girl can kill you ooo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Why Are The Dead Taken To Church For Prayers; Does God Forgive Sins After Death? / Ifeanyi, Paul Adefarasin's Wife Celebrates Him On His 58th Birthday / Don't Be Deceived, Everyone Has A Weakness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.