Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,466 members, 7,812,427 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:13 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2153) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1420853 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2150) (2151) (2152) (2153) (2154) (2155) (2156) ... (4613) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 10:24am On Mar 27, 2023
A001:

Subsidy on fuel will still be removed sooner or later. The humongous funds spent on subsidizing fuel aren't sustainable in the long run.

However, I suggest the government delays the subsidy removal until later in the year and use the next few months to prepare palliatives for the masses.
Removal of subsidy will yield the same results we are facing now...

No be our politicians again??

IMO...it should be gradual...Like partial removal to earn d trust of d masses with a suitable outcome....
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 10:24am On Mar 27, 2023
monerozi5590:

Na to increase minimum wage and other stuff to ease the sufferings oh. Once fuel increase like this, na so prices of things go increase for market oh.
Endsars will be a child's play....cos people are angry already
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Nobody: 10:29am On Mar 27, 2023
If they want to remove subsidy, they should work on electricity generation and distribution. Else, aya song.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 10:32am On Mar 27, 2023
Buhari wants to remove subsidy without planning, the same way he banned old currency notes without planning. This presido is brain dead.

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by KingTom(m): 10:36am On Mar 27, 2023
Realmrsean:
it's his real account..
Wow really?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 10:37am On Mar 27, 2023
monerozi5590:

Tinubu might reverse the decision on June 1. Let's wait and see what the incoming government will do regarding that.
Tinubu said he'd remove fuel subsidy, wetin e wan con reverse again?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by hopefulLandlord: 10:38am On Mar 27, 2023
afrodoc2:
Buhari wants to remove subsidy without planning, the same way he banned old currency notes without planning. This presido is brain-dead.

But the currency he removed only affected Tinubu now. Now whenever I'm on the road I see many Tinubus queuing, I heard some Tinubus queue for hours only to be given 2K saying the bank is out of cash. worst part is that you can see the policy doesn't respect which Tinubu it affects. wether the Tinubu is from East West South North or central is inconsequential. so long this new cash policy affects you then you're Tinubu

10 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 10:56am On Mar 27, 2023
hopefulLandlord:

But the currency he removed only affected Tinubu now. Now whenever I'm on the road I see many Tinubus queuing, I heard some Tinubus queue for hours only to be given 2K saying the bank is out of cash. worst part is that you can see the policy doesn't respect which Tinubu it affects. wether the Tinubu is from East West South North or central is inconsequential. so long this new cash policy affects you then you're Tinubu

grin grin grin

There are more Tinubus coming here to support the subsidy removal policy without thinking of the measures that need to be in place before the policy comes into effect.

When the effect hits now those same Tinubus will come online to shed salty tears.

Allah kiyaye mu.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 11:10am On Mar 27, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
"I have said it before on this show, that if you live in London , you are a Londoner, a British-Pakistan, is a Londoner. my boss, the British Foreign Secretary is clearly British-Sierra Leone & lives in London, they are Londoners."

UK doesn't do state of origin. Infact we don't have states.

The MP (senator) for a constituency is typically "assigned" to a seat by his/her party to contest, and usually doesn't live or have any connection to the place they are going to contest for.

Rishi Sunak for example is from Southampton on the southern English coast, and has lived most of his life in London. Yet he is the MP for a constituency in North Yorkshire near Scotland.

It's like an Ikwerre man born in and bred in Port Harcourt contesting and winning a senatorial seat in Jalingo.

When people make that ignorant comparison between Lagos and London it always sounds so stupid because we practice such utterly different political systems, you might as well be comparing chalk to cheese

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 11:18am On Mar 27, 2023
nihilistjnr:

UK doesn't do state of origin. Infact we don't have states.

The MP (senator) for a constituency is typically "assigned" to a seat by his/her party to contest, and usually doesn't live or have any connection to the place they are going to contest for.

Rishi Sunak for example is from Southampton on the southern English coast, and has lived most of his life in London. Yet he is the MP for a constituency in North Yorkshire near Scotland.

It's like an Ikwerre man born in and bred in Port Harcourt contesting and winning a senatorial seat in Jalingo.

When people make that ignorant comparison between Lagos and London it always sounds so stupid because we practice such utterly different political systems, you might as well be comparing chalk to cheese

An Ikwerre man born and bred in Port Harcourt who lived most of his adult life in Lagos winning a senatorial seat in Jalingo.

It’s good for people to post such ridiculous comparisons here so we can easily identify the ignorant ones.

The first day I tried explaining tribes to a Westerner I almost developed a migraine.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Zaha(m): 11:20am On Mar 27, 2023
Realmrsean:
it's his real account..
parody account

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Emaprince: 11:29am On Mar 27, 2023
Eazzii:
If they want to remove subsidy, they should work on electricity generation and distribution. Else, aya song.
This is actually the best way to remove it without the masses feeling the strain on their coffers.

If there is atleast 15hours electricity daily, they can remove it and not much fuss will be made out of it. Businesses that needs petrol to operate won't feel it much. only motorists.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 11:38am On Mar 27, 2023
afrodoc2:

An Ikwerre man born and bred in Port Harcourt who lived most of his adult life in Lagos winning a senatorial seat in Jalingo.

It’s good for people to post such ridiculous comparisons here so we can easily identify the ignorant ones.

The first day I tried explaining tribes to a Westerner I almost developed a migraine.

Honestly doc, it's like where do you even start to have these kind of conversations.

Up to 67% of Tory 'Senators' had zero local link to the constituencies the represented in Parliament.

People in UK largely vote for party not individuals. I don't even know who my MP is, I just know I vote Labour.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 12:03pm On Mar 27, 2023
Anything to justify hateful tribalism.

Now do NewYork, California, Florida where out of state born citizens have risen to be governors..

In admonishing for the growth and evolution of our country's political system, We're saying that someone's tribe should not be a factor in his quest for leadership positions of an area.

Factors like "state of origin" should only be used for maybe easier police identification. Not as a requirement for any job or purpose of discrimination. That is the ideal world.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 12:09pm On Mar 27, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
e no get any diff between what Donjay said abt Lagos & what the deputy high com is saying

Anybody with common sense will know that the vicissitudes of the electioneering in Lagos is something that has to change. Maligning of a particular tribe to use as a scapegoat and red meat to be consumed by tribal bigots is something that portends danger to the fabric of this country. The Yorubas and the Igbos are the most educated and enlightened groups in the country. This 2 being at odds with each other will see to a greater danger ahead.

The bigots really need to cool their jets. Those who use propaganda against a tribe is not something anyone should tolerate.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 12:24pm On Mar 27, 2023
Eazzii:
The end.. No improvement in electricity then this whole talk is waste.

Too bad electricity is still a major issue and we are at a point where subsidy needs to also go.. So yes whoever the next admin is.. They are bleeped

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 12:25pm On Mar 27, 2023
grin

I was grilled sha. Make una no vex, na jez personal opinion. I admit some names I mentioned don't worth it.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by chrisooblog: 12:30pm On Mar 27, 2023
You're 100% right. She bungled the covid-19 response in Cross River and displayed very confident, arrogant IGNORANCE about issues around the pandemic.

afrodoc2:

She is incredibly unqualified to be Minister of Health in my opinion.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 1:30pm On Mar 27, 2023
Lmaoooo not unexpected . Sadly there's no dodging this reality.
The time government should have used to finish up the much talked about Siemens deal so this subsidy can be removed has been stretched too long.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 1:40pm On Mar 27, 2023
Roland17, chic2pimp, airmark, please you guys should help me with this info;

How much money do candidates in America pay for elected offices, either federal or state level. I've been looking for the info but haven't found anything..

First of all, is nomination form bought? If so, how much?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 1:49pm On Mar 27, 2023
liveLongNprospa:
Lmaoooo not unexpected . Sadly there's no dodging this reality.
The time government should have used to finish up the much talked about Siemens deal so this subsidy can be removed has been stretched too long.

We spoke about this thing last year.

Like play, like play, it's finally here.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 1:56pm On Mar 27, 2023
izzou are you back in civilization abi you don dey burst condoms for East West road?

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 2:00pm On Mar 27, 2023
nihilistjnr:

We spoke about this thing last year.

Like play, like play, it's finally here.

The uprising that will follow this planned/unplanned subsidy removal will be unprecedented. A country where the 30k minimum wage has not been fully complied with by state governors, A country where state governors still owe civil servants backlog of salaries , A country where almost everyone depends on PMS and other petroleum products to generate electricity.......Only God knows the which government owned buildings or facilities that will be spared by arsonists this time.

The number of people living below poverty line in this country is too damn much! I don't think the government is fully aware of what is to come going forward from here

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Nobody: 2:04pm On Mar 27, 2023
BlueRayDick:

The uprising that will follow this planned/unplanned subsidy removal will be unprecedented. A country where the 30k minimum wage has not been fully complied with by state governors, A country where state governors still owe backlog of salaries owed civil servant, A country where almost everyone depends on PMS and other petroleum product to generate electricity.......Only God knows the which government owned buildings or facilities that will be spared by arsonists this time.

The number of people living below poverty line in this country is too damn much! I don't think the government is fully aware of what is to come going forward from here
Tinubu is a master strategist. He will manoeuvre his way out. cool
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 2:08pm On Mar 27, 2023
Eazzii:

Energy is not for the poor

Someone in Buharis cabinet, probably?

For context at 165 a 30 litre Jerry can was 4600.
At 184,it is around 5600

So at 750 it will be in the 23500 or more depending on pump adjustment.

Air flights jumped last year. Anything tied to diesel jumped in price last year.

Your barber, your okada rider, your keke, your danfo, your mama put, your sme, they are all going to raise their cost and slap it on you.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 2:12pm On Mar 27, 2023
This subsidy case get as be sha. I want it removed but I still fear inflation and what common men will go through.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 2:14pm On Mar 27, 2023
BlueRayDick:

The uprising that will follow this planned/unplanned subsidy removal will be unprecedented. A country where the 30k minimum wage has not been fully complied with by state governors, A country where state governors still owe civil servants backlog of salaries , A country where almost everyone depends on PMS and other petroleum products to generate electricity.......Only God knows the which government owned buildings or facilities that will be spared by arsonists this time.

I doubt it will happen straight away probably toward the end of the year not when emilokan will just enter
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 2:22pm On Mar 27, 2023
iamoyindamola:

I doubt it will happen straight away probably toward the end of the year not when emilokan will just enter

The timing is not the problem, the problem is what reasonable palliatives are being put in place to cushion the effect of the subsidy removal on the general price of items.

Like electricity now, all we keep hearing is government signing deals here and there, yet the national grid has not stopped collapsing. How will people cope when the electricity situation is still the same?

People who work for private companies, how will they deal with high cost of transportation on the same salaries?

Some private companies will even cut down on their number of staff in order to make ends meet after spending triple or quadruple on lighting their own premises .etc

As much as I don't want to be pessimistic, it's almost impossible to see anything but gloom from the subsidy removal this year.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 2:28pm On Mar 27, 2023
raumdeuter:
izzou are you back in civilization abi you don dey burst condoms for East West road?

I came back on Sunday morning

I got to Yenagoa around 6pm, and i continued my journey to Lagos

Got to Lagos around 5am
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 2:32pm On Mar 27, 2023
750 Naira for petrol should put us top of the list when comparing with other countries… On a $68 per month minimum wage…. Dammm

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 2:34pm On Mar 27, 2023
The hand of Buhari, the voice of BAT.

Now is the time to stock as much fuel as possible, and as safely as possible.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 2:38pm On Mar 27, 2023
BlueRayDick:

The timing is not the problem, the problem is what reasonable palliatives are being put in place to cushion the effect of the subsidy removal on the general price of items.

Like electricity now, all we keep hearing is government signing deals here and there, yet the national grid has not stopped collapsing. How will people cope when the electricity situation is still the same?

People who work for private companies, how will they deal with high cost of transportation on the same salaries?

Some private companies will even cut down on their number of staff in order to make ends meet after spending triple or quadruple on lighting their own premises .etc

As much as I don't want to be pessimistic, it's almost impossible to see anything but gloom from the subsidy removal this year.
We might just get gej kind of announcement

(1) (2) (3) ... (2150) (2151) (2152) (2153) (2154) (2155) (2156) ... (4613) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: Ellexy, LordAdam16, TemporaryHansel and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.