Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,062 members, 7,825,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

My Job Is Ruining My Family - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Job Is Ruining My Family (22598 Views)

What Kind Of Job Is This? (Video) / My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? / My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Abakelawal(f): 5:45pm On Jun 21, 2022
Please don't quit the job.... Rather quit the relationship cos u go regret it..

And pls always find time for her

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by gbemishile: 5:45pm On Jun 21, 2022
Nonsense
Some post ehn
U just think everybody get sense
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by simplesearch: 5:45pm On Jun 21, 2022
More like a pseudo post meant to drive traffic. If I'm correct, this is One of three nonsensical post gracing NL Frontpage today. Such a baseless, rudderless, and meaningless post!
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Martinez39s(m): 5:45pm On Jun 21, 2022
Ignore them. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Ogbariemu1(m): 5:46pm On Jun 21, 2022
Don't even think about it.If your girlfriend wants you to quit your work,dump her.Period!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by sfinkzslot(m): 5:46pm On Jun 21, 2022
elimsun:
except there is something else you are not saying or willing to share I don't c how or why to stop working your current job
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by satandeterrible: 5:46pm On Jun 21, 2022
elimsun:
Good day great people of nairaland. I'll make this as short as possible and forgive my typo errors.
I've been working in this construction firm for the past five years together with taking care of my family and my girlfriend who has been in school but due to ASUU strike, now at home.
I'm usually busy and spend less time at home except on weekends - Sundays.
Recently, my girlfriend has been talking me into changing the nature of my work to another job that will afford me the opportunity to give more time to my family and her. I insisted that I'll need more time to be able to find another job but she will not have it that way.
Seems to spoke to my mother about it and it's now hell in the home with my mother threatening she will kill herself if I don't quit the job. This job is something I have used in completing my house and paying the fees of my girlfriend.
Lest I forget, I got the hint that my manager is considering me for a promotion and my quitting the job might just spell doom on me!

I'll appreciate all your suggestions, advice and criticism. I'm really in a fix!
It is only a very stupid fool that sponsors his girlfriend through school.

Like, don't you get it?
Why are some men so stupid and daft?

Never you invest in a woman that is not your wife.
Even your investments in your wife should be carefully measured.

Smh
Lord of simps

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by osazsky(m): 5:46pm On Jun 21, 2022
Rule number one
Never leave A,When B is not yet available..
Only for d wise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by ABANGWABOI(m): 5:46pm On Jun 21, 2022
elimsun:
Good day great people of nairaland. I'll make this as short as possible and forgive my typo errors.
I've been working in this construction firm for the past five years together with taking care of my family and my girlfriend who has been in school but due to ASUU strike, now at home.
Recently, my girlfriend has been talking me into changing the nature of my work to another job that will afford me the opportunity to give more time to my family and her. I insisted that I'll need more time to be able to find another job but she will not have it that way.
Seems to spoke to my mother about it and it's now hell in the home with my mother threatening she will kill herself if I don't quit the job. This job is something I have used in completing my house and paying the fees of my girlfriend.
Lest I forget, I got the hint that my manager is considering me for a promotion and my quitting the job might just spell doom on me!

I'll appreciate all your suggestions, advice and criticism. I'm really in a fix!

Pls quit the job and remain jobless..
Boys go fucvk your GF woto woto by then.. and the hoe would dump you..
Phool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Buffalo2(m): 5:47pm On Jun 21, 2022
Fiancée from the pit of hell. Drop her instead of the job. As for ur mum's threat eh! there's nothing to worry about once that angel of the devil leaves your life, she'll adjust.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by damola1: 5:48pm On Jun 21, 2022
Devils hand. Idle workshop. All these
Jobless people. Leave home. Leave babe.. hungry people… they always over rate talent…

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by ABANGWABOI(m): 5:49pm On Jun 21, 2022
satandeterrible:

It is only a very stupid fool that sponsors his girlfriend through school.

Like, don't you get it?
Why are some men so stupid and daft?

Never you invest in a woman that is not your wife.
Even your investments in your wife should be carefully measured.

Smh
Lord of simps

Na stupid man dey take advice from Women..
See people advising him.. his GF and Mother..
His father and Elder brother(s) for example,can never give him such stupid advice..
He would learn the hard way..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Reference(m): 5:49pm On Jun 21, 2022
That is the lot of the engineering profession.

You probably started young, too young to know the implications on family, friends and relationships the totally unpredictable times and seasons the profession throws up so that you made it a point of duty to create a family around that with full disclosures to your better half before tying the knot.

A core engineer will only have time for family when he grows old and retires to the office or from the job completely.
You're lucky. I know some folks that spend only three weeks a year with their loved ones.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by BlueAir: 5:49pm On Jun 21, 2022
Relocate ur gf and children close to ur work. If anyone doesn't agree with u doing this,then it's not ur fault if u choose ur job. Ur mom can do without u mosttimes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by stigman(m): 5:50pm On Jun 21, 2022
elimsun:

Your mother should let you be abeg, my brother continue with ur job o, just ask any of them to borrow u money and see what they will tell you, stay where u are
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Sijo01(f): 5:50pm On Jun 21, 2022
What we read on nairaland.

So your jobless girlfriend you're sponsoring in school is asking you to quite your job so you can spend time with her? And you're even considering it. Wonder shall never end.

Your mom is threatening to kill herself if you don't quite your job. This is one of the 7wonders of the world.

How about you take your annual leave, tell them you've quited just as they demanded. Stay with them at home throughout the duration of the leave. Don't spend a penny, ask them for money even when you don't need it. Make them to understand you have no savings...... Let them carry the financial burden and see how it turns out.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by dheolexaone(f): 5:51pm On Jun 21, 2022
Sora fun obinrin o.
Oluwa a wa pelu e.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by michaelponle(m): 5:52pm On Jun 21, 2022
I like things like this.
If you are entitled to leave!
Take two weeks leave, tell them u HV resign sleep n wake if they ask u for money tell them u r saving it to start a business but you hvnt known the business yet.
If you are not entitled to, wen ever u come BK, don't give anybody face don't smile, you play too much that's why. Do it for two weeks they will adjust, then call a meeting n advice them.

I have a personal experience like this, I went far from the state.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by dheolexaone(f): 5:52pm On Jun 21, 2022
Sijo01:

So your jobless girlfriend you're sponsoring in school is asking you to quite your job so you can spend time with her? And you're even considering it. Wonder shall never end.

Your mom is threatening to kill herself if you don't quite your job. This is one of the 7wonders of the world.

How about you take your annual leave, tell them you've quited just as they demanded. Stay with them at home throughout the duration of the leave. Don't spend a penny, ask them for money even when you don't need it. Make them to understand you have no savings...... Let them carry the financial burden and see how it turns out.

I love ur tactical strategy.
Women, they will complain again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Pootle: 5:54pm On Jun 21, 2022
you are a fool for considering to quit what put food on your table

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by kingdestiny(m): 5:54pm On Jun 21, 2022
yomi007k:
undecided

I think it is time to change girlfriend.
Aswear,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by marvy7: 5:55pm On Jun 21, 2022
Bro I beg with God, please don't quit your job.... This same pple will eat u up when this job isn't there, I was in your shoes last year....guess what, I lost both the job and the girl I haven't recovered till this very moment.
She is still only your girlfriend and I must say u are very lucky she is voicing out... Meaning she is communicating. A lot these ladies don't and they would Bleep u over.
If u really want to marry her, u need truly to figure a plan and share it with her and ur mum please and please don't manage words but find a way to communicate it so they understand clearly especially ur gf. You see the thing with many of the our jobless babes is they don't know how tough it is out there ....they know nothing.
Ones again its good she is voicing out, make a plan and share with them on how u want to move career.
Don't worry, it's going to work out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jun 21, 2022
Village people under the guise of your mum and gf. Be careful.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by aelle(m): 5:56pm On Jun 21, 2022
We are out here looking for job and you want to leave one. Depression is real think about it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Brunosamel(m): 5:56pm On Jun 21, 2022
elimsun:

No matter what bro don't do it at least not when you don't have alternative source of income Don't please anyone for the sake of spending time with them. Your goals and
purpose is bigeer then any one except God so Focus on it with no regrets or what's so ever reason it may be.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Brunosamel(m): 5:59pm On Jun 21, 2022
Sijo01:

Imagine the audacity of there selfishness
Quit your job and come stay with them the will resent him eventually if he ever tries it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by cremedelacreme: 6:01pm On Jun 21, 2022
Your girlfriend is an immature confused fool (no offense). Quit your job today and become broke, the same girl will f**k your best friend one week after.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Meenabee(f): 6:07pm On Jun 21, 2022
See you need to speak to your mum about it for your girlfriend if she can't cope she can bounce cos the moment you quit trying to get another one will she be patient after she has gotten the time she seeks from you during your waiting period. No she won't cos she seems selfish, insensitive and lacks patience.
Pls hold as you're about to be promoted, once you get promoted work a few months then seek a new job.
elimsun:

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by ashewoboy(m): 6:08pm On Jun 21, 2022
Mariangeles:

Don't you have a mind of your own? Use it! undecided

Why are you stalking me?
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by akee01(m): 6:08pm On Jun 21, 2022
Ur man is damn lucky ��

pozehnani:
Huh?

You know what? Quit that your girlfriend and if possible, quit your family until they come back to their senses.

Like how unreasonable can they be? In this period of lack of employment where people are struggling to survive, they are telling you to quit your only means of livelyhood while all they do is sit their asses and gulp down your sweat in one swoop, adding nothing to you.

See, ignore them. In fact, cut off from them. They are a set back. If anything happens to your job and you delay a tad bit in getting another one, they will be the first to remind you of how your mates are out there working their ass out while you're prowling about in the house. Then you'll hear, " na your face we wan chop?"

Op, you better borrow sense and make a U-turn from them because it's like your village people have begun to reason your matter through them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by hardon1(m): 6:09pm On Jun 21, 2022
How come no body is talking about the girlfriend part. If this thread were to be about a woman talking about how her side guy/Suger boy is disturbing her to change job so as to create more time for them, I guess the responses will begin with "LovePeddler", "ashawo" '"useless ungrateful woman"

Nobody wants to tell him that he is being unfaithful and seeing another women may dent relationship with is wife.

Na wa sha angry angry grin
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Patented: 6:10pm On Jun 21, 2022
elimsun:

Take 3-4 weeks of leave and tell them that you have quit the job. Stop dropping money based on lack of inflow and see their reaction to having you at home without money.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NNPC Sacked 850 Refinery Workers - NUPENG / Widow Who Rides A Keke Napep For A Living Shares Her Emotional Story (photos) / How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.