Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,261 members, 7,822,322 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

My Job Is Ruining My Family - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Job Is Ruining My Family (22594 Views)

What Kind Of Job Is This? (Video) / My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? / My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Lantosed: 7:19pm On Jun 21, 2022
I'll advice you on to get another girlfriend who will adjust to your life and pattern, you will never be first in construction worker. You deserve a good life and peace of mind.
If you loose everything tomorrow that your girlfriend will be the first person you to dump your ass, use ya sense and please ndo;t anybody else bother you. Focus on your job

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by peedeeasobie(m): 7:31pm On Jun 21, 2022
This guy will quit this job. He will.

It is not a "village people" thing. He is in love.

Look at the heading He chose "my job is ruining my family". He already considers the job as a disadvantage and the girlfriend as family. He pays fees for a girl He has not married.

He will quit the job... if he wouldn't, he wouldn't have come here for advice... the topic would have been "I left my St.upid girlfriend for asking me to quit my job" rather He chose this topic "my job is ruining my family".

When your so-called girlfriend was in school, did she ask you to quit your job, probably no. It is now she's at home and jobless that she is asking you to quit your job...

What would you be doing for her if you start staying at home? Have premarital sex with her?

I know you will still quit your job after all these advice...

But have you seen these people that beg online, their case will be better than yours when you quit

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Akakanfirstclass(m): 7:32pm On Jun 21, 2022
yomi007k:
undecided

I think it is time to change girlfriend.

master, give me knowledge pls...

tiri Gbosa for you, oh thou wise one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Nikkganc08(m): 7:35pm On Jun 21, 2022
elimsun:
Good day great people of nairaland. I'll make this as short as possible and forgive my typo errors.
I've been working in this construction firm for the past five years together with taking care of my family and my girlfriend who has been in school but due to ASUU strike, now at home.
I'm usually busy and spend less time at home except on weekends - Sundays.
Recently, my girlfriend has been talking me into changing the nature of my work to another job that will afford me the opportunity to give more time to my family and her. I insisted that I'll need more time to be able to find another job but she will not have it that way.
Seems to spoke to my mother about it and it's now hell in the home with my mother threatening she will kill herself if I don't quit the job. This job is something I have used in completing my house and paying the fees of my girlfriend.
Lest I forget, I got the hint that my manager is considering me for a promotion and my quitting the job might just spell doom on me!

I'll appreciate all your suggestions, advice and criticism. I'm really in a fix!

Ask ur dad for advice.

Stop listening to women.

By women, i mean both ur mum and girlfriend.

Or any one that can comfortably bleed every month without dying.

If ur girlfriend is in a hurry , let her go n get her own dream job.

Or is she crippled?

Same as ur mum.
She's ur mum doesn't stop her from fending for herself. Is she older than those women hustling in the market?

Over here, my mum would collect large sums of money from my eldest brother.

Later on, she'd be same person to scold him for not having savings or marrying yet.

Good jobs are scarce.
Don't lose d one u have at hand.

A bird at hand is worth more than two in d bush.

What if u quit, then couldn't get a better job?

That girl will dump u. Mark my words.
Same way mums respect for u will quickly vanish.

They r all asking u to change job because they want bigger money from u.
They r just tired of what u r giving them.

They just want to sit at home n get paychecks from u.

Apart from ASUU strike, ask that lady what's her plans for d future and also, her plans for getting big paychecks too.

With that question, you'd see d emptiness inside her.

Don't say u weren't warned.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by DKM123: 7:37pm On Jun 21, 2022
Why on earth will anyone want to quit thier job just because his girlfriend or even family said so, when there is no job waiting for them to fall back to.

So when you quit and they see your face 24/7, is that what is going to pay the bills?

See ehn, nairaland makes me wonder if we are all living in the same planet earth cos some of you are definitely from Pluto.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by ibechris(m): 7:41pm On Jun 21, 2022
I pity u.

If she provides u with another job,then resign and if not,I pity u.

Nigeria without a job is hell oh.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by joyousever(f): 7:49pm On Jun 21, 2022
Don't quit that job until you've gotten another one! And don't bow to any pressure from your partner or your mother because by the time you quit and don't get another one so soon or become jobless, they will start "seeing you finish" Your partner will remember those that are better than you and dump you for them and unnecessary fights will be coming up per second billing! As for your mother, she won't kill herself! That's just a bluff. She'll still be the one that will remind you that you left your job to become jobless or a liability and she'll start comparing you to her friends' sons. Be wise! Country hard no be small!!
elimsun:
Good day great people of nairaland. I'll make this as short as possible and forgive my typo errors.
I've been working in this construction firm for the past five years together with taking care of my family and my girlfriend who has been in school but due to ASUU strike, now at home.
Recently, my girlfriend has been talking me into changing the nature of my work to another job that will afford me the opportunity to give more time to my family and her. I insisted that I'll need more time to be able to find another job but she will not have it that way.
Seems to spoke to my mother about it and it's now hell in the home with my mother threatening she will kill herself if I don't quit the job. This job is something I have used in completing my house and paying the fees of my girlfriend.
Lest I forget, I got the hint that my manager is considering me for a promotion and my quitting the job might just spell doom on me!

I'll appreciate all your suggestions, advice and criticism. I'm really in a fix!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Akakanfirstclass(m): 7:51pm On Jun 21, 2022
Reality3080:
I really don’t care about other things but on d issues of sending your gf to school u go chop breakfast last last

girlfriend wey Don knack half the guys in her faculty..

as soon as them call off strike, she go knack the remaining half. .

my gender too mVmV

Op, download the rational male and read so u can become a sensible redpiller..

"if you love a woman, you can't understand what is really in her..
and if you understand what is really in her then you can't love her,"
by woman, I mean all women in general, even your mother, that's why women hate women, they know the demon in them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Hussein035: 7:54pm On Jun 21, 2022
elimsun:

If you quit your job I will swear for you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by BusinessPlan22: 7:56pm On Jun 21, 2022
elimsun:

Leave job becos of woman or family... Which time do family want...
You are alone but don't know yet. Be fooling urself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by showafrica(m): 8:03pm On Jun 21, 2022
elimsun:

Listen to women at your own peril. Tell her you will quit soon... Then start gadering wealth. If you no gather enough wealth, don't quit. First open shop for her to get busy too... And start planning your retirement. I repeat don't quit your job if you don't have anything given you at least 50k every day. No say I no tell you. If she Wan cheat make she go cheat, if you catch her, pursue her find better woman. Your money is your best friend, no say I no tell you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by milanseedorf(m): 8:08pm On Jun 21, 2022
elimsun:

How old are you. Be like you dey 20 years wey one girl go dey tell you wetin you go do. Come here make I wipe you oraimo cord. Simp

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by oghenetega100(f): 8:09pm On Jun 21, 2022
Quit your job in this economy, don’t even try it. You can start searching for something better but don’t quit till you get another job.
elimsun:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Kakamorufu(m): 8:12pm On Jun 21, 2022
It's time to leave your Gf. Not even my wife can be bold enough to tell me to leave my source of income because she wants more time with me.
Use your head o angry
NA she go first mock you when you can't provide for her needs again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Zubydeangelo(m): 8:26pm On Jun 21, 2022
elimsun:

What are you waiting for? Quit the job immediately...mumu!
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Raychee(f): 8:33pm On Jun 21, 2022
Idk why, but the vibes i get from this story is that it is fabricated. Because, i don't understand how a reasonable person in this economy would ask someone to quit a job that pays the bills for the convenience of more time to spend idling around with them. It's not like you have a family with kids yet.
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by na2016: 8:38pm On Jun 21, 2022
Abfinest007:
Never consider quitting bcuz if u do ,she will be d first to mock u and if u try to remind her , she's the one that push u. her response will be"I told u something and u couldn't use ur head

Op, u see this advice, use it. I have been in this situation n it is advice like this that is helping me to battle my way through. In my case na wife oo not to talk of girlfriend. She will be the first to dump u.

1 Like

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Mattsilva: 8:46pm On Jun 21, 2022
Any girlfriend not wife that start manipulating your parents against you, especially your mom in other to have her ways, my brother you better run now, because she can't make a good wife...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by frozen70(f): 8:47pm On Jun 21, 2022
elimsun:

Imagin the pressure you are going through form both ends

Where do they want you to get automatic job

Are they not seeing uoir progress in the family

Your girl friend own is a small case, if she can't cope she can leave after all you are caring for her education

As for your mum, just don't challenge her, just tell her that you are searching and if she sees any she can link you up

Don't leave the one you already have for the one you don't even know how it's going to be

I think you are spending much on them that's why they feel you can get a bigger one and spend more

If you stop that job, you may not be able to survive the situation that will come up pls

You still need the job while they get another one to replace it
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by yomi007k(m): 9:04pm On Jun 21, 2022
Akakanfirstclass:

master, give me knowledge pls...

tiri Gbosa for you, oh thou wise one

Verily, I say unto thee no man get knowledge except from Baba God himself.

Stay blessed.

1 Like

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by galantjoe(m): 9:06pm On Jun 21, 2022
Your village people are calling u to come back home. Never listen to any of them. They re tools used by your village people to manipulate u into resigning. Once you resigned, the same people go mock u and you will go back to square one

1 Like

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Banbanna(m): 9:12pm On Jun 21, 2022
...With my mother threatening she will kill herself if I don't quit the job. [/quote]

This part of your story seems desperate on your mama's part, sort of funny. And it makes me wonder if you're his only child/son that she's so attached to you and can't stand your being absent for too long. What does she want with your constant presence, to spoon feed or overly smother you with her motherly care as if you're still a child/underage person? Bro, the majority has spoken well enough, gladly heed their advice.
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by akanbiaa(m): 9:37pm On Jun 21, 2022
elimsun:

Go on leave or ask for break for some days and tell her they sacked you and its because of the pressure she was mounting on you and you were not paid a dime, ask her how are the two of you going to survive now and wait for her reaction, body language and reply and quote me for next plan of action.
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by celestine2015: 9:38pm On Jun 21, 2022
OP, never u quit ur job to start looking for jobs. I bet you, it won't go down well with you. Remain there and keep improving...one day you'll rise.

As u can pay ur bills, u no like am?. Wait until you're unable to pay ur bills..OYO will be ur 2nd name.
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by HeavenShield: 9:45pm On Jun 21, 2022
Imagine!!! In this recession grin

Thank God, he has shown you your real enemies angry

Think about that.

I forgot to add, You owe NO MAN(including wives, parents and children) anything, but to honour, respect and provide(via Job and work) for them.

Receive Wisdom!!!
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Cathmira: 9:53pm On Jun 21, 2022
Please it's not a gud idea for u to quit ur job o, it has benefited u in some ways think about it
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by WantsandMore: 11:20pm On Jun 21, 2022
elimsun:

don’t quit the Job , just starts acting up & behaving funny each time your mom and your gf request for money or anything else, keep up with the appearance for atleast a month, gauge their reactions & decide for your self . When you get money you be honey when you no get money you be monkey �

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by VULCAN(m): 11:43pm On Jun 21, 2022
Pls promise to come back to update us by this time next year.

If you quit your job now, I know what you will be crying about by then.

If you stay and get promoted, I know what you will be thanking God by then.

Anyhow let's know how it went
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Alvino1(m): 1:04am On Jun 22, 2022
Dear OP, my advice TO you on this matter is that whatever you do, please ensure you don't lose that job... you know why?? because "DEM NO DEY TELL PERSON"....
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Gloriagee(f): 2:01am On Jun 22, 2022
Don't quit your job except there's a better paying alternative. Where una dey find partners like this sef?
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Irupetepete: 5:22am On Jun 22, 2022
elimsun:

try coming home twice in a month so they can have their brain reset

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NNPC Sacked 850 Refinery Workers - NUPENG / Geoscientists Working In The Oil Industry: How Did You Get In? Share Your Story. / Widow Who Rides A Keke Napep For A Living Shares Her Emotional Story (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.