Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:35 PM

Most Nigerian Parents And Their Poor Child Spacing! A Must Read!!! - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Most Nigerian Parents And Their Poor Child Spacing! A Must Read!!! (41525 Views)

Stop Having Sex In The Presence Of Your Kids — Lady Advises Nigerian Parents / US Soldier Flies Home To Surprise His Parents And Walks In On Them Having Sex / Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Nigerian Parents And Their Poor Child Spacing! A Must Read!!! by jehoha696(m): 12:35am On Jun 23, 2022
Most tyms i blame the govt nd religious leaders,the govt no mucu campaign nd the pastors encouraging deir members to give birth to much kids dat God will takia of dem,how will someone tell a woman dat already has five kids "If God give u twins,u no go collect am" naw God blessing, born cuz u no go know d one wey God go use open door for una"... lipsrsealed angry sad ...naw diz kind talk make mama Ochuko born 8 pikin inside one room face2face,husband don run leave her nd d kids....

2 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Parents And Their Poor Child Spacing! A Must Read!!! by vickydevoka(m): 12:37am On Jun 23, 2022
Islandlady:
Arrh wahala , abeg make una face una own immediate family! Una don try for am...make he continue to dey carry him burden alone cheesy
With all this thing, they will still say you are wicked. You don't know women. They have entitlement mentality. It's natural
Re: Most Nigerian Parents And Their Poor Child Spacing! A Must Read!!! by Malachite: 1:21am On Jun 23, 2022
[quote author=chukwugoziegi post=114066963]Nigerian men don't believe in vasectomies. [/quot

why should they, do you think Asian men believe in vasectomies from looking a he figures.
Re: Most Nigerian Parents And Their Poor Child Spacing! A Must Read!!! by Malachite: 1:26am On Jun 23, 2022
ImaIma1:

I know a couple like that too as per religious tins. They have about 6 now. I just wonder when I see this woman...always pregnant. Husband is a keke rider. I guess they will keep reproducing till they she reaches menopause because it seems their faith is against family planning.

There is poverty and less learned people all over the world, and there will always be. Go do your research even tiny countries with small population have poverty.

Birth control is a choice and some of these pills and injection caused obesity and other side effect in some women. Let people have choice how and when to have children. Stop the decimation against married couples who live by their religious faith.

1 Like

Re: Most Nigerian Parents And Their Poor Child Spacing! A Must Read!!! by cooltola(m): 1:30am On Jun 23, 2022
Back in the olden days of our great and grandparents, it was very common for a woman to have at least 5 children. 5 was small back then, so many Nigerians back then grew up with having 4 or more siblings. So the behaviors just continue today, what Mrs B saw her mother do is what she mostly likely to do. Not every person believe in family planning or spacing. The government is suppose to educate and encourage family planning

1 Like

Re: Most Nigerian Parents And Their Poor Child Spacing! A Must Read!!! by Malachite: 1:33am On Jun 23, 2022
Slynation:
More reason couples has to discuss this over before marriage...but poor men loves sex and give birth to babies like dogs, and they keep asking God the rhetorical question "why is my own different"

so the children God bless them with are according to you are dogs. if a white person were to say Africans breed like dogs you will be angry.

2 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Parents And Their Poor Child Spacing! A Must Read!!! by Malachite: 1:38am On Jun 23, 2022
[quote author=cooltola post=114067474]Back in the olden days of our great and grandparents, it was very common for a woman to have at least 5 children. 5 was small back then, so many Nigerians back then grew up with having 4 or more siblings. So the behaviors just continue today, what Mrs B saw her mother do is what she mostly likely to do. Not every person believe in family planning or spacing. The government is suppose to educate and encourage family planning[/quot

In some countries our grandparents had 15, 16 children. We had lots of aunts, uncles and cousin support.

2 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Parents And Their Poor Child Spacing! A Must Read!!! by Malachite: 2:02am On Jun 23, 2022
xandy84:
Banging your wife daily should not necessarily translate into more babies. Family planning is a sensitive issue in Nigeria that politicians avoid cos it upset the some section of the population and that might be end of their political career. Naija politician will avoid the topic of family planning just like a Republican will avoid gun control like plague... Our reproductive rate is definitely to make the control a fail State soon if we do not slow down and introduce what works for the Chinese.

A husband doesn’t bang his wife he procreates with his wife. It is like saying that your father bang your mother to produce you hence you have grown up vulgar and crude.

Re: Most Nigerian Parents And Their Poor Child Spacing! A Must Read!!! by DeAlphaMale(m): 2:14am On Jun 23, 2022
Child spacing is important in poor homes, true to God. There's this rich professor I know he has 3 kids, almost 1yr and 6months apart from each other, omo see fun among siblings.
Re: Most Nigerian Parents And Their Poor Child Spacing! A Must Read!!! by AreaFada2: 2:35am On Jun 23, 2022
SpecialAdviser:

I am a married man and except you get married you may not understand very well. A lot of kids come through accidental discharge.

In fact my second kid was not planned. I was using withdrawal method and even avoiding ovulation time but lol, didn't work. Even condom may not always be available. So also susctible to failure. Lol

Oyibo people would call that unwanted pregnancy and abort it but we Nigerians have conscience. Even family planning also fail these days. My brother nobody will intentionally space his kids for just 1 year. Impossible

Oga very poor excuse. There are some people on this forum who know one or two things about these things. Many are also parents who have successfully done family planning. Bolded shows that you did it half-heartedly.

If used correctly, contraception can be effective. Select your method well with your clinician. Failure rate is low when family planning is done properly and COMPLIED with. Withdrawal or condom that is not available sometimes is not contraception. What happened to IUD? shocked shocked

When knackaton dey hungry you seriously, do you really care about ovulation or no ovulation? Talk true. grin cheesy

You talk of conscience when about 1.25 million abortions take place every year in 9ja. Same 9ja that new born babies are found floating in gutters and refuse dumps across 9ja?

Which part of healthcare sector did you work in oyinbo land to know how oyinbo do abortions without conscience? shocked shocked

Fact is that too many people are poor in 9ja and even some average people are too ignorant about family planning. Then religiosity that is misapplied instead of common sense.

Too many people have too many kids they can't care for (not referring to you) and that govt has no will or desire to plan for. Disastrous as we can see with Boko recruits, bandits, kidnappers, street kids, common criminals, etc.

4 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Parents And Their Poor Child Spacing! A Must Read!!! by xandy84: 2:43am On Jun 23, 2022
I will just ignore you. I replied to a post that used that slag and reason for me to quote him. Have a good one

[quote author=Malachite post=114067689][/quote]
Re: Most Nigerian Parents And Their Poor Child Spacing! A Must Read!!! by 1Sharon(f): 3:12am On Jun 23, 2022
Romanoff:
What about those that family planning failed them?

Family planning does not fail! That's BS!
Re: Most Nigerian Parents And Their Poor Child Spacing! A Must Read!!! by SoapQueen(f): 3:22am On Jun 23, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

There is nothing like family planning failed them.

Condoms, pills and other family planning does not fail.
The people using it fail to use it properly or decided not to use it at all.

I find it odd that a married couple will have sexual relations with a condom. Well, to each his own.

Even at that, birth control methods can FAIL, Oga. Have you not seen women crying because they got pregnant when they were so so sure they were 1000% protected?

These women are pleeeeennntttyy. Sometimes, they are even ashamed to go for pre-natal because they know their nurses would skin them alive and taunt them non-stop for being careless.

Finally, women should go for IUD/implants if their hormones/ bodies can withstand it.

2 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Parents And Their Poor Child Spacing! A Must Read!!! by 1Sharon(f): 3:27am On Jun 23, 2022
SoapQueen:

I find it odd that a married couple will have sexual relations with a condom. Well, to each his own.

Even at that, birth control methods can FAIL, Oga. Have you not seen women crying because they got pregnant when they were so so sure they were 1000% protected?

These women are pleeeeennntttyy.

But women should go for IUD/implants if their hormones/ bodies can withstand it.

Alaye,
What do you think a condom is for?

Contraception doesn't fail. The people using it don't know what they're doing, when used effectively contraception is 99.9% effective.

If they were bad like those liars are making it seem, they'd be long recalled.

1 Like

Re: Most Nigerian Parents And Their Poor Child Spacing! A Must Read!!! by 1Sharon(f): 3:33am On Jun 23, 2022
armyofone:

Family planning failed some one 4 or 5 times ?
I doubt that.

Open your eyes when making love, know when condom breaks grin

It doesn't break, they're lying.

They believe in taking/giving raw dick and then turning around to make excuses.

Look at the stretch capacity:

2 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Parents And Their Poor Child Spacing! A Must Read!!! by 1Sharon(f): 3:40am On Jun 23, 2022
lagosrd:

Let me burst your brain, there is this friend of mine after the first child, they waited for two years and had a twins and waited again for 3yrs maybe they can just have 4 kids and stop, behold it was a triplet. I joking told him if you continue this way, your next one go be 4

They used fertility treatments.

Twins (monozygotic) and triplets especially do not just happen by chance.
Re: Most Nigerian Parents And Their Poor Child Spacing! A Must Read!!! by Anfieldboss: 3:42am On Jun 23, 2022
Islandlady:
That's cool, may your wish be granted...But just give them gap! grin

Consider a scenario where a woman married really late, say 38 and she desires to have 3 children. I don't think such woman have the luxury of spacing her children considering hitting menopause soon and complications that come from giving birth at an older age. Life is not black and white, spacing of children is mostly favourable to women that married young, say in their twenties.

Nonetheless, spacing of children is very good and ideal but it is suitable for women who married early.

1 Like

Re: Most Nigerian Parents And Their Poor Child Spacing! A Must Read!!! by ImaIma1(f): 3:44am On Jun 23, 2022
Malachite:

There is poverty and less learned people all over the world, and there will always be. Go do your research even tiny countries with small population have poverty.

Birth control is a choice and some of these pills and injection caused obesity and other side effect in some women. Let people have choice how and when to have children. Stop the decimation against married couples who live by their religious faith.

There should be some kind of awareness for these people because such children when they are not well catered for and trained, become a nuisance not just to their parents, but to the society at large.

This woman always leaves the kids especially the 10month old girl with neighbours for long hours. Who is training them?

Imagine another couple who have 4boys started staying in an uncompleted building in the area. These are people that are struggling but they brought 4 children to come and suffer and you say we should allow people breed as much as they want.

So No, it is not ok for couples to keep reproducing without caution. The children are the ones who are affected by this the most. They need to be responsible. There are other methods like condoms, etc. It should be explored instead of giving excuse of faith/religion.

4 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Parents And Their Poor Child Spacing! A Must Read!!! by 1Sharon(f): 3:50am On Jun 23, 2022
Malachite:

Some of these married couples started having sex long before they go married so which stupid faith are you talking about?

2 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Parents And Their Poor Child Spacing! A Must Read!!! by cococandy(f): 4:16am On Jun 23, 2022
Malachite:

That’s why more men should get vasectomies. It benefits both them and their wives after they have had the amount of children they wish for. No need for continuous hormonal birth control

3 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Parents And Their Poor Child Spacing! A Must Read!!! by LivingTribunal: 4:53am On Jun 23, 2022
Romanoff:
I'm sure you don't know the meaning of family planning
Re: Most Nigerian Parents And Their Poor Child Spacing! A Must Read!!! by FromZeroToHero(m): 5:38am On Jun 23, 2022
It depends on the perspective. Assuming a woman that got married at the age of 40. Do you expect her to give a space of 2-4years knowing fully well that menopause is already knocking on her door.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Nigerian Parents And Their Poor Child Spacing! A Must Read!!! by Romanoff(f): 5:39am On Jun 23, 2022
armyofone:

Family planning failed some one 4 or 5 times ?
I doubt that.

Open your eyes when making love, know when condom breaks grin

No jor. I'm talking about those who have two kids close in age.
Re: Most Nigerian Parents And Their Poor Child Spacing! A Must Read!!! by countryman13: 5:49am On Jun 23, 2022
Islandlady:
I have always wanted to write on this particular article about the lack of enough gap or spacing of children by most Nigerian parents!

Few months back I was driving along that Abuja-suleja road and decided to stop by to buy some roasted plantain (boli) from a woman by the roadside! But I couldn't help notice her two baby boys crying profusely, she was holding onto one while the other was on the floor, initially I thought they were twins but after looking well, I noticed that the boy on the floor was a bit older! So I offered to help her console the older child because she was obviously frustrated and so that she can be faster with my plantain so I can hit the road back!

I carried the boy to console him and I was surprised by the way the boy clinged to me and immediately stopped crying, he was still a baby who needs his mother's attention and cuddling but all was cut short becos he now has a baby brother! I asked the women for their ages and she said the older was 2years old and his brother was 1year old! I was not really suprised but angry at the poor spacing between children by most of our Nigerian parents!

I mean if she has given them atleast a 3 to 4years age gap, the older brother will be old enough to console and play with his younger brother, while she will be able do her work without getting fraustrated and depriving the older baby of the care, attention and also stopping his breastfeeding at that early stage! This lack of child spacing harbits is very common among our parents!

I just want to urge our upcoming parents, new couples and singles hoping to get married someday and give birth to please practice a good child spacing of atleast 2-4years age gap, it has a lot of benefits and also give you time to take care of the child properly and also allowing the mothers body rest and become stronger in preparation for another child
Thanks for reading!

If d space too much, village people fit dey worry the woman why she no want to born sharply. Nevertheless, it's really good to space our children but Nigeria economy didn't give us space to space our children.
Re: Most Nigerian Parents And Their Poor Child Spacing! A Must Read!!! by Elidrisy20: 5:56am On Jun 23, 2022
Wetin be una problem,pesin marry,pay dowry na una go come tell am how f@@k and give birth? Una dey crazy
Re: Most Nigerian Parents And Their Poor Child Spacing! A Must Read!!! by sslcrypt: 5:59am On Jun 23, 2022
This is so true, the tender, love and care is very essential to a child's early years formation.
when I was getting married to my husband I knew by default we would have 3 kids maximum. Because white people have that programmed in their DNA to birth what you can give the maximum care. we had our second child 3 years later after the first, during that gap period my parents didn't ask when the second one go come? because they knew na oyibo I marry grin grin grin.

Family planning should be applied because there's nothing as good as when you and your husband can take care of bills, the children and travel on holidays with the kids without stress.

2 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Parents And Their Poor Child Spacing! A Must Read!!! by charlsecy(m): 6:19am On Jun 23, 2022
Romanoff:
A different ball game.
Re: Most Nigerian Parents And Their Poor Child Spacing! A Must Read!!! by bonnyhope: 6:23am On Jun 23, 2022
Natbrowny:

Both graduates. I have to realize say sense no be because u get certificate.

Just imagine say i go pharmacy to buy condoms, the seller who happens to be a registered nurse dey look me one kain all coz of her religious BS. Isnt she supposed to be happy that I'm tryna protect mysef frm infections and getting a lady pregnant when not needed now.

Some people ehn. The couple wey i explain above too na religion things.

Why you sef no go allow your John Thomas rest
Re: Most Nigerian Parents And Their Poor Child Spacing! A Must Read!!! by bonnyhope: 6:25am On Jun 23, 2022
Islandlady:
Can you imagine 10children and still counting without proper education, feeding and healthcare...No wonder they turn into Nuisance

It is their likes that determine the leadership of this country
Re: Most Nigerian Parents And Their Poor Child Spacing! A Must Read!!! by showafrica(m): 6:26am On Jun 23, 2022
Islandlady:
I have always wanted to write on this particular article about the lack of enough gap or spacing of children by most Nigerian parents!

Few months back I was driving along that Abuja-suleja road and decided to stop by to buy some roasted plantain (boli) from a woman by the roadside! But I couldn't help notice her two baby boys crying profusely, she was holding onto one while the other was on the floor, initially I thought they were twins but after looking well, I noticed that the boy on the floor was a bit older! So I offered to help her console the older child because she was obviously frustrated and so that she can be faster with my plantain so I can hit the road back!

I carried the boy to console him and I was surprised by the way the boy clinged to me and immediately stopped crying, he was still a baby who needs his mother's attention and cuddling but all was cut short becos he now has a baby brother! I asked the women for their ages and she said the older was 2years old and his brother was 1year old! I was not really suprised but angry at the poor spacing between children by most of our Nigerian parents!

I mean if she has given them atleast a 3 to 4years age gap, the older brother will be old enough to console and play with his younger brother, while she will be able do her work without getting fraustrated and depriving the older baby of the care, attention and also stopping his breastfeeding at that early stage! This lack of child spacing harbits is very common among our parents!

I just want to urge our upcoming parents, new couples and singles hoping to get married someday and give birth to please practice a good child spacing of atleast 2-4years age gap, it has a lot of benefits and also give you time to take care of the child properly and also allowing the mothers body rest and become stronger in preparation for another child
Thanks for reading!

My advise for guys is to have side chick... Though na sin but that's the only way. If ur prixk long and your wife womb dey down or very active... She go finish you with children. Truth is married women no like condom and sex most times come unprepared especially if both of you are young. Family planning disturbs them in the stomach, I don't know why the doctors don't have any safe and sound solution.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bathing A New Born Baby. . . / Arab Woman Places Advert In Newspaper To Praise Her Kenyan Househelp (photos) / My Marriage Is On The Verge Of Crashing.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.